As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cannot remember the name of an Unreal Tournament '99 CTF Map

MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
Alright, so, there is this one map that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of, and it's irritating the hell out of me, because I loved that map dearly.

It was an asymmetrical map, fairly large, with both bases on either end a forested canyon with dark grey/black rock walls, with a 'hill' in the middle. The red base was more like a bunker, while the blue base was mostly above ground.

I want to say it had some kind of pretentious name (think The Last Command in the vanilla game), but I can't say for certain.

• Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    Have you checked the list here to see if one sparks a memory:
    http://unreal.wikia.com/wiki/Category:UT99_maps

I played a lot of UT in college, but I don't have a great recall of most individual maps.

• Options
    It definitely wasn't any of those, those are just the vanilla ones. Trust me, I reinstalled UT99 and checked every last CTF map. It had to have been something done by someone else.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    ...it isn't on Mapraider. Damn, that's like the last functional early Unreal engine game map site that's still functional.

I downloaded Disposable Heroes but it's waaay too wintery. It was green, lush, and narrow as I recall.

EDIT: If it helps I remember it being dimly lit, with a starry skybox.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    You sure this is UT99 map and not a UT2k4 map?

How about CTF River's Bend?

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    I am 100% sure this is a UT99 map, since I played it with a UT99 mod. My sister also remembers it.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    This is entirely unhelpful, but: I had an immediate though that went "yeah, I remember that map", so you're not wrong in thinking that it was an old (it, UT99) map. The entirely unhelpful bit is that I don't remember anything specific, including the name.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.