A minimal [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Deebaser wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    I miss chu

Are you going to be his valentine?

Chu is one of the most genuine people I have ever met and one time sent me one of the few cards I have received in my life that generated feels

genuine?

*rips off chu mask*

actually is dolan

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    League of Legends is the most popular online multiplayer game like Big Bang Theory is one of the most popular television series.

It doesn't have anything to say about how good it is. In fact, it is just a reason to feel bad for humanity in general.

nah it's a solid game with a bad community that it is admittedly partially at fault for having

so it's more like South Park

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    but still, all the money to develop AAA games isn't just because the resolutions are high and there's great ambient occlusion. The games themselves are big.

If there was some easy way to make the big bucks without having to spend all the money and employ half an army, they'd all be doing it already.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    The stupid thing is, the AAA industry could fix it's money burning woes overnight. They just have to choose to walk away from the tech arms race, block out retards like TotalBiscuit, and recognize that they can still set boners ablaze at the trade shows with just good artwork. You don't need $30 million to make a game that looks great, and there's no fucking reason to sink these absurd amounts of cash into games creating levels of graphical detail that most players actually don't care about.

Block out a popular reviewer and accept not leading the pack sounds like a recipe for failure
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    The stupid thing is, the AAA industry could fix it's money burning woes overnight. They just have to choose to walk away from the tech arms race, block out retards like TotalBiscuit, and recognize that they can still set boners ablaze at the trade shows with just good artwork. You don't need $30 million to make a game that looks great, and there's no fucking reason to sink these absurd amounts of cash into games creating levels of graphical detail that most players actually don't care about.

No, a significant part of the market does care about them graphics

Is Team Fortress 2 still the most popular online shooter?

Is League of Legends still the most popular online multiplayer game?

League of legends is the current WoW tier winner of a completely banana pants business model that richer companies are failing to duplicate. I don't get your point

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    League of Legends manages to have a lower userscore on metacritic than Destiny. So, Destiny is the better game.

fact.

(both of them are crushed by a sensible game like Saints Row 3.)

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I miss chu

Chu is one of the most genuine people I have ever met and one time sent me one of the few cards I have received in my life that generated feels

I'm just jealous, and chu rhymes with you, so it is kinda a little saccharine.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    but still, all the money to develop AAA games isn't just because the resolutions are high and there's great ambient occlusion. The games themselves are big.

If there was some easy way to make the big bucks without having to spend all the money and employ half an army, they'd all be doing it already.

Not necessarily. Businesses do all sorts of dumb, short sighted shit for various reasons besides logic that makes sense in the real world.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I want my next avatar to be Dennis Reynolds but I think when I next change it I'll need to stop back at Tobias. I can't simply ignore my constituents.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    i like lol

saints row is mostly too silly for me but some of the humor in sr4 was excellent

i ain't never played destiny

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I want my next avatar to be Dennis Reynolds but I think when I next change it I'll need to stop back at Tobias. I can't simply ignore my constituents.

I made a fire sale joke today and your avatar wasn't there to accept the offering

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I miss chu

genuine?

*rips off chu mask*

actually is dolan

I have nightmares that Raz will do this on my deathbed

• Options

Block out a popular reviewer and accept not leading the pack sounds like a recipe for failure

A significant part of the market does care about them graphics.

Also, no, counter strike global offensive has beat team fortress 2 for the online shooter top

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Makin them Marios.

Just making them up.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Here's an easy measuring stick: Is everyone here going to buy at least one AAA game this holiday season? Halo 5 or Lego Dimensions or Fallout 4 or whatever?

• Options
    Yeah CSGO is like ... way way way more popular than TF2 right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

League of legends is the current WoW tier winner of a completely banana pants business model that richer companies are failing to duplicate. I don't get your point

You said that ignoring Popular YouTube Reviewer and choosing not to engage in the tech arms race is a recipe for failure.

