As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] This thread overrun by Caesar's Legion. Go find a new one.

jdarksunjdarksun StrugglerVARegistered User regular
edited November 2015 in Games and Technology
It's said war - war never changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxF10IYOMCo

People do, through the roads they walk.

In 2077, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders.

CJFrbr0VAAEtv8N.jpg

Take it back!

AIyFL_zpsbf3a7368.jpg

What Is Fallout?

Fallout is a post-apocalyptic RPG franchise, with the first titles developed by Black Isle back in the early 90s before it was popular to make every game ever about the post-apocalypse. Fallout and Fallout 2 are turn-based isometric games with thematic roots in Mad Max & spaghetti Westerns, while Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are first person shooter/RPG hybrids developed by Bethesda & full of more modern pop-culture references (with New Vegas's script being contributed by the old Black Isle team, mostly to critical acclaim). Survival is a strong narrative note throughout the franchise, although these are not really survival games; you do not need to consume food/water or refine blocks of wood into planks.

What's the deal with these Vaults people are always talking about?

Bastions of pre-war technology and society. A "lucky" few were able to survive the conflict in relative safety by being assigned to live in large underground shelters known as 'Vaults', developed by the Vault Tec corporation in anticipation for the coming devastation. While theoretically self-sufficient and isolated from the hazards of the atomic wasteland, many of these Vaults fell into anarchy and ruin as unforeseen* challenges broke down social order.
...Well, not entirely unforeseen. The Vault project was not so much an effort to preserve lives as it was a social experiment. Complications for each Vault's inhabitants were engineered by Vault Tec, whom intended to monitor and analyze how people responded to each challenge. The end game for Vault Tec's grand experiment is not currently known, and may never be known, as the corporation did not survive the war... we think

You are among those who survived in a sheltered underground environment: A Vault Dweller. Your home did not suffer terminal catastrophe, but keeping it safe may mean venturing beyond it's reinforced walls to walk the scorched Earth.

What will I be doing in these games?

Like most Black Isle and Bethesda titles, Fallout games have a primary quest line that you may follow to see the game's primary story through to it's conclusion, and a whole ton of side objectives you can chase down for fun & profit. These are open world RPGs; you can do more or less whatever you want, and build whatever kind of character you like. You can just go around the wasteland talking to people and solving problems with your wit alone*, or you can go out there guns blazing with a min/maxxed combat twink. Do what's fun for you.

*Caveat: Fallout 3 is not quite as flexible as Fallout, Fallout 2 or New Vegas when it comes to character design. You can solve quite a few quests with diplomacy alone, but you'll still be doing a lot of shooting in the ruins of D.C.

What is the best game? What is the worst game?

The primary titles of the Fallout franchise have their own quirks (the older Black Isle games suffer from some outdated RPG & quest design, the Bethesda titles suffer from a lot of bugs & some holdover BethSoft mechanics that feel clunky), but one of the franchise's strengths overall is it's consistency in quality: each game has it's own worthwhile experience to offer, and it's really just down to taste as to which is the greatest or weakest.

Spin-off titles like Fallout: Tactics are not often well-regarded (though that game honestly isn't bad for what it is, and has been included in Bethesda's own Fallout Anthology).

Fallout 4 has a release date of November 10th for PC, Xbox One and the Playstation 4. Credit to Ender for help with the OP. Stolen directly from @manwiththemachinegun.

Tips from the community:
Moridin889 wrote: »
Don't know if anyone mentioned it but switching weapons auto reloads the previous gun. Useful for big guns.
Bobble wrote: »
fVERY early free SPECIAL point (not a story spoiler)
Go find the SPECIAL book in your son's bedroom after you leave the vault. Free skill point! Spend it wisely.

Dogmeat can equip a few items! Give him a bandana or some welding goggles and you can manually tell him to 'equip' them from the trade window.

Spoilered for size from here out, no actual spoilers.

