"Welcome to the Super Mario thread! Woo-hoo!"
This is your one-stop shop for all the PA forum levels you can shake a stick at. We can also use this thread to discuss older non-offshoot Mario titles.
If you'd like to view other people's levels, you can either manually add in each code as they get posted or enter one code and add that person as a favorite. Once you've got someone on your favorite list, you can just click on their name and pull up all their levels. To make this process a little easier, below is a list of names of PA people with at least one level they've created. Punch in the code and favorite them! If you'd like to get added to the list, simply PM me or @ notify me in your post.Levels submitted by a PA people
ADD YOUR SUPER MARIO MAKER CODES FOR OTHER PA FOLKS TO PLAY!
ecco the dolphin: C2B0-0000-0038-BE3D
Bobkins Flymo: 9F6D-0000-0039-5320
Professor Snugglesworth: 3076-0000-0039-E884
The Sauce: D070-0000-003A-608D
The Sneak!: 1F5C-0000-0027-1961
Brainiac 8: FEF0-0000-0031-BE7C
Tim is on the Internet: 3795-0000-003E-AE05
Gennenalyse Rueben: 8EC8-0000-003B-DF9F
Zombie Hero: 1DC6-0000-003F-23CC
King Riptor: 2BD2-0000-0042-2064
MNC Dover: 4E30-0000-0044-EDBA
Jam Warrior 0560-000-0047-C6F7
We've got a google doc of backlogged levels by PA users. The thread can move fast, so check here for level updates in case you've missed any posts.Upload your code here!View the list of codes here!
SUPER MARIO MAKER CHALLENGE #8!This week's theme provided and judged by The Sauce!
Tips for Making Marios
- When Mario has nothing beneath him, a three block platform will spawn until his first jump. Use it to test jumps with messing with blocks.
- Multi-select and the copy tool work together. Use it to quickly make terrain, copy set pieces, or make those coin rooms more quickly!
- Stuff doesn't seem to exist until it's on screen. This means enemies and stuff on rails will not be perfectly in sync most of the time.
- You can't make pipes one-way, but fortunately the one-way platforms solve this problem.
- A enemy stacked on another enemy will not move even if there's technically a path for them to walk on.
- Experiment! Stuff doesn't work 1:1 like they did in the classics. One example is eating a powerup as Yoshi in SMW will not give Mario the powerup but just stay in his mouth. Test things thoroughly and don't make assumptions!
- Objects can overlap in many cases, which can have weird interactions.
- To make a subworld, put Mario in a pipe (this has to be unlocked first).
- You can upload ten levels, and your upload limit gets increased by ten per medal. Get more stars by making better levels, and delete low-performing levels when you're at the limit! They're still saved to your hard drive, and you can upload them again when you get more medals.
- Custom sound effects do not get uploaded. Do not have your levels hinge on this.
- Your main map is what gets displayed publicly. If you'd prefer to keep it a secret, then make a subworld and hide the two pipes somewhere. Build the main level in the subworld and do whatever with the now empty main world.
- The thumbnail for your level is whatever is on the editor screen when you save your game.
- To make comments that pop out in the middle of a level, just stop where you wanna comment and hit pause and then the comment button.
- Don't want your comment to show in the level? Wait until the level is done.
- When Mario goes through a door, the stage resets many of the assets except things like blocks. Enemies will respawn.
- Doors can only move Mario within a map. Only pipes can take you between main and sub worlds.
- Unlocking works as follows: after five minutes in the editor, you will be notified of tools incoming. At that point you can opt to wait until tomorrow, or you can lay down 500 blocks in the editor to expedite the delivery. Then the process repeats.
- To change your cursor that appears on the TV, press either control stick. One swaps through left-handed options, while the other is for righties (note: this has no impact on editor controls and the cursor only shows up on the TV so feel free to have an opposite-handed cursor)
- If you see flies on the editor, you can swat them to start the old fly minigame from Mario Paint. You have a time limit in which to kill all flies, and there are three rounds. Finish all three and you unlock Builder Mario.
- Playing 10-Mario challenge unlocks sample courses. Once you unlock them all the game will tell you that it has also unlocked the NWC courses. Beat them to unlock the skinny shroom (note: Super Mushrooms always have a chance to be Skinny Mushrooms by default)
- Commenting on a course automatically gives it a star. There is no way to unstar a course so be careful.
- We don't know what the bottom layer of tools are. The game will tell you when you've unlocked everything.
Level Types: Any
Contest date: 11/01-11/06 (Sun-Fri)
Reward: Winner of this round chooses the next theme and winner!
Submissions: Click here to submit your level.
Levels: View level submissions here.
From The Sauce:
Your course should be a maze, featuring multiple paths with some being "wrong" or requiring you take them in a certain order. You can do this by making a literal maze out of blocks, by using doors and pipes, Metroidvania gating, or however you want! Make us explore to find the right way through, but be sure it's possible to go all the wrong ways and still finish in time. Loops are fine and even encouraged.
Of course it should still be a level on top of being a maze, so add whatever hazards, decorations, and obstacles you like. Watch the difficulty; if I can't clear the course I can't give it the win even if I loved what you came up with.Prior challenge!
Theme: Clown Copter
Restrictions: Must include a Clown Copter
Level Types: Any
Grunt's Ghosts DBCD-0000-00C3-060E
The Sauce ED31-0000-00C8-87FF
Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051Steam IDTwitch Page