As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] I'm thankful for Pax Arcadia.

• Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I wish exotics would take on your dye job honestly. It's the worst on a titan because they have some great arm armor, but it ends up making your outfit look wonky as fuck.

i thought they changed it so they did now?

at least somewhat

Year one exotics now mostly take shaders. Year two exotics do not. That's why I was saying to wait til Year three, so our Y2 exotics will take shaders and we can be disappointed that our Y3 exotics rebuff shaders.

I had assumed this was to give us a chance to associate the exotic perks with the exotic looks of the new exotics. We have had a year to do this with many of the more popular exotics from the base game, so the color scheme is no longer as important an indicator. This was the rationale I invented on behalf of Bungie to explain away the decision. Exotic.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    This whole discussion reminds me

What are people doing, sunsinger wise? In PVP and PVE, what are the main builds and stuff?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

What are people doing, sunsinger wise? In PVP and PVE, what are the main builds and stuff?

They aren't? I mean warlocks are locked into palpatine as soon as they hit the crucible button.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

They aren't? I mean warlocks are locked into palpatine as soon as they hit the crucible button.

I rock Voidwalker in Crucible almost exclusively.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, I never see the other subclasses unless its me. I like sunsinger a lot. And the delightful burning everything.

And radiance in mayhem us the best thing ever.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I Sunsinger myself, with Heart of Praxic Fire. Some warlocks just want to set the world on fire, and more importantly, the opposing team. Now that I have an Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju, I might try void.

Seen on reddit: New elite controller deletes dude's hunter after he sets it down on something or other?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3qonlu/my_elite_controller_deleted_my_309_hunter_and_my/

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

Crucible Sunsinger

PvE Sunsinger

Once Y2 Sunbreakers is released, I'd strongly consider switching to Solar Grenades over Firebolt for the Crucible build, though I'd have to test it

Maddoc on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    This is absolutely insane and awesome

http://www.destinytrialsreport.com/

You type in the name of one of your opponents once it matchmakes you and it spits out every piece of info you'd want to know about the team you're going up against

Prob easy to game just by having weird stuff equipped and changing as you load in, but... it's still super cool

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So I realized something today...

Why the hell isnt there a grenade launcher special weapon? First upgrade slot changes the type of nade it fires based on the damage type of the gun.

Maybe the nades aren't as powerful as actual or the clip size is tiny to prevent spam.

But I want to shoot trip mines out of my shotgun and I'm sad I can't.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

Why the hell isnt there a grenade launcher special weapon? First upgrade slot changes the type of nade it fires based on the damage type of the gun.

Maybe the nades aren't as powerful as actual or the clip size is tiny to prevent spam.

would seem more like a heavy option to me.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Are we still spoilering basic raid mechanics? I saw this tip on reddit and thought it was clever.

Golgoroth:
    Drop shadowshot - Black Hole on the ground right in front of your team. Done correctly, this will not only tether Golgoroth for increased damage, but also tether the adds (both cursed thralls and taken towards the end of the fight) causing them to cower in fear (no damage) for it's duration.

And since I'm already talking about Golgy, I'll share what I refer to as the @Arteen strat. I don't know if he read about it somewhere else or if he thought of this on his own, but he deserves credit as far as I'm concerned. =) If you're familiar with the ping-pong or one-pool strats, it's very similar to both.
    Setup:
    1x Primary Gazeholder
    1x Secondary Gazeholder
    4x Pool Team (usually with 1 or 2 people flagged to control Cursed/Taken Thralls when needed)
    1. Start encounter.
    2. Clear adds.
    3. Secondary Gazeholder grabs Golgy's attention (shoots him in the back)
    4. Primary Gazeholder gets in position while Pool Team drops a bubble and gets in.
    5. Primary Gazeholder grabs Golgy's attention - this gives the pool team a full 18sec+ to shoot the belly.
    6. Repeat Steps #3-5 x2 before hopping out of the floor area to clear adds again (goto Step #2).

Secondary Gazeholder can jump in the pool to put some shots in on Golgy during Pool #3.

I'd recommend starting at L1 then moving to L2, then L3; this way your pool team is further away from the cursed thrall spawns when they start spawning.

If you're using this strat for HM, whoever gains the Unstable Light debuff has two options for where to run: entrance (off ground-floor) or tablet.

