As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cam Newton is the Santa of the [NFL]

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Dat broken tackle...

Really, that was pretty damn good. Also lol at Rex's reaction; that was pure hilarity.

Fawst on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    He was sniffing the breakage of their undefeated season and that's gonna be a lot harder now.

• Options
    What.

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ, inadvertent whistle?

• Options
    That...that's some bullshit.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    yeah lets boo an injured player. stay classy massholes

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    That...that's some bullshit.

There was no sound at the bar, but I don't think any was needed to hear whatever bullshit excuse the ref had for coughing into his whistle. It's like watching the refs from Semi-Pro trying to call foul on an alley-oop, baffled by the sport they're officiating. Even if we get out of here with a win, I'll still be pissed at this call.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Wow, really, he rolled out untouched they shoulda given em the last play there. Oh well.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Hand isn't down, either, you can push with your hand. Should've been one more play.

Goose! on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    that was one of the worst officiated games i've ever seen

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    What was that? Not that they would have won or anything but...he rolled out of bounds untouched with two seconds left.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Lost by just under 3 points in my brother's league thanks to that interception Brady threw.

Goose! on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    missed field goal and muffed punt.. those were killers. too much to overcome in a winnable game

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I've never seen a team get so blatantly jobbed by refs than that final Bills drive

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Also, don't they usually stop the clock while they sort out the pile on a loose ball and then run it again it once it's figured out? They just let it run.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I've never seen a team get so blatantly jobbed by refs than that final Bills drive

besides the free time out they got because of a blatantly bad spot

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    For some reason I *think* if you go out of bounds while going backwards the clock doesn't stop (not like running backwards, just going towards your own end zone).

• Options
    Ardol wrote: »
    For some reason I *think* if you go out of bounds while going backwards the clock doesn't stop (not like running backwards, just going towards your own end zone).

yeah they ruled his forward progress stopped i guess

he was moving backwards but because of his position it was more sideways

i've never seen a player not get the benefit of the doubt there

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    Ardol wrote: »

That's what I'm seeing but that seems like such a judgement call. It all has to do with forward progress but if a back or a scrambling QB gains yards and then steps back a bit to go out of bounds untouched does the clock still run?

• Options
    He intentionally put himself down, play is over at that point.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    ahahhahahahahhahahaha fuck, the next MNF is Ravens/Browns

who's fucking ready for schaub to lose to manziel :(

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm struggling to remember the last time MNF wasn't a joke.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

He's trying to use his Sith powers to escape from a hellish game.

Also, the Patriots are down to two wide receivers potentially, one of whom was just called up from the practice squad. Brady had none of the WRs he started the season with out there at the end last night.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

It's not as big of a joke as TNF, that's an abomination of football.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Toucher and Rich (Boston morning drive) were talking about how the product right now is garbage. They're not wrong.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

the first game between the Packers and the Brett Favre Vikings was an MNF game I believe and it was pretty good

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Game quality aside, I understand time zones and whatnot but it seems like poor planning when the primary audiences of the two teams playing are forced to stay up until past midnight on a Monday night. They either need to trim out some commercial breaks (gasp!) or have some more efficient officiating because that was far too late.

Game quality was terrible though. The combination of the injuries on the Patriots, weird decisions on the Bills and the horrible, horrible calls and delays by the reps was just painful.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I would LOVE for MNF to start at 7:00

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    even just starting at 8 would be nice. I get that west coast MNFers are gonna miss maybe the first quarter, but I haven't seen a 4th quarter yet because I gotta get up in the morning for work.

Same goes for Sunday and Thursday. And Sunday has no excuse, late games rarely go past 7:30, never past 8.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It's too bad that they couldn't accept a slight tape delay. If you gave the west coast MNF with no pre-game crap, no half time reporting and maybe one less commercial break you could start the game at 7 or 7:30 eastern, keep the west coast start time the same as it is now, and by the start of the 3rd I'd bet they would be caught up to live action.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    ahahhahahahahhahahaha fuck, the next MNF is Ravens/Browns

who's fucking ready for schaub to lose to manziel :(

Me.

I am.

• Options
    May have spoken too soon. Pettine considering benching Manziel on MNF after video of him partying and drinking over the weekend went viral

So strong chance schaub loses to mccown instead

yay?

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I thought east coasters just stayed up until 1am on the reg, and then rolled into work at like 9am.

Isn't that how everyone lives over there?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy shit! I beat Bogey by .4 points in the Ultimate league.

That's with TJ Yates and Mark Sanchez as my starting QBs

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    May have spoken too soon. Pettine considering benching Manziel on MNF after video of him partying and drinking over the weekend went viral

So strong chance schaub loses to mccown instead

yay?

I think that's bullshit. If the dude wants to party on his days off then let him.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    There are no days off. He should be practicing 25 hours a day. The same as all of his other teammates do, I'm sure.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    I thought east coasters just stayed up until 1am on the reg, and then rolled into work at like 9am.

Isn't that how everyone lives over there?

I wish

• Options
    It looks bad because that's why he checked into rehab, and he swore he wouldn't do it again. He doesn't look like he'll last long on the team at least, and with how untrustworthy he's been on-field and off-field, wouldn't surprise me if he's out of the league altogether in a few years.

This discussion has been closed.