As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Love] threads sends its thoughts, prayers, and cheesecakes to Angelina

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Is financial domination actually a thing? It sounds like something someone made up in a genius move of "If I tell someone this is a fetish surely there would be someone willing to try it and then I get free money without even having to meet someone in person..."

Yes.
    I really don't understand it
    It's one of those things I just cannot figure out yet everytime I see it I end up trying to find out more about it

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    maybe you'll meet a nice apple farmer back in Somerset

settle down, raise some pigs

Down at the old pig and apple orchard do the pigs stuff the apple in their mouth and then climb onto the spit? Because that sounds too adorable to cook.

But pig is also delicious...
    c2P8Ijth.jpg

I'd still rather not

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Is financial domination actually a thing? It sounds like something someone made up in a genius move of "If I tell someone this is a fetish surely there would be someone willing to try it and then I get free money without even having to meet someone in person..."

Yes.
    It's one of those things I just cannot figure out yet everytime I see it I end up trying to find out more about it

Man this is gonna get weird super fast huh

Spoiler-ed for people who don't wanna read about fetishes
    For submissives, its a form of worship for a domme.

For me the "give money to someone you've never met" thing is weird, but I get it because I have engaged in financial play with a domme before. Its just another way of the domme asserting dominance and the submissive showing he/she is under the domme's power. The fact that this worship costs you financially can make it more intense.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Yes.

For me the "give money to someone you've never met" thing is weird, but I get it because I have engaged in financial play with a domme before. Its just another way of the domme asserting dominance and the submissive showing he/she is under the domme's power. The fact that this worship costs you financially can make it more intense.

That's why I cannot figure it out

• Options

Yes.

But... I just explained it?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna say financial domination is probably just a reinterpretation of the sugar daddy dynamic, for some. I mean, I have to assume that, like all domination, there's plenty of discussion before and during, so there's probably a budget involved, more or less (I hope!) so I can kinda see that.

It's kinda like "topping from the bottom" meets sugar daddy, in a way. I guess.

idfktbh

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Vice has a documentary on financial domination on Youtube

There's nothing else in our societies which is so inherently connected with personal power like money and giving up money means giving up power

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Do your work!

I submitted all my work since September yesterday and it was Stressful. If you were local we could totes study.

Liiya I've been meaning to ask actually, what's your field of study? Just in case my architecture mates know of anything that might be interesting/helpful.

Landscape architecture!

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Geomancy at Hogwarts

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Geomancy at Hogwarts

Otherwise known as dat posh sort o' magicked bricklayin' wot makes the stairs move around all clicky like on dey own, gov'.

488W936.png
  • Options

Yes.

You did by why people get sexually excited for it is one of those things I don't understand

• Options

Yes.

You did by why people get sexually excited for it is one of those things I don't understand

Because some people get excited by being under someone else's control/power

its the same as pretty much any sort of BDSM thing

• Options

Yes.

I understand the BDSM as that is a physical thing
    But getting off handing money or buying things for people you don't know is one of those weird things I just don't get as there is no Physical contact as far as I know it's all a mental thing

• Options

Yes.

But getting off handing money or buying things for people you don't know is one of those weird things I just don't get as there is no Physical contact as far as I know it's all a mental thing

I mean yes

But a huge portion of arousal and attraction does not involve physical contact?

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

Yes.

Sexual preferences are often not easy to understand, hence the wide array of phobias some people have for LGBT people, or the misconceptions that often surround kinky lifestyles and polyamory.

It should always be our imperative to try and understand as much as we can, however, so as to avoid falling into the pitfalls of fear and hatred borne of ignorance which cause those people to suffer.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote: »

It should always be our imperative to try and understand as much as we can, however, so as to avoid falling into the pitfalls of fear and hatred borne of ignorance which cause those people to suffer.

This is one of the lessons my mother really did teach to my brothers and I

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I had a sugar momma for about 6 months. I still can't believe how spoiled I was at the time.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

Yes.

Mental things are a huge part of sexual attraction, and, well, sex in general. The degree to which mental vs. physical stimulation is important varies from person to person, but most people need some combination of the two, and some people need way more on the mental side than physical even. Figuring out that balance for both yourself and your partner(s) is an important aspect of a healthy sexual relationship.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Geomancy at Hogwarts

Otherwise known as dat posh sort o' magicked bricklayin' wot makes the stairs move around all clicky like on dey own, gov'.

Do you guys try and pull out this sort of thing with other dialects of english or is it exclusively UK and Australian?
    Cause it would be pretty offensive for say, India.

• Options
    Geomancy at Hogwarts

Do you guys try and pull out this sort of thing with other dialects of english or is it exclusively UK and Australian?

If you'd like to hear a french canadian perform the most hilarious attempt at a US Southern Baptist Preacher ever I can hook you up

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I find UK and Australians doing bad American accents to be extremely funny, I can only imagine a French Canadian doing the same is also funny!

• Options
    Geomancy at Hogwarts

If you'd like to hear a french canadian perform the most hilarious attempt at a US Southern Baptist Preacher ever I can hook you up

I actually really, really would.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    I had a sugar momma for about 6 months. I still can't believe how spoiled I was at the time.

How did that start?

I'm honestly curious about the whole thing but if you don't want to get into it, I completely understand.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Geomancy at Hogwarts

teenagers with attitude: a force for good

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Geomancy at Hogwarts

I do this sort of thing with American dialects all the time, for fun. Indian English, never, because it would be more offensive and other people I know are better at simulating Indian accented English (and I don't mean the stereotypical version of that either) as well as the fact that my sister is dating an Indian man.

I guess the difference, especially with the UK versions of English like Scottish accented English, is because I feel more agency and affinity surrounding those versions of English because of my Scottish Canadian heritage, even though I don't know nearly as much about the idiosyncrasies of that speech as I'd like. It's playful ribbing on something that I only know of through grandparents and observation from far away.

Basically, Canadian English is boring and unaccented near as any version of English can be, and I wish it had more flavour if that makes sense.

488W936.png
  • Options
    I find UK and Australians doing bad American accents to be extremely funny, I can only imagine a French Canadian doing the same is also funny!

Having met many French Canadians, I can say for certainty that them attempting to do any English accent from anywhere would be worth paying money to hear, especially if they are from up north or along the St. Lawrence river.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Basically, Canadian English is boring and unaccented near as any version of English can be, and I wish it had more flavour if that makes sense.

hahahahahaha oh god no it ain't.

edit: if you want to feel exotic just go to australia for a while. We love canadians.

tynic on
  • Options
    Look, if anyone wants to buy me a lot of stuff and never really meet me, I'm fine with it.

Just let me know

• Options
    Geomancy at Hogwarts

I actually really, really would.

https://youtu.be/jO1ZQVlMuOk?t=444

@Simben can oblige you, the bit starts at 7:24

• Options

Perhaps in other parts of Canada, but around here in almost rural southern Ontario, it's pretty boring.

I might just be used to it.

488W936.png
  • Options

Perhaps in other parts of Canada, but around here in almost rural southern Ontario, it's pretty boring.

As someone who's managed to accidentally remove like 90% of their native phoneme markings, it's worth hanging onto just so when someone says "Say something super canadian" you don't find yourself faking your own accent.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

You're probably just used to it.

But remember, this is Canadian also.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqLuIXwsLDw

• Options

edit: if you want to feel exotic just go to australia for a while. We love canadians.

I'd love to visit Aus someday, especially during this time of the year what with it being basically summer for Christmas as I understand it.

And the fact that your toilets flush the other direction. Madness.

Shame about the government though.

488W936.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Look, if anyone wants to buy me a lot of stuff and never really meet me, I'm fine with it.

Just let me know

I'm going to send you one stink lizard per day for the next thousand days.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    But is Midwestern American the weirdest accent?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

Just let me know

I'm going to send you one stink lizard per day for the next thousand days.

Is that slang for a 100 dollar bill?

• Options

I'd love to visit Aus someday, especially during this time of the year what with it being basically summer for Christmas as I understand it.

this is a myth, sadly.

But yes, summer Christmas is the greatest invention ever.

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »

You're probably just used to it.

But remember, this is Canadian also.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqLuIXwsLDw

Oh I know, Newfies are a hoot. French, Scottish, Irish, English and Native languages all smushed together into a rainbow of puttin' da ol' slut on, an puttin' da wood in da 'ole afore we 'ave a good yarn.

488W936.png
  • Options

this is a myth, sadly.

But yes, summer Christmas is the greatest invention ever.

WHAT?!

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I spent a summer christmas in Goa once.

It was great.

Karl was sitting on beach drinking mojitos. Drunk as a lord.

This discussion has been closed.