Options

Welcome to the Pin Pals! Prime 2015 New Members Thread

evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinnSeattle, WARegistered User regular
Good day and do come in! Drinks are to the left and please don't feed the fishfish. Seriously though we had a LOT of newer pin collectors at Prime and many unfamiliar faces at the pin trading panel, so if you're here at the forum for the first time, welcome!

Since the community thread is fairly saturated I'd like to use this thread as a place for anyone just coming in from Prime to introduce themselves and ask any questions they might have while they get oriented with our community. Ideally we can have one of these after every PAX so we can include as many new faces (handles?) as possible. We're all good folks here and we're happy to have you join the ranks!

«1

Posts

  • Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    I've been casually buying pins for the last two years and ramped up more this year. I still didn't go for completionist (yet), but am likely to try to next year. I didn't make it into the trading because of the early capped line, but made some trades in the lobby and swung by the trading table regularly when I didn't have anywhere else to be.

    Nice to meet everyone. :)

  • Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    There's a trading table? I am such a n00b. I really wish I made more of an effort to attend the trading events because everyone is so cool. I just always get there too late and its capped.

    PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

    Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    dchoy wrote: »
    There's a trading table? I am such a n00b. I really wish I made more of an effort to attend the trading events because everyone is so cool. I just always get there too late and its capped.

    Yeah, it was next to the main merch booth, it was where the staff was trading pins. There was also often individual traders around.

  • Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Don't be afraid to trade down under, you might get some nice treats :)

    Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Please check out the new thread i made that puts together all the useful resources we have in one place.

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/200192/pinny-pals-community-resource-hub-podcast-chat-apps-and-useful-info#latest


    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    Don't be afraid to trade down under, you might get some nice treats :)

    I fear nothing except shipping times. (And maybe "fear" isn't exactly the right word? :biggrin:)

  • Options
    evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As someone who just completed their first international trade, the shipping time and lack of tracking is definitely nerve wracking but everything seems to end up where it's supposed to go so far! Well... 1 for 1 at least.

  • Options
    nohomeJeromenohomeJerome Emerald City, WA Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I had only one question at the start of Pax this year and it was answered fairly early on. That is, would I attempt to collect all the pins available? The answer was a resounding NO! I just can't do it. I suspected this going into Friday morning while I waited in the Merch Lite booth to pick up the Prime Polygon. And I was quite relieved my gut feeling was right.

    I respect anyone that can/attempts to, but not all pins are created equal. Unless I find it to be visually appealing, or there exists some underlying personal connection with the game/company it represents, it has no appeal to me. That's why I passed on demoing World of Warships or paying $10 a twist at the Behemoth pinny slots, among other things.

    To all the hardcore pin completionists out there: God speed and good luck.

    That being said, I did snag quite a few pins this year and would be happy to discuss trades; I noticed one or two pins floating about that caught my eye. However, I didn't broach the suspect at Prime because, quite frankly, I didn't want to offend anyone by offering a trade of insignificant value. Forgive my (pin)ignorance :).

    nohomeJerome on
  • Options
    MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    As someone who just completed their first international trade, the shipping time and lack of tracking is definitely nerve wracking but everything seems to end up where it's supposed to go so far! Well... 1 for 1 at least.

    If from Australia, lack of tracking is by choice. Auspost do pack and track for A$21. (Yes it's a little pricey.)

  • Options
    mikegmi2mikegmi2 Registered User regular
    I collected a few last Prime, and got much more involved this year. I was the guy asking around for a Wilson pin in the overflow line for the trading event. My good friend ended up finding one, which I traded him for. I don't go for all the pins either...just the ones that look cool or game that I play(ed), like WotC, Fallout, etc.

    I managed to trade for a lot of the stuff I wanted (Leeroy, Hearthstone Cards, Wilson), and am only after a couple WotC pins, as well as the Twitch Glitch.

    Was a lot of fun meeting some new people, and conversing about games/pins at the trading event. Oh, and hi!