Settlements
  • Local Leader Perk (Charisma 6)
    • -Rank 1 allows supply lines, which means you can share the workshop inventory between two settlements (ie, all of that steel in site A can be used to build in site B. Connecting site C to site B makes it one shared pool of stuff). Once you have the perk, you establish a supply line by selecting one of your residents from one of the settlements while in the Workbench mode and one of your options will be 'Supply Line.' Once you've got that going, you can view your supply lines on the map by hitting a button (C or Q on PC, I forget)
    • -Rank 2 allows you to build shops and workbenches. Shops will generate passive income based on the population of the settlement. Haven't had the chance to play with these much yet, but others may know more.
  • Don't worry about placing walls/floors to match the foundation of that house you just scrapped. If you lay your floor or prefabs down first, you can snap the walls to those and it should fit pretty easily.
  • However, you can place walls wherever you want. So you can absolutely fence in your entire settlement if you want to. The walls can be annoying when they snap to each other, and especially when trying to do this on hills. Where I can't make a direct connection, I at least use smaller objects to block entry.
  • The game advises you to keep the defense rating of a settlement at least as high as the combined food+water production. Failing that, you'll be an easier target and see more attacks on the settlement.
  • There are magazine racks (under shelving) and a Bobblehead stand you can place to hold your shit.
  • The scavenging bench needs someone assigned to it, and then it will generate components for crafting
  • Tip for keeping track of which settlers you've assigned to a job: Give them either a hat (which they'll probably equip) or a single piece of ammo as a marker. Anyone without the hat still needs a job!

Power Armor
  • The individual parts on your armor take damage and eventually break. When they break, you're not longer getting their benefits, but you don't lose them. Repair your power armor at your settlement (need a power armor station). It's pretty damned cheap to repair (mostly steel, maybe circuitry on the torso/helm).
  • Power Armor can be stolen! Someone reported that a raider actually jumped into his suit and he was unable to recover the frame with the raider dead inside (ie, he could loot the individual parts, but couldn't use the actual power armor). Consider removing the fusion core when you're not using a suit.
  • That also works the other way: your enemies can't operate their power armor without a fusion core. Pickpocket the core and voila, easier target.
  • Watch your hp. You might be taking some damage even if the suit's still trucking along. The HP shows on the dial on your bottom left, but I found the companion app on my phone was actually kind of handy for this too (and keeping track of how full my inventory was).
  • Apparently fusion cores will sell for their full price value, even if they're 99% depleted. An empty fusion core is simply ejected from the suit, so swap yours out when it's almost done and you can sell it.
  • The fusion cores last a little longer than you might think, and if you're like me and scrounging in every nook and cranny, they're more common than you might expect. Don't be afraid to use the damn thing

Modding/Crafting
  • Adhesive is used in fucking everything with crafting. Thankfully, you can cook 'Vegetable Starch' which gives five adhesive per item. You'll need mutfruit, corn, tatos and purified water. The vegetables you can plant at your settlements, and dirty water can be condensed at cooking stations to make purified. If there's another way to get water I haven't seen it yet, so I advise you don't use water to restore hp unless it's your last resort.
  • There is a 'tag for search' option while you're crafting things that will mark stuff out in the world. So if you have aluminum tagged, that TV dinner tray will have a magnifying glass next to its name. Try it out.
  • Tag for search is a little wonky from the crafting bench, but if you view your junk in your pipboy there is an option of 'component view' and that's a little easier to work with.
  • Remove any nice mods from weapons before scrapping the weapon (edit: IF YOU WILL USE IT, don't just do this willy-nilly and waste adhesive). You can swap mods in and out instead of having to craft the mod every time.

