As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

October is over but share your [Halloween] tricks and treats

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I thought this was pretty neat: how the Japanese do haunted houses. Honestly, I like their idea a lot more than the sorts we get here in the US.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Delmain wrote: »
    Or I guess Delmain, since NQ has a different outfit lined up, if you want, I have the King in Yellow costume available for use

(cc "Casual Eddy" - - if your friend wants to borrow it, that is also cool)

Ask nexus if he thinks it would fit. I doubt it would. If it would, I'm down because mine is baaaaaaad

@Delmain

It is purposefully designed in segments to accommodate many sizes, it is almost more like a poncho than a robe in some ways

Wear all black, preferably long sleeves if you got'em

Also your beard is stately and royal and will look rad as hell with this mask

(refer to OP for costume photoref; it's like the second to last one, iirc.)

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    In other news

finished Nexus's costume already, earlier than expected (I was anticipating pulling an all-nighter but I think sleep will happen this year!)
    DSC_0003.jpg

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Halloween seems to be picking up in my area. Australias never been terribly big on it, but today as I was driving I saw a house down the street piling up dirt. Then putting tombstones on the piles. On the way back, several other houses had spooky decorations and lots of adults and kids were wondering around in costume. Wisely we picked up a box of little chocolate bars, because I had so many kids come past trick or treating.

This is fantastic. My fiancee wants to do a Halloween party next year now.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    This year, as the past few years, I will be playing the part of "Weird man in his 20's who lives in that big badly maintained house"

Not that it will really matter, since I live in a fairly rural area and people around here with kids go to family friends' neighborhoods in the suburbs to trick-or-treat. We get candy every year but it's basically just for us.

I'll hopefully have an opportunity to costume up next year.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    As seems to be the way when it's Halloween on a Saturday at my job, I'm the only one who showed up in full regalia.

IMG_20151031_104231.jpg

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    @tapeslinger and @nexuscrawler when should I swing by?

• Options
    @No-Quarter nexus should be home all day. The party starts at 8 and since we are rolling deeper than expected we should try to be early; I might be sending yinz to the bar in waves.

• Options
    @No-Quarter nexus should be home all day. The party starts at 8 and since we are rolling deeper than expected we should try to be early; I might be sending yinz to the bar in waves.

Party where? 9c?

Tinz? Waves? Heroes of the Storm laning phase?

• Options
    Cool.

I'll go full-push build, then.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    yeah show up whenever honestly I might be cleaing or shopping what whatevrs

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    As seems to be the way when it's Halloween on a Saturday at my job, I'm the only one who showed up in full regalia.

IMG_20151031_104231.jpg

what about your sidekick?

• Options

"Maw! Maaaaaaaaaaaaw! Maw. *drools*"

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    I would have loved the time and money to be more elaborate, but I'm pretty damn proud of my handiwork:
    z3ze08lq3smq.png
    xr0o9enog1ti.png

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

IMG_20151031_104231.jpg

She's around here somewhere
    It is surprisingly challenging to get a selfie with a cat in costume

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    It's hard to take a selfie when you're blind

Http://i.imgur.com/1k919Yt.jpg

So It Goes on
  • Options
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Dem knuckles tho

<3<3

So devilishly daring!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    The work event went great. The kids loved the Easter Bunny costume and also getting eggs, as it was like getting a bonus prize when they cracked them open and found chocolate. The adults were amused by me greeting everyone with, "Happy Six Months Until Easter!" It was very successful.

As for the regular trick-or-treating, we'll see if we get more than the two who have showed up. I have my doubts.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I hope you can help me find some enjoyment in this year's Halloween, I am sick and so no partying or trick o'treating with the kid for me :(

Here is what we did this year for Halloween costumes in our household.
    Wolverine in Assassin's Creed(1)
    Wolverine in Assassin's Creed(2)
    Snikt! (Or as the nice guy at the Nanaimo comic book store put it "Because an Assassin needs more weapons?!?")
    1NeiQJV.jpg?1
    My native 50's sock hop wife and I

I may need to edit these images to links, what was the size restriction again?
    Edited: I was just over on size for two of the images, nuts. Changed to links.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    The work event went great. The kids loved the Easter Bunny costume and also getting eggs, as it was like getting a bonus prize when they cracked them open and found chocolate. The adults were amused by me greeting everyone with, "Happy Six Months Until Easter!" It was very successful.

