As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE [WRESTLING] GAME

Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri LibrarianRegistered User regular
edited October 2015 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78gLhsSE3o

qVfe4sIX.jpg

Sasha vs Bayley! This Wednesday! 30 Minutes!

Let's have a wrestling thread.

2ohWien.png
Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
Ms Dapper on

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    HELL YEAH

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Ms Dapper wrote:

Contains a tweet from me saying how I dislike the Young Bucks! Give it a listen!

Yeah, well they watched the World's Cutest Tag Team match I linked, mentioned my tweet about how they're basically playing No Mercy on N64 and the bit about them contacting the Bucks over twitter so who's really the influence?

I mean, besides the guy who paid $50 to pick the episode.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that pan out at the end has killed me

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    these threads, if anything, have made me love portia perez

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Damn right you should.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

Damn right you should.

look man this is my wrestleknowledge:

- wcw rules
    - so does chikara
    - wwe still does good stuff sometimes
    - remember when 911 chokeslammed ecw rubes???

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    flaming tables can't melt steel beams

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

Damn right you should.

look man this is my wrestleknowledge:

- wcw rules
    - so does chikara
    - wwe still does good stuff sometimes
    - remember when 911 chokeslammed ecw rubes???

Post-shutdown Chikara is very hit and miss.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    You say that, but it's still a far more consistent product than most other North American indie promotions.
    Plus all the flaws people have been talking about since the relaunch have been there, arguably, since day one so it's not exactly a new thing.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    While they can be hit or miss, Chikara's hits are more than satisfying enough to keep me coming back and hooked in the story.

Chikara has brought me to emotional places I didn't know wrestling could take me to. Like when Condron fell at King of Trios Night 3, I was a mess--conflicted, slightly vindicated and guilty over that, heartbroken, angry. It was awesome, and more than enough to make me overlook the weaker parts of the show.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    also even when the story misses the wrestling is usually still good

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I personally think the wrestling aspect of Chikara is as weak as it's been in a long time, probably since year 3 or so. However they've got an awful lot of still pretty green talent on the card, which goes a long way towards explaining that. I just don't like as many of the gimmicks of these newer guys as I did back in those early Chikara days.
    However that is a cycle that a company like Chikara is always going to experience every few years, as they strive to bringing their students through to give them real ring time experience.

The Condron storyline has been so good that it's actually drawn me back into the product as a whole, like I started out ignoring everything else but now I've been revisiting the old shows to take in everything else that was going on.
    I even like the Hallowicked storyline, which is a magical achievement because holy shit do I not like Hallowicked even a little bit*.

*He's a great wrestler, perhaps one of the most underrated on the planet. There's just something about him that I do not like.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I personally think the wrestling aspect of Chikara is as weak as it's been in a long time, probably since year 3 or so. However they've got an awful lot of still pretty green talent on the card, which goes a long way towards explaining that. I just don't like as many of the gimmicks of these newer guys as I did back in those early Chikara days.
    However that is a cycle that a company like Chikara is always going to experience every few years, as they strive to bringing their students through to give them real ring time experience.

The Condron storyline has been so good that it's actually drawn me back into the product as a whole, like I started out ignoring everything else but now I've been revisiting the old shows to take in everything else that was going on.
    I even like the Hallowicked storyline, which is a magical achievement because holy shit do I not like Hallowicked even a little bit*.

*He's a great wrestler, perhaps one of the most underrated on the planet. There's just something about him that I do not like.

to be fair, you have much higher standards for in-ring action than anyone else I have ever met

• Options
    My biggest issue with Chikara since the relaunch has been with the in ring work. Not that the workers are half assing, just that compared to previous seasons the downgrade is quite noticeable.

• Options
    Maybe compared to most other indies the Chikara ring work is great. But not enough to regularly spend money on it.

• Options
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Here's Scott Steiner doing a 450 splash

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IvD7Nz4JCVA&feature=youtu.be

In 1987.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I can't handle the puns

by which I mean I am not watching those videos anymore I'm sorry Becky I still love youououououououououo

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    You love all of Becky or none.

RIDE

OR

DIE

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Oh, "Rechsteiner". I was wondering why it sounded like they called him Rick Steiner.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    ARMA
    GEDDON

Episode 33! Diddly dee! We keep rollin rollin rollin towards the end of the Attitude Era with a 6 man Hell in a Cell. Caution: contains discussion of Limp Bizkit.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Bray Wyatt was injured at a house show, receiving cuts on both his hand and head that were severe enough for the doctors to pause the match and get them cleaned and wrapped up before continuing.

Hopefully they're just cuts and he's good to go after a couple days.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    WHAT

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Wrestlers seem so much more naked when they wear a shirt with their tights.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    tamina should keep the curls

• Options
    BfG tonight actually does have some great talent featured. Too bad they're in a promotion no one gives a shit about anymore.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    BfG tonight actually does have some great talent featured. Too bad they're in a promotion no one gives a shit about anymore.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

Well the venue they were in last night said that out of the 300 or so that turned out, EIGHTY PERCENT were comped.

So yeah.

• Options

Well the venue they were in last night said that out of the 300 or so that turned out, EIGHTY PERCENT were comped.

So yeah.

So they sold sixty tickets?

JESUS.

That's IWA:Mid South numbers, and not when they were booking ROH guys.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

So yeah.

So they sold sixty tickets?

JESUS.

That's IWA:Mid South numbers, and not when they were booking ROH guys.

That show had Kurt Angle's official return as well.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    For some reason, I was interested in seeing just what matches were on the Bound for Glory card.

There is a match that is for a title called the "TNA King of the Mountain Championship".

Having no idea what that is, I looked it up. Apparently it's the 4th name for what was originally the TNA Legends Championship. It's also been the Global championship and the Television championship.

Insanity.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    For some reason, I was interested in seeing just what matches were on the Bound for Glory card.

There is a match that is for a title called the "TNA King of the Mountain Championship".

Having no idea what that is, I looked it up. Apparently it's the 4th name for what was originally the TNA Legends Championship. It's also been the Global championship and the Television championship.

Insanity.

It gets worse!

The King of the Mountain match is a ridiculous concept where to win, you have to hang the belt over the ring, like a reverse ladder match. Except, you can only hang the belt if you're eligible. To become eligible, you must pin or submit one of your opponents (oh yeah, it's a multi-man match). At any time, if you pin or submit someone, they must go to the "penalty box" for two minutes.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
This discussion has been closed.