As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic launching the 13th of August!

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    "This is a fascinating discussion but we have righteous work to do this day, onward you paragons of intelligence and insight !" That's right out of the Frasier Crane insult book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS41-JeZ3EE

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I finally took ranger bardin with grudge raker out for a spin

it is uh

pretty silly!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I've been playing around with the Shade this evening. I've maxed out crit-rate one some twin swords and my trinket. With the ult cooldown on crit passive, you can regen your stealth stupid fast by cleaving through some slave rats with a crit hit from those swords. I also looted a crossbow with the regen 1 bolt on headshot passive trait. That really helps for quickly ending boss fights, bile trolls in particular. Generally stealth->backstab, back off to avoid the inevitable retaliatory swing and go on the defensive since I probably have aggro now. Then, once the team finishes pushing it to the breakpoint where he takes a knee to regen, I can walk right up to his head and unload an entire magazine into his face for free.

Since the longbow nerf, I don't think that shades would ever equip the longbow over the xbow. It's understandable that they're trying to shift emphasis back to melee careers, but the longbow's ammo pool wasn't the oppressive factor that was leading towards excessive ranged attacks. It was the waystalker's rampant ammo replenishment traits that were letting you spam with wild abandon. The nerf really only hit handmaidens and shades, who weren't spamming ranged 24/7 in the first place.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    so I'm still messing around with two handed sword on my Handmaiden. I know she does best with glaive and spear, but I think more people should give two handed sword a look, too. it has an entirely different moveset than the other two handers, one that's completely unique and has an armor piercing stab that penetrates and cleaves as her heavy attack, a wide sweeping horizontal attack that follows it, and then you can either dodge and do light attacks that cleave if you're handling hordes, or the charge combo if you're handling armored. the heavy stab has one shotted every armored enemy other than chaos warrior I've come across, though.

either way, very fun weapon to play with, just like glaive and spear. her speed and dodge potential make it so much more fun, and it's a very flashy weapon.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    I've been playing around with the Shade this evening. I've maxed out crit-rate one some twin swords and my trinket. With the ult cooldown on crit passive, you can regen your stealth stupid fast by cleaving through some slave rats with a crit hit from those swords. I also looted a crossbow with the regen 1 bolt on headshot passive trait. That really helps for quickly ending boss fights, bile trolls in particular. Generally stealth->backstab, back off to avoid the inevitable retaliatory swing and go on the defensive since I probably have aggro now. Then, once the team finishes pushing it to the breakpoint where he takes a knee to regen, I can walk right up to his head and unload an entire magazine into his face for free.

Since the longbow nerf, I don't think that shades would ever equip the longbow over the xbow. It's understandable that they're trying to shift emphasis back to melee careers, but the longbow's ammo pool wasn't the oppressive factor that was leading towards excessive ranged attacks. It was the waystalker's rampant ammo replenishment traits that were letting you spam with wild abandon. The nerf really only hit handmaidens and shades, who weren't spamming ranged 24/7 in the first place.

I don't know, I play a ton of waystalker and I definitely find that it's very unwise for me to expend much longbow ammo on anything that can't be tagged

whereas before, Vaul's Quiver made ammo literally irrelevant

though it occurs to me now that if I used a trait that restored ammo, I guess that might still be true

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    With the trait that restores ammo on Trueflight use, I found I could shoot everything in a horde wave and still have a couple of spare arrows for specials. That's not possible any more.

• Options
    I'm saying that the ammo capacity nerf hurt handmaiden/shade 10x more than it hurt waystalker.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think that just like the first one, console versions won't be available until about a year after the PC. They pretty much haven't said anything but 2018. On the one hand, what was released on consoles of Vermintide wasmuch more polished than what was released on PC. On the other hand. I have a feeling we're looking at an October console release or so. Which is a very long wait.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Swift strikes trait on horde clearing melee weapons is civilization, especially the 2 handers. You just carve out your own space during a horde rush

Also, how do people kill the named bosses if they have no armor piercing weapons? It seems like the worst thing just sitting around doing nothing during boss fights except helping your teammates clear the adds

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    You hit them in the head.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    You hit them in the head.

