Options

New 360 BC update! Phantom Dust! PDO, JSRF!

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Anybody know a cheap place to pick up a Japanese copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta? Play-Asia has it for $60, but for that price, I might as well just pick up an original XBox console.

Then again, my Japanese XBox 360 broke this week so for all I know, they'll end up replacing it with a US console.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    D00M wrote: »
    Jelloblimp wrote: »
    Guilty Gear Isuka
    KoF: Neowave
    Soul Caliber
    Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

Does this also apply to pal-versions aswell?
    I don't think they've got round to the PAL servers yet, As I've just tried Soul Caliber 2 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein and no go...
    Well poo.

Do the NA-updates come over to pal-region eventually?

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guilty Gear Isuka but not X2? THIS IS NOT RATIONAL

BiggNife on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    jsrf and orta

woo

Ranced on
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    BiggNife wrote: »
    Guilty Gear Isuka but not X2? THIS IS DELICIOUS

THIS IS CAKE TOWN

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TripKMA wrote: »
    From Gamefaqs:

Works

Star Wars: Republic Commando
    PDO
    Mercenaries
    Mech Warrior 2
    Jet set Radio Future
    Phantom Dust
    Ultra Busta Move
    MechAssault2
    Castle Wolfenstein
    Dai Senryaku
    Oddworld Munch's Odysee
    Star Wars Republic Commando
    King of Fighters NEOWAVE
    Spider-Man 2

Please tell me that includes the dumb Sega GT/JSRF disc

Skelly B on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Skelly B wrote: »
    From Gamefaqs:

Works

PDO
    Mercenaries
    Mech Warrior 2
    Jet set Radio Future
    Phantom Dust
    Ultra Busta Move
    MechAssault2
    Castle Wolfenstein
    Dai Senryaku
    Oddworld Munch's Odysee
    King of Fighters NEOWAVE
    Spider-Man 2

Please tell me that includes the dumb Sega GT/JSRF disc

Apparently not, but you can find a stand-alone disc for $5 or less.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    george-x wrote: »
    george-x wrote: »
    Do you guys somehow magically transfer your Xbox 1 saves to your 360? Cause basically any game on the compat list is useless to me unless I want to start from scratch....

So start from scratch. Consider it replayability.

My gigantic backlog list and current on-hold purchases make this a undesirable option. I'd love to finish Jet Set Radio upscaled - does anybody know of any gamesave transfer utility or work-around from the xbox to the 360?

And I don't mean http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10383/Xbox-360-Transfer-Kit-Update/

Edit: The intertubes are telling me the actual game saves are different formats? They shouldn't have painted themselves into a corner. It's just a mild inconvenience, but still.

Asuuming that the XBL rare cards in phantom dust are on your save file, not your account then it's a lot more than a mild inconvenience. 30 wins per rare card? bargh.

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Good to see MS doing stuff.

Just get Stranger's Wraith on there and I'm good.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    StriderEdgeStriderEdge Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    We should have a Phantom Dust game on. That is of course after about a week or so that way I can get my Arsenals built up on my 360.

I'm gonna buy another copy of Phantom Dust now so I can lan my Xbox and 360. It will be glorious... wait I wonder if I can lan trade skills?

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    do 360s use the same AV cables as the orignal Xboxen?

Evander on
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    mausmalone wrote: »
    BiggNife wrote: »
    Guilty Gear Isuka but not X2? THIS IS DELICIOUS

THIS IS CAKE TOWN

Isuka is not delicious. It is merely okay.

BiggNife on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2007
    Evander wrote: »
    nope, different prop. plug.

But considering the 360 premium comes with both composite AND component in the box, it shouldn't matter too much.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Evander wrote: »

No.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Porphyria PlanPorphyria Plan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    When there is a Phantom Dust game on we can posssibly get some duped credits and skills from the xboxphreaker.com group to bring people back up to speed. Although, last time I checked, many months ago, the forums had descended into a mess of imaturity. I hate to say it though. Phreaker was such a nice guy.

Porphyria Plan on
  • Options
    StriderEdgeStriderEdge Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    When there is a Phantom Dust game on we can posssibly get some duped credits and skills from the xboxphreaker.com group to bring people back up to speed. Although, last time I checked, many months ago, the forums had descended into a mess of imaturity. I hate to say it though. Phreaker was such a nice guy.

Thats disapointing. I was never a contributer to the site in anyway but I always remembered it having lots of PD information and help.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh my god.

Of all my Xbox 1 games I only saved Phantom Dust for this exact day. I can die happy.

