Options

Reggie Chats

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I always did sort of wonder how exactly an apparent hunter/gatherer tribe like the Hovitos managed an engineering feat like that temple, with its elaborate selfdestruct mechanism, booby traps, pressure plates, light sensors, and a perfectly spherical stone on a track to seal the doorway.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Red Dead was the best

I'd fail out of school if they released a good successor

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    The Shining is about a miserable shrew who won't let her creative husband concentrate, or drink. Finally he has to take matters into his own hands in order to get some much needed quiet time to pursue his art.

There's a very long insanely detailed argument from a quiet possibly literally insane man, that The Shining is an extended, obscure narrative about Jack's sexual abuse of his son

I read a paper once about Huckleberry Finn that referenced another paper (negatively) and alluded to some inflammatory stuff so I went hunting for this other paper, which was somehow actually published.

Yeap. Huck and Jim. Fucking. That was the gist of the paper.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The few videos of MGSV I've seen make it look like Red Dead Redemption but with ridiculous technology.
    That seems a departure from its origins

But potentially a blast

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I always did sort of wonder how exactly an apparent hunter/gatherer tribe like the Hovitos managed an engineering feat like that temple, with its elaborate selfdestruct mechanism, booby traps, pressure plates, light sensors, and a perfectly spherical stone on a track to seal the doorway.

The Thrilling Adventure Hour did an episode of Beyond Belief that is the two heroes going into a temple like that but over the years all of the snakes have died and the traps stopped work.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Someone finding an incredible amount of subtext in Kubrick film is a feature, not a bug.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    My favourite out there reinterpretation is that of Steve Urkle being Laura Winslow's way to feel connected to her father and deal with issues of low self esteem

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular

yeah

it's weirdly compelling though

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok time to drug myself to sleep

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    The few videos of MGSV I've seen make it look like Red Dead Redemption but with ridiculous technology.

I loved rdr

So is there gonna be more open combat in this one

Yea there are two primary area in the game Africa and Afganistan they are large open world style areas.

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    My favourite out there reinterpretation is that of Steve Urkle being Laura Winslow's way to feel connected to her father and deal with issues of low self esteem
    that show got weird

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Everything hurts and I'm dying.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Zoolander is part of a genre of comedy I've never enjoyed (that genre is: everything attached to Ben Stiller or Will Farrell).

Also, it strikes me as vaguely problematic that the central joke of the movie is the very concept of the male model. The ideas that modeling is inherently feminine and that feminine men are funny are retrograde.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Insane people are drawn to the Shining

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok that pretty much convinced me Jack was fucking the kid

• Options
    that show got weird

He built an atomic bomb in his basement.

He went on wwf and fought the bush whackers

Characters just disappeared!

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    The Shining is about a miserable shrew who won't let her creative husband concentrate, or drink. Finally he has to take matters into his own hands in order to get some much needed quiet time to pursue his art.

There's a very long insanely detailed argument from a quiet possibly literally insane man, that The Shining is an extended, obscure narrative about Jack's sexual abuse of his son

I read a paper once about Huckleberry Finn that referenced another paper (negatively) and alluded to some inflammatory stuff so I went hunting for this other paper, which was somehow actually published.

sometimes academic papers are just thinly veiled fanfics

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    that show got weird

Too many Urkels on ya team, that's why your wins low.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

But potentially a blast

The new one is all about "freedom of infiltration", in an open world where you get to determine your route as you infiltrate, snipe, or just go in guns blazing to complete your objective with your wolf/robot/horse/bikini sniper buddy at your side

I am so hype I've gone beyond hype and into quiet contemplation on what the world will be life, now it will have achieved video game perfection...

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

hangover?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

hangover?

Worse. Moving.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    simonwolf wrote: »

But potentially a blast

The new one is all about "freedom of infiltration", in an open world where you get to determine your route as you infiltrate, snipe, or just go in guns blazing to complete your objective with your wolf/robot/horse/bikini sniper buddy at your side

I am so hype I've gone beyond hype and into quiet contemplation on what the world will be life, now it will have achieved video game perfection...

are we sure it's not walk 15 feet, open a menu and awkwardly select a crucial item, walk 15 feet, cutscene, THE MEMES?!, brief weird and probably decent boss fight, cutscene, etc?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I'm drinking warm beer and thinking about my mistakes.

Most of them revolve around other instances of drinking warm beer.

• Options

But potentially a blast

Are you going to start marking time as BMGSVE AND MGSVE?

Tomorrow is the first day of the month of BIG BOSS

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Zoolander is part of a genre of comedy I've never enjoyed (that genre is: everything attached to Ben Stiller or Will Farrell).

Also, it strikes me as vaguely problematic that the central joke of the movie is the very concept of the male model. The ideas that modeling is inherently feminine and that feminine men are funny are retrograde.

I don't recall that being part of the joke.

I thought the joke was that models are stupid.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

hangover?

Worse. Moving.

maybe drinking will help :rotate:

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I quite liked Stranger Than Fiction.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

But potentially a blast

are we sure it's not walk 15 feet, open a menu and awkwardly select a crucial item, walk 15 feet, cutscene, THE MEMES?!, brief weird and probably decent boss fight, cutscene, etc?

I mean if you read or saw literally any of the preview/review things you'd see that the main complaint coming from people is that the cutscenes have been dropped to what seems to be a bare minimum, with extraneous information coming in tapes you can listen to on your own time and dime

• Options
    edited August 2015

I never really felt like that was the joke?

I mean, the central joke is that Derek is spectacularly dumb and shallow in a way that even the other dumb and shallow (largely male) fashion people can scarcely comprehend.

Also it positions Bowie as a figure of power and authority and if you were trying to go hard at non-traditional masculinities that is a v strange choice?

I dunno. You're opinion is valid too.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    that show got weird

He built an atomic bomb in his basement.

He went on wwf and fought the bush whackers

Characters just disappeared!

Also there was an extended arc involving an alternate universe him or something?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Simon so defensive...

He who denied it... will later come around and deride it...

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

sometimes academic papers are just thinly veiled fanfics

It amused me at least. I was super annoyed to be writing an academic paper about a children's novel by an author I love and admire who implored his audience to not overanalyze this particular novel.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Simon so defensive...

He who denied it... will later come around and deride it...

I'm just a metal gear junkie, jonesin' for my tactical espionage action fix

• Options

I mean, the central joke is that Derek is spectacularly dumb and shallow in a way that even the other dumb and shallow (largely male) fashion people can scarcely comprehend.

Also it positions Bowie as a figure of power and authority and if you were trying to go hard at non-trading all masculinities that is a v strange choice?

I will admit that this is not an opinion I'm very invested in, since that would require caring a lot more about Zoolander than I do.

• Options
    To where, Moniker?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

But potentially a blast

I mean if you read or saw literally any of the preview/review things you'd see that the main complaint coming from people is that the cutscenes have been dropped to what seems to be a bare minimum, with extraneous information coming in tapes you can listen to on your own time and dime

i have not read or seen any of the preview/review things!

that does sound much better

if this is sci fi RDR i am actually interested. not having played 4, or anything except Revengeance after 3, I'm sure the extent to which I don't understand 5's story will barely be any worse

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options

Also it positions Bowie as a figure of power and authority and if you were trying to go hard at non-traditional masculinities that is a v strange choice?

No, fight : (

• Options
    In my medium age I have trouble getting angry at the Internet

maybe there's a pill

This discussion has been closed.