  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    mikegmi2 wrote: »
    Oh, and hi!
    Hi!
    mikegmi2 wrote: »
    as well as the Twitch Glitch.
    I'm so sorry.

    Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    That being said, I did snag quite a few pins this year and would be happy to discuss trades; I noticed one or two pins floating about that caught my eye. However, I didn't broach the suspect at Prime because, quite frankly, I didn't want to offend anyone by offering a trade of insignificant value. Forgive my (pin)ignorance :).
    Happy to have you! Never worry about offering a "bad" trade, I could offer my DLC (if I had one) for your Castle Guy (if you have one) and if both parties come out of the trade happy then to hell with anyone who says that was insignificant! The best way to learn is to ask and all of us are here more than happy to help out! Be sure to check out PinnyPals if you're looking for trades as well, you can find my profile (and many other users) by clicking the link in my (or their) signature.
    Madkine wrote: »
    As someone who just completed their first international trade, the shipping time and lack of tracking is definitely nerve wracking but everything seems to end up where it's supposed to go so far! Well... 1 for 1 at least.

    If from Australia, lack of tracking is by choice. Auspost do pack and track for A$21. (Yes it's a little pricey.)
    Oh wow, gross. Yeah so not worth it.
    mikegmi2 wrote: »
    I collected a few last Prime, and got much more involved this year. I was the guy asking around for a Wilson pin in the overflow line for the trading event. My good friend ended up finding one, which I traded him for. I don't go for all the pins either...just the ones that look cool or game that I play(ed), like WotC, Fallout, etc.

    I managed to trade for a lot of the stuff I wanted (Leeroy, Hearthstone Cards, Wilson), and am only after a couple WotC pins, as well as the Twitch Glitch.

    Was a lot of fun meeting some new people, and conversing about games/pins at the trading event. Oh, and hi!
    Hi to you too! Welcome to the endless party we call pinsanity and congrats on your trades! Hopefully we'll be able to toss some pins at each other in the future.

    evanephrine on
  • Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    That's why I passed on demoing World of Warships or paying $10 a twist at the Behemoth pinny slots, among other things.

    The Behemoth booth can be fun if there's a lot of people there doing it at the same time because trades start happening pretty naturally and organically. You still end up spending a decent amount of money, but since they really don't have rare pins (they're all runs of 1000) getting the full set shouldn't be impossible.

  • Options
    hackyhacky Registered User regular
    D0rkAngl wrote: »
    That's why I passed on demoing World of Warships or paying $10 a twist at the Behemoth pinny slots, among other things.

    The Behemoth booth can be fun if there's a lot of people there doing it at the same time because trades start happening pretty naturally and organically. You still end up spending a decent amount of money, but since they really don't have rare pins (they're all runs of 1000) getting the full set shouldn't be impossible.

    Buy 5 hoping for one of each, inevitably get three of the same one, find people to trade with and go home happy... and then pass by another ten times during PAX and be very tempted to buy more hoping for the unicorn.

  • Options
    TheRightStoffTheRightStoff Registered User regular
    Hello everyone,

    I am a long time PAX Prime goer. This was my 6th PAX Prime. I wasn't interested in pins in 2013 other than the PAX2013 pin. In 2014, I went on a quest for an AUS Chandra, Hearthstone cards, and Leeroy Jenkins, but most of the other pins didn't interest me. I got two out of three. This year I consider my self a pin collector. My main quest this year was to get back many of pins I got rid of in 2013 as well as my continued search for Leeroy Jenkins. I was pretty successful, but still no Leeroy. However, in my search I was introduced to this great community. Thanks everyone for being to friendly and not laughing too loudly when seeing my sparsely filled Official Pinny Arcade bag. :biggrin:

  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Madkine wrote: »
    As someone who just completed their first international trade, the shipping time and lack of tracking is definitely nerve wracking but everything seems to end up where it's supposed to go so far! Well... 1 for 1 at least.

    If from Australia, lack of tracking is by choice. Auspost do pack and track for A$21. (Yes it's a little pricey.)