Legendary enemies and loot
  • Legendary enemies drop cool shit. Kill them.
  • Oh, more? OK. If you see one at the end of a 'dungeon' or whatever, you can come back later and they should be there. However, if you bump into one out in the wild, that's probably a random spawn and you either kill it now or it's gone. (reported. Haven't seen confirmation from others)
  • Those Legendary weapons will have random properties, kinda of like legendary items in Diablo 2/3. Example: A rifle that does more damage as the night goes on and less in the day, or a pistol that uses 25% less AP in VATS, or a melee weapon that does more damage when your health gets low.
  • You can modify them! Just take the mods off of your old 10mm pistol and slap them onto this legendary one and voila!

ini tweaks for PC users to potentially improve performance:
ben_bot wrote: »
For those having performance issues on PC, this worked wonders for me. Blurry textures much less often and little to no more random stuttering.
From Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sdyu7/the_old_ini_tweaks_still_work/

I played around with my fallout.ini a bit, and it seems like all of the following still work (they go under [General]):
uInterior Cell Buffer=12
uExterior Cell Buffer=144
bUseThreadedBlood=1
bUseThreadedMorpher=1
bUseThreadedTempEffects=1
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1
bUseThreadedAI=1
bUseMultiThreadedFaceGen=1
bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1
iNumHWThreads=8
iPreloadSizeLimit=524288000
Hi everybody, hi!

I wanted a way to make sure that I didn't leave a location without grabbing any magazines or bobbleheads in the area, so I made this thing.

I hope it helps some of the rest of you as well. Let me know if I need to change/update anything for accuracy.
I made this checklist. Location info is from a random site I found just searching for the locations.

The intent is that when you collect something, you put a 1 in the first column, which adds to the totals at the top of each section. Also with sheets like this, I like to highlight the row and change the color to bright green or whatever to show that you collected it.

Yes I still don't even have the game yet. I don't mind spoiling this sort of thing for myself, I hate getting to the end and trying to go around to collect whatever's remaining, but even with a guide at that point I have no memory of what I have or haven't collected. I like checklists. :)
Bobble wrote: »
For adhesives, I recommend y'all get some overalls and a straw hat and start farming corn, mutfruit and tatos. Also, horde purified water.

Then go check your cooking station.
timed food buffs are real world time, not in game time

ive had radstag carry bonus on for multiple in game days, which makes it much less worthless
Marslo wrote: »
A list for materials and where to find them. Right here. You can craft oil in the chemistry lab under utility.

Settlements share junk, but nothing else. Each settlement that generates a resource, like food or caps, will place it resource in the misc tab of the workshop.
hippofant wrote: »
Crafting gives you XP! So don't forget to cook and chemistry your way to higher levels. (Especially after a certain quest loads you up with a ton of drugs.)

(Some?) companions can wear power armor. Just issue them a Go command like you normally would, but point at the Power Armor. Apparently, they do not deplete the fusion core either. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGnIyVn41Cs)

Got Bugs?
Rami wrote: »
So the crashing to desktop with no error problem I am having is becoming more widely reported by other people, and on console versions too. It's corrupted cells triggered by... something, and prevents a few important quests from being finished. It's tied to save file and occurs after a certain point in the game so there's no way to know you'll get it until it starts happening.

For PC users some workarounds have been found, however these involve using the console to teleport or just mark the quest finished so you are going to miss out on the actual content of the quests in some cases.

The best thread I found on it is here http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1546438-fallout-4-crash-in-specific-area/

jdarksun on

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    It sucks but on the bright side it beats buying video games 20 years ago.

not really.

20 years ago you had the bliss of getting a physical product, that you'll have forever, not dependant on some account or service, and you got the smell and the feel of the manual and the tactile bliss.

A physical product that could be just as easily scratched, broken, or lost and took up space. Screw physical media. And meanwhile you also got to deal with this:

Not a single CD, music, game, etc, I've ever own is anything less than pristine because I'm not a rabid gorilla.
    I have two children and two dogs. Anything I don't want drawn on, chewed, or otherwise accidentally destroyed needs to be digital or locked in a vault.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Whoo new thread smell.

Now to see if we don't fill 100 more pages before the game even releases.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Man, these used to be manuals back in the day

otnkoy.jpg

Now the game forces you to do a bunch of bullshit (okay, now walk forward) like you're too stupid to read or something.\

The Fallout manuals were great. The second's included a diary giving a narrative version of the first game's events.

The first was especially excellent though. It excerpted Department of Energy documentation on what happens when a nuclear bomb goes off. It explained why Duck and Cover actually was useful (remember, it's a nuclear BOMB. There's an explosion in addition to the nuclear reaction that throws out a lot of debris you want to take cover from if you were fortunate enough to be outside the instant death zone so you don't get killed by a flying tree limb) and described the differences between hollow point, full metal jacket, and armor piercing ammunition among other things. That said, I got more mileage out of the PDF version of the manual as I used that to print out some of the Vault Boy illustrations to use as decorations.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm contemplating an appropriate name for a male hero.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    see even Geth can appreciate a nice manual

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Geth just likes what they represent.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

What will said person specialize in?

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular

I'd really like a name that Codsworth (and possibly other NPCs?) is going to say, but I don't think a complete list has been released. I kinda wish Bethesda would do that, because restarting over and over to test what ol' Cods will say isn't the pinnacle of what I imagine to be fun discovery.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Chip Whitley.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Your Amazon.com order of "Fallout 4 - Pip-Boy Edition..." has shipped!

Pepper needs new shorts!

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Chip Whitley.

Your options are many.

• Options
    Butch Deadlift is a good one.

Might have to use that.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

I'd really like a name that Codsworth (and possibly other NPCs?) is going to say, but I don't think a complete list has been released. I kinda wish Bethesda would do that, because restarting over and over to test what ol' Cods will say isn't the pinnacle of what I imagine to be fun discovery.

Here's the latest list that I could find, on Reddit. There are a few threads, though, so this may have different entries from the one I posted a few days ago.

Here is a list of names that /u/PM_ME_FREE_STUFF_PLS has confirmed so far, in alphabetic-order. Also OP has stated that, "Gender is irrelevant. Codsworth just refers to you as Mister [Female Name]":
    Aaron
    Alex
    Alexis
    Alice
    Andrew
    Anna
    Archer
    Assface Confirmed!
    Atticus
    Bill
    Blake
    Brown
    Caleb
    Catherine
    Carter
    Charlotte
    Chloe
    Chris
    Christian
    Connor
    Corey
    Damien ("Damian" doesn't work)
    Daniel
    David
    Dawson
    Deckard
    Dick Confirmed!
    DJ
    Dylan
    Elizabeth
    Emily
    Eric
    Ethan
    Evan
    Evelyn
    Gary
    Gavin
    Grace
    Griffin
    GROGNAK Proof!
    Hawk
    Hines
    Jacob
    Jake
    James
    Jason
    Jay
    Joel
    John
    Jordan
    Joshua
    Juan
    Julia
    Justin
    Kayla
    Kevin
    Laura
    Lee
    Leon
    Liam
    Logan
    Louis
    Lucas
    Luke
    Malcolm
    Mark
    Marty
    Mason
    Matt
    Max
    McFly
    Micah
    Nathan
    Nora
    Pete
    Phil
    Quinn
    Richard
    Rick
    Riley
    Robert
    Rock
    Rocky
    Rose
    Roy
    Ryan
    Sam
    Sara
    Scott
    Sebastian
    Steve
    Stuart
    Thomas
    Todd
    Tyler
    Victoria
    Wayne
    Will
    Wilson
    Wyatt

