As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo 3DS] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Guess that answers my question about whether I can get SSB content in a bundle. Now I just have to wait and see if rumors of Nintendo doing a "Game of the Year" styled release for NX will happen.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    The 3D seriously messes with my eyes. I get really uncomfortable with it in a few minutes of use.

Even the new one.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    The 3D seriously messes with my eyes. I get really uncomfortable with it in a few minutes of use.

Even the new one.

I had that problem, but I powered through

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah it's been so long since I first saw the 3DS that it's getting hard to remember, I think initially I felt a little dizzy or weird when I saw it, and after a while was seeing like...plain text in books as being 3D, briefly. Messed with my head a little. After having it on for a couple days/weeks straight it was just normal though and I've loved it ever since. Always have it on full blast.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Took a break from Dragon Quest 7 to play some River City Tokyo Rumble. Damn this is a fun game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Is it worth $40? I'm waffling on it for that reason alone; I thought it was just going to be an eShop title previously.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Is it worth $40? I'm waffling on it for that reason alone; I thought it was just going to be an eShop title previously.

It should be $30, but it's a little scarce, so resellers have bumped up their prices.

Natume is shipping more directly to Amazon, so it'll be back to $30 relatively soon.

• OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have any info on the differences between the Yo-Kai Watch 2 versions?

Pretty sure all the difference were in the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXId6SHL2CY

Preorder exclusive Yokai

Fleshy Souls - Sailornyan

Bony Spirits - Robonyan F

And ingame exclusive Yokai

Fleshy Souls

Kyubi
    Wydeawake
    Toadal Dude
    Kantetsu
    Count Zapaway
    Zappary
    Hiraishin
    SV Snaggerjag (Boss)
    Komasan S
    Boyclops
    Wotchagot
    Pride Shrimp

Bony Spirits

Venoct
    Failian
    Arachnus
    Jibanyan S
    Firewig
    Irewig
    Slimamander (Boss)
    Niku-kui Otoko
    Mayoigurama
    Herbiboy
    Dassensha
    Faysoff

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I haven't touched my 3ds in like 2 years, does it still play the new games? (The new pokemon that is coming out specifically) Or would I need to get one of the nu3DS's?

I currently have the Pokemon X/Y XL limited edition one if I remember correctly, the blue/white one.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    So my Pikachu case came today in the mail

Despite the pics, it's not actually black with gold lining, it's clear with gold lining, so it actually looks pretty good with my red New 3DS XL

4NTcNCdl.jpg

UnbreakableVow on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    I haven't touched my 3ds in like 2 years, does it still play the new games? (The new pokemon that is coming out specifically) Or would I need to get one of the nu3DS's?

I currently have the Pokemon X/Y XL limited edition one if I remember correctly, the blue/white one.

Yep, still plays new games including new Pokemon!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

There is litearlly one game that it will not play at all (Xenoblade) and one that it technically will play, but you shouldn't (hyrule warriors). Other than that you're 100% fine.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »

There is litearlly one game that it will not play at all (Xenoblade) and one that it technically will play, but you shouldn't (hyrule warriors). Other than that you're 100% fine.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but there's also all the SNES VC games, the Monster Hunter and SSB inprovements, BOI is an exclusive, and maybe something else, feel like I'm missing... maybe in the next iteration of this thread, @MNC Dover could include it as a spoilered response in the op, seems to come up as a question fairly frequently.

camo_sig2.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yeah, a shitload of games play better on the new3DS.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Landstalker seriously needs a Genesis 3D classics rework. The game that was made for this 25 years before this was this.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I would love a way to play Landstalker as I never have

Without resorting to Wii VC

Wii U VC would be welcome

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I would love a way to play Landstalker as I never have

Without resorting to Wii VC

Wii U VC would be welcome

It's on Steam, if you think that would work for you.

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    wunderbar wrote: »

Awesome, thanks everyone!

• carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Landstalker seriously needs a Genesis 3D classics rework. The game that was made for this 25 years before this was this.

They were looking into it, but it turned out doing it would require so much work, it might be better to remake the game from scratch, so sadly it's not going to happen.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Good news for anyone who's been away from their Animal Crossing New Leaf town and want to get back in with the new update

Whatever. I always have Beautiful Town on anyway. What I need is "I promise no one moved out while you were away."

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Good news for anyone who's been away from their Animal Crossing New Leaf town and want to get back in with the new update

Whatever. I always have Beautiful Town on anyway. What I need is "I promise no one moved out while you were away."

We all know Camofrog is in the process of moving away. The only way we can stop it is by not booting the game up.

• DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular

How much better does MHGen play on the N3DS? Am I seriously missing out playing it on my old friend, the blue 3ds xl?

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »

How much better does MHGen play on the N3DS? Am I seriously missing out playing it on my old friend, the blue 3ds xl?

I don’t think it PLAYS any better, just loads faster and has more detailed textures. Of course, if you do not have a Circle Pro the right nub is the difference between night and crippled claw hand day...

camo_sig2.png
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular

I don't care about the animals moving away.

What I care about is animals moving in.

"Oh there's this intricate orchard of tress here, featuring every fruit available? I think I'll build my house right on top of it."

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    DarkMecha wrote: »

Unlike MH4, there's no graphical upgrade with the N3DS.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

I don't care about the animals moving away.

What I care about is animals moving in.

"Oh there's this intricate orchard of tress here, featuring every fruit available? I think I'll build my house right on top of it."

Or they wreck my carefully laid out flower crossbreeding fields. And then it's some stupid fucking monkey or something that makes some awful sound every time it opens it's mouth. THAT WAS MY BLACK COSMOS YOU SHIT.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I do care when some of the animals move away like Vesta and Lucky bailed on me without a word
    I set up my town where they can only move into certain areas but one area the bamboo field is a popular place to park
    Part of me cannot wait for the update but for the most part since I have a town full of animals I don't care for I do wonder how new ones move in

We need a better HOA. Actually, I'm rich enough now I could buy all the property and kick everyone out except for my bros. I think I have a new feature request for the next animal crossing...

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Luigi has a happy accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4JyT_fu0Bs

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I really, really hope they never get a CEO that makes them stop making gloriously stupid videos.

The callback to Wario's Crowdfarter was brilliant.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Why yes I would love to receive an Email from Yoshi just saying his name over and over again. :smile:

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Isn't Japan getting like 5 new 2DS colors? Why are we only getting 2? :bigfrown:

EDIT: NM they got these last month

tumblr_octwutXbBe1s2z1y6o2_1280.jpg

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    That clear black is so 2000s. I need nuclear green and atomic orange.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I love clear consoles. They need to make a comeback.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    That clear black is so 2000s. I need nuclear green and atomic orange.

GBCall.jpg
    <3<3<3

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I had that teal green GBC and loved the hell out of it. I got it for Christmas to replace my original Game Boy. I wonder if it is still in a box somewhere....

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    It took mine to war with me
    It's still looking factory fresh!
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1375426301000_zps61321b6b.jpg

Also boo I would get a pink or that lilac 2ds here shakes fist curse you region locking!

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Also boo I would get a pink or that lilac 2ds here shakes fist curse you region locking!

You could always import and do a case swap.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
This discussion has been closed.