Yet neither of these games failed, and in fact they became the largest players in their particular spaces.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Here's an easy measuring stick: Is everyone here going to buy at least one AAA game this holiday season? Halo 5 or Lego Dimensions or Fallout 4 or whatever?

Probably not.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    so there was another contract dispute update posted at my jerb. they've so far agreed:

1) you start accruing sick time after 1 year of service instead of 3 years of service
    2) while you can still only use sick time for general illness if it lasts 3 days or longer, you can now use it for just one day if you went to the hospital or if you got outpatient surgery
    3) july 4th and new year's day as paid holidays

i still wish it took fewer than 5 years to get the second week of vacation

also that it didn't take 2 whole years to get one puny personal day : (

Organichu on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    this holiday season i will upgrade my computer so i can play cookie clicker and nekopara more effectively

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Sounds like the kind of business that wants to be a revolving door with shit retention to stack work on the shoulders of the few people who stay.

• Options
    Sounds like the kind of business that wants to be a revolving door with shit retention to stack work on the shoulders of the few people who stay.

yeah i have so many frogrammer friends and seeing their benefit packages scalds my soul

• Options

You said that ignoring Popular YouTube Reviewer and choosing not to engage in the tech arms race is a recipe for failure.

Yet neither of these games failed, and in fact they became the largest players in their particular spaces.

They got rilly rilly lucky. Many have failed spectacularly where they succeeded. It denies all reason. Might as well pump out call of duty 2016 and get a guaranteed return

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    this holiday season i will upgrade my computer so i can play cookie clicker and nekopara more effectively
    The series is set in a world where humans live alongside catgirls, known as "Nekos," and are able to keep them as pets.

this is immoral, P10!

• Options
    League of legends and LATEST UNISOFT IPEN WORLD GAME appeal to different markets

• Options
    what's a frogrammer

i like frogs

• Options
    IPEN?

• Options
    Like, I'll throw money at the battle tech kickstarter, and like there is going to be a new xcom maybe?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    If by AAA game you mean $5 arty indie game on Steam that I never get around to playing then yes

• Options
    All bets are off when a steam sale shows up.

I'll probably get Fallout 4, though.

I don't know where I will get time to play it. I haven't even played MGS5 yet. Like, haven't even launched it.

• Options
    To your other concern, if TB hasn't reviewed your indie game, I'm not buying it. I've been hurt before

• Options

Not necessarily. Businesses do all sorts of dumb, short sighted shit for various reasons besides logic that makes sense in the real world.

Businesses, sure, but not an entire industry. If there was One Small Trick to making vasts sums of money off of games without much investment, besides stumbling onto the next big thing, also known as blind fucking luck, somebody would have found it.

But anyway: which game is the most popular isn't very important. How much money it makes, is.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    IPEN?

...IPEN? ...iPen.

iPen.

o.o

brb calling apple

I had the idea first guy

IT IS MY IDEA

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

They managed to hit on gameplay that people just positively loved and were able to just let that carry it
    however "just count on the gameplay being incredibly popular" is not a super safe business strategy
    meanwhile, while you can't really throw money at "make the gameplay more appealing" and expect that to work, you can throw money at "make the graphics better," and even if your gameplay is just "fine" then the extra pretties will make marketing stuff cooler and people's experience with the game just a bit better so

• Options
    yes, finally found sources that have revenue and not just sales and woah okay yeah I understand how nintendo is still alive despite having like four games they keep releasing

wii fit had 5000 fucking million dollars in revenue, as of 2013 (but 2015 dollars)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    what is going on with my intertube?

my bone downloading some witcher thing is monopolising about half of its usual speed.

but that is only half of it.

I dont wish to ring the technical support for the isp

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    what's a frogrammer

i like frogs

Programmer

A typo that gained new life due to its hilarity.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    frogrammer is what this forum calls programmers idk why

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    autocorrect incident

• Options

It was an autocorrect that stuck

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

if you say no you are killing games for everyone

This discussion has been closed.