WOOO!! More noobs to beat up, am I right fellow PD master of disaster? Time to start cloning my complete collection of Rares eh? I used to kick it at Phreakers alot, but it really became a kiddie social hangout in the last few years so I bailed. You can probably still find my Phantom Dust raps and artwork around there.

This is the best update thus far- Breakdown also rules asses. Punching guys in FPS and throwing fireballs is awesome.

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I won't care until they put Morrowind or the GotY version on there.

No doubt. What's with the hold up on that, anyway? It seems ridiculously popular.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just want Riddick and Stranger's Wrath...is that asking so much?

And isn't this the second update since they said BC wasn't going to be as big a priority?

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Its not going to be as big a priority at the end of the year. They are still working on it this year. Hopefully, they will get the last few big titles before the end of the year.

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Mmm Phantom Dust. You know I'm down.

Renzo on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Mercenaries.

Finally.

I just sold my PS2 copy a few weeks ago because I just couldn't play the game at 15fps.
    Everyone I asked told me the xbox version runs silky smooth.
    I'll finally have fun playing the game!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh god. my fighter. hadokens of death. and watching them super jump, and you hadoken them off a sidways skyscraper and they get all pissed. Not to mention they also forgot a skill?

Or you just hadoken them over and over and they keep on trippin. Or make a homing laser build and artilery them to death.

And oh god that shot that went through walls. mwhaaha.

Or telling everyone to jump before using earthquake.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ArugulaZArugulaZ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    So how is Phantom Dust? it never got a UK release. Worth importing?

edit: BG&E and Panzer Dragoon Orta are the biggest omission left now then right?

Well, that and the Capcom fighting games. C'mon Microsoft, you included King of Boredom: NeoWave but not Capcom vs. SNK 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom 2?! What's going on in that tiny collective brain of yours?!

Er, anyway. Phantom Dust is pretty sweet. Imagine a hybrid of Power Stone and collectible card battle games and you'd be on the right track. You pick a handful of attack orbs to take with you in battle, then race around a gigantic stage, collecting the orbs you've chosen while dodging your opponent's strikes.

The graphics are gorgeous, in a desolate, post-apocalyptic way. Everything's brown and grey, but this is one of those games where the muted color schemes actually WORKS. You fight on partially disintegrated freeway ramps, decayed buildings, and inside of run-down shopping malls. Nearly everything in the game breaks, from the ground you're standing on to bridges and staircases, and if you can catch your foe under a structure, you can break it and do heavy damage from the resulting rain of concrete. Mmm, satisfying!

So yeah, I'm definitely excited about the game being playable on the Xbox 360. The only thing I DON'T like is the thought of having to wade through the tutorial mode all over again. My kingdom for a way to transfer Xbox game saves to the 360!

ArugulaZ on
    JR

Same old site, great new look! Check out The Gameroom Blitz at:
    http://www.lakupo.com/grblitz
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    hmm, I may have to import it then, anyone know somewhere I can get it on the cheap, that deliver to the UK?

LewieP on
  • Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Everyone thinking about importing Phontom Dust to PAL land - forget it. I tried it and just get the error message "The region code does not match the region code of your console." while starting the game (PAL XBox 360) [sarcasm] Apparently lots of people are still making money of this game [/sarcasm]. Man, I was so looking forward to play this gem.

edit: Why does Microsoft keep raping me? No Ninja Turtles for german people (even if you are 18 or older). No Gears map pack unless you create a fake account. No region free emulation of XBox games. Pfff.

Dratatoo on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No Beyond Good and Evil or Baldurs Gate: DA.

But, I gots my Spider-man 2. We're getting there, piece by piece.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dratatoo wrote: »
    Everyone thinking about importing Phontom Dust to PAL land - forget it. I tried it and just get the error message "The region code does not match the region code of your console." while starting the game (PAL XBox 360) [sarcasm] Apparently lots of people are still making money of this game [/sarcasm]. Man, I was so looking forward to play this gem.

there are ways of playing any region Xbox game on an origonal Xbox.

LewieP on
  • Options
    ArugulaZArugulaZ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've got that Xbox game transfer kit, but the Xbox is phenomenally picky about what game saves can and can't be copied. Frustrating! I'm going to give it another shot, because I'll be spammed if I'm going to start Phantom Dust from the very beginning. I'd do that for an action game like Mercenaries (I only have the PS2 version and I'm eager to make the move to the Xbox release) but there's just too much footwork involved in a game like Phantom Dust. The tutorial mode alone literally takes HOURS to finish.

ArugulaZ on
    JR

Same old site, great new look! Check out The Gameroom Blitz at:
    http://www.lakupo.com/grblitz
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Never played Mercenaries. I get that it's apparently worth picking up, but can anyone give me a bit more of an in depth reason as to why it's that worth picking up? :)

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ArugulaZ wrote: »
    I've got that Xbox game transfer kit, but the Xbox is phenomenally picky about what game saves can and can't be copied. Frustrating! I'm going to give it another shot, because I'll be spammed if I'm going to start Phantom Dust from the very beginning. I'd do that for an action game like Mercenaries (I only have the PS2 version and I'm eager to make the move to the Xbox release) but there's just too much footwork involved in a game like Phantom Dust. The tutorial mode alone literally takes HOURS to finish.

http://xboxphreaker.com/missionlist.htm

If you are worried about the issue of who to talk to next, use the guide. I have almost beaten the game 10 times, I must be the only person who actually enjoys single player Phantom Dust though.

Porphyria Plan on
  • Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just want to enjoy the game in its 720p glory. Personally, I feel like second class citizen in the XBox 360 world.

Dratatoo on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cowbomb wrote: »
    From Gamefaqs:

Works

PDO
    Mercenaries
    Mech Warrior 2
    Jet set Radio Future
    Phantom Dust
    Ultra Busta Move
    MechAssault2
    Castle Wolfenstein
    Dai Senryaku
    Oddworld Munch's Odysee
    King of Fighters NEOWAVE
    Spider-Man 2

YES YES YES YES YES!

SO YES!! I am buying that game RIGHT NOW. I've been waiting for JSRF to be added ever since I got my 360...today is a good day.8-)

Scotty on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Aoi wrote: »
    Never played Mercenaries. I get that it's apparently worth picking up, but can anyone give me a bit more of an in depth reason as to why it's that worth picking up? :)

Let me fram something for you.

You have to take out a target right.

You can.

*Snipe him from the top of a crane 400 yards away
    *Come in with a helicopter- have your gunners take out his guards-and haul his ass away(alive gets you more money)
    *Or you can order in an airstrike and destroy(LITERALLY FUCKING DEMOLISH) his compound

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It says (update) instead of (new) next to soul calibur 2. What did they change?

Oh my god guys this is the best thing to happen to my 360 since SOTN. Wheeeeeee!

Sci-Fi Wasabi on
    sci+fi+wasabi.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    arod_77 wrote: »
    Aoi wrote: »

Let me fram something for you.

You have to take out a target right.

You can.

*Snipe him from the top of a crane 400 yards away
    *Come in with a helicopter- have your gunners take out his guards-and haul his ass away(alive gets you more money)
    *Or you can order in an airstrike and destroy(LITERALLY FUCKING DEMOLISH) his compound

:twisted: Sounds great. SOLD

I already have a few games on the list released today, now I just need to decide between Phantom Dust, Unreal Championship 2, Wolfenstein (the online play was just so damned good), and Battlefield 2142...

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Skip Unreal 2 in my opinion. It's ok but not great or different.

Get hooked on the Dust!

Porphyria Plan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Skip Unreal 2 in my opinion. It's ok but not great or different.

Get hooked on the Dust!

Hehe, Phantom Dust is pretty much a given. Unreal Championship 2 is considered because there's a nice group of Arcadians wanting to get down and dirty with it (and it's like under $5). I'm probably skipping Wolfenstein right now to be honest. Love the game, great multiplayer, but the community is dead....

IT MUST BE REBUILT!

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Scotty wrote: »
    Cowbomb wrote: »
    From Gamefaqs:

Works

PDO
    Mercenaries
    Mech Warrior 2
    Jet set Radio Future
    Phantom Dust
    Ultra Busta Move
    MechAssault2
    Castle Wolfenstein
    Dai Senryaku
    Oddworld Munch's Odysee
    King of Fighters NEOWAVE
    Spider-Man 2

YES YES YES YES YES!

SO YES!! I am buying that game RIGHT NOW. I've been waiting for JSRF to be added ever since I got my 360...today is a good day.8-)

Make sure you get the stand-alone disc. The bundle disc apparently doesn't work.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    wakeboarderbluntwakeboarderblunt Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Definitly helps, but still have about 20 or so that aren't BC including:

Colin Mcrae Rally 2005
    Enter the Matrix
    ESPN football 2k4
    Farcry: Instincts
    Indiana Jones: The Emperors Tomb
    James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing