Options

[Transformers: Devastation] - Til All Are One! Out now!

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Hahahahaha, that fucking chapter 1 boss. This is gonna be MGR with Transformers isn't it?

I think so. I'm more excited about the types of boss battles than I was before. Especially the Chapter 4 achievement.

Not to mention the achievement art...I need those for wallpapers.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    8 days until:

med_App_2015-07-24_14-43-39-90_1439310957_zps4jss52cf.jpg

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "The Touch" Goes With Everything

• Options
    It was the original Guile's Song.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Not playing this until I can kill Prime with Megatron. Again.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Played all of War For and Fall of Cybertron over the weekend and am watching all of TFP this week in preparation.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    Played all of War For and Fall of Cyberstron over the weekend and am watching all of TFP this week in preparation.

I'm gonna watch the shitty live action movies to enhance my appreciation of this game.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Grove wrote: »
    Achievement list released. Here's a link for those interested.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/transformers-devastation-xbox-one/achievements/
    Looks like 7 story chapters total. At least one boss per level, maybe more given the boss bio videos, or maybe they're part of the 50 challenge mode levels. Lots of performance achievements based on minimum difficulty as well as no damage achievements.

If this does play out like MGR this information really backs up my feeling this is gonna have a 6-8 hour single playthrough length. If anyone hasn't played MGR before (AND IF YOU HAVEN'T YOU SHOULD FIX THAT), the levels are actually pretty fucking meaty with plenty of badass set pieces (and REALLY good music) and the game is super replayable with tons of extra shit to do like the unlockable character specific side missions for Jetstream Sam and Blade Wolf, all the stuff to unlock, the VR missions, and of course just doing the higher difficulties. On the top end difficulty the spawns all change and the enemies are a lot more aggressive so yeah, LOTS of stuff to do. Don't let the story mode play length throw you off unless you're the sort that only ever plays a game's story once and then never touches anything else in it.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Played all of War For and Fall of Cyberstron over the weekend and am watching all of TFP this week in preparation.

I'm gonna watch the shitty live action movies to enhance my appreciation of this game.

D: Don't do it! Nothing is worth that!

Also the achievement icons show that we're getting a classic G1 looking Megatron that turns into a tank.

Neat.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Oh come on, the first isn't so bad.

This and Uncharted collection is going to make for a very busy October.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    I do love the Starscream attack sequence from the first movie. That shot of him lighting up Ironhide and Ratchet then taking off was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6N8ETZRV0I

The second one was just terrible. I think I only like one shot from that entire film. 3 and 4 I saw but barely remember anything at all.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Just six days left!

Still a disturbing lack of media and/or previews, but I found a youtuber who played a bit of it. Nothing really new here, but it's nice to see multiple bosses per level and a sneak peek at the second level.

The guy is terrible at the game...which is pretty funny to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-IFJdl53b4

Grove on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Getting nervous at the lack of -- anything on this game. Activision's the type that completely cuts out the enthusiast media when they have a turd on their hands.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Getting nervous at the lack of -- anything on this game. Activision's the type that completely cuts out the enthusiast media when they have a turd on their hands.

I feel the same way...except it doesn't look like a turd, you know? And there have been no complaints from people who get hands on with it. In fact, there's been almost universal praise.

So yeah, I don't know what to think. Everything I see and hear about it seems great. There's just not as much as I would want...maybe? I don't know, but I'm still pumped.

• Options
    Korra looked great right before release too, if I'm remembering right.

Did any of the sites pick up the latest Devastation videos? Maybe it's just a matter of the sites devoting too many of their resources into whatever that one vendor from Destiny is selling this week? I dunno.

• Options
    Well like I said. This is totally Activisions Legend of Korra by Platinum, except its Activisions Transformers by Platinum.

I'm sure it had next to no budget and Platinum just did the best with what they could.

The last Transformers game that came out was some kind of horrible hodge-podge that tried to connect the two Cybertron games to the Fourth film it was a shallow game that existed for no real reason other than sad film marketing and it bombed in reviews and sales.

I'm sure Hasbro and Activision expect even less from this title with no perceived media to capitalize off of.

• Options
    Found a better gameplay video with some Grimlock vs Soundwave action in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWkm-3nQxLA

• Options
    That was an amazing video.

I don't know, this doesn't feel like Korra. This feels like it'll be a good game, even if it's on the shorter side.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

You should see my calendar for 'games I want to play' in Oct. It's insanity.

EDIT - i.imgur.com/gtkt6Uf.jpg

Riiiiidiculous.

vamen on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Activision doesn't hype anything that doesn't have the words Call, Of, and Duty in the title.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

Riiiiidiculous.

Where do you have to go back to? The Island?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »

Riiiiidiculous.

Where do you have to go back to? The Island?

The future!
    But the island is a good second guess.

vamen on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    That was an amazing video.

I don't know, this doesn't feel like Korra. This feels like it'll be a good game, even if it's on the shorter side.

Yeah, this looks nothing like Korra. It's blatantly obvious this game wasn't some half-funded budget title just off the fact that the backgrounds aren't just textured box hallways. Hell, the game having all those OG voice actors coming back is another big sign that there's really no reason to assume this is crap. Throw in all the content, multiple playable characters, etc. etc. and it's all a great sign that this is pretty much MGR tier. I have no idea where @Viskod is getting these impressions from.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    I don't think there's going to be that much content when it's all said and done.

Also I just don't want to get my hopes up.

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than let down.

• Options
  • Options
    And a new interview I hadn't seen before. Nothing really new, but the interviewer asks some very specific questions I haven't heard answered before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDLQ5MsBXo

• Options
    I know we got a beryllium baloney and cesium salami exchange in Cybertron, but I hope Grimlocks old VA throws out a cesium salami at some point.

• Options
    I don't think I ever realized how massive the Insecticons were. Granted I haven't rewatched the show in a decade.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    They aren't that big normally. I'm going to guess they've been enhanced somehow.

Viskod on
  • Options
    They aren't that big normally. I'm going to guess they've been enhanced somehow.

I think there was one episode where they ate some energy source that (temporarily) embiggened them.

• Options
    Ah yes, Jebediagon.

• Options
    Well I got a paycheck in today and decided to finally pull the trigger and pre order this on Steam. Time to roll out!

• Options
    Nothing would make me happier than if right before the final battle with Megatron starts, Prime asks him "Why? Why all of this Devastation?" and he only replies.

"Energon, son."

• Options
    Oh no, someone is accidentally promoting Transformers Devastation with a fan-made trailer featuring Nothing's Gonna Stand In Our Way from the animated film. Better let Activision know so they can keep any word of the game from getting out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXEZkLvZFY0

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    do we know if you have to play certain characters on each level.
    Or can i just play as Sideswipe and Wheeljack the entire game, they are my favourite bots afterall.

• Options
    You pick who you want to play as. The Character Select screen is where all of the close ups of each of the playable autobots in that fan made trailer comes from when it singles them out and shows their name next to them.

I'm sure in between each Chapter you go back to an Ark based menu where you and configure your weapons and equipment and pick who you want to play each chapter as.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    You pick who you want to play as. The Character Select screen is where all of the close ups of each of the playable autobots in that fan made trailer comes from when it singles them out and shows their name next to them.

I'm sure in between each Chapter you go back to an Ark based menu where you and configure your weapons and equipment and pick who you want to play each chapter as.

Fantastic!!!

• Options
    During the intro level, the game changes who you play a few times, the first time through. After that you can pick whoever you want.

• Options
    Oh no, someone is accidentally promoting Transformers Devastation with a fan-made trailer featuring Nothing's Gonna Stand In Our Way from the animated film. Better let Activision know so they can keep any word of the game from getting out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXEZkLvZFY0

Oh the 80's...how I miss you/wish I had been older than 5 when you ended. You were amazing.

• Options
    I suppose I should be evil and mention there's a new toy version of Devastator out that's fucking awesome.
    Also awesomely expensive at $150. But lemme tell you that's close to the best $150 I've ever spent.