As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Under[chat]

kedinikkedinik Captain of IndustryRegistered User regular
edited October 2015 in Debate and/or Discourse
I heard Undertale was a good game so I watched the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hojv0m3TqA

The trailer was kind of cute but very confusing, so I asked chatters what the game was like.

P10, that baka, said it was "good" and also weird. I bought the game based on that glowing and detailed review.

It turns out that Undertale is a very cute game about the power of love. Violence is possible, but pacifism is encouraged.

tu9k18slte2j.jpg

You meet many amusing characters as you attempt to escape a cavern full of monsters and return to your home.

5fj3cy3qtvqi.jpg

The game's sense of humor reminds me of Breath of Death VII, and the plot reminds me of Cave Story, another cute game.

It's great! Thanks a lot P10.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
kedinik on

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Undertale is the greatest game I have played this year.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    :+1:

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Good OP, 10/10 would post in this thread again.

Shower time!

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    fuck everything about college groups that want to go above and beyond for all the assignments

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Got offered weed three times in a ten minute walk whilst wearing an NYPD hoody.

This triggers the @skippydumptruck

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    fuck everything about college

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »

This triggers the

Due to state legalization, skippy is neck deep in dank buds tho

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

This triggers the @skippydumptruck

where was this

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    fuck everything about college groups that want to go above and beyond for all the assignments

I don't go above and beyond. I just call that, "Being Me"

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I heard Undertale was a good game so I watched the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hojv0m3TqA

The trailer was kind of cute but very confusing, so I asked chatters what the game was like.

P10, that baka, said it was "good" and also weird. I bought the game based on that glowing and detailed review.

It turns out that Undertale is a very cute game about the power of love. Violence is possible, but pacifism is encouraged.

tu9k18slte2j.jpg

You meet many amusing characters as you attempt to escape a cavern full of monsters and return to your home.

5fj3cy3qtvqi.jpg

The game's sense of humor reminds me of Breath of Death VII, and the plot reminds me of Cave Story, another cute game.

It's great! Thanks a lot P10.
    Did you get the true pacifist ending yet?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I slept til noon, made sausage and eggs for breakfast, it's 75 degrees out which feels amazing after a summer of 95 degree weather.

This is a good Sunday.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I was hoping for chatting about underboob.

0/10

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    10jx41aermy2.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    mim wrote:
    escape from seattle!
    J4LrfoX.jpg

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

This triggers the

Due to state legalization, skippy is neck deep in dank buds tho

Now I'm not saying that skippy was so bad at getting a hook up he had to campaign to change state law, but experts say it's possible.

RE: Nexus. London ends.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Undertale was too cute, I couldn't bring myself to have a Bad Time with it.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    It is a surprising pain in the ass to create an account and upload content to a torrent tracker nowadays.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I was hoping for chatting about underboob.

0/10
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    It is a surprising pain in the ass to create an account and upload content to a torrent tracker nowadays.

does the captcha ask if you're a cop

if you are you have to tell it

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The screenshots from Undertale have turned me off so hard that I probably won't play it unless it somehow arrives in my steam library by magic.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    spool32 wrote: »
    The screenshots from Undertale have turned me off so hard that I probably won't play it unless it somehow arrives in my steam library by magic.

I wish I could afford to buy it and send it to you as a joke in response

Then I'd also have to add you to my friends list though and oh my god this is so much effort I'll just nap instead

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »

does the captcha ask if you're a cop

if you are you have to tell it

First site, create account, upload -> "Tell us in plain English what you intend to upload". Ok, personal DJ mixes and some audio clips.
    response after several hours: "Too vague, we need file names. Retry in 3 days and do not contact staff in the mean time."

Second site disables upload for 1 hour after new account creation which is more reasonable but still

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Undertale uses it's pixel art style pretty well; it isn't an old console game and can do lighting tricks or adjustments to sprites that just work to draw emphasis as being interesting or different than expected given the artstyle.

I would definitely buy Undertale. It's worth it.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Barf, my planned LPN programme seems to have vanished. New one is much longer n' more espensiv. Anyone wanna gimme $2000? :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options

It's a game full of Dad jokes. It's right up your alley.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I don't have a strong desire to play Undertale right now, which means I'll definitely pick it up during the next Steam seasonal sale.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i will get undertale at some point i think

also maybe soma

also maybe until dawn

• Options
    I played the first 10 minutes or so of Undertale. Seems good, I'll definitely finish it!

*never plays it again*

• Options
    dis pixelism

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Then I'd also have to add you to my friends list though and oh my god this is so much effort I'll just nap instead

omg I don't have you on friends?! I searched for shivhan and found somebody in canada that's not you this is an outrage

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    i will get undertale at some point i think

also maybe soma

also maybe until dawn

Yeah, Until Dawn, yeah. I should finish the last episode, so I could replay it twice.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

It's a game full of Dad jokes. It's right up your alley.

ahahahaa omg ok opinion changed.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    undertale is good and has good music and you should play it

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

omg I don't have you on friends?! I searched for shivhan and found somebody in canada that's not you this is an outrage

maybe I AM CANADA

Alternatively, my profile's set to private and if you want to add me your best bet is to go through one of your family members

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    so I'm playing DayZ

a thing to understand is in the most recent patch to DayZ, they outright removed zombies from the game. They acknowledge that the zombies are so horribly busted they're just redoing them from the ground up so they've just removed them from the game for the time being and right now the only real monster... is Man.

it gives the game an even more stark and lonely feel, because cities are completely free of any threat except for other players... who could be lurking in any building, behind any shadow, etc.

so I'm playing last night and I'm in Zeleno and I'm upstairs in a cafe. There's like 8 people on this entire server, and none of them seem to be in Zeleno. I feel pretty comfortable going AFK to take a piss (logging off and logging back in is a pain in the ass, it'd be faster to just AFK). So I shut the door of the upstairs room I'm in, which has no windows, and go take a piss.

When I come back, I hear heavy breathing. The kind your character in DayZ makes if he's been sprinting for a while. I haven't been sprinting, I've been standing still for a few minutes. This isn't me, but it's coming from inside the house.

I quietly draw my revolver, and stand perfectly still. A single footstep could tip the other guy off that there's someone in the building. I aim at the door and wait. I hear footsteps through the building as he moves around, and then he eventually opens the door.

BLAM! BLAM BLAM!

He's dead. I go over to make sure. Unfortunately, my shots ripped through most of his gear, ruining it, so I didn't get much to show for it. He was armed (had a double barrel shotgun) but didn't have it out. I guess he wasn't expecting to find another player in Zeleno.

Well, neither was I.

• Options

maybe I AM CANADA

Alternatively, my profile's set to private and if you want to add me your best bet is to go through one of your family members

or you could just add realspool32 instead of being such a lazybones

• Options

maybe I AM CANADA

Are you seriously challenging me to a lazy off

This is unwise, spool, you'll get torn to pieces!

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

maybe I AM CANADA

very, very slowly

• Options
    Pony wrote: »

maybe I AM CANADA

very, very slowly

When I get around to it

This discussion has been closed.