As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who's your favorite Companion NPC?

majanzmajanz Registered User regular
edited November 2015 in Games and Technology
<Edited to ditch the Fallout-centric theme>

Full disclosure, I hate playing First Person RPG games with a companion NPC. I throw a grenade - the companion runs over to the grenade... Kaboom... Tears for my dead Dogmeat...

But Fallout 4... I've just barely scratched the surface but I'm enjoying the NPCs more this time! I mean, they're still dumb-ass bullet magnets, absolute death for a stealth player. But they are a bit more fun this time around!

My top 2 favorites right now are Strong and Cait.

Cait is simple, Cait can pick locks for you. She burns through bobby pins pretty quick, but at least I don't have to waste level ups on lock-picking with her around!
Beyond that she's useless and tends to not last very long in a gun fight. And just how does a girl with a strong Irish brogue end up in post apocalyptic Boston? I dinna think Aer Lingus is still flying.

Strong... Okay, Strong is my favorite for his voice acting! :biggrin: Like most Bethesda stuff I'll be sick of it soon (and leave him standing out in the woods somewhere) but while it lasts... Oh while it lasts... :D:D:D

"BRING STRONG MILK OF HUMAN KINDNESS! STRONG WILL DRINK MILK AND BECOME STRONGER THAN HUMANS!"

Rex, "No Strong! You don't understand what the bard is saying!"

"BRING STRONG MILK NOW!"

(I am totally replaying this game a couple of times just so I can rerun the tower quest!)

p2rf2uaawurw.jpg

majanz on

• majanzmajanz Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Seen it, and its huge. Looking for a more specific discussion on NPCs. Maybe I should have ditched the Fallout theme and just stuck to Companion NPCs in general.

<Done>

majanz on
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    HK-47 is probably my favorite companion of all time replacing Minsc

god damn you bioware... you used to be cool.

majanz
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Functionality? D-Dog.

Fun? Wrex.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The robot.

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Sera from Dragon Age: Inquisition and Anders from DA2 should be noted for their ability to make decisions regardless of what the player character wants because that's pretty rad.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Can I cheat and name the entire Dragonfall crew?

Because while Dietrich, Eiger, Glory, Blitz and Dante individually may not be the greatest characters ever, put together they do make for a very fun team.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Varric (Dragon Age). By miles.

Larger companion count in DA3 meant he had less spotlight than in DA2, sadly, but he was still the best when he had something to do.

Cassandra (Dragon Age), Garrus (Mass Effect), and Liara (Mass Effect) are runners-up.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Varric was pretty excellent. I think he's Bioware's best character, by far. Olivier from TitS has been a lot of fun, too.

Artereis on
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Garrus is the right answer.

Varric a close second.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    No poll threads.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.