Which can be really hard on ol' ribspreader, because he's really tall. Still, almost every melee weapon has an armor piercing attack on charge.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    And someone needs to be on mob duty during most bosses.

• Options
    Swift strikes trait on horde clearing melee weapons is civilization, especially the 2 handers. You just carve out your own space during a horde rush

Also, how do people kill the named bosses if they have no armor piercing weapons? It seems like the worst thing just sitting around doing nothing during boss fights except helping your teammates clear the adds

kerillian's 2-handed sword is ridiculously good against hordes

after swift slaying triggers you're like a buzzsaw, it's pretty crazy

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Empire in Flames

AhJ3FNzMjHN-Aa7_lXMoJYHIi-c2pfwZtKsbPmvx5Jo.jpg?w=1024&s=7d87f547a5b49cb5cdc012bb70c9ee15

• Options
    Jesus Christ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/8cr4cm/umgak_countless_legend_run_failures_distilled/

l0J7aHR.jpg
    The original image is a French poster from WW1, presenting Serbspyre fighting Strumvermin.

Behind we see the traitor Bulgarillian inflicting friendly fire as Greekienna stands idly without helping anyone.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    That's some bullshit, Greekienna was busy kicking the shit out of the Orkomans

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    2hyGvAenM4fe9lc0HVcJVZSnMfjfHmbgJec0BAJ4HGY.png?w=343&s=fab251197fe7b6dd9a3d83fbd5a3e60f

Donnicton on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    COD_full_FINAL.png

CRM4sA8.gif

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    COD_full_FINAL.png

That looks. Tiny.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Weird, it shows up as full size on my end, I'm using the direct link option for this site. People should really just use Imgur. I've changed it to the Reddit cached version.

• Options
    My success rate has gone up after I started assuming that the guy who F2's to sprint ahead at the start is the party's weakest link and that I should write them off for dead and focus on making sure that the others survive.

Usually Mr F2 ends up doing something like pulling a chaos warrior patrol.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Weird, it shows up as full size on my end

A phrase that I'm not wholly unfamiliar with

• Options
    The beam staff may still be the best for chasing circles, but I'm starting to lean towards conflagration being the best for stabilizing bad situations. It's explosions stagger armored foes, even chaos warriors. So when the team idiot circle chaser pulls an armor patrol, you can keep it locked down until the team can pick them off.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I've been playing a lot of Ironbreaker Bardin lately

nothing beats the feeling of raw sturdiness when you tank an entire chaos patrol

axe+shield is also really good at dealing with blackrats once you figure it out

• Options
    I've been told that the true way to play Bardin is to play him like Doomguy. I haven't started leveling him yet, but I've been opening my junk chests on him in hopes of finding a grudgeraker before I seriously start playing him.

First things first, I want to setup my Unchained and Shade careers with full sets of 300 power gear, and setup handmaiden with a solo speed running loadout.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I've been opening every single chest as Sienna and still not a single beam staff....

• Options
    You're better off not using it. The beamstaff is a crutch that I've seen encourage bad habits and major tunnel vision for loads of Siennas in their pursuit of green circles. Run the conflagration staff. The explosion can stagger chaos warriors in bulk. You won't get as many circles but you'll save runs from wiping when someone pulls the chaos warrior patrol at the wrong time.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    You're better off not using it. The beamstaff is a crutch that I've seen encourage bad habits and major tunnel vision for loads of Siennas in their pursuit of green circles

Don't listen to him. This is what bitterness and spite sound like. The Beam Staff is everything that is good and righteous and pure. Plus it can cook your breakfast.

• Options
    I still stand by the statement that 90% of the beamstaff pyros that I see are overly reliant on their crutch and crumple the moment that things get hairy. The pyros that I see using any of other staff are generally far more situatuonally aware and are more capable of taking care of themselves when things get dicey.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    They had a dev stream today about some new changes.

Some new cosmetics (not hats) and the quest system from V1!