    My post office insists that international tracking will only follow it while in Australia, and is effectively useless once it's out of the country.

  • Options
    MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular

    My post office insists that international tracking will only follow it while in Australia, and is effectively useless once it's out of the country.

    Hmm, guess I'll find out over the next week.

  • Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    I always feel like such a scrub at the behemoth booth. I usually drop quite a lot. In this case a bit more since I was trying to get pins for my pin group as well. Needless to say I did not get a raccoon (the rare out of the East set). Luckily there was a nice guy there who had an extra and traded me. I still ended up with like 5 Sophia Hex and like 5-6 Rainbow Horse... >.>

    PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

    Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    @dchoy I believe those Rainbow Horse are the most sought after of the bunch, so to have 5-6 is not bad as trade materials.

  • Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    @dchoy I believe those Rainbow Horse are the most sought after of the bunch, so to have 5-6 is not bad as trade materials.

    Technically this is true but behemoth pins don't always hold that value in terms of trades.

    PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

    Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    dchoy wrote: »
    @dchoy I believe those Rainbow Horse are the most sought after of the bunch, so to have 5-6 is not bad as trade materials.

    Technically this is true but behemoth pins don't always hold that value in terms of trades.

    Yeah, the problem is that they seem rare at the show because of some bad luck with the machines and rumors starting, but there's actually 1000 of each of them. They tend to become equally valuable from a rarity standpoint after the show, and you're just trading on pins that people like more.

  • Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    D0rkAngl wrote: »
    dchoy wrote: »
    @dchoy I believe those Rainbow Horse are the most sought after of the bunch, so to have 5-6 is not bad as trade materials.

    Technically this is true but behemoth pins don't always hold that value in terms of trades.

    Yeah, the problem is that they seem rare at the show because of some bad luck with the machines and rumors starting, but there's actually 1000 of each of them. They tend to become equally valuable from a rarity standpoint after the show, and you're just trading on pins that people like more.

    Yeah it's kinda weird that there is a "rare" one out of each set but each pin has the same print run so in terms of probability there is not a rare pin for behemoth. Heck I never got a vampiress drop and I poured 100+ into the machines. It's all random I guess when they fill the machines and is pretty much what you said about people just trading for pins they like.

    PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

    Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    dchoy wrote: »
    D0rkAngl wrote: »
    dchoy wrote: »
    @dchoy I believe those Rainbow Horse are the most sought after of the bunch, so to have 5-6 is not bad as trade materials.

    Technically this is true but behemoth pins don't always hold that value in terms of trades.

    Yeah, the problem is that they seem rare at the show because of some bad luck with the machines and rumors starting, but there's actually 1000 of each of them. They tend to become equally valuable from a rarity standpoint after the show, and you're just trading on pins that people like more.

    Yeah it's kinda weird that there is a "rare" one out of each set but each pin has the same print run so in terms of probability there is not a rare pin for behemoth. Heck I never got a vampiress drop and I poured 100+ into the machines. It's all random I guess when they fill the machines and is pretty much what you said about people just trading for pins they like.

    I'll gladly trade you for extras of your Derpicorns.

  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    Hello everyone,

    I am a long time PAX Prime goer. This was my 6th PAX Prime. I wasn't interested in pins in 2013 other than the PAX2013 pin. In 2014, I went on a quest for an AUS Chandra, Hearthstone cards, and Leeroy Jenkins, but most of the other pins didn't interest me. I got two out of three. This year I consider my self a pin collector. My main quest this year was to get back many of pins I got rid of in 2013 as well as my continued search for Leeroy Jenkins. I was pretty successful, but still no Leeroy. However, in my search I was introduced to this great community. Thanks everyone for being to friendly and not laughing too loudly when seeing my sparsely filled Official Pinny Arcade bag. :biggrin:
    This was my 5th Prime.

    In 2013 I didn't care much, just grabbed some pins here and there while at Prime. Actually ended up with some fairy desirable pins without really knowing it. Think I got around 20ish total.