This strat requires less movement/coordination while maintaining the high damage of ping-pong.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »

would seem more like a heavy option to me.
    I think something like the Halo Concussion Rifle would probably make for a good class of special weapons. Or the Halo Reach grenade launcher, keeping the need for a point blank manual detonation to one-shot.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I guess it just reminds me of what Hiryu and I were saying during IB- strikers are actually weirdly better at defending points, whereas defenders are better at taking points

or, strikers are better at defending and defenders are better at striking

You mean, Defenders are better at annoying people when they walk up to points and put up their bubbles? :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Another Golgy strat I just saw on reddit. This one is weird.
    Super Crit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3qqi05/spoiler_golgoroth_super_crit_theory/
    Let me begin by saying this is still a Theory. Please help me prove this. Thanks.

WHERE IT STARTED
    It has been confirmed that a high impact critical hit on golgoroth's back while standing on the pool of reclaimed light does massive damage (I'm calling it SUPER CRIT). However, that would mean that you would also be taking golgoroth's gaze because you are shooting his back.

You get 10x damage with a critical hit to his back, and 10x damage for standing in the pool of reclaimed light. The damage with one sniper shot was around 600K without any modifiers (more on this later).

THE THEORY
    The goal is to have all but the current gaze holder (5 people) in the pool of reclaimed light and shoot him at the EXACT same time (firing squad style; with your highest impact weapon; Sleeper Simulants and snipers would be best. Rockets don't work.). Immediately after his back closes and begins to turn around, one of the 5 people standing in the pool will randomly get his gaze and needs to jump out and deal with the seeker axion bolts. The rest remain in the pool, wait till you see his belly, and DPS as normal until the INACTIVE gaze holder calls you to converge on the next pool and get ready to SUPER CRIT again.

This strategy means less belly DPS time per orb because you're heading off to the next orb with enough time to set up for the next SUPER BACK crit, but, you'll be able to get a higher overall DPS over one 6 orb phase if done correctly.

Potentially, with solar burn and weapons of light (see modifiers below), 5 guardians taking just one sniper or simulant shot at the exact same time could deal anywhere from 4 to 6 MILLION damage. That's almost half of golgoroth's life.

Help me prove this!

THE STRATEGY
    6 Orb Strategy with Gaze Holders Across from Each Other

To employ this method with uttermost smoothness, my best suggestion would be to do golgoroth as normal with a 6-orb strategy with gazers across from each other. We're just having the DPS team heading to the next pool of reclaimed light sooner and the INACTIVE gaze holder jumping down to also SUPER CRIT his back.

DPS Team
    Your role will be to go from pool to pool, SUPER CRIT his back (newly ACTIVE gaze holder jumps out¤¤), wait for golgoroth to face you, and DPS his belly as normal until the INACTIVE gaze holder calls out to converge on his position. On your way to the next orb, help with cursed thralls and setup gamage modifiers for the SUPER CRIT (see modifiers below). This goes without saying that you still need to always have either one designated cursed thrall guardian, or have the entire DPS working to kill them to avoid deaths.

ACTIVE Gaze Holder
    Immediately after the SUPER CRIT, his back will close and one of the 5 people standing in the pool will randomly¤¤ become the ACTIVE gaze holder. You need to jump out and deal with the seeker axion bolts. When 10 seconds remain, tell the DPS team to converge to the next pool of reclaimed light. Finally, begin to countdown at 5 seconds.

Meanwhile, the previous active gaze holder will become the INACTIVE gaze holder and needs to begin bursting the next orb across the room.

INACTIVE Gaze Holder
    The off-duty gaze person bursts the next bubble quickly, jumps down to the pool, helps with cursed thralls while waiting for everyone to gather, and then gives the SHOOT command at anytime during the 5 second countdown (preferably, wait until everyone is ready). Besides the timed shot, continue DPSing until his back closes, of course (1 second window).

FOOTNOTES
    ¤ Everyone needs to know how to do both ACTIVE and INACTIVE gaze duty.
    ¤¤ Everyone needs to check immediately after the SUPER CRIT to see who became the next gaze holder and jump out. You can tell you are the gaze holder if you acquire the countdown timer. However, who gets his gaze could be less random (too early to tell). For example, if it happens to be that the first shot that crits his back always gets his gaze, then the gaze holder will be the one that always says SHOOT, obviously taking his shot as he is saying it, thus guaranteeing he will get the gaze.

MODIFIERS
    Titan Subreaker - Solar Burn Melting Point - On your way to the next pool of reclaimed light, you will have to run by Golgoroth, giving you the opportunity to punch him and activate this modifier to increase the damage of the SUPER CRIT.
    Titan Defender - Weapons of Light - If you are a INACTIVE gaze holder, when you jump down you can activate the bubble next to the pool while waiting for the team to come to you. If you are part of the DPS team, you can run next to the next pool and deploy as quickly as possible so that everyone can have the modifier while setting up of the SUPER CRIT shot.
    Hunter Nightstalker - Shadowshot - If titan solar burn melting point is not active, then activate this right before the SUPER CRIT shot to increase the damage.

Potentially, with solar burn melting point and weapons of light, 5 guardians taking just one sniper or simulant shot at the exact same time could deal anywhere from 4 to 6 MILLION damage.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Erevar wrote: »
    Are we still spoilering basic raid mechanics? I saw this tip on reddit and thought it was clever.

Golgoroth:
    Drop shadowshot - Black Hole on the ground right in front of your team. Done correctly, this will not only tether Golgoroth for increased damage, but also tether the adds (both cursed thralls and taken towards the end of the fight) causing them to cower in fear (no damage) for it's duration.

And since I'm already talking about Golgy, I'll share what I refer to as the @Arteen strat. I don't know if he read about it somewhere else or if he thought of this on his own, but he deserves credit as far as I'm concerned. =) If you're familiar with the ping-pong or one-pool strats, it's very similar to both.
    Setup:
    1x Primary Gazeholder
    1x Secondary Gazeholder
    4x Pool Team (usually with 1 or 2 people flagged to control Cursed/Taken Thralls when needed)
    1. Start encounter.
    2. Clear adds.
    3. Secondary Gazeholder grabs Golgy's attention (shoots him in the back)
    4. Primary Gazeholder gets in position while Pool Team drops a bubble and gets in.
    5. Primary Gazeholder grabs Golgy's attention - this gives the pool team a full 18sec+ to shoot the belly.
    6. Repeat Steps #3-5 x2 before hopping out of the floor area to clear adds again (goto Step #2).

Secondary Gazeholder can jump in the pool to put some shots in on Golgy during Pool #3.

I'd recommend starting at L1 then moving to L2, then L3; this way your pool team is further away from the cursed thrall spawns when they start spawning.

If you're using this strat for HM, whoever gains the Unstable Light debuff has two options for where to run: entrance (off ground-floor) or tablet.

This strat requires less movement/coordination while maintaining the high damage of ping-pong.

That Arteen Golgy strat is legit. NATBurn used it for the first time on Tuesday and it felt way more controlled and optimized than any other strat I've seen.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    That seems like way more coordination than the normal perfectly fine strat and if one person is lagging you screw the whole thing up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Super Crit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3qqi05/spoiler_golgoroth_super_crit_theory/
    Let me begin by saying this is still a Theory. Please help me prove this. Thanks.

WHERE IT STARTED
    It has been confirmed that a high impact critical hit on golgoroth's back while standing on the pool of reclaimed light does massive damage (I'm calling it SUPER CRIT). However, that would mean that you would also be taking golgoroth's gaze because you are shooting his back.

You get 10x damage with a critical hit to his back, and 10x damage for standing in the pool of reclaimed light. The damage with one sniper shot was around 600K without any modifiers (more on this later).

THE THEORY
    The goal is to have all but the current gaze holder (5 people) in the pool of reclaimed light and shoot him at the EXACT same time (firing squad style; with your highest impact weapon; Sleeper Simulants and snipers would be best. Rockets don't work.). Immediately after his back closes and begins to turn around, one of the 5 people standing in the pool will randomly get his gaze and needs to jump out and deal with the seeker axion bolts. The rest remain in the pool, wait till you see his belly, and DPS as normal until the INACTIVE gaze holder calls you to converge on the next pool and get ready to SUPER CRIT again.

This strategy means less belly DPS time per orb because you're heading off to the next orb with enough time to set up for the next SUPER BACK crit, but, you'll be able to get a higher overall DPS over one 6 orb phase if done correctly.

Potentially, with solar burn and weapons of light (see modifiers below), 5 guardians taking just one sniper or simulant shot at the exact same time could deal anywhere from 4 to 6 MILLION damage. That's almost half of golgoroth's life.

Help me prove this!

THE STRATEGY

To employ this method with uttermost smoothness, my best suggestion would be to do golgoroth as normal with a 6-orb strategy with gazers across from each other. We're just having the DPS team heading to the next pool of reclaimed light sooner and the INACTIVE gaze holder jumping down to also SUPER CRIT his back.

DPS Team
    Your role will be to go from pool to pool, SUPER CRIT his back (newly ACTIVE gaze holder jumps out¤¤), wait for golgoroth to face you, and DPS his belly as normal until the INACTIVE gaze holder calls out to converge on his position. On your way to the next orb, help with cursed thralls and setup gamage modifiers for the SUPER CRIT (see modifiers below). This goes without saying that you still need to always have either one designated cursed thrall guardian, or have the entire DPS working to kill them to avoid deaths.

ACTIVE Gaze Holder
    Immediately after the SUPER CRIT, his back will close and one of the 5 people standing in the pool will randomly¤¤ become the ACTIVE gaze holder. You need to jump out and deal with the seeker axion bolts. When 10 seconds remain, tell the DPS team to converge to the next pool of reclaimed light. Finally, begin to countdown at 5 seconds.

Meanwhile, the previous active gaze holder will become the INACTIVE gaze holder and needs to begin bursting the next orb across the room.

INACTIVE Gaze Holder
    The off-duty gaze person bursts the next bubble quickly, jumps down to the pool, helps with cursed thralls while waiting for everyone to gather, and then gives the SHOOT command at anytime during the 5 second countdown (preferably, wait until everyone is ready). Besides the timed shot, continue DPSing until his back closes, of course (1 second window).

FOOTNOTES
    ¤¤ Everyone needs to check immediately after the SUPER CRIT to see who became the next gaze holder and jump out. You can tell you are the gaze holder if you acquire the countdown timer. However, who gets his gaze could be less random (too early to tell). For example, if it happens to be that the first shot that crits his back always gets his gaze, then the gaze holder will be the one that always says SHOOT, obviously taking his shot as he is saying it, thus guaranteeing he will get the gaze.

MODIFIERS
    Titan Subreaker - Solar Burn Melting Point - On your way to the next pool of reclaimed light, you will have to run by Golgoroth, giving you the opportunity to punch him and activate this modifier to increase the damage of the SUPER CRIT.
    Titan Defender - Weapons of Light - If you are a INACTIVE gaze holder, when you jump down you can activate the bubble next to the pool while waiting for the team to come to you. If you are part of the DPS team, you can run next to the next pool and deploy as quickly as possible so that everyone can have the modifier while setting up of the SUPER CRIT shot.
    Hunter Nightstalker - Shadowshot - If titan solar burn melting point is not active, then activate this right before the SUPER CRIT shot to increase the damage.

Potentially, with solar burn melting point and weapons of light, 5 guardians taking just one sniper or simulant shot at the exact same time could deal anywhere from 4 to 6 MILLION damage.

This sounds like something I would like to try in normal mode

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Hell on Earth is trying to complete the Feature Matches bounty in Zone Control with pubbies.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Hell on Earth is trying to complete the Feature Matches bounty in Zone Control with pubbies.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular

Others disagree, but feels kinda garbage tier if I'm not using it for wipe protection. The locks exotic scout is nice if holding super I suppose. Thing is, somewhere firebolt got nerfed hard making them pretty iffy in PvE.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have a feeling Sunsingers will still be popular in Trials. The have great grenades and of course, self-rez.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Super Crit?

WHERE IT STARTED

THE THEORY

Help me prove this!

THE STRATEGY

DPS Team

ACTIVE Gaze Holder

INACTIVE Gaze Holder

FOOTNOTES

MODIFIERS

Some of the commenters in the reddit thread or positing that this might be a key to a Challenge Mode version of Golgy. "Kill without losing his gaze," maybe?

I'm always up for trying new strats. =D

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Just re-dropping in the new thread, I have an Atheon CP for anyone still working the NTtE quest. Shoot me a message if you see me online.

awsimo on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Super Crit?

WHERE IT STARTED

THE THEORY

Help me prove this!

THE STRATEGY

DPS Team

ACTIVE Gaze Holder

INACTIVE Gaze Holder

FOOTNOTES

MODIFIERS

Some of the commenters in the reddit thread or positing that this might be a key to a Challenge Mode version of Golgy. "Kill without losing his gaze," maybe?

It seems to me that this would be terrible for that. Wouldn't everyone who hit him in the back get the gaze for a split second, basically making it a complete/near complete phase?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So if you're aiming for a strike specific drop, would you have better chances running the basic strike from the map over and over, or running Heroics and dealing with the chances of that strike showing up but having a better chance of the item dropping?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I play the heroic strike playlist a lot, I have gotten two of the three Flayer Mantles and the Warlock helm from SABER. I also got a few of the guns from each boss but, scrapped them since they didn't seem that special.

Also, I dropped that Warlock helm while playing Hunter, so you can get armor for other characters no matter who you're playing as.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    So if you're aiming for a strike specific drop, would you have better chances running the basic strike from the map over and over, or running Heroics and dealing with the chances of that strike showing up but having a better chance of the item dropping?

Higher drop rates in heroic but you it could be rare to run the map. Just run the basic strike over and over.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Super Crit?

WHERE IT STARTED

THE THEORY

Help me prove this!

THE STRATEGY

DPS Team

ACTIVE Gaze Holder

INACTIVE Gaze Holder

FOOTNOTES

MODIFIERS

It seems to me that this would be terrible for that. Wouldn't everyone who hit him in the back get the gaze for a split second, basically making it a complete/near complete phase?

I'd be a bit surprised if you could swap the gaze in between back openings. How it's allocated isn't known and would require testing.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Super Crit?

WHERE IT STARTED

THE THEORY

Help me prove this!

THE STRATEGY

DPS Team

ACTIVE Gaze Holder

INACTIVE Gaze Holder

FOOTNOTES

MODIFIERS

My guess is that if 5 people shoot him in the back at about the same time, it will give the gaze to the first person to do damage. The other 4 will just scurry over to the next pool.

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Guys guys guys! It took like 10 raids but I finally got the 1 item I wanted from the beginning!
    Thumbnail_Large.png

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Hey, Motorboat Kitten!

I'm really sorry for the short notice, but something's come up and I won't be able to make it to our Raid this afternoon. Good luck, please shoot Oryx in the face once for me!

@Erevar @jefe414 @Arteen @morgan_coke

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Brogey wrote: »
    Hey, Motorboat Kitten!

I'm really sorry for the short notice, but something's come up and I won't be able to make it to our Raid this afternoon. Good luck, please shoot Oryx in the face once for me!

Erevar jefe414 Arteen morgan_coke

All our best to Anna. =P

<3

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Guys guys guys! It took like 10 raids but I finally got the 1 item I wanted from the beginning!
    Thumbnail_Large.png

You're dead to me.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Super Crit?

WHERE IT STARTED

THE THEORY

Help me prove this!

THE STRATEGY

DPS Team

ACTIVE Gaze Holder

INACTIVE Gaze Holder

FOOTNOTES

MODIFIERS

Proof-of-concept screenshot.
    NOTE: He mentions the wipe screen showed a much lower number. There might be damage cap on his back crit. We need to make sure:
    1) Is there a damage cap on his back crit?
    2) If there is, what is it? and is this theory still worth it?

veog9Nl.jpg

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »

Others disagree, but feels kinda garbage tier if I'm not using it for wipe protection. The locks exotic scout is nice if holding super I suppose. Thing is, somewhere firebolt got nerfed hard making them pretty iffy in PvE.

?? Firebolt actually does like 2 more damage now if you're going viking funeral build and the burn last longer.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I Sunsinger myself, with Heart of Praxic Fire. Some warlocks just want to set the world on fire, and more importantly, the opposing team. Now that I have an Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju, I might try void.

Seen on reddit: New elite controller deletes dude's hunter after he sets it down on something or other?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3qonlu/my_elite_controller_deleted_my_309_hunter_and_my/

It's absurd that there is no way to recover a deleted character. Get with the times, Bungie.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I'd be amazed that they couldn't recover a deleted character.

I just imagine they don't want to open the door of customer service because then they can never close it.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

It's absurd that there is no way to recover a deleted character. Get with the times, Bungie.

didn't the say there were gonna introduce a system for recovering gear that was accidentally dismantled? i know that's not the same thing, but they can't even manage that i don't see lost characters happening,

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

The fact that the controller recorded it deleting his character leads me to believe it is possessed.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    This is absolutely insane and awesome

http://www.destinytrialsreport.com/

You type in the name of one of your opponents once it matchmakes you and it spits out every piece of info you'd want to know about the team you're going up against

Prob easy to game just by having weird stuff equipped and changing as you load in, but... it's still super cool

I used that at the beginning of every Trials match. It's a bit wonky because sometimes it's a match or two behind and the player's fireteam changed, but other than that it's great. I love knowing just how badly I'm about to lose!