As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2015 [MLB] Offseason is Off and Poppin'

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    New York Yankees
    I made it part of the draft sheet, on the last tab.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    New York Mets
    Goose! wrote: »
    I could do a thing for you guys if you want. FantasyPros Draft Assistant gives me the top available dudes based on their Consensus Rankings (and what # they're ranked overall). I could provide like the top...10 available, like Mel Kiper's big board sort of?

As long as you put Jimmy Clausen at the top of each ranking.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Chicago Cubs
    anybody got a link to this year's draft sheet handy, for some reason I don't have it bookmarked

• Options
    New York Mets
    anybody got a link to this year's draft sheet handy, for some reason I don't have it bookmarked

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ISEGRtG71d-9uvcoui9bAJDBvStX0u_QNW3OrjingTA/edit#gid=4

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Good night everyone I will see you in the morning

• Options
    Chicago Cubs
    alright, well

don't expect a pick tonight,

• Options
    New York Mets
    Like it's going to get any better after a good nights rest.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    There are several legitimately good players available right now.

Just none that approach first round value. Welcome to our league!

• Options
    New York Mets
    Just saying, anyone could have had Carlos Gomez for a steal!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    Oh good, I got home and thought I was going to have to make a pick tonight.

Too bad I wasn't here or I could have helped out with all of...that.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Pick Jose Reyes

nothing will go wrong

• Options
    Chicago Cubs
    well yeah, but only because everything's already wrong

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    Wow, lots of movement yesterday ... Yeah having the first pick in this draft isn't usually a great feeling, shockingly I've never had it after some of the nonsense I've drafted.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    Also Goose that big board is helpful, albeit I had planned on spending my work day doing something like that, now I have to find something to do!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    New York Yankees
    Its why I highly recommend the fantasy pros MVP thing. Totally worth it to me, at least.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I haven't tried yet but I'm betting the spreadsheet is blocked by my work proxy. Makes it hard to rank players when I can't see whose been kept easily.

• Options
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    I have Google Sheets on my phone, works wonders.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I'm not technically supposed to be on my phone though I have my own office so I can sneak using it once in awhile.

• Options
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    I'm in a cubicle, so no one gives a shit what I do.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Oh hell yeah. The doc works on my computer.

They tell us its a HIPAA violation to be on our phones which I think it's a bunch of bullshit but whatever.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    Haha I work in healthcare, but I work in testing/computer software so it isnt as big of a deal because we don't have access to PHI.

PizzleStixx on
    PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I work in patient accounts. I have access to everything including charts.

• Options
    New York Yankees
    I work in a school but the kids have the week off (secretaries are still in Tuesday to Thursday because our contract/union is bullshit).

• Options
    New York Yankees
    At some point we might want to update the thread title

• Options
    Toronto Blue Jays
    10 players off the board before I get my first pick... Wonder who will be available

• Options
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    I work in patient accounts. I have access to everything including charts.

Ha, I used to be a CSR so I answered calls and could see everything, they were afraid we would take pictures and then post it online for some reason. I still don't know why someone would do that.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Toronto Blue Jays
    No idea. It's really dumb. I have a pad and pen here, I could write down and sensitive information I wanted to if I really wanted to be a jerk.

Also, I don't know if the spreadsheet is going to always work...apparently the proxy is down today because I'm on the forums right now.

• Options
    Chicago Cubs

Excuse me, but the off-season is still off and poppin

• Options
    Toronto Blue Jays
    2 days until pitchers and catchers report!

• Options
    New York Yankees

Excuse me, but the off-season is still off and poppin

This is 2016, though. And it's kind of the preseason, now.

• Options
    Chicago Cubs
    I will update the thread title when I deem it appropriate to do so!

• Options
    Aww man. The ice closed school for me today. So I'm home on my birthday! Woo. 33 for me. Hoping I get to make a pick that will make everyone laugh at me!

• Options
    edited February 2016
    New York Yankees
    Happy birthday, FortyTwo. I hope you make a funny pick, too, because I pick after you and don't want you taking the guy I want

Goose! on
  • Options
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I know who I would take with the first pick.

If everyone picks the top 10 the best guy on the board for me will be Jon Lester. However, I don't need a pitcher so the best position player on the board would be...Jacoby Ellsbury.

*shudders*

• Options
  • Options
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I think they might have accidentally flipped the AL Central

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I would bet everything I own against the Rays winning 91 games.

• Options
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    i honestly dont understand that projection because I've never seen PECOTA give the Rays more than 86 wins and this is not their best team

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I think they might have accidentally flipped the AL Central

Twins are unfortunately a prime candidate for regression

This discussion has been closed.