    2014 I cared quite a bit more but didn't want to spend money on it. So I did the best I could without buying pins and really just went for whatever I thought was cool, whether it was from Prime or not. Ended up with about 75% of the pins available at Prime, picked up some Hearthstones, D&D ampersands, AUS Chandra and a misprint Leeroy Jenkins. In fact one of the only things I didn't get was The Order pin, I had 5x and traded them all for the things I thought were cooler. :P Ended up adding a East 14 set and Aus 14 set to the collection. Totaled out 61 unique pins into the collection.

    2015 I cared about pins way more, but still really didn't want to spend much money on it outside of Prime 15 sets and Prime Polygons to trade for East, South and Aus sets and polygons. My goal going into it was just to get all the staff pins, then get the core sets and polygons from all 4 shows... Well... Getting the staff pins was easy and then my inner trader kicked in and by about 1pm on Monday I had all the 2015 Prime pins except for about $100 worth of pay pins... So I went ahead and bought them and 100% it.

    Came home with all the Prime pins and staff pins, a East polygon, a South polygon, 5 spare Prime polygons, 3 spare Prime 15's to hopefully trade straight up for East 15, South and Aus 15, and then 1x spare Gabbie and Tyche.

  • Options
    silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    a misprint Leeroy Jenkins

    Care to share a picture of this misprint Leeroy Jenkins? Quite curious to see this!

    silrn on
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    silrn wrote: »
    a misprint Leeroy Jenkins

    Care to share a picture of this misprint Leeroy Jenkins? Quite curious to see this!
    I'll try to remember when I get home from work today, will edit this post if I do. Was a color mistake with his eyebrow.

    Edit: Here ya go, sorry bout the crap photo. Left eyebrow. Skin colored instead of grey.

    2015-09-07%2019.09.32.jpg

    Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    skellerskeller San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Hi everyone, I've been lurking since Prime ended so I might as well admit I need dem pins. I got into it by accident, just buying the Talent Pipes because I'm a huge Rothfuss fan and then was like... Hey, this thing looks amazing. So I ended up buying the Prime and Portal sets and wish I'd bought more (I did try to get to Bethesda for the Vault Boy on Monday morning but line was capped before I got there). Seems like a fun activity to help add some neat interactions to Pax.

  • Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    skeller wrote: »
    I did try to get to Bethesda for the Vault Boy on Monday morning but line was capped before I got there

    Oh, don't even get me started. I was trying to be sneaky Monday morning and waited downstairs by the elevator until 9:58. Of course, if you weren't in line, they had it all blocked off that day to stop people from doing exactly what I was trying to do. I understand why, etc, but man was I ever frustrated Monday. :hydra:

  • Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    @skeller Talent Pipes are what got me into pinny last Prime~! I resisted in 2013 but...dem pipes. It was a quick descent from there

  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Evenstar wrote: »
    @skeller Talent Pipes are what got me into pinny last Prime~! I resisted in 2013 but...dem pipes. It was a quick descent from there

    How did Prime 13 kitty kemper not get you lured in?

  • Options
    evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Evenstar wrote: »
    @skeller Talent Pipes are what got me into pinny last Prime~! I resisted in 2013 but...dem pipes. It was a quick descent from there

    How did Prime 13 kitty kemper not get you lured in?

    That's what did it for me!

  • Options
    ThurorThuror Registered User regular
    Hi all,

    This is my second PAX Prime and the first where I actually started collecting official Pinny Arcade pins. Found out about this last year when I asked one of the enforcers about the pins that a lot of people were wearing. I would consider myself more of a casual collector as I only pursued the pins which seemed more plausible to get (eg. play for pins, purchases, etc.)

    I do have a couple of questions on pins which I hope you guys can answer:

    Are the Pinny Arcade cardstock that the pins are attached to something that people collect? I took some of the pins out to attach to my lanyard and was wondering if I should keep the cardstock?

