As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    He's just some dude who likes driving Mitsubishis with the AC cranked.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Clearly this should be settled on the track... *shifty, See-What-I-Did-There-with-Subtle-Attendance-Challenge look*

Leagues will be turned on December 5th. From Friday's Forza Week In Review:
    Leagues Arrive December 5!
    Forza Motorsport 7 Leagues are organized along scheduled timelines called Seasons. Each League Season will typically be four weeks in duration and each Season will be comprised of four week-long Series. Series are made up of Events – traditional multiplayer race lobbies – that operate under specific rules and use a variety of vehicles, from specific make and model races, to events based around division or class.

Leagues in Forza 7 will organize players along five skill Bands – from “Grassroots” all the way up to “Pinnacle.” Each Band will contain five Ranks – “5” being the lowest and “1” being the highest Rank within a particular Band. Players can move up (or down) in Rank and earn promotion (or demotion) between Bands by earning League Points in races. Players will always know which Band they are in and their current Rank by consulting the main Leagues screen in the game. Here’s an example:

f67740aa-834f-473d-966f-7a6ac740a111.jpg?n=WIR_12_1_17_hub_Leagues.jpg

As you can see, the Leagues home screen gives the player a lot of information. On the left side, you’ll see information on the current Season and Series, as well as the current active Events (note that there can be multiple Events open during a particular Series). You’ll also see information on what rewards you can earn for participating in a Series and for participating in the over-arching Season.

On the right side of the screen is information about you, including your current Band and Rank, the number of League Points you have earned in your current Rank, and the total League Points you need to earn to move to the next Rank. As mentioned earlier, you can move between Ranks and Bands. For instance, a Rank 5 player in Grassroots Band might move through to Rank 1 in the Grassroots Band; with enough points, that player could be promoted to the next Band (where she would start at Rank 5 in the new Band). Also, players can move down in both Rank and Band, depending on their performance in Events. That’s where scoring comes into play.

Scoring
    After each League race, you’ll earn League Points that will increase (or decrease) your total League Points score. Scoring is calculated across three different areas: Finish Position, Starting Position, and Opponent Skill. As the names imply, Finish and Starting Position award points based on where you start and where you finish, and are scaled by the number of players that you start a race with. If players drop out mid-race, you’ll be awarded the points based on the number of players who were on the grid at the start. In addition, as a further deterrent to players dropping from races early, players who leave a race early will receive a last place (read: negative) points payout.

With Opponent Skill scoring, points are awarded to the player based on their Trueskill ranking (a behind-the-scenes rating number) as compared to the rest of the lobby. If a player’s rating is lower than average of the lobby, he’ll receive more points for higher race finishes than he would if his rating was at the average or higher than the average of the lobby.

Matchmaking
    We heard loud and clear from League players in Forza 6, who complained about the lack of full lobbies in the upper echelon skill tiers. With Forza 7, each of the Bands will include a higher population of players per Band. By breaking players up into multiple Ranks within those Bands, we’re able to allow more people in, but also settle in to the skill level that is right for them. In terms of Matchmaking, players will first be matched to players in a similar Band and Rank, with players from adjacent Ranks sometimes filling in the gaps.

Rewards
    As you can see, Leagues in Forza Motorsport 7 are designed to bring great racing to players of all skill levels. What I’m most excited about is the ways we can reward League players. It starts with credit rewards. Every day you log into Leagues and finish an Event, you’ll be awarded with a daily credit gift. You’ll also earn a credit bonus for your first podium finish of the day. If you’re promoted to another Rank, that’s another credit bonus and, should you move between Bands after an event, you’ll get an even bigger credit bonus. In fact, the higher you go up the Bands, the more credits you can earn for promotion.

It’s not just credits. As you can see from the screen above, we’ll be able to gift League players with awesome rewards, including exclusive cars, player badges, and Driver Gear. For our first Season, players across all Bands will be able to earn great gifts like the new Gingerbread Man and New Years Driver Gear suits, as well as two exclusive cars: the 1954 Jaguar XK120 SE and the 2000 BMW Z8.

