As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]RIP Dominion 2011-2016. You will be missed (by Talith)

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFkCDRlb9FA

I like pretty much everything about her.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I am going to be all over that. The tentacles all dance!

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/11/1123-pbe-update.html

snow day bard, gnar, and syndra

this is not a drill

bard's chimes are penguins

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/11/1123-pbe-update.html

snow day bard, gnar, and syndra

this is not a drill

bard's chimes are penguins
    The Syndra skin looks interesting but I already have Justicar. ):

Salty about the Brand nerf too but at least Soraka is getting touched back, too. Pretty sure she'll still be a piece of shit until they revert the grievous wound change, though.

butts
  • Options
    That is one stingy Riven buff.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Be happy with what you got. Anything else and Riot HQ goes up in flames.

Also thank goodness they're fixing minion pathing issues. It's impossible to play large champs up top, I've done nothing but play ranged champs about two or three days in to this patch because of it.

butts
  • Options
    I need something meatier and even stupid if I'm going to be able to play her on Dom again. Like double shield strength when charging towards the enemy levels of improvement.

With that she might almost be worth picking, but I doubt it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I need something meatier and even stupid if I'm going to be able to play her on Dom again. Like double shield strength when charging towards the enemy levels of improvement.

With that she might almost be worth picking, but I doubt it.

lol

ain't happening talith

just give up

her design is too stupid

• Options
    Let's see how stupid we can take this.

She maintains a minimum amount of edge after being out of combat for X seconds, enough to use W and E which cost edge to use. Attacking after each Q gains her more edge while in combat. Her W now tosses in a thin strait line one of her sword shards, and it eats projectiles because she has wind envy and Certainly T got involved. Shards persist for X amount of time and she can walk over to collect them like Olaf axes to regain edge and lower the cooldown. E can be used as long as she has the edge to do so. Activating ult draws all the shards towards her and does bonus damage based on edge so she has to pick either more shields or more damage.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    talith this is zanarkand level dreaming and it's painful to watch

• Options
    Let's laugh Orphane!

aaaaAA HA HA HA HA HA

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I like those IP snowball icons.

Should we all go about adding each other ingame so we can have epic snowball gift-fight when the time comes?

Edit: Ashe needs to run the mastery for +aspd and health on crits, there's no excuse when she's rolling for crit that often.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Some very interesting comments from NME here regarding the often asked question of revenue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3tyxz0/are_any_lcs_team_owners_willing_to_discuss_where/

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    some decent systematic changes

i can see promo helper easing a lot of the major pain coming from having to deal with promo series cause fuck those

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-523-notes

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Some very interesting comments from NME here regarding the often asked question of revenue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3tyxz0/are_any_lcs_team_owners_willing_to_discuss_where/

The problem is the revenue sources. It's still reliant on a purse system, even with the Riot stipend and the sponsorship bank. In established sports, sponsorship money is spread league wide, and there are several other sources of split income: gate, concessions and broadcast rights. It's great that Riot has established a powerhouse e-sports brand, now they need to make it equitable for all involved, and reduce the divide between top tier and bottom tier teams.

Also, a little more protection for the players.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Riven and Nidale buffs...

... and Swain, nerf, of all people?

... why?

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Because Riven and Nidalee have abysmal win rates at under 44% each and Swain is wrecking nerds at just shy of 55% win rate

"We've felt Swain's been borderline too strong for a long time, but his low play and ban rate have been a deciding factor in leaving him as is and keeping an eye on him. We're now seeing him perform really well post preseason changes, so feel we need to take some power off him. Current thinking (still going through testing, so not a locked change yet), is that as a sustained damage, drain mage-tank, that CC's the best strength to hit, hence the change to Nevermove so it's got a lower duration at lower ranks."

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    A champion that forces the enemy ADC to forgo the +15% damage item in favor of the self heal reduction is always going to be strong. The tank on your team just got 15% more effective HP

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Poppy rework preview is up. Looks nice! Looking forward to this for sure.

http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update-poppy-keeper-hammer

That's an eeeeeeenteresting new ult. And her new lore fluff is good. I like it.

Also that feeling when you aren't doing anything of note in your fields of interest and you see fellow r/kappa posters getting hired by rito. /sadpanda.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    I like what I'm seeing. She even has a cute little Captain America passive.

I wonder if that anti-dash border prevents escaping as well.

Also, I see they decided to keep nightmare loli-poppy as part of the new candy splash.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    need to know ratios and numbers

is she switching over to ad with these or is she going to be ap like old poppy

rip devastating blow stacking with triforce for burst

also that anti-dash barrier lel

• Options
    The terrain created by Cataclysm is fantastic for charging heroically into

kappa

• Options
    And with good use of her W she can prevent other people from entering as well. Does Tumble count? Because I want to see Vayne finally unable to escape cataclysm.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I like that she has a way to stick to targets like old Poppy, and now she can peel, CC and punt fools straight out of a teamfight.

• Options
    hmm

heroic charge is phys dmg now based on the description but presence does magic damage to people who dash into it

not enough info

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    The first time an enemy Poppy hammers me halfway across the map back to my base, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

• Options
    And with good use of her W she can prevent other people from entering as well. Does Tumble count? Because I want to see Vayne finally unable to escape cataclysm.

you say that as if people can't just sometimes slip through or ghost through Cataclysm without needing to dash lol

now that i think about it need to test Phantom Dancer to see if that ghost effect allows people to walk through Cataclysm

• Options
    So many lives are going to be saved on the enemy team thanks to that ult.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options

Lol yeah. I would think you punt the enemy tank, or CC, or maybe the most fed champion out of the fight to make the fight easier on your side?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    holy shit they redid each of her splashes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I finally have a reason to buy Poppy.

• Options
    And they all look amazing, even the shoutout to old splash on Lollipoppy. I really like her base one, though. I think the general idea of the hammer not being originally intended for her, and thus oversized is a good look.

• Options
    I was going to buy Illaoi today, but I might hold off until Poppy rework releases and buy that instead. Poppy can jungle also apparently and I'd rather have two roles to play that champ in rather than top only for Illaoi. Although I don't even know why I'm quibbling. I own Talon and Jayce and skins for each and have never played either in a single non-bots game.

• Options
    holy shit they redid each of her splashes

i guess that means we gotta let the splash art team off the hook for not updating as many old splash arts as they could have

• Options

Lol yeah. I would think you punt the enemy tank, or CC, or maybe the most fed champion out of the fight to make the fight easier on your side?

honestly you just punt whoever: got the frontline? charge their backline. got the backline? kill the frontline because numbers advantage trumps almost everything

but i bet with this rework there's going to be a huge rash of bad decisionmaking to be made

• Options
    I wonder how the passive works. Is it like Gangplank's in which once the passive is ready you just click on a target and if they are not in range you throw the shield?

• Options
    I wonder how the passive works. Is it like Gangplank's in which once the passive is ready you just click on a target and if they are not in range you throw the shield?

it should just be a ranged autoattack instead of a melee, so whenever you're in range for it you'll throw the shield if it's active and melee whenever it's not

• Options
    I was going to buy Illaoi today, but I might hold off until Poppy rework releases and buy that instead. Poppy can jungle also apparently and I'd rather have two roles to play that champ in rather than top only for Illaoi. Although I don't even know why I'm quibbling. I own Talon and Jayce and skins for each and have never played either in a single non-bots game.

I haven't checked any of the info for Poppy since I'm on mobile, so I don't know if they're increasing her price at all but. She's 450 IP. I don't think any other reworked champ saw a price increase but I think I've owned all of them already so I didn't pay attention.

butts
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Hammers > tentacles any day.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »

it should just be a ranged autoattack instead of a melee, so whenever you're in range for it you'll throw the shield if it's active and melee whenever it's not

I would prefer it work that way. I would hate to throw the shield automatically when in pointblank range just because it was active. If it only throws on ranged clicks then you can actually use it to finish off fleeing enemies after your CC wears off and they start getting away.