    As a beginner, how do I know what pins are "rare"? What is the most common pin out there? I've been looking at the Pinny Pals site and the number of pins seem daunting to me.

    Also, it seems that I can initiate a one to one trade for any pin with staff. How do I tell who is staff? Do the enforcers count as staff?

    Sorry if that seems like a lot, especially if these have been answered. Really want to learn more and be better prepared for the next PAX.

  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    Thuror wrote: »
    Hi all,
    As a beginner, how do I know what pins are "rare"? What is the most common pin out there? I've been looking at the Pinny Pals site and the number of pins seem daunting to me.

    Also, it seems that I can initiate a one to one trade for any pin with staff. How do I tell who is staff? Do the enforcers count as staff?
    1. Many times companies will mention how many of their pins they have to begin with. If it is in the 1,000-1,500 range it is going to be fairly rare. Also if it is something extremely desirable/popular like Leeroy Jenkins was. And when you combine the two... Boom. You got something like this Prime's Vault Boy. Which was limited and popular. Other than that it really depends... The Behemoth unicorn pin was popular this year, but probably just because people thought it was cuter than the other 4 Behemoth pins and it is a random luck drawing for it. The Order pin last year was rare because they gave out very few and seemingly randomly, I thought it was ugly as hell and traded away 5 of them.

    2. Well there faces are on the pin... But seriously, they will often be wearing a PA pin lanyard covered with their staff pins. I noticed this year many of them had their old staff pins on the lanyards and the new pins in bags. You can also find them in certain places through out the day (next to Merchland is common area) and the Staff Pin Trading Panel.

  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Thuror wrote: »
    I do have a couple of questions on pins which I hope you guys can answer:

    Are the Pinny Arcade cardstock that the pins are attached to something that people collect? I took some of the pins out to attach to my lanyard and was wondering if I should keep the cardstock?

    As a beginner, how do I know what pins are "rare"? What is the most common pin out there? I've been looking at the Pinny Pals site and the number of pins seem daunting to me.

    Also, it seems that I can initiate a one to one trade for any pin with staff. How do I tell who is staff? Do the enforcers count as staff?

    Most people seem to not collect the cardstock.

    Far as rarity, without diving in and tracking all the various economics of it, you can try http://pinmash.info/Ratings which attempts to rate the pins based on the communities feedback.

    Staff will also have a purple badge. Enforcers are not staff and wear a black badge, and in general are not supposed to trade while on shift, one notable exception are the Line Entertainment enforcers who have official pins to trade.

    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'd hold onto a couple of card backs just in case someone wants one or for mailing them.

  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Thuror wrote: »
    Hi all,

    This is my second PAX Prime and the first where I actually started collecting official Pinny Arcade pins. Found out about this last year when I asked one of the enforcers about the pins that a lot of people were wearing. I would consider myself more of a casual collector as I only pursued the pins which seemed more plausible to get (eg. play for pins, purchases, etc.)

    I do have a couple of questions on pins which I hope you guys can answer:

    Are the Pinny Arcade cardstock that the pins are attached to something that people collect? I took some of the pins out to attach to my lanyard and was wondering if I should keep the cardstock?

    As a beginner, how do I know what pins are "rare"? What is the most common pin out there? I've been looking at the Pinny Pals site and the number of pins seem daunting to me.

    Also, it seems that I can initiate a one to one trade for any pin with staff. How do I tell who is staff? Do the enforcers count as staff?

    Sorry if that seems like a lot, especially if these have been answered. Really want to learn more and be better prepared for the next PAX.

    First of all, let me reiterate the topic of this thread and bid you welcome!

    1. There are about one out of every twenty-five or so people who genuinely view the cardboard backing as part of the collectible, but the majority of folks don't care. In general, you are good to get rid of them. Personally, I do what @fishfishmonkeyhat does and keep a few extra around in a box in case I do an online trade with someone who places importance on them.