List of names that are confirmed NOT working:
    Adolf
    Ahmed
    Albert
    Anakin
    Aurora
    Balothy
    Barbara
    Beth
    Bort
    Brandon
    Caesar
    Cameron
    Chuck
    CJ
    Clem
    Codsworth
    Dale
    Dalton
    Damon
    Dayton
    Dickface
    Duke
    Edwin
    Fletch
    Geoff
    Gerrett
    Gideon
    Giovanni
    Gus
    Harley
    Harrison
    Heisenberg
    Homer
    Jade
    Jerry
    Jesse
    Jesus
    Kira
    Korra
    Kyle
    Leif
    Lennox
    Lilith
    Lisa
    Lord
    Louis ( some conflict: didnt work, did work ) (clarified: did NOT work)
    Lyla
    Mario
    Marlon
    Morty
    Motherfucker
    Neil
    Nick
    O'Connor
    President
    Rachel
    Robin
    Rodgers
    Rory
    Scorpio
    Shaun
    Shepard
    Spooky
    Triss
    Velma
    Veronica
    Victor
    Von Karman
    Wade
    Walter
    Wolf
    Woody
    Zach

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting for the reviews to see if the game lives up to its expectations. FO4 is being released too close to Legacy of the Void for comfort as well.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Butch Deadlift is a good one.

Might have to use that.

If you're gonna go for broke then might as well put your faith in Blast Hardcheese.

• Options

What will said person specialize in?

Pragmatic good guy
    Maybe energy weapons and melee

• Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of Buck Plankchest myself. Alternatively, Flint Ironstag. Going to save those for my punchy run though.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the reviews to see if the game lives up to its expectations. FO4 is being released too close to Legacy of the Void for comfort as well.

I'm kind of in the same boat, I already got LotV and I don't think my computer would run F4 as well as I would like. I also don't have a PS4 yet so Fallout seems like it will have to be something I come back to rather than play at launch. If it doesn't get the greatest reviews(not likely), then I just wont play it.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'm not at all sure what my SPECIAL is gonna look like. I'm thinking charismatic scientist.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I always liked the name, Randolph Mantooth.

Bonus, he's actually a real-life person. :)

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    In New Vegas I played a Knight Errant. Melee (swords preferred as I got access to them) mostly, some pistol, good armor, and I gallivanted around the Mojave (which is really weird when you LIVE in it) upholding the ideals of honor and chivalry.

I plan on doing so again in FO4, female Knight Errant this time, and from the look at the perks Bethesda is fully on board with my playstyle.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Madican wrote: »
    In New Vegas I played a Knight Errant. Melee (swords preferred as I got access to them) mostly, some pistol, good armor, and I gallivanted around the Mojave (which is really weird when you LIVE in it) upholding the ideals of honor and chivalry.

I plan on doing so again in FO4, female Knight Errant this time, and from the look at the perks Bethesda is fully on board with my playstyle.
    Cool thing about roleplaying that is

*possible FO4 spoilers via Fallout Shelter?*
    Looks like a knight's outfit is available ingame aswell if the Fallout Shelter stuff is taken from Fallout 4.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    PS4 preload is almost complete, which is a surprise. Glad I'm doing this download now instead of during some peak usage period.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I THINK I stepped into a spoiler? I mean as far as spoilers go it's one of those "Check here for pathos" kind of narrative developments that you see coming a mile away, but if true. Boo. With so little time in between now and tomorrow, may as well just keep your eyes close folks and stick to here - Reddit and NeoGAF are way too easy to infiltrate with nonsense.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    CHARISMA/LUCK build or bust

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    I THINK I stepped into a spoiler? I mean as far as spoilers go it's one of those "Check here for pathos" kind of narrative developments that you see coming a mile away, but if true. Boo. With so little time in between now and tomorrow, may as well just keep your eyes close folks and stick to here - Reddit and NeoGAF are way too easy to infiltrate with nonsense.
    Its probably going to be about a hundred hours or so before I start the MSQ so guess I'll be keeping my guard up for awhile.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Its probably going to be about a hundred hours or so before I start the MSQ so guess I'll be keeping my guard up for awhile.

I mean if true it's meh. I LITERALLY had to stop and think does knowing this ruin my excitement? Nah. I have beaten exactly ONE Bethesda game Main Story.

