As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Uncharted!] You used to Chloe on my cell phone

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I'll skip the rest of 1 and give 2 a shot, then.

The opening to 2 is insanely good.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »

The opening to 2 is insanely good.

the first chapter is, but then it takes a little while to really turn into modern uncharted.

Once you get to Nepal it's pretty much all gravy from there though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah the tutorial bit at the very opening of Uncharted 2 is fine, but then it has what is without a doubt the worst section of the series (forced stealth)

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yeah the tutorial bit at the very opening of Uncharted 2 is fine, but then it has what is without a doubt the worst section of the series (forced stealth)

If I love stealth games, will I like a forced stealth section?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'll play that stealth section of 2 a million times before I touch that jet ski section again

• Options

If I love stealth games, will I like a forced stealth section?

I like stealth games

It is Bad Stealth

• Options
    Legit don't understand the jet ski hate

You get to roll around on the water shooting dudes with unlimited ammo, it's rad

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Legit don't understand the jet ski hate

You get to roll around on the water shooting dudes with unlimited ammo, it's rad

Because you don't get to just have a fun ride on a jet ski shooting dudes

You gotta go slowly and carefully to shoot mines out of your path.

And no one's really chasing you or anything. They're just kinda hanging out on ledges waiting for you to pass by.

It is not exciting in the least.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Eh, the jet ski part was ok, not the best, but definitely not worth the hate it gets here. The forced stealth in UC2 isn't actually so bad since you're going to need to know how to do it later in the game. And it's not so much forced stealth as it'd be a good idea to not go guns a'blazin at that point.

• Options
    Eh, the jet ski part was ok, not the best, but definitely not worth the hate it gets here. The forced stealth in UC2 isn't actually so bad since you're going to need to know how to do it later in the game. And it's not so much forced stealth as it'd be a good idea to not go guns a'blazin at that point.

If you are caught, you die and restart

It is the definition of forced stealth

• Options
    Also, I didn't mind the forced stealth section at all.

I already want to be mostly stealthy in Uncharted games, and that section is built around being fairly easy to stealth through.

I got caught exactly zero times on my last playthrough.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I'm pretty sure I got zero stealth kills in Uncharted 4 (except that one they force you to do)

I'm kinda dreading getting that Trophy where you have to go through the graveyard without being seen or killing anyone

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options

Are you talking about the part after you climb off the train, or the robbery part? Cuz, I totally stealthed the after train part as well.

• Options

Are you talking about the part after you climb off the train, or the robbery part? Cuz, I totally stealthed the after train part as well.
    The robbery in the museum

• Options
    Ah, that makes more sense then. I was more annoyed at the ending of that little vignette.

• Options

The post-train part in the snow isn't really forced stealth. In fact, it's kinda the opposite?
    Like, that is one part where I agree with Vow, since I successfully stealthed past enemies; but I was supposed to kill all the waves, so it just instantly killed me when I tried to leave the area.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Wow. The end of chapter 11 is some fucking fantastic stuff.
    And there's no action!

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

The post-train part in the snow isn't really forced stealth. In fact, it's kinda the opposite?
    Like, that is one part where I agree with Vow, since I successfully stealthed past enemies; but I was supposed to kill all the waves, so it just instantly killed me when I tried to leave the area.

This part isn't until way later, when the opening sequence actually happens in the timeline

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    The forced stealth section is such a short, straightforward and insignificant part of the game that I forgot it even existed.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I really don't mind the Jets kind parts but they are certainly not actually good, I just don't hate them

I think the only sequence in a uc game I've actually hated is the car chase in this one

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The only thing a seriously hate in any UC game is how invulnerable some of the later enemies get. Very frustrating at times.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I think the start of UC3 is much worse than the stealth section or jet boat.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    The forced stealth section is such a short, straightforward and insignificant part of the game that I forgot it even existed.

I mean I could say the same about the jet ski section

The second, longer jetski section has a Trophy in the PS4 collection for beating it in less than five minutes!

And it's really easy to get!

• Options
    Hellooooooo Nadine

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hellooooooo Nadine

Nadine brought guns

And also: guns

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Just finished the game on crushing and my god the trophy took forever to pop. I was all the way through the credits and onto the main menu before it did. Happened to be my Platinum Trophy too!

Also put me down for Team Jet Ski isn't that bad.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Better vehicle: Uncharted Jetski or ME Mako?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Mako by a hundred million miles

its not even a discussion

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mako, easily

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I like the Mako sections better

But on the other hand, aiming with its cannon be a hassle, and aiming in Uncharted is easy so

Gonna have to go with the jet ski

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Done.

Fucking perfect.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

You might want to bump the difficulty down to Easy just to knock out 1. And maybe stick with it for 2 and then 3 if you get to it. I'm replaying them on Easy and I'm enjoying myself quite a bit. The combat is the last thing I'm interested in from these games anyway.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Alright, that last hour or so of Uncharted 1 is kinda garbage.

Thankfully I can move onto the better ones now.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The forced stealth bit is basically the same as their forced chases; there is one way to go, and if you go that way, you make it through without any problems.
    But if you take a wrong turn and try to freestyle it in a way the devs didn't intend, you're instantly caught/shot to shreds. They try to make it clear which way you're supposed to go, but if you don't notice the ledge that's supposed to be climbed on or whatever, it can get tedious.

I love the games, but I'd love them more if they just bought the body count down a bunch. The new Tomb Raiders have had a better balance for that, at least for me.

Plus there's the hilarious bits in cutscenes where they hesitate to shoot someone because 'they're not killers'. With something in the region of 2000 kills in a full series playthrough.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    The best praise I can give 4 so far is that I'm halfway through my second run of it and it is still completely amazing and engaging

I got so bored of 2 on my second run back in '09 that I never even completed a second run until like

A week and a half ago

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    The forced stealth bit is basically the same as their forced chases; there is one way to go, and if you go that way, you make it through without any problems.
    But if you take a wrong turn and try to freestyle it in a way the devs didn't intend, you're instantly caught/shot to shreds. They try to make it clear which way you're supposed to go, but if you don't notice the ledge that's supposed to be climbed on or whatever, it can get tedious.

I love the games, but I'd love them more if they just bought the body count down a bunch. The new Tomb Raiders have had a better balance for that, at least for me.

Plus there's the hilarious bits in cutscenes where they hesitate to shoot someone because 'they're not killers'. With something in the region of 2000 kills in a full series playthrough.

But, I mean... Uncharted 2 specifically addresses this.

I feel like you're somehow getting Uncharted and Tomb Raider back to front regarding the killing.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

But, I mean... Uncharted 2 specifically addresses this.

I feel like you're somehow getting Uncharted and Tomb Raider back to front regarding the killing.

One line saying "How many men have you killed?" is kind of a band-aid over the thing, since it doesn't change anything about what Nate does afterwards.
    And I'm not comparing that to the Tomb Raider plot, I'm comparing the waves of enemies that gets so ridiculous you start expecting a clown car parked around the corner with all these armed soldiers pouring out of. TR does it too, but it doesn't feel so out of place to me, like they got the amount of enemies right.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    At a certain point nadine's army just seems bad at their jobs

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    One line from a Serbian war criminal doesn't really mean a whole lot to me

• Options
    At some point in these games you'd think the mooks would look at their boss and be like, "Fuck you, mate! Lara/Shepherd/Drake has killed like two hundred of us by themself! I'm buggering off to the pub to have a wank!" or whatever colloquial thing they'd say.