As for the regular trick-or-treating, we'll see if we get more than the two who have showed up. I have my doubts.

The death of conventional trick or treating is one of our time's greatest tragedies.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular

500 KB.

• Options
  • Options
    Fakefaux wrote: »

500 KB.

Thank you for the reminder, edited post based on what I could find when I right click image info.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Xavier1216 wrote: »
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    I'm lazy and will be dressing as Tiger Millionaire, Steven Universe's wrestling alter-ego.

Please post pictures down the line if you can/want, because I'd love to see that.

I'm supremely lazy this year, so I've acquired a pair of blue sweatpants and a Captain America hoodie and shield. I'll be going as Captain Actual America.

Tiger Millionaire:
    tuvlst6bkod2.jpg

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Yo I NEED to see more costumes/getups from last night

here is a full shot of lawyer Matt

12191074_826804585137_11362162333209004_n.jpg?oh=e9d194e1809f58ba8dadea52e93a8fa0&oe=56CB9F1B

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That is the bestest Lawyer Matt.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So I am a parent and am therefore bound by contract to show you pictures of my children. Maddie, who is excited by Halloween and likes dressing up, wanted to go as Star Butterfly, from Star vs The Forces of Evil. Which is pretty fitting, because she basically looks and acts like Star anyway:
    b6hjppzrt7zc.jpg

NARWHAL BLAST
    tan7qm6ccqaz.jpg

Riley, who is not much into dressing up, went as... I dunno, a disembodied floating rib cage, or whatever. It took five minutes of cajoling and threats of being really super annoying until he submitted to a picture:
    s2uabkg4fdrj.jpg

The neighborhood rated them equal by virtue of giving them both stupid amounts of candy. Yay, Halloween!

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    @Hakkekage I believe has the bulk of the NY NJ threaders Halloween costume photos.

Oh, I don't think I got any shots of this:
    IMG_20151101_132453.jpg

I had to touch up the paint work after modding the cooling vent stack and power unit to give it better heft a couple of weeks ago on the advice of @Zampanov - there's a little plastic ziploc type bag full of nickels and pennies which I fed in there a few at a time, and then packed in tight with some chunks of used-up painting and makeup sponges to cushion it so it doesn't rattle around. For some reason I couldn't pry the thing entirely open; probably the sound activator configurations, so I couldn't epoxy a whole stack of coins in or anything. It's packed completely solid, though, which makes it, if anything, a little too convincing.

I redid some of the brushed metal areas with this new metallic foil stuff I just discovered, too

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    That blaster is amazing

• Options
    That blaster is amazing

I always love your comments on my Star Wars related stuff purely for avatar synchronicity

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    That blaster is amazing

I always love your comments on my Star Wars related stuff purely for avatar synchronicity

I used to have a Bill Murray drinking liquor avatar. It made for my incoherent movie thread posts to make more sense I think. :+1:

• Options
    "Happened so fast you can't even talk about it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7xTAnUCLek

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    MACHO MAN HAD TOO MUCH TOO DRINK

MACHO MAN DOESN'T THINK THAT COP WAS TAKING HIS SHIT

Delmain on
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2015
    Image upload is broken on mobile :(

spacekungfuman on
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    MACHO MAN HAD TOO MUCH TOO DRINK

MACHO MAN DOESN'T THINK THAT COP WAS TAKING HIS SHIT

OH YEA-UHHHHHH

• Options
    It was interesting having @No-Quarter on allcaps basically all night

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Here is what I looked like (excuse the shitty lighting... not that it matters too much because of the colors >.>)
    LHIhJWH.jpg?1