We’re extremely excited about the launch of Leagues on Tuesday. As mentioned at at the top, our inaugural “Intro to Leagues” will continue throughout December and kicks off with a pair of Ghost race events (Hot Hatch Icons and Hypercar divisions). These events serve as a great introduction for new League players, and a fantastic way for experienced players to both earn and settle in to their initial skill Band and Ranks. Series 2 in the “Intro to Leagues” will feature one Ghost event (Sports Coupe division) and one Simulation event (Exotic GT). In the coming months, we’ll be reaching out to the Forza Community for feedback on the type of events they’d like to see come to League Seasons. Until then, happy racing!

Also from WiR, next week's Specialty Dealer will be expensive: Aston Martin One77, Jaguar XKRS GT and Mazda MX-5.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    ...and not a mention of negative points for aggressive driving. I just imagine the Pinnacle tier being a bunch of people who are really good at PITing people and dive bombing corners.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    There has never really been an automatic punishment system for online racing that works without being unjustly punishing on innocent drivers/honest mistakes/racing incidents (Hi iRacing). A computer can not reliably determine if something was intentional or not, hell humans barely can. I highly doubt there will be a working system for that ever, at least one that's not a gigantic mess.

Of other note, for PC players, the latest Nvidia drivers (388.43) reportedly fixes a memory leak in FM7. I don't know if that is the memory leak, but it's getting positive results for people.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Anyone know what we'll be racing this week and on which day? And uh at what time?... and track?

I don't have a lot of cars so I want to purchase and get some practice in so I'm not rear-ending people or sliding off the track. Having been out of Motorsport since FM4 there are a lot of tracks I don't know well yet/at all.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @Red Raevyn
    We generally race Tuesday/Thursday at 9pm ET. Make sure you are friends with Eclibull or ConfusedWalrus on xbox so they can invite you to the party/game. My XBL name is "CommunistCows" (note this is plural compared to my forum name), but I might not be on tonight and I definitely won't be on this Thursday.
    Since we haven't officially started an SBC series we are just kind of doing a bunch of different classes and tracks. Sorry can't be more specific than that on tracks. If you do get on in party chat you could always request the lobby host do tracks you are more familiar with. For the most part we race the top of classes between C500 and R900. For the most part we seem to do more races in the higher classes A, S, and R.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    The newest Nvidia drivers seem to have stopped my crashing. Since the second to last patch I have been crashing after every race and after browsing the menus too much, but since the newest drivers came out the game has been rock solid.

In SBC news, I'm hoping to announce the car options in about two weeks, while having the first race the first or second week after New Years. Also, if anyone wants to help finalize the car options by doing some testing send me a PM. It would involve tuning several cars and running them on several tracks while recording your fastest and average lap times.

• Options
    Finally got a chance to pass along the December Car Pack, released yesterday:
    Doritos Car Pack (also a bit on the monthly update/leagues in the link)
    https://youtu.be/kPT7VJS-1vE
    - 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
    - 1962 Porsche 804
    - 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
    - 1955 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan
    - 1926 Bugatti Type 35
    - 1985 Nissan Safari
    - 1939 BMW 328

