As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like [The Game Awards]

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I really like this new take no prisoners Keighley.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    The bigger get-everyone thought December was the month that he was free from his contract and well...clearly, it's not.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    WOW...David Hayter represent!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Crayon wrote: »
    The bigger get-everyone thought December was the month that he was free from his contract and well...clearly, it's not.

well that could work out a few ways. either he's still in contract for a few days/couple of weeks and as such can't act on the companies behalf, or he is already out of contract and as such they've taken moves to make sure that he can't accept an award on the companies behalf.

no matter how it works out, its a shit move and is only going to make people hate the company more. will only prove their decision to exit the game industry right.

awards, and for this one i'm of course going with Mark Hamill. how can you not give it to the best Joker.... apparently quite easily.... :(

EDIT: did Jade flub the game there? she said Witcher 3 right? or did i just hear it wrong?

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Viva Seifert for..... Witcher 3? lol

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »

well that could work out a few ways. either he's still in contract for a few days/couple of weeks and as such can't act on the companies behalf, or he is already out of contract and as such they've taken moves to make sure that he can't accept an award on the companies behalf.

no matter how it works out, its a shit move and is only going to make people hate the company more. will only prove their decision to exit the game industry right.

awards, and for this one i'm of course going with Mark Hamill. how can you not give it to the/i] best Joker.... apparently quite easily.... :(

EDIT: did Jade flub the game there? she said Witcher 3 right? or did i just hear it wrong?

I need to buy the rights to Sparkster real quick.

• Options

i wasn't hearing things then :lol:

• Options
    ok, look at the Michone game, but no real indication if it'll be the usual Telltale fare or not...

• Options
    Pinstripe looks very interesting, visually at least. look forward to seeing and hearing more about that.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    last award and my run has been so bad i'm just gonna go all out and say Super Mario Maker.

EDIT: Witcher 3. knew i'd be wrong. :( ooh well...

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    Witcher 3? Nawwwwwwwwwww.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure Jade Raymond was high as fuck there. I have never seen her so off-point in any of the interviews I've ever caught with her.

• Options
  • Options
    World premier...of some music? I quit video games.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So no Nintendo things? Kind of a shame.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Super Mario World remix techno? I can dig it anyway.

Just uhhhhh, hoping it picks up here eventually.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Well, Splatoon won best multiplayer and Mario Maker won best family friendly game.

No I don't.
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Seriously I didn't expect any Zelda at all.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah Withcer 3 got GOTY. That game is a legit masterpiece and just throws the bar for 'open world RPG' genre straight to the god damn moon.

• Options
    Fuck yeah Withcer 3 got GOTY. That game is a legit masterpiece and just throws the bar for 'open world RPG' genre straight to the god damn moon.

And makes it as boring as possible, too!

• Options

but not entirely surprising. they keep things to their Nintendo Directs now. their last bit think at a game awards show was 2 years ago at the last train wreck where they revealed the already leaked Cranky Kong. it was not pretty.

• Options

Well, Splatoon won best multiplayer and Mario Maker won best family friendly game.

I meant them showing something.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    At least this is mildly more interesting than the Deadmaus set following this year's International tournament.

• Options

but not entirely surprising. they keep things to their Nintendo Directs now. their last bit think at a game awards show was 2 years ago at the last train wreck where they revealed the already leaked Cranky Kong. it was not pretty.

Naw, last year they revealed the new Zelda.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

I meant them showing something.

AAAAHhh.

No I don't.
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I am not detecting a melody in this music.

Well, except when it's directly sampled.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    I will never understand the appeal of Deadmaus....

• Options
    I, too, like the Maridia theme!

• Options

And makes it as boring as possible, too!

yeah, Witcher 3 feel short on the balance between freedom and direction for me. its great to have that huge open world, but you still have to lead the player, at least a little bit. its all subjective of course, but the game just didn't suck me in the way it did others.

• Options

Naw, last year they revealed the new Zelda.

was that the game awards? thinking about it, yeah it must has been because it was after that years E3 and i don't think Nintendo exhibited at any other show. yeah, i stand corrected.

• Options
    OK, so, I missed the first 20 minutes, but the only game mentioned after that point which I have played was Life is Strange.

Bad gamer status confirmed.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    The game will literally just give you a story related quest just by walking around and overhearing NPCs.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Epic's servers are down, melted (as predicted) into molten slag by freebie Shadow Complex:

hnNKMT2.png

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Epic's servers are down, melted (as predicted) into molten slag by freebie Shadow Complex:

hnNKMT2.png

Yeah they are completely hosed. I tried right when it was announced and even their site was crazy slow. I was logged in and everything but clicking the Shadow Complex picture did absolutely nothing. I just hope it's actually free and not like "we'll take it away after December" free.

P.S. - hate their launcher. So not intuitive.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    i got mine within seconds of them announcing that. yes that's a proper full brag, no humble here. also posted the good news in the Xbox Live thread, but the word needs to be spread to the PSN and Steam threads if anyone that's regulars in there want to big up the hype!

seriously folks, that's the highlight for me tonight. that sliver of hope that we'll get a new Shadow Complex. its about god damn fucking time!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

• Options
    I made a joke when they announced it that maybe they'd remaster the story to not be terrible this time :D hahahaha... seriously, the one just completely shitty thing about that game. Rest of it is great.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I didn't see it on the show (I might have missed it), but the next season of Mortal Kombat X characters was announced. It's...eclectic?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rWM5BeNC0

That Baraka Xenomorph is hella ridiculous but still cool.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Apparently that's "Tri-Borg" who has the power of all three robutts.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I didn't see it on the show (I might have missed it), but the next season of Mortal Kombat X characters was announced. It's...eclectic?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rWM5BeNC0

That Baraka Xenomorph is hella ridiculous but still cool.

i think it got a quick brief tease, certainly not a full trailer. might even have been during the pre-show and not the event proper.

so, ultimately, on par with last years. wont say an improvement but certainly not a drop in quality. hate that they just casually announce some of the 'smaller' awards. every one should be given the same fan fare. i'm sorry, but if it gets a category and requires the attention of the judges then it gets stage time too. honestly, its a bit insulting to those involved with the games that win those awards that you barely deem them worth mentioning.

on that note, big props to Greg Miller for his shout out to the real backbone of the industry. he may have picked a name at random but her made it clear that he was talking about every coder, artist, animator, musician and anyone that contributes the games we love big and small. the people that don't take the stage at press events or do interviews with magazines or websites. those ones that toil away to make the games we love. hats off to Greg and all the love to the devs that we don't know, cause they deserve it.

this one might sound a little odd but after his off script moment last year, and his appearances this year i kinda want Kiefer Sutherland to become a feature of the Game Awards. things could have gone so wrong last year when he decided to wing it, but he was earnest and passionate and brought a fresh perspective to something that we've all grown up with. this year he showed a great deal of respect both giving and receiving an award. he's earned a place at this show if he wants to claim it.

of course that brings us to the award that Kiefer did accept, and the reason why he was on stage at that point. i think this year will be both marred and celebrated for this point. people will hate that Konami acted in such a way, barring Kojima from accepting an award that was rightfully his, and they will applaud the fact that Geoff Keighley was brutally honest about why Kojima wasn't there. the fact that he did so in a fairly understated manner only adds to the moment. he wasn't angry, he wasn't trying to make Konami the villain*, he was sad, he was disappointed, he was hurt. and who could blame him? its clear that he has poured his heart and soul into these awards and for Konami to play with them in such a petty way has to feel like an insult to Geoff as well.

*Konami did that all on their own.

• Options
    Who the fuck is the robot suppose to be?

Also, leatherface? WTF?!