As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UNLIMITED C4 (Just Cause 3)

1235»

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I've noticed the load times get worse the longer I play, if I use fast travel, and after I die. Restarting or retrying a challenge doesn't take as long.

I try not to use fast travel because I can usually just go to the place in less time than it takes to load, or even if it takes longer I'm actually playing instead of watching loading screens.

Also there is a thread in G&T that is a bit more active than this one if you're looking for activity.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This has settled nicely into my "I have 20 minutes before work" game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I'm playing off an SSD and the load times occasionally stretch into the mildly annoying range of 30-45 seconds; I can't imagine playing this game on console. Shit seems like it would be unbearable.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Unlocking 4 tethers did a lot to boost the fun for me, but yeah, I'm kinda hoping there's an optimisation patch in the pipeline so the framerate doesn't chug.

• Options
    I've recently had better load times on the PS4 while connected to the network.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I have a question about this game

Are there enough activities that you can do average at a lot of them and unlock all of the upgrades, or would you have to get all five gears or whatever in every activity to unlock them all

The latter would keep me from buying this game tbh

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I think you can get by with average scores if you do them all but you might have to grab a few extra gears to unlock the last few upgrades. Also, the gear upgrades you can get are tied to the challenges you do.

Air races give you flying upgrades, boat races give you boat upgrades, land races give you land vehicle upgrades.

so if you want to upgrade a particular thing, you have to do the challenge associated with that thing.

Also: some of the later upgrades (turbo especially) will give you a better chance of getting 5 gears on challenges

knitdan on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Good!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Downloaded the patch on XBONE, early impressions are 'ehhhhh'. The frame-rate seems a little better, and loading into a challenge for the first time was much faster, but all other load times seemed the same to me.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    On PS4 the patch seems to have improved the load times by quite a bit. Initial load is still long, but loads after death or retrying challenges are worlds faster.

There still seem to be a few crash bugs, though.