Release notes for the patch:
    Release Notes
    Today’s update for Forza Motorsport 7 includes numerous improvements to the game on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. This update also introduces Leagues to the game. For more on Leagues, see our description in last Friday’s edition of the Week in Review. We’ve also added new features including the ability for players to dramatically increase race length (up to 1,000 laps for a circuit race and up to 24 hours for a timed race) in any race, including Forza Driver’s Cup events, Free Play, and Private Multiplayer races.
    The following is a list of additional improvements introduced to the game with this update. In addition to the improvements listed below, this update also minor UI and behind-the-scenes improvements that are not listed here.
    GENERAL
    Fixed an issue where game would crash in Split Screen when Player 2 disconnects, and Player 1 reconnects on a Guest profile.
    Fixed an issue where, after some players finished a race without touching the gas, their XP would be reset to zero.
    Updated messaging for Super Easy mode. Note that events run with Super Easy assists will require steering input in order to earn XP and credits at the end of the race.
    Fixed an issue where event results quickly disappeared after completing a Drag or Timed Race game type.
    Updated the “Split Time” box in a race to orange from blue.
    Updated the “Buy Car” and “Rent Car” icons in the game.
    Removed lap count information in “Vote For Next Track” screen.
    Credit prices for Prize Crates that are unaffordable to the player will now appear as orange in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
    Fixed an issue where players could earn the “Unrivaled” achievement even when using assists.
    Fixed an issue where players were participating in the incorrect class in the “GT Racing Reborn” Moments in Motorsport event.
    Adjusted lap count of VIR race in the Off Road Buggies series in the Forza Driver’s Cup to be more consistent with other races in series.
    Fixed an issue where the incorrect flag was appearing on the Mugello Driver Gear helmet.
    FREE PLAY
    Fixed an issue where, when driving with the (P-Class) Hoonicorn, players would race against Drivatar opponents of mixed classes.
    Fixed an issue where, when players change car in the Free Play menu, the resulting car would appear with an incorrect livery and/or paint job.
    Fixed an issue where team icons on the mini-map were all the same color in Free Play.
    Players will now use consumable mods if they quit during the last lap of a Free Play race.
    Fixed an issue where players in one car class cannot see the leaderboard entries for their car’s division in the Free Play leaderboards, should other classes exist in the same division.
    RIVALS
    Fixed an issue where loading a valid tune in pre-race would sometimes result in a message informing the player that the tune was illegal.
    MULTIPLAYER
    Added support for a new platform feature that allows players to convert multiplayer chat to text. Players must have “Speech to Text”, “Text to Speech” or Both options turned on in Xbox Accessibility settings.
    Fixed an issue where losing network connection during a race sometimes caused a softlock upon the next connection attempt.
    Players now have the option to unmute individual players in a lobby.
    Private multiplayer hosts can now cancel launch of lobby during “car theater” screen.
    DRIVATAR
    Fixed an issue where Drivatars in the 2017 Renault R.S.17 car would consistently leave the track on Maple Valley.
    Corrected Drivatar difficulty on Silverstone National and International circuits.
    Adjusted Drivatar difficulty for Timed and Circuit Race game types.
    AUCTION HOUSE
    Updated messaging on Auction House to explain that the Auction House takes a small amount of proceeds from completed auctions, which scales based on how much the vehicle was sold for.
    Fixed an issue where a player could not see auctions of the same car the player was currently in.
    Fixed an issue where Auction details show stock PI/stats for a car listed, instead of current PI/stats.
    Search options are now saved within an Auction House session.
    CARS
    Fixed an issue where the 2002 Nissan GTR Skyline V-Spec II rear wing does not always animate with the trunk.
    PC
    Fixed an issue with connected storage API when checking for available space, improving save space for photos, liveries, and more up to hard save caps.
    FORZATHON
    Added post-race Forzathon rewards screen after completing an entire Forzathon event.
    Fixed an issue where toast notification was noticeably delayed after completing a Forzathon-eligible race event.
    Fixed an issue where reward voiceover will not play on a consistent basis.
    Added help text for the Forzathon events page.
    Players claiming Forzathon rewards in multiplayer will now be set to “Not Ready” in the lobby.
    Fixed an issue where the Forzathon menu option from the Pause Menu is grayed out, but accessible everywhere else in the game.
    Fixed an issue where player encounters an empty reward screen after completing second challenge of “Speed is Key” event.
    Fixed an issue where Tier Level Up screen appears in cases where Forzathon reward is a car and player moves to a new Car Collector Tier.
    Fixed an issue with the “Going the Distance” Forzathon event, where some users were not progressing after completing a Sport Touring Division Autocross event.
    TRACKS
    Fixed an issue with some curbs at Sebring which caused certain cars to react unrealistically.
    Fixed an issue at Rio track which was incorrectly dirtying players’ lap times.
    Fixed an issue at Rio where players would hit invisible wall at exit of final turn.
    Fixed an issue at Lime Rock where vehicles with low chin spoilers could collide with the ground and cause spins).
    Fixed an issue where Drivatar opponents rarely or never pit when damage is set to “Fuel and Tires”
    FORZA HUB
    Corrected an issue where Forza Rewards scores were either not updating or updating incorrectly across numerous legacy Forza games.
    LIVERY EDITOR
    Fixed an issue where left thumb stick press down functionality was removed in “Create Vinyl Group.”
    Improved “Recommended Vinyl Groups” and “Search” functionality.
    Fixed an issue where only the first 10 results would return in the Vinyl search feature.
    Fixed an issue where flashing layer highlight was hard to see in certain situations.

