As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes of the Storm: Sale extended! Refer-a-Friend! Hero rotation increased!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I don't think Rehgar healing himself is a bad thing necessarily. Damage mitigated is damage mitigated, doesn't matter whether it's on a tank or a squishy all else being equal. Rehgar being in the fray and taking damage is only a bad thing if it gets him killed or forces him to retreat. Or if he's taking unnecessary damage that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Zek on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I'm undefeated on Towers of Doom. A mighty 1-0. Now to never play another game to maintain my record.

This is me in StarCraft, the anxiety keeps me away

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    I don't think Rehgar healing himself is a bad thing necessarily. Damage mitigated is damage mitigated, doesn't matter whether it's on a tank or a squishy all else being equal. Rehgar being in the fray and taking damage is only a bad thing if it gets him killed or forces him to retreat. Or if he's taking unnecessary damage that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Our only issue that match was things like burning heals on himself to stay topped up while the rest of us were <50% hp. He REALLY didn't want to share them heals.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    WTB CLICK THROUGH PORTRAIT ALREADY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Edit: Also, chat is still broken.

forty on
  • Options
    One thing about Cho'gall I've found is that a lot of Chos don't realize that Shadow Bolt Volley is a two-person heroic. Once it gets launched, Cho should focus on positioning so that the bolts are going somewhere useful. It's a lot easier for Cho to get on the other side of a hero in melee than for Gall to swing that slow ass arrow around, wasting all the bolts on the air. During those 4 seconds, Cho should be treating it as his own heroic.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    That's a good point.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    One thing about Cho'gall I've found is that a lot of Chos don't realize that Shadow Bolt Volley is a two-person heroic. Once it gets launched, Cho should focus on positioning so that the bolts are going somewhere useful. It's a lot easier for Cho to get on the other side of a hero in melee than for Gall to swing that slow ass arrow around, wasting all the bolts on the air. During those 4 seconds, Cho should be treating it as his own heroic.

YEAH @TheStig WHEN YOU SEE THE GIANT ARROW MAYBE DON'T WIND UP YOUR STUPID CHARGE AND DIVE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TEAM

• Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Oh delicious vindication. Played HL and in one game our Jaina ran off to clear a minion wave while we were pushing bottom with immortal and we told her to join us but she didn't, we got wiped, and lost. He said "Why did you engage without me" ... Well, maybe because you ran off solo to do something worthless?

Anyway, queued up again and this time he was on the other team and picked Raynor. We completely dominated their team. It felt good. In that one I grouped with the brightwing who was on my team in the first 2 games and she got the dragon and even though we had the mid and bottom keep down, she went and took out the top fort and keep. I asked why and she said she wanted to prolong the loss for the other team. She sure was good at murder!

We felt extremely vindicated at the end. I wonder if the Jaina/Raynor realized it was us. We played the same heroes, Brightwing/ETC.

Supagoat on
    bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    I need someone to Cho'gall with so I can get my hero levels up. So hit me up in game.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    BAM!

Artanis level 10.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

YEAH @TheStig WHEN YOU SEE THE GIANT ARROW MAYBE DON'T WIND UP YOUR STUPID CHARGE AND DIVE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TEAM

I dunno maybe with both of us on vent I'd assume you would say something before ulting jeez!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Aye, the #1 thing that improved my Cho play was my Gall calling out he was going to Shadowbolt before actually hitting R

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    BAM!

Artanis level 10.

You're a braver man than I.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Those poor pugs.

• Options
    BAM!

Artanis level 10.
    My condolences to your teammates. :)

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Yeah seriously, @Lucascraft

Dick move.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Actually, Artanis + ETC is an amazing combo. ETC power slides and knocks back, then Artanis pulls them even farther into the middle of your team for the kill. Had that combo tonight in our last HL game and it was AWESOME. @Lucascraft we gotta try it out. :-)

• Options
    I can't remember: does Cho's UI show the cooldown on Gall's sprint at all? If not, it should.

• Options
    I just left in anger for the first time. Not exactly proud of it, but it dawned on me that the game has literally no way to punish me for it besides a ban I guess? Oh no, you'll stick me in a queue where I'll have shitty teammates? Heaven forbid, that's so different from what I'm experiencing right now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Yeah, Artanis isn't bad as a teammate if played well. He's just a little weak to start and then fairly strong to finish so you gotta get him to 16.

• Options
    Artanis is fine, but for some reason playing him causes the brain to just fly out of its skull and make him go 2-11.

I guess we can say he has Illidan Syndrome.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I can't remember: does Cho's UI show the cooldown on Gall's sprint at all? If not, it should.

iirc it's above your healthbar, next to your portrait

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBM7uJTDi2g

This is a move I like to call the Tour Bus Fake

Wahaha I just watched it again and saw that Malfurion came all the way around and joined in! This was the match I mentioned before where Brightwing prolonged their suffering so it wouldn't surprise me if he did it just out of frustration and not because he's terrible.

Supagoat on
  • Options
    I just left in anger for the first time. Not exactly proud of it, but it dawned on me that the game has literally no way to punish me for it besides a ban I guess? Oh no, you'll stick me in a queue where I'll have shitty teammates? Heaven forbid, that's so different from what I'm experiencing right now.

I did that as well today, @Bobkins Flymo . Was with Inq and Paltas and was grouped with account level 10 and 15 teammates. According to hotslogs the opposing team also didn't have a TON of games under their belts, but they were way more experienced and it was just so frustrating.

The past couple days have have been bad luck for me, but I gave up on the matchmaker comp variable and did some HL and was happier. I mean, yeah there was that Jaina, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

• Options
    My teammates are so bad on the new map. My winrate sucks and over half the loses have been because of people doing things like splitpushing while altars are up or just getting ganked all the time so we are always down a man when altars spawn.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm not sure about the new map in general honestly. It feels like at least at the QM level there's nothing else to it beyond "Teamfight for altars". Anything else you do beyond waiting for the altar spawns is just wasting health and mana and asking to get ganked. And no matter what you do to push a lane, it's basically never worth the risk and the gain is almost nothing compared to the gain of capping an altar. It does not seem to accommodate many playstyles (at least in QM) beyond that and basically no opportunities for teams that are behind to do something else useful when the objectives spawn. So it tends to be hope that you can still win a teamfight or outmanoeuvre the other team despite being behind. And it's frustrating as hell cause alot of players, mostly those on my team it seems, still think they should be laning and it can easily cost you the game.

shryke on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I still feel like there's too much Cho'gall going around to really get a handle on the new map. Or the new scaling changes, for that matter. I don't think I've ever played it where at least one side didn't have Cho'gall.

• Options
    ...I've only seen a handful of cho's since the patch....

Also I had kinda sworn off solo Q because 1) I had a really bad run of pubs just being humongous shits and 2) it's kinda like playing any other multilayer game solo... it's just less fun.

But after today I might solo queue a little more... I had a few really good matches with normal human teammates/pubs... also it means I can play more Chen.

Also the new map is cool but doesn't feel like a hots map.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Yeah, I haven't seen many Cho'galls this week at all. I haven't even seen many since a few days after release. He'll show up occasionally but he's no more popular then any other hero and less then many. After everyone unlocked him and then desperately tried to get their quest done by spreading him, he faded away. He's no where near as ubiquitous as a normal release, for obvious reasons.

If you queue as a group you see him alot more in my experience, for obvious reasons.

• Options
    So Chen can 1v2 against Cho'gall. He can shield through the damage of both of them.

Also, Chen can 1v3 against Uther + Cho'gall if the Uther is dumb and blows his stun all willy nilly instead of saving it for the shielding.

Just played a game with @Invictus where we won very handily on Dragon Shrines. I was able to hold the bottom Shrine on multiple dragon captures by myself in a 1v3 scenario.

Chen is amazing.

• Options
    Chen can't 1v2 vs. Cho'gall once Cho realizes his Q interrupts drinking. I got them to about half health in lane before they realized this.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    kBwXTqr.jpg?1

yay. fittingly, it was a game we had won, threw super hard and should have lost, and then the other team threw even harder and let us steal the boss from them and teamwipe.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Chen can't 1v2 vs. Cho'gall once Cho realizes his Q interrupts drinking. I got them to about half health in lane before they realized this.

Drinking is on a way shorter cooldown than Cho's Q. Even if he Q's you once, you've got at least 1 more free drink before he can interrupt you again.

I've 1v2'd against Cho in multiple games. Not just this one match. This specific match I just finished had a really bad Cho who never used his punch and Uther wasted his stun at silly times. But I've done the same thing in other matches against better Cho's. Chen can 1v2 Cho'gall.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    I really like that if left alone I can just burn tower ammo by standing and slugging back barrels of panda liquor... A+ design choice.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Cho'gall has surprisingly low single target damage all told. All of his buttons can hit multiple heroes, so he really needs to be mixing it up with groups.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats, @Knight_ on rank 1.

• Options

Drinking is on a way shorter cooldown than Cho's Q. Even if he Q's you once, you've got at least 1 more free drink before he can interrupt you again.

I've 1v2'd against Cho in multiple games. Not just this one match. This specific match I just finished had a really bad Cho who never used his punch and Uther wasted his stun at silly times. But I've done the same thing in other matches against better Cho's. Chen can 1v2 Cho'gall.

The thing is if he Q's you shortly after you start driking you're taking an blob and two shadowflames to the face, plus autos and an Ignite. If they throw in a rune bomb in there too you just took a LOT of damage very quickly while your drinking is still on CD. He can wear you down much faster than you can wear him down unless you have crazy regen stacked up, which you wouldn't at that point in the game.

Gall might not be the best single-target damage in the game but he's a lot better than Chen at it, even if he only gets the full effectiveness of his rotations every 13 seconds.

And then if they have any champ with a stun to roam up and gank you after he's gotten you to like halfish-health you just die.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    One thing the scaling changes did is make Seasoned Marksman and Regen Master worse.

• Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    One thing the scaling changes did is make Seasoned Marksman and Regen Master worse.

Should be pretty much the same. They were never very strong in the early game, and at level 20 and beyond, everyone is pretty much the same stats they've always been.

• Options
    They're still undeniably weaker pre-20 than they used to be.

This discussion has been closed.