Fuck it. Just purchased on STEAM. If it doesn't run I guess I can request a refund?

ED! on
  • Options

I mean if true it's meh. I LITERALLY had to stop and think does knowing this ruin my excitement? Nah. I have beaten exactly ONE Bethesda game Main Story.
    I'm not expecting a whole lot from it so any potential spoilers won't be that big of a deal to me I guess.

I imagine any twists will be something we either predicted/will see coming a mile away or will not be anything to write home about if the writing from 3 and Skyrim holds up into 4.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Messing around with the companion app on my iPad. Do we get layered armor now? The demo mode shows the guy wearing a Vault jumpsuit, and then separate pieces for arms and legs, with Raider armor. Can we mix and match armor now?

That, btw, was one of my favorite mods for Skyrim - it overhauled the vanilla armors and split them up into pieces so you could mix and match.

• Options

I'm not expecting a whole lot from it so any potential spoilers won't be that big of a deal to me I guess.

I imagine any twists will be something we either predicted/will see coming a mile away or will not be anything to write home about if the writing from 3 and Skyrim holds up into 4.

I doubt if it were true anyone would be like "Pre-order Cancelled!" Like at all.

And hooboy. This STEAM download reminds me of why I hate PSN. This thing will download while I watch an episode of Bob's Burgers. This is versus watching Silence of the Lambs and The Dark Knight back to back when I was waiting for The Witcher 3.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    the game still has bobbleheads right? do we know if they can take a SPECIAL stat above 10?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Messing around with the companion app on my iPad. Do we get layered armor now? The demo mode shows the guy wearing a Vault jumpsuit, and then separate pieces for arms and legs, with Raider armor. Can we mix and match armor now?

That, btw, was one of my favorite mods for Skyrim - it overhauled the vanilla armors and split them up into pieces so you could mix and match.

Yes, mix and matching armor sets is one of the big new additions to the combat engine. It seems you can also destroy armor pieces as well!

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I think I'm going with a high science high charisma Rick Sanchez.

• Options
    the game still has bobbleheads right? do we know if they can take a SPECIAL stat above 10?

People on Reddit say yea

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Yes, mix and matching armor sets is one of the big new additions to the combat engine. It seems you can also destroy armor pieces as well!

I think that's a perk, though. You can also break down weapons and retrieve parts.

I like the new armour system, as it means you can keep your social clothes, and add armour on top.

28 hours.

I have never wanted Sunday to be over so much before, so I can go to work. After work - shopping, maybe a nap, then 3 days of Fallout.

• Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    Gotta give a lot of credit to the support team at G2A. If you ever have a transaction issue they are on top of that shit in a flash.

I still can't believe how close we are to launch. I'm preloaded and ready for the wasteland. Now I'm just sketching my character to get some ideas. I'm gonna burn through a box of ebony pencils tonight. Great way to pass the time since I don't have to be behind a bar slinging booze for a couple days. Plus there's MAJOR SPORTING EVENTS on television. Time, you need to pass. PASS, I SAY.

• Options
    So people using a VPN to unlock, what program are you using? Trying this guide on Reddit (which is a minefield) and not seeing where the program is on the linked website.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Does anyone know for sure if Green Man Gaming will get me a code today if I buy it from them today? Their 20% off code works, so I'd rather go that route than buying directly through Steam, but only if I know I'll get the code in time to VPN it up tomorrow morning.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    So people using a VPN to unlock, what program are you using? Trying this guide on Reddit (which is a minefield) and not seeing where the program is on the linked website.

I was considering going this route but the sketch levels are higher than I think I'm comfy with. Besides, I know some people don't necessarily worry about the EULA but I have a feeling I'd be THE GUY who gets his account turned into confetti and swept into a waste bin for something as benign as using a VPN.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

i have used flyvpn in the past but it seems like steam has got a lot more locked down - even after a quick trip to new zealand my store remains £denominated. idk if it affected unlock times or not

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.