• Options
    I'm glad I'm super content with the steelbook case for the deluxe edition, because man are the car packs lackluster so far. :(

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Lackluster's being polite about it, honestly.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    This is what happens when release the game with 600 cars + 50 formula E cars + 50 Nascars.

On an unrelated note EAT DORITOS.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Only real bit from last Forza WiR is the December Bounty Challenge starts today some time and it'll be against Phil Spencer in the 2017 Porsche #92 Porsche GT Team 911 RSR on Hockenheim National Circuit. Hopefully, since it's Phil and not a Forza Dev or Actual Race Driver it will be more attainable.

For our Division of the Week, let's go with Historic Road Racing:
    Historic Road Racing
    Follow the Division Homologation restrictions.
    Homologation rules:
    Tires: Street Tires
    Tire Width: 265
    Power 450 HP
    Class C 475
    The following are the cars in this division, asterisks are the cars not normally available in the store:
    1971 AMC Javelin-AMX
    1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine"
    1970 Chevrolet Corvette [C3] ZR-1
    1970 Chevrolet Camaro [Gen 2.1] Z28
    1969 Chevrolet Camaro [Gen 1] Super Sport Coupe Forza Edition*
    1969 Chevrolet Camaro [Gen 1] Super Sport Coupe
    1967 Chevrolet Corvette [C2] Stingray 427
    1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI*
    1969 Dodge Charger R/T
    1973 Ford XB Falcon GT
    1972 Ford Falcon XA GT-HO
    1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
    1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III*
    1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Forza Edition*
    1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
    1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
    1977 Holden Torana A9X Forza Edition*
    1977 Holden Torana A9X
    1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
    1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi
    1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455*
    1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    hockenheim national circuit aka the crash into a tire wall at 180 mph 6 times in a row because i'm dumb circuit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I had a tuning breakthrough last night that was very satisfying. I'd been trying to get the Porsche 356A Speedster to handle like it didn't hate itself and was making some progress but not enough. It really wanted to lift up an inside wheel in cornering (sometimes going up on two wheels), and the suspension was frustratingly abrupt to boot. Finally I thought "hey, if this thing wants to tip over rather than slide I've got more grip than I'm using" and went down in tire width and added some power to keep the PI. I also upped the rebound damping considerably (in a wild card effort) and boom, the car handles like a car instead of a Reliant Robin and 3 seconds just disappeared from my lap times.

• Options
    From the D&D cars thread:
    They're repairing and repaving Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but before they did they took some core samples, all the way down to the 108 year old original brick surface.

5ZhzDvX.jpg?1

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2017/10/31/core-sample-indianapolis-motor-speedway-reveals-108-years-racing-history/816616001/

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    that should go in a museum somewhere

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Finally, a good use of core sampling! Why didn't you figure this out, scientists?