Cool to see that they're doing dev streams (this was the first one I've been aware of) but they could really stand to get organized a bit better beforehand.

It was a 40 minute video, 30 of which was just them discussing changes from this last patch. I'm probably just being nitpicky though

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    You're better off not using it. The beamstaff is a crutch that I've seen encourage bad habits and major tunnel vision for loads of Siennas in their pursuit of green circles

Don't listen to him. This is what bitterness and spite sound like. The Beam Staff is everything that is good and righteous and pure. Plus it can cook your breakfast.

No doubt a bitter Kerillian main, bitter that someone else is stat padding more ranged kills!

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I only use the bolt and fireball staves. I've always hated using the beam staff, it's just not my style.

But the charge attack on the fireball staff obscures your vision to a ridiculous degree, it's actually an issue with a lot of charge attacks and I really hope they address it with some transparency options or something. Especially with friendly fire on, not being able to aim precisely is just bad design.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I'm glad they buffed/fixed the shade in the last major patch. Now I don't have to shoot my teammates in the back constantly

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I only use the bolt and fireball staves. I've always hated using the beam staff, it's just not my style.

But the charge attack on the fireball staff obscures your vision to a ridiculous degree, it's actually an issue with a lot of charge attacks and I really hope they address it with some transparency options or something. Especially with friendly fire on, not being able to aim precisely is just bad design.

I can't stand when somebody is using the fireball stave when I'm running Bardin, it pretty much guarantees I will never ever have Gromril Armor active when it would be useful. The friendly fire from the damage might be negligible, but it sure is annoying as hell to not take an enemy hit for ages and then take Stormvermin swipe because fireball splash plinks that armor off. I don't see what a Sienna player can even do to avoid it, short of just never using the regular shot.

Bolt staff puts out a lot of shots, but at least there's no splash damage and the bolts move quickly so controlling the friendly fire is actually possible.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I don't see what a Sienna player can even do to avoid it, short of just never using the regular shot.

I feel like at Champion + Sienna shouldn't be shooting into the first line of melee and should be hitting behind or sides if possible. It's a tough scenario.

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »
      I don't see what a Sienna player can even do to avoid it, short of just never using the regular shot.

I feel like at Champion + Sienna shouldn't be shooting into the first line of melee and should be hitting behind or sides if possible. It's a tough scenario.

Which is a huge problem if the enemy is right on top of the group, especially against taller Chaos enemies. No way do those fireballs have enough arc to get past the front line when jammed in up close, which happens all the time.

Beam and bolt staves at least let her punch through to armored enemies so they don't screw up crowd control attacks from the tanks, and without dealing any kind of FF. Either the FF needs to be turned off for fireball staves or the splash damage for the main shot should go away, otherwise it's just a straight negative pick for anything past Champion.

• Options
      Grimnir blessed my boxes and gave me a red axe+shield a few nights ago

which brings my total red count up to 2

• Options
      BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
      New patch with tons of fixes

This is some nice QOL stuff for playing on legendary imo.

Also says they're gearing up for a 20gb patch in the coming weeks to fix performance issues/lay groundwork for upcoming additions

• Options
      that giant patch is available, though it's treated as a beta so it is currently opt-in only

lots and lots of bug fixes and map optimizations, mainly, not as much class/skill balancing as the last few patches (notably, Unchained ult can now be used during Sienna's meltdown animation to cancel it and remove all your heat, and they fixed certain ults doing damage to players, such as bardin's smoke bomb)

it also supposedly optimized performance, but I haven't tried it yet to see how significant that is

• Options
      The test dummies display damage over time effects now and a lot of the idiots who claimed that sienna's melee weapons were all garbage are finally realizing that the dots afflicted by them are quite significant.

Even before the buff to unchained, which I think was unnecessary since she was already one of the toughest characters in the game and one of the few classes that could shrug off a mauler overhead on legend, Sienna was capable of killing storm vermin with a single heavy attack combo. But whatever. I'll accept the buff. It will just make it easier to carry people through legend.

3DS Friend Code: