As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] I'm thankful for Pax Arcadia.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I am randomly joining the tower and asking low level people if they wanna do the refer a friend quest today. It's as close as you can get to panhandling in Destiny *sigh*.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    sure would be cool if they'd fix the firefly bug

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

That still hasn't been fixed?

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

They said that they fixed it at least, if you are asking if the "fix" worked?

AchewoodWhoKnowsMan.jpg

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    You may think the best rewards from the refer a friend quest are the emblem or the sparrow.

You would be wrong:
    dVN7pF0.jpg

That's near enough a katana for me.

Also, @Varega was slightly reluctant about going into PvP but we needed a win to get the emblem so I twisted his arm... I may have given him the wrong impression about how these matches usually go...
    ffAXRAx.jpg
    Mercy rule activated

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2015
    You may think the best rewards from the refer a friend quest are the emblem or the sparrow.

You would be wrong:
    dVN7pF0.jpg

Also, @Varega was slightly reluctant about going into PvP but we needed a win to get the emblem so I twisted his arm... I may have given him the wrong impression about how these matches usually go...
    ffAXRAx.jpg
    Mercy rule activated

Do you get all three swords? or just one?

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    skyknyt wrote: »

You would be wrong:
    [snip]

[snip]
    Mercy rule activated

Just one, have to pick so I went Arc.

I don't know if I can repeat the quest on other characters or not... might have to refer two other people to get the solar and void ones.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    that sword is wayyyy cooler than the final fantasy ass regular ones

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Damn, guess I'll have to find a friend for this pyramid scheme referral program.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Wait what the hell?! There are unique weapons only available from the refer a friend stuff?!

F that

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Wait what the hell?! There are unique weapons only available from the refer a friend stuff?!

F that

There are also two emotes.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

F that

I've kind of swallowed the fact that emotes and shaders and emblems will be locked behind special stuff including pay gates.

Weapons and armor though, please no.

Plus I've referred a ton of people to play this game already. Ugh lame.

• Options
    edited November 2015

F that

I've kind of swallowed the fact that emotes and shaders and emblems will be locked behind special stuff including pay gates.

RAF also has the only new Sparrow since Dark Below (unless you count the Red Bull Swiftriver which... is not that interesting)

Sirialis on
  • Options

F that

I agree it is pretty lame.

To be fair to Bungie, they could argue that the sword is really only cosmetic. It works in exactly the same way as the other legendary swords: same animation, same stats, same perks.

It's a very fine line, and I don't think they appreciated how badly people would react to this pyramid scheme nonsense, especially when the game has already been out for a year. It's not really rewarding players that have been sherpas, it's saying "Hey, want this stuff? Make your friend buy Destiny."

• Options
    Yep. It is insanely hard to find new people who need it/ even know what the hell I am talking about

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

They said that they fixed it at least, if you are asking if the "fix" worked?

AchewoodWhoKnowsMan.jpg

not fixed as of like 11:00 this morning when I head shot a cabal legionnaire at point blank range

• Options
    I have been loading up patrol on earth and keep finding low level peeps...but none of them respond to my messages or invites.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    yeah it's kind of a lame time in the life cycle for a refer a friend program

all my friends who are gamers have either

a) already got Destiny

b) decided they aren't into Destiny

at this point I'd have to teach someone to play a dual stick shooter, teach them to give a shit about MMO mechanics and THEN refer them to destiny

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Do the level 5 and 10 suros

Get a load of this guy who wants to hang around in his own explosions

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Do the level 5 and 10 suros

Get a load of this guy who wants to hang around in his own explosions

Doesn't need to be your own explosions. We've had people crash out of raids because of other people's firefly.

Generally goes something like this:

'Wow, these explosions are so pretty.... oh wait shit'

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Challenge modes all require you to use firefly weapons. It's not a bug.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    i'm at the weird point where I want to play Destiny but I have nothing to do in Destiny.

I guess I should do Hard Mode Oryx one day.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Hrm.... that's irritating.

Just noticed that I did have the Sparrow S-31V on my Warlock... but I upgraded it pre TTK. I have the upgraded version unlocked in my collection but it hasn't unlocked the original rare item because upgrading it consumes it.

C'mon Bungie, can't you notice that I have the upgraded version and award the original rare sparrow to my collection. Same with the Jade Rabbit emblem, you know I've collected all the golden chests on the moon, so I must have had it at some point.

Edit:
    skyknyt wrote: »

Just jumped on my Hunter to check. The questline unlocks on all your characters. So you'd just need to run the quest again with your linked friend on different characters to be able to select a different elemental katana.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Got a FWC Shader today.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I have been loading up patrol on earth and keep finding low level peeps...but none of them respond to my messages or invites.

Creepy H Jay wants you to get in his van, kiddies. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Looking to do a post food coma nightfall or 2 if anyone is around a bit later (like 9:30 EST).

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I know the context and it still just sounds so wrong.

To Catch A Hunter, it just doesnt have the same ring to it.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Looking to do a post food coma nightfall or 2 if anyone is around a bit later (like 9:30 EST).

Yo. I should be around and I'm done trying to pub the sword strike for that after spending half an hour for a late joiner to come in and just beeline for killing the knight we needed. Blargh. Such horrible quest design.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I'm pissed about the refer a friend thing because my wife and I literally in the last few weeks bought her her own ps4 and destiny to play with me when I move.

In other news my wife hit level 40 and having a permanent 2-person fireteam is pretty great u guyz

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    I'm pissed about the refer a friend thing because my wife and I literally in the last few weeks bought her her own ps4 and destiny to play with me when I move.

In other news my wife hit level 40 and having a permanent 2-person fireteam is pretty great u guyz

Literally this for me, but replace ps4 with xbone and wife with girlfriend and brother

• Options
    does anyone know if refer a friend has to be a brand new account or can it be someone who hadn't bought TTK yet and hasn't played in y2?

I have a friend on each system this would apply to if I can get them to come back but if I can't get that sweet ass sparrow who needs friends?

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    I am fresh meat. I also have a friend waiting to play with me (we both finally upgraded to ps4 this week). Does anyone know exactly how referring works with respect to:

Can I refer him even though I am only going to play the game for the first time tomorrow?
    Can I be refered by someone AND refer him? Or is it a choose one kind of thing?
    Is any of the referring content specific to level 40, I saw a post inferring that (maybe the sword since it's a high light level)?
    If I can't do both, and/or some is level 40 specific, feel free to send me flowers and stuff and I'll be happy to help get someone a sparrow and maybe he will too.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    cncaudata wrote: »
    I am fresh meat. I also have a friend waiting to play with me (we both finally upgraded to ps4 this week). Does anyone know exactly how referring works with respect to:

Can I refer him even though I am only going to play the game for the first time tomorrow?
    Is any of the referring content specific to level 40, I saw a post inferring that (maybe the sword since it's a high light level)?
    If I can't do both, and/or some is level 40 specific, feel free to send me flowers and stuff and I'll be happy to help get someone a sparrow and maybe he will too.

You may have better luck splitting you guys up into 2 different refer things. So one person refers you, another refers the guy.
    Edit: Not to dissuade you from refering. Just from what I understand you get the same things being a referee as the referer. I could be mistaking in that though.

Radiation on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    cncaudata wrote: »

As long as you have a destiny account you can refer someone, the only restriction is how long ago the person that is getting referred started playing. If you get referred or refer someone else, it's the same quest either way (so consider helping a veteran guardian out with getting in on the quest action). I'm not sure how the whole double referral thing goes. You can definitely refer more than one guardian though, any guardian you do refer will be 'linked' and there'll be a little chain link icon in their name bar in your roster.

First couple of stages of the quest are doable at any level so long as you have access to a Patrol. Part 4 onwards requires you to be level 40+
    Full details:
    Part 1: Complete a story mission with a linked friend - Shader
    Part 2: Complete a patrol with a linked friend (6 patrol missions and 1 public event) - 1 telemetry of each type
    Part 3: Win a crucible match with a linked friend - Emblem
    Part 4: Reach level 40 and talk to the speaker in the tower. - Your choice of 3 elemental katanas
    Part 5: Do the daily mission with a linked friend - High five emote (designed to be done with two people at once I guess)

There'll be at least two other parts to receive another emote (dual dance) and a sparrow.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    Anyone else for nightfall? Message jfrofl on ps4 if so.

• Options
    does anyone know if refer a friend has to be a brand new account or can it be someone who hadn't bought TTK yet and hasn't played in y2?

I have a friend on each system this would apply to if I can get them to come back but if I can't get that sweet ass sparrow who needs friends?

From the blarg, it looks the the TTK ownership is the important part:

Referees are new players who are looking for a referral. Referees either don’t own Destiny: The Taken King, or have owned and played Destiny: The Taken King for less than 7 days. Please note, Bungie does not support console sharing features. Referees must have purchased Destiny: The Taken King under their personal PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account in order to participate

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hey, does anyone happen to know for sure or not, if I hold onto a few partially/mostly complete IB weekly bounties until the next IB, will their progress be reset, or will I be able to finish them off and turn them in then?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Hey, does anyone happen to know for sure or not, if I hold onto a few partially/mostly complete IB weekly bounties until the next IB, will their progress be reset, or will I be able to finish them off and turn them in then?

I know they carry over but I don't know if you'll have to start over with them or if it will let you complete them

completed ones can be turned in next time so there's some hope if that works the bounties can still be completed but I dunno

• Options

I actually was able to use this to help level all 3 to rank 5 relatively easily. Partial progress on weekly quests from last time made finishing them a lot easier this time around.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Cool, sounds good.

I just only played my hunter/warlock for IB this past week enough to hit rank 5 after my Titan had already done so. I didn't even do enough matches to get the match/weapon bounties fully complete on them. Good to know I can just top them off next IB for easy rep again.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand