Options

[PSN] 7 June - Mirror's Edge Catalyst | SteamWorld Heist | Odin Sphere | Sherlock TDD

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Anyone get Disgaea? How is it?
    I don't have it, but I've played it. It's very Disgaea-y. More Disgaea is not a bad thing. :D

I can tell you it is the Disgaea-ist of the bunch.

Billions of different ways to play it, and best of all it's entirely optional.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Oooohhhh demo. Time to turn on the ps4.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Armoroc wrote: »
    I havent played SMB, but yeah... The new soundtrack is kind of generic by the numbers type of music. Those two songs posted from the original soundtrack are wonderful.

A big thing missing is that there's not a common theme running through the entire soundtrack. Like, in the original, even when it wasn't the theme, there'd occasionally be a few bars from it here and there. It felt coherent in a way this doesn't. Also, there's too much going on in many tracks. The old ones were all kinda simple and ear-wormy.

That said, I've had Throw Another Banjo on the Fire stuck in my head all day. It's not perfect, but it feels super Meat Boy.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    NA price drops:

pricessfkog.png

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Not sure if it will ever come to consoles, or even be a thing? I'm not sure what Indiegogo is, but the Skullgirls devs are tryna make an action RPG and it looks rad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6zS6Z9FGQ

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Not sure if it will ever come to consoles, or even be a thing? I'm not sure what Indiegogo is, but the Skullgirls devs are tryna make an action RPG and it looks rad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6zS6Z9FGQ

IndieGoGo's another crowdfunding site, like Kickstarter. They're just less-known since Kickstarter gets all the big name projects.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I contributed to it last night at the physical copy level

It looks absolutely amazing

• Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Does Disgaea ever even differ in quality?

I figure they're just like musou games at this point

I figured it would be more of the same. Hell, that's what I was hoping for. Just needed confirmation before tossing it on the amazon wishlist

Most content heavy one for sure. I'm a huge fan of the whole series and am having a total blast so far. Through chapter 7. It absolutely is more of the same, though, which I wanted.

• Options
    edited October 2015

Do they mention which platforms they plan to release on?

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

PC, PS4, One

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Star Wars: Battlefron Beta is available on PSN now.

• Options

PC, PS4, One

Aw fuck yisssssssss

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah, the briefly touched upon it on this week's Bombcast. Looks super interesting. On that note, PS4 guys, how is Axiom Verge? I'm kinda interested but I'm not looking for a super long game.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Axiom Verge was pretty good, but I felt the level design and the really esoteric design of the powerups (like, you have a ball move that's functionally identical to Metroid, but it sure ain't an actual ball) meant there were a ton of moments where I simply had no damn clue where I was supposed to go, or even what I was supposed to do when I got there.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Wow, so I just found out about Rise of the Tomb Raider's microtransactions. Then I took a look at an IGN article about the game, and it looks like there's going to be a New Game+ mode this time, but it's locked behind the goddamn season pass... I think I may just skip the game completely instead of just waiting the year for the PS4 version. That's disgusting and inexcusable.

I used to just ignore microtransactions because they're usually pretty optional, but they're worming their way into alot more games these days to the point where it feels insulting. Destiny just added cosmetic and emote micros I think? Destiny. Rediculous! I might have to start a personal rule of skipping any AAA game that includes microtransactions. It might not mean shit to anyone, but I've gotten to the point where I don't want to reward that kind of sleaziness with my money.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Destiny's microtransactions are fine. Not getting them deprives the player of nothing gameplay-wise.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    New Game + locked behind season pass?

Suck it, Square.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Man, between Augment your Preorder and this...oh Square. I dunno Skull, when developers pull shit like that (like Konami and FOB) I'm glad I still got my PC over here and just mod the microtransactions away.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Destiny's microtransactions are fine. Not getting them deprives the player of nothing gameplay-wise.

I don't mind things like that behind paywalls, but if what @Skull2185 is saying that a new game + is locked away unless you pay more than the full price of the game sucks in my book. Of course since it'll take them a long time to get it to the ps4 I wonder if it'll be some sort of ultimate editon and have everything in game.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, the Tomb Raider thing is hot garbage. Hiding actual gameplay behind a paywall on a $60 game is fucking repugnant. But little cosmetic touches that are completely optional and don't change how the game plays? I've got no problems with those being a paid-for thing.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Aren't season passes always gameplay though? I can't think of one that was purely optional/cosmetic.

While I can't think of an example of NG+ being season pass'd, I don't think that's necessarily nefarious.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Aren't season passes always gameplay though?

Hmmm...always gameplay? Maybe that's a bit of a stretch. That Batman season pass had months were it was only skins afaik.

• Options
    HyperSplattHyperSplatt Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    While I can't think of an example of NG+ being season pass'd, I don't think that's necessarily nefarious.

blkyk.jpg

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I don't mind things like that behind paywalls, but if what @Skull2185 is saying that a new game + is locked away unless you pay more than the full price of the game sucks in my book. Of course since it'll take them a long time to get it to the ps4 I wonder if it'll be some sort of ultimate editon and have everything in game.

The IGN article was formatted weird. There's bullet points listing the season pass content, then a youtube video followed by a continuation of bulletpoints where they had whatver TR's ng+ mode is called listed. I dont have speakers on my work PC, so maybe that youtube video was talking bout additions to the game and NG+ is one of them. The way it looked, though, made it seem like it was part of the $30 season pass.

As for Destiny, those micros just feel gross. Destiny is a monumental success. They're raking in dough like there's no tomorrow, so implementing a method to try and nickel and dime their customers even more is super sleazy. I know it's harmless cosmetic shit, but I still think it's a crap thing to do. Anyway, I don't want to derail the PSN thread with microtransaction talk. I was surprised by the Tomb Raider stuff earlier and it kind of set off that mini rant in my head...

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Finally got inspired enough to make a thread about all the microtransaction crapola.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the briefly touched upon it on this week's Bombcast. Looks super interesting. On that note, PS4 guys, how is Axiom Verge? I'm kinda interested but I'm not looking for a super long game.

Super duper good. Incredible music, fun weapons and powers. It's definitely a modern Metroid clone. A bit more linear, and a touch more puzzle-y, but only a touch. I can't really say how long it is yet, but it doesn't feel like it's going to be long. Good pacing.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options

I just did this too! I hope it reaches that goal. Looks so good.

• Options
    Here's the official details on the Tomb Raider stuff:
    http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/130692792649/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-extra-game-modes-season

It doesn't sound to me like NG+ is included in the season pass, it's just bad wording that's getting some people confused. Though I don't know why they decided to include a run down of their NG+ features in the first place, they all seem like things I'd expect from a game like that.

The actual season pass does sound Warner-esque in its shittiness though, offering one new tomb, an endurance mode, a horde mode and some cosmetic items.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Wait, a horde mode? What even is Tomb Raider these days?

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I completely expect the PS4 version to have every single DLC free and be labeled "Definitive Edition" or some other nonsense.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

Hmmm...always gameplay? Maybe that's a bit of a stretch. That Batman season pass had months were it was only skins afaik.

Each month featured gameplay. From what i remember it has been a mini campaign (Batgirl or Nightwing), AR challenges, or race tracks with a new vehicle. There have also been skin packs, but something more substantial was always included, too.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing that up @jclast. I wasn't sure.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

Each month featured gameplay. From what i remember it has been a mini campaign (Batgirl or Nightwing), AR challenges, or race tracks with a new vehicle. There have also been skin packs, but something more substantial was always included, too.

Batman season pass was 100% predictable because every Batman game since City has had one decent story DLC and a mountain of fluff and shit.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thank you for posting that info @Unco-ordinated I don't mind that way then.

So has anyone bought a new ps4 because they wanted one of the new fancy versions? I'm trying to prepare myself for when I get my new one on how to transfer everything over to it from my existing one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Speaking of the new fancy versions ....
    (not PSN related, but...)

• Options
    While the holiday season has really only just started, I'd just like to point out how fucked up it is that Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Far Cry: Primal are all meant to be coming out on the same day (23 Feb). Primal is probably the most interesting thing I've seen from Ubisoft in years but it's still going to have to take a back seat behind the other two (and probably Uncharted 4, as there's no way I'll get the other two finished in just three weeks). Hopefully at least one of them is pushed back to like May.

• Options
    I just realized I should at least play an hour of Mirror's Edge. Just to see what's the fuss about.

• Options
    Speaking of the new fancy versions ....
    (not PSN related, but...)

This is pretty rad if you don't have a PS4 already and you love Star Wars. Been playing the Battlefront beta and it is very badass!

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    While the holiday season has really only just started, I'd just like to point out how fucked up it is that Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Far Cry: Primal are all meant to be coming out on the same day (23 Feb). Primal is probably the most interesting thing I've seen from Ubisoft in years but it's still going to have to take a back seat behind the other two (and probably Uncharted 4, as there's no way I'll get the other two finished in just three weeks). Hopefully at least one of them is pushed back to like May.

I feel like Christmas is late this year. There's nothing I'm really excited about for the holiday window. But Q1 '16 is absolutely loaded.

• Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    I just realized I should at least play an hour of Mirror's Edge. Just to see what's the fuss about.

The demo has the first and best level.