Options

PAX AUS Proxy?

theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
As the title suggests, I'm curious if there is a member of the community that has AUS covered.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png

• Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    As the title suggests, I'm curious if there is a member of the community that has AUS covered.

Doubtful....the shipping alone to the US would probably be a pain in the butt for anybody nice enough and willing to do such a thing.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure it's only me and @Ayefkay going and I think we'll be too busy soz everyone.

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I refuse to live in a fishfish controlled society, I'm also going to Aus!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    misskass wrote: »
    I refuse to live in a fishfish controlled society, I'm also going to Aus!

Every day I remind myself how thankful I am that FishFish is on the other side of the planet.

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    its absolute hell......our television channels all run 24 hour stand-up comedy specials of his terrible jokes.......

Please send help...

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You're all so hurtful!

• Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    i all so will be there i would be willing to buy sets and only sets for people but it would be a shipping nightmere

• Options
    Shipping isn't really a problem as long as the people buying them are willing to pay for it.

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'll be keeping an open mind and see what I can do closer to the time. Shipping is ok I think, a set, a few other pins (up to 500grm), just over AUS$21.10 delivered stateside, Registered or Pack'n'Track (that's Package rate, not letter).

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    pin set was $35aud last year as i said i will do it i will do buy set plus any outer buy sets / pins i would also be happy to add timtams @ request

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    There's always the option of shipping a lot of sets to one person in the US, and they ship to everyone else here... Assuming one person wants to ship to 80 people.

• Options
    Looking at AUS Post's website it looks like Canada&USA have the same rates for pack and ship. 21.10 for under 500grams and 36.70 for under 1kg. I'm ok with this assessment.

• Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    There's always the option of shipping a lot of sets to one person in the US, and they ship to everyone else here... Assuming one person wants to ship to 80 people.

This is a reasonable idea if shipping one large container is cheaper that shipping a ton of small ones (it probably is, but who knows...)

The problem is coordinating postage payments between two people (AUS -> US, then all of the little US->US ones)

• Options
    luckycharmluckycharm Perth, AURegistered User regular
    I can probably do a few, just not a ton of people. When it's closer to time, I can see about the 3rd party pins. The real factor will be having a 3 month old and no strollers allowed! I will have my mom helping but I can imagine the look on her face when I buy over 10 core sets in one day...

• Options
    If anyone is going to proxy, I'm definitely interested in partaking. I can, also, potentially help with reshipping from inside the US if it saves a substantial amount of money for people.

• Options
    Quick reminder for anyone who's missed it, check out the first post here http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/187709/pinny-pal-community-thread-2-0-please-read-the-first-post/p1

Pin Pal Partnerships are a great idea, there's different levels of "pinsanity" and I'm sure some new groups could be formed if there's enough interest.

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Had I actually won the Omegathon (never was going to happen with Katamari in the mix), I would've done this in a heartbeat. "Declare the value of your suitcase: $17,000 of pins".

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't do it generally, but would do it for maybe 1 or 2, the rub is deciding which 1 or 2....I have been on a pinpal LFG for sometime now...
    http://puu.sh/k5eqP/49161f44c3.png

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Squire_Pug wrote: »
    I wouldn't do it generally, but would do it for maybe 1 or 2, the rub is deciding which 1 or 2....I have been on a pinpal LFG for sometime now...
    http://puu.sh/k5eqP/49161f44c3.png

I will send a message to Manic on Facebook. He tends to start to disappear from time to time, but I believe he is done with school and should be good to set up groups. It is definitely a topic that needs to be revisited by the time Aus rolls around.

Update: Message sent!

00Fayt00 on
  • Options
  • Options
    Still waiting on the pin list to see how much assistance I can offer, I hope that is posted soon!

• Options
    SpiralOutElleSpiralOutElle AustrailaRegistered User regular
    luckycharm wrote: »
    Still waiting on the pin list to see how much assistance I can offer, I hope that is posted soon!

Doing the same as this. will be my first time trying to get pins as last year my friends just gave me theirs but i shall be trying my darnedest to be getting some if not all of them :D

• Options
    HijumpHijump Registered User regular
    @Luckycharm and @SpiralOutElle Thank you both for offering to do so. You da real MVPs!

• Options
    Hijump wrote: »
    @Luckycharm and @SpiralOutElle Thank you both for offering to do so. You da real MVPs!

agreed 1000% <3

• Options
    HoHumtheBumHoHumtheBum CARegistered User regular
    I'm also looking for an Aus proxy or to form up a pin pal partnership. I sent a message to Manic2k to be put on the list but it doesn't seem like he's active.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

• Options
    I'm also looking for an Aus proxy or to form up a pin pal partnership. I sent a message to Manic2k to be put on the list but it doesn't seem like he's active.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Yeah, ditto on the Manic2k message (and everything else).