    2. I direct you to This thread that is kind of a catch all for great community tools to help you orient yourself and get your pin game up to the next level(not to be confused with Next Level). A solid tool on there to use as kind of a bellwether to gauge the general community perceived "desirability" of each pin is Pin Mash, which you can see linked about halfway down that thread that I linked. While value of any collectible is variable based on rarity, perceived rarity, cost, demand, popularity, etc etc, this listing can kind of give you a quick indicator if you've got a highly desired pin on your hand. The major drawback is that new pins are added into the mix shortly after they're revealed, so their true popularity has really yet to be determined in the long run.

    3. Don't let the number of pins get you down; it can seem daunting at first, but just find the ones you like and focus on those first. After that, if you feel like you wanna be the very best, like no one ever was, then you can start looking into catching them all!

    4. As far as PA Staff go, you can absolutely initiate any one for one trade with any official Pinny Arcade pin you have for any pin that they are displaying. It's a very fun part of PAX and an excuse for us tocreep on interact with the staff of Penny Arcade! As far as who they are well...it's hard to tell unless you know their faces. Many of them have Twitter accounts and will tweet when they are in a certain part of PAX trading, so you can check them out there. There is also the official pin trading event they have at each PAX where they corral all the staff into one room for a little bit and force them to endure us as a collective to trade for their pins! (SPOILER: This is becoming a very popular event at PAX, and I would arrive earlier than the posted schedule time for this event if it's something you really want to attend). Other ways to kind of learn the PA staff is to check out PATV on the main Penny Arcade site; many of the staff play games on there each week so you can see their faces, their twitter handles and everything so that when you go to your next PAX, you'll be a pro who knows all the big dealers and can approach them with confidence all while saying "I know you and your face! May I please trade for one of your lovely pins please?!" As mentioned earlier, by @Beker enforcers, while great and wonderful beings to their very core and who are serving all us PAX goers by giving up their free time and enjoyment, are not technically PA Staff Members, and therefore would not be doing official trading while rocking their standard issue PAX Armor(enforcer tshirt).

    To wrap it all up...we're a pretty friendly and welcoming community, and we are always happy to see new faces/usernames join us in our little adventures in pin trading/collecting! If you ever have questions about pins, you've come to the right place, and never be afraid to ask! I hope you enjoyed your most recent PAX, and good luck pin hunting at your next one!

  • Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    @Qumaden Actually Kitty Kemper is the pin that got Pinnys on my radar, and I almost pulled the trigger...but I was with my husband who encouraged me to not purchase something "extra". So in a secondary way, it IS the pin that got me into Pinnys :)

    @Thuror Hi! I have been Line Entertainment recently- as @Beker said, we are not staff! But my LE family are the only ones who sometimes trade pins as a part of the job- we are given PA lanyards to use and use the staff trading rules (2 per person per day, and we cannot refuse you a 1-1 trade for something on the lanyard). These are then returned to PA when our shift is over, they do not belong to us! This may not happen every PAX (this Prime, Line Entertainment did not receive any...it made me a sad panda). We should not be trading while in our shirt. When we remove it, we are an attendee like you, then we would love to trade with you from our personal collections!

  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    dchoy wrote: »
    I always feel like such a scrub at the behemoth booth. I usually drop quite a lot. In this case a bit more since I was trying to get pins for my pin group as well. Needless to say I did not get a raccoon (the rare out of the East set). Luckily there was a nice guy there who had an extra and traded me. I still ended up with like 5 Sophia Hex and like 5-6 Rainbow Horse... >.>

    I think I ended up with a raccoon and traded for it at Behemoth. I know that I got my set on the second try, and so I used my last two coins to try to get a pin for someone there from last years east series.

    If so hi! ^_^ :)

  • Options
    skellerskeller San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Quick question: how often have the Double Secret Boxes been on sale in the past? And how quickly do they sell out?

  • Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    They have gone on sale twice previously. Once during the 2014 holiday season, and once just before Prime. The first batch sold out quite quickly iirc (a couple days maybe?). The second batch lasted a few hours after the DSB Merch pin was discovered.

Sign In or Register to comment.