As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes of the Storm: Sale extended! Refer-a-Friend! Hero rotation increased!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I still can't believe they went the lazy route with the Sgt. Doomhammer skin. No orc talks like that. It needs actual replacement voices.

I did get Flying Monkey Brightwing and Mad Martian Gazlowe though because of course I had to.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    So is $60 worth it?

Sounds like it's worth it.

Stimpacks are never worth it.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So is $60 worth it?

In terms of raw gold?

To break even on extra gold gain vs just buying the heroes, you'd need (by my calculations) to play ~4.5 games a day for that period. And that's assuming you are buying the heroes at full price.

Basically it's 150% extra gold, so an extra 37.5 gold per game on average.
    For a $10/10k gold hero, it's $1 = 1k gold so $60 = 60k gold.
    60k/37.5 = 1600 games to make that much gold.
    1600/360 = 4.44 games per day.

Given you can buy every hero at half that price right now, I think the deal actually gets worse on the gold front.

shryke on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Got the bundle and grabbed monarch brightwing, a skin I've always wanted

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I never attack move, probably a quirk of mine

• Options
    Man even at 50% it's too much fucking money with the exchange rate to get the shortlist of skins I really wanted.

Hmm, what to prioritize....

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I am weak. I guess now is a good time to get good with Rhegar, with his fancy new holiday outfit!

I've only ever played Falstad to lvl 5 for the gold, but I really like that new pirate costume of his. Is he good and fun?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    So is $60 worth it?

In terms of raw gold?

To break even on extra gold gain vs just buying the heroes, you'd need (by my calculations) to play ~4.5 games a day for that period. And that's assuming you are buying the heroes at full price.

Basically it's 150% extra gold, so an extra 37.5 gold per game on average.
    For a $10/10k gold hero, it's $1 = 1k gold so $60 = 60k gold.
    60k/37.5 = 1600 games to make that much gold.
    1600/360 = 4.44 games per day.

Given you can buy every hero at half that price right now, I think the deal actually gets worse on the gold front.

I mean, in theory you'd be using it to buy future heroes which are currently not on sale. If it was just a little better I'd probably consider it worth it since I usually play 3+ games a day on average.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm.

Purifier Artanis
    Warmaster Chen
    Lurkablo Diablo
    Mad Martian Gazlowe
    Sgt Doomhammer
    Super Sonya
    Mecha Tassadar
    Earthbreaker Thrall
    Infested Tychus

Gotta pare this list down.

• Options
    Also we've still no clue where the Vulture mount comes from, which is getting really strange. I was sure it would be connected to LOTV.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I hate the new map.

Also, apparently I'm really terrible at this game. Jesus Christ I can't get a win. All losses with Ducks and Ubel last night, and all losses so far solo tonight. I haven't won in three days.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    If you really want to pare the list down I'd take off Super Sonya. The design is really cool but it screws up her walk animation bad. Just take it into try mode and look at how she walks, it's really weird and disorienting.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Well, stim isn't just to get gold, it's to level heroes to 10 and stuff.

I mean, I'd get the stim pack AND buy half price heroes now.

It sounds worth it?
    I mean, a full year which lets me get all future heroes leveled quickly? sounds good?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Stimpacks are worth it to me because I am a whore for master skins, of which I have 23.
    shryke wrote: »
    Hmm.

Purifier Artanis
    Warmaster Chen
    Lurkablo Diablo
    Mad Martian Gazlowe
    Sgt Doomhammer
    Super Sonya
    Mecha Tassadar
    Earthbreaker Thrall
    Infested Tychus

Gotta pare this list down.

I would say get Mecha Tassadar and Infested Tychus for sure. Also the Purifier Artanis.

The first two because they rarely go on sale, and when they have in the past they've only been 25% off. It could be a long time before we see a price that low.

Purifier Artanis simply because he just came out - doubt that skin will hit the weekly sale any time soon.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    If you really want to pare the list down I'd take off Super Sonya. The design is really cool but it screws up her walk animation bad. Just take it into try mode and look at how she walks, it's really weird and disorienting.

It's actually exactly the same and why I didn't buy super sonya the first time around. It's just her long hair and kilt thing covers up the weird parts of her animation with her normal skin.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

It sounds worth it?
    I mean, a full year which lets me get all future heroes leveled quickly? sounds good?

It's worth it to me because I'm a whore for master skins, the only items you can not buy for cash money.

So I have to take in leveling the heroes to 10 and farming 10K for the purchase price.

• Options

Funny animation or not (which is actually the same as her base skin, this one just accentuates different areas of articulation), it's Liefeld Sonya. For a guy who cut his teeth on serious comic book collecting in the 90's, this skin hits me square in the nostalgia feels. I love it.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    God damnit blizzard where is my Snowman Jaina skin?!!?

Also it's still showing my give cho'gall quest, is that a display error, because the bar is maxed out

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    God damnit blizzard where is my Snowman Jaina skin?!!?

Also it's still showing my give cho'gall quest, is that a display error, because the bar is maxed out

Mines been doing that since the first time I relogged after completing the "Get Cho'gall" quest. Doesn't seem to cause any harm.

• Options

It sounds worth it?

It's $80 after the exchange rate which is just goddamn nuts.

I was hoping with the "deeply discounted" statement that we were gonna see it down to at least $45.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    50% off a stimpack doesn't even compete with a full-priced hero except for some value via the XP boost. With heroes being half off as well...then yeah.

If you own all heroes and have no desire for skins, then the stimpack is a pretty good deal if you have plenty of heroes to get 9 on.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Maybe the statement should be amended to: Stimpacks are worth it if you're already a whale or an extremely hardcore, 3+ hours every day player (i.e., Twitch streamer). If you do not exhibit either of these tendencies, do not buy a stimpack.

forty on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I mean, with stimpack I got Kerri from lv 1 to 4 in 8 vs AI games that each took less than 6 mins.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    SO....

Bought Chen for gold, bought warmaster skin for like $4, rocked Warmaster Chen in QM with PA peeps...

What an awesome hero... SO MUCH FUN. That feeling I get when I'm being harassed to shit by an enemy Chen, it's nice to be on the other side of that equation.

And Pressure Points is fantastic.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    SO....

Bought Chen for gold, bought warmaster skin for like $4, rocked Warmaster Chen in QM with PA peeps...

What an awesome hero... SO MUCH FUN. That feeling I get when I'm being harassed to shit by an enemy Chen, it's nice to be on the other side of that equation.

And Pressure Points is fantastic.

Pressure Point + Upgraded Purifier Beam = hilarious

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I forgot artanis comes with Legacy of the Void. May wait on him in case I ever buy that game (I won't)

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Artanis only comes with the deluxe edition I believe

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    I hope I was not difficult to play with tonight. I was getting frustrated and I apologize.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

nah, I'm pretty sure it's all preorders of whatever edition

void speeder is delux

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

nah, I'm pretty sure it's all preorders of whatever edition

void speeder is delux

All purchases of whatever edition. I bought Void after it was released and still got Artanis for it.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    It might run out eventually. I know valla/ROS didn't last forever.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I still can't believe they went the lazy route with the Sgt. Doomhammer skin. No orc talks like that. It needs actual replacement voices.
    She used to have a orc voice a really faked orc voice when it first came out

• Options
    So is $60 worth it?

Well for a year's time for extra exp and gold and that exp does help in the grind to 10 and above so....

• Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    Yeah I bought the stim pack... I had hoped it'd be $10 cheaper (honestly, at $120 MSRP it's the same price as just buying monthly stims so I don't get it unless they created it only for this sale and then it goes away). Also bought some skins... Will probably buy some more. Oh and the winter pack! Yay, Frosty!

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    She used to have a orc voice a really faked orc voice when it first came out

I assume they are gonna replace that with something better now cause at the moment it seems to be the exact same as the normal skin. And as you say, it didn't used to be that way.

shryke on
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Played the new map for the first time today.

Nope, no sir. I don't like it.

It has the worst snowballing out of any map BY FAR. If you fall behind at all, fucking guess what, you're done. Enemy team can just keep exp advantage and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Aside from snowballing, it also just feels... bleh. You're just so confined in what you can do.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I played it and it really is something I did not expect to see in HOTS bring the class not the player
    As Nova was just bulldozed over and over
    I probably would be better off playing with Sonya in it

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Played 4 games trying to get the new map.

Got Cursed Hallow twice and Dragon Shire Twice.

Guess that's working as intended.

• Options
    Man I with brightwing had better skins. I might end up with monarch just to have something, but it's a shame her newest skin is totally weird and not at all brightwing.

removing her vo is removing the best part about brightwing!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I want them to stop EVERYTHING and devote 100% of whatever resources they can to the fucking matchmaker because I am completely over this unfinished piece of shit

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.