As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emergency Steam Thread

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Without the flash sales, I wonder if they're gonna offer anything as a "reward" to get people playing the minigames other than just cards.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Why would they? There were no rewards besides the cards before, either.
    Well except when they did the coal thing, and the summer...ticket...thing? And that was years ago

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    EDIT: Oops, misread the post. Here, have some cross-posted deals:
    Iolo wrote: »
    Newegg is selling a bunch of PC game keys. There's a pretty good selection (way beyond what I've listed). Many of these have been on sale a lot before, but there are some very good prices and, with the promo code EMCKKNT58 knocking off an additional 15%, some of these games are hitting record lows. For example:

Singularity for $6.38 (really good corridor shooter with accumulating time bending powers)
    Borderlands 2 for $4.25 (!!!)
    Borderlands 2 GOTY for $8.50 (lowest price yet, and the cheapest way to pick up all the DLC if you have the base game)
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for $17
    Borderlands TPS Doppleganger for $2.89 (fantastic character class)
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for $3.19 (so, so good)
    South Park: Stick of Truth for $6.375

NOTE: If you want the game on Steam, double check that you are getting Steam and not UPlay. All the Far Cry games, for example, are being sold on UPlay. All the ones I've listed are showing as Steam.

EDIT:

And don't miss Nuuvem's Black Friday sale. You have to do a currency conversion to figure out the prices, but there are some fantastic deals to be had, such as:

Mad Max for $15.95
    Pillars of Eternity for $11.96
    Armello for $10.63

Witcher 3 is $17.28, but it's a GoG download if that matters (which it might to those of your reading this in the Steam thread. <3)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    There were collective rewards in the form of extra flash sales you could choose between - they weren't ever in question and everybody knew they'd come up by the end of the sale anyway, but it created enough of the illusion of a reason to play the mini games.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Ah right!
    That was mainly a way to regulate the badge-drop economy though, I think.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Grow Home is really, really good. The best platformer I've played in years. Also, despite being published by Ubisoft, it doesn't require UPlay.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    GMG is having a flash sale on Transformers Devastation (the one by Platinum)
    There's also a 10% off coupon that works with it:
    SAVE10-WTHGMG-GTBFCM

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Hey this is pretty last year but Transistor is great! I bought it during the summer and only got around to installing today.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Grow Home is really, really good. The best platformer I've played in years. Also, despite being published by Ubisoft, it doesn't require UPlay.

what

I mean, I like the game (it's adorable!), but...

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say. That it isn't a platformer? That it isn't amazing?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Peewi wrote: »
    GMG is having a flash sale on Transformers Devastation (the one by Platinum)
    There's also a 10% off coupon that works with it:
    SAVE10-WTHGMG-GTBFCM

Wow, holy shit.

That's such a low price that the 10% off coupon only saved me a little under 2 bucks. Insanely good deal.

EDIT: Authorized distributor though; so they didn't get the key from the publisher, so be aware if that's not something you're down with.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Since this is technically sale related, I'm gonna post this question in here, for @vsove

Why does Bioware DLC never seem to go on sale? Origin occasionally does some pretty good deals for games in the Mass Effect/Dragon Age series', but their respective DLC always seems to stay the same price, occasionally being more expensive than the base game. Is that an active decision, or just something that has to exist for X reason?

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Been in a very specific mood for stories, and ended up browsing through Steam's Cyberpunk tag.

The Bad: Read Only Memories isn't on sale, still considering buying it
    The Good: Satellite Reign is on a bigger discount than I expected, also I totally forgot Wadjet Eye made a Cyberpunk adventure game that I might need to check out

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Gemini Rue is really good and only has one or two really obtuse adventure game puzzles.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Satellite Reign is pretty cool, I had a good time with it.

My biggest piece of advice is that you don't need to do every sidequest in an area before you move on.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I should probably finally get around to upgrading my Dark Souls 2 to Scholar of the First Sin

It annoyed me in previous sales that it was cheaper to buy it new than to upgrade it, fortunately not the case for this one

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Gemini Rue is really good and only has one or two really obtuse adventure game puzzles.

Oh, yeah actually I wasn't even talking about Gemini Rue, I was talking about Technobabylon

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Pilars of Eternity is a lot of fun once I realized important positioning and CC are. It's been a long, long time since I've played a CRPG, and I was kind of crap at them back then anways, so I'm learning everything from scratch. Still having a bit of choice overload come every level up, but samrt ass, stabby DPS rogue is working out so far.

And I'm still early but I really like how the story is going so far. Usually I ignore the lore in games like these because it's all fantasy name word soup, but here I find myself getting really caught up in the background stories and history of everything and how it relates to the main quest.

I know the DLC is set during the story instead of being it's own seperate thing; is it worth it to get it now or should I just finish the main story once and wait for it to go on sale?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I should probably finally get around to upgrading my Dark Souls 2 to Scholar of the First Sin

It annoyed me in previous sales that it was cheaper to buy it new than to upgrade it, fortunately not the case for this one

I'm generally not a fan of this style of upgrade, but 90% off is making me strongly consider getting it.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

I'm generally not a fan of this style of upgrade, but 90% off is making me strongly consider getting it.

90? I'm only seeing 50. Maybe because I only have the base game and none of the dlc

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

90? I'm only seeing 50. Maybe because I only have the base game and none of the dlc

yeah the upgrade is increased for each dlc you have

with the full set of dlc you're basically paying $5 for a dx11 version

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Has anyone gotten Transformers Devastation on PC? I was thinking of getting it on that GMG sale and can only find minimum specs for it online, I don't wanna run this unless I can get a high frame rate.

I'm not at my comp but I have an Intel i5 (sandy bridge, don't remember the specific model), a Radeon HD7970 and 8 gigs of ram. I know this wasn't the biggest budget game but at the same time my machine is starting to be the be the poster boy for min spec for current games.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Scholar of the First Sin is really, really good. All the enemy layout changes they made makes it a lot more than just an H-er D package of all the DLC. Plus some of that DLC is, quality-wise, up there with Artorias.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Fairly certain the new enemy placements were added to the base game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

yeah the upgrade is increased for each dlc you have

with the full set of dlc you're basically paying $5 for a dx11 version

I did not realize that. Yeah, I have all the DLC, although I haven't played it.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

nope. i can confirm they were not.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

What do you mean? There was a patch for "regular" Dark Souls 2 released alongside Scholar of the First Sin, but it didn't include the new enemy placements

SotFS also came with some changes to the DLC areas, mostly minor ones like AI tweaks

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Heavy Rain had some pretty evocative scenes
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten Transformers Devastation on PC? I was thinking of getting it on that GMG sale and can only find minimum specs for it online, I don't wanna run this unless I can get a high frame rate.

I'm not at my comp but I have an Intel i5 (sandy bridge, don't remember the specific model), a Radeon HD7970 and 8 gigs of ram. I know this wasn't the biggest budget game but at the same time my machine is starting to be the be the poster boy for min spec for current games.
    @Lasbrook

Amazon is having a sale on Crucial RAM if you want to grab some more.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I can't imagine Devastation would be much more demanding than Revengeance.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for the help but it seems I took too long deliberating and missed the end of the sale. I'd be bummed but I'm waiting for my new surge protector to come in next week before I hook my PC back up anyways

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    I can't imagine Devastation would be much more demanding than Revengeance.

isn't it a completely different engine

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Does anyone here have the steam controller and/or link?

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    so after going through the stuff in the Underdark in BG2
    fuck mind flayers

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    so after going stuff in the Underdark in BG2
    fuck mind flayers

Gotta love them, about the only thing more hated in DnD was , crap, which monster could outright drain your levels, was it Wraiths?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    fuck mind flayers

Gotta love them, about the only thing more hated in DnD was , crap, which monster could outright drain your levels, was it Wraiths?

Ghast? I'm going by Order of the Stick so...

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    fuck mind flayers

Ghast? I'm going by Order of the Stick so...

Oddly enough, I think that might be it either way

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    MORE DEALS

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is free right now (until Sunday) from the Squeenix store, gives you a Steam key. Use the offer code FreeSilentAssassin.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Does anyone here have the steam controller and/or link?

I have the link

This discussion has been closed.