• Options
    Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hit me up with a PM and I'll do a partnership with one person to acquire AUS pins, first PM in by Timestamp wins.

• Options
    OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    If no one wants to do a straight up proxy, I would be happy to trade past or future South pins. Hauling two kids around it would be hard for me to do a pin group and get 3 sets as my time is not my time, but 1 set is probably doable.

Edit: To clarify, I am in Texas, looking for an Aus set :-)

OpSteel on
  • Options
    OpSteel wrote: »
    If no one wants to do a straight up proxy, I would be happy to trade past or future South pins. Hauling two kids around it would be hard for me to do a pin group and get 3 sets as my time is not my time, but 1 set is probably doable.

Yes great idea, set for set etc. has worked well in the past for myself as well.

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm in the same boat as OpSteel - I have spare sets from the last few US PAXen (except East 15). Check out my lanyard if you will be at AUS and we can set up a trade!

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I will likely have multiple spare core and polygon sets after Pax Aus. Check with me after. Im happy to trade core sets for core sets and polygons for polygons. Im also happy for fodder.

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I intend to get multiple Aus 15 sets and polygons (at least 4) so I can swap for other Pax sets. Watch this space early November. :P

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I shall keep an eye on this space! At the very least, I know I will need a Kemper from the show set, so if anyone splits up a set to trade, please keep me in mind for the Kemper! My lanyard is up to date if you want to check for a trade!

• Options
    Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I know it's a long shot, but if anyone will still have an AUS set after South 2016 I'll be game for a trade then!

• Options
    HijumpHijump Registered User regular
    @Vonhist I know I will be hitting you up for those trades :D

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Okay- now that the list has been posted and talking to my other half, I will volunteer to be the Australia's Pin Proxy for those who do not have a pin group. I am guessing the pins below and the core set will be the ones for purchase. I am not taking orders for Limited Edition Pins (Pollys) since I cannot get one for everyone. I don't see the prices up yet, so something to calculate later.

Aus Core Set 2015
    Death Squared Red & Blue Pins (2 pins) [SMG Studio] -Available at The SMG Studio Booth in PAX Rising
    Screencheat Logo Pin [Samurai Punk] - Available at the Samurai Punk Booth in PAX Rising
    Medius the Cannibal [Tin Man Games] - Available at the Tin Man Games Booth in PAX Rising

If you are looking for me to buy pins for you, send me a private message with your order and I'll start a list. You don't have to send money right now. Final call for orders will be Wed 27th.

luckycharm on
  • Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I know it's a long shot, but if anyone will still have an AUS set after South 2016 I'll be game for a trade then!

I'll be keeping an AUS set for that specific purpose (getting Pax South 2016 pins)

• Options
    Just a reminder that I am still taking orders, no money needed just yet, I'm waiting on the prices to be announced. Keep them coming =)

• Options
    Okay: Here we go. If anyone can see problems or has questions, Please ask.
    Below is a message I've sent to the people who have already ordered. I've added more info for those who are still on the fence.

-Thank you BrushwoodMutt for chasing the 3rd party costs down!
    -If you ordered pins that give codes for free games and discounts, you will receive those as well.
    -I will be including patches, lanyards and other small things in your packages that will fit and not add too much weight.
    -I am not dealing with conversion, but have adjusted the prices to compensate to more similar PAX prices. The prices below are in US dollars.
    -3rd Party pins, I'll drop the price of Samurai Punk and Tin Man Games to 15 each, to make it similar to other PAX 3rd party pins.
    -IF the core set is 35, I will drop that price to 30 US dollars, the same as the other PAX core sets.
    -This will still offset the cost of shipping, so no extra money needed.
    -Orders due Wednesday 28th.
    -Money is due by November 6th, I'm funding the pin buys out of my pocket. All boxes will be shipped by November 7th. Give 2 Weeks or so for travel. No tracking available.
    -Money will be transferred to me by way of Google Wallet. https://www.google.com/wallet/ Send the funds to AnastasiaCooper14@gmail.com

So this is where we currently stand:
    Aus Core Set 2015- ?? $30
    Death Squared Red & Blue Pins (2 pins) [SMG Studio] - $10
    Screencheat Logo Pin [Samurai Punk] - $15
    Medius the Cannibal [Tin Man Games] - $15

I hope this makes sense!

• Options
    I thought we couldn't use google wallet in Australia?