So I'm going to finally get over the deep remorse I always feel when a new FM comes out about not having played the previous one enough, and will pick up FM7 on my XB1X. I think I'm confident that there's no need for me to buy any of the deluxe versions and I can just get it cheap, but I'm curious: can you import over designs from the previous title, as I did in FM5 to FM6? Also, how's the art community overall? It's sad but I spend about a third of the time in game just going through the design library.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Yes, you can import designs from previous titles.

The art community isn't quite as strong since you can't sell the designs for credits, but it's still there.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Finally, a good use of core sampling! Why didn't you figure this out, scientists?

So I'm going to finally get over the deep remorse I always feel when a new FM comes out about not having played the previous one enough, and will pick up FM7 on my XB1X. I think I'm confident that there's no need for me to buy any of the deluxe versions and I can just get it cheap, but I'm curious: can you import over designs from the previous title, as I did in FM5 to FM6? Also, how's the art community overall? It's sad but I spend about a third of the time in game just going through the design library.

You can import designs from any of the XBO Forza games (FM5, FM6, Horizon 2 and 3).

I can't really speak to the art community. It looks the same as it has been (helped by the import ability), but I don't partake in it that much.

• Options
    edited December 2017

The art community isn't quite as strong since you can't sell the designs for credits, but it's still there.

You may not sell liveries, but when your livery is downloaded you get 1000credits, another 1000 when its liked, and another 500 every time it's used in a race. One quick livery I put out there is getting me something like 10k every time I log in to forza.

Edit: same thing with shared tunes.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Yeah it was a really reliable source of income for me in FH3. I should probably make some in 7. Has to be a better source of income than the drivatar payout I got when I first installed the game, haha:

socNERi.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2017
    For the first SBC of Forza 7, we will be running the Vintage series of cars. There will be a pre-season test session on January 5th and 6th, at 8pm Eastern (I should be on and ready to race by 6pm Eastern each day, if not sooner, for any early birds) and the series will officially start the following week. I still do not know if I will run this on Friday or Saturday nights, so the turn out on Jan 5/6 will probably decide that.

Car selection is any Vintage Sport Compact, Vintage Sport Coupe, and the Vintage Sport GT. Race Tires and Race Roll Cage are required, Max Tire Width of 265, Max HP of 500, and Max PI is B600. Races will be held once a week for 4 weeks, with 2 races each week. Each week will consist of a 3 lap ghosted qualifying race to determine first race order, followed by Race 1, followed by qualifying for race 2, and finally race 2. Grid ordering will be set to best lap. Each race will have enough laps for about 30 minutes of racing.

Tracks will be (Race 1 - Race 2)
    1. Alps Full - Indy Grand Prix
    2. Lime Rock Full - Spa
    3. Monza Full - Maple Valley Full
    4. Road America Full - Mugello Full

20 Points for 1st Place
    19 Points for 2nd
    18 Points for 3rd
    . . .
    3 Points for 18th
    2 Points for 19th
    1 Points for 20th

There will be a bonus of 3 points for pole position and 2 points for the fastest lap in each race.

Rolling Starts.

Please note that I do not have a way to strictly enforce race tires, roll cage, or max tire width so these will have to be based on gentlemenperson agreements, but if I catch you breaking those agreements then there will be consequences. Don't be a dick. I don't want to make more formalized rules and consequences, but I will if I have to.

Also, if anyone is part of any other racing communities that would be good additions to join in this series, please give them an invite. The more we can get racing the better this will be.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    From the D&D cars thread:
    They're repairing and repaving Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but before they did they took some core samples, all the way down to the 108 year old original brick surface.

5ZhzDvX.jpg?1

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2017/10/31/core-sample-indianapolis-motor-speedway-reveals-108-years-racing-history/816616001/
    that should go in a museum somewhere

It's going in the Hall of Fame Museum in the IMS infield. Neat museum if you ever get to go to it, albeit tiny. They have a huge collection though, so stuff gets rotated in and out of there on a pretty regular basis.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

You can import designs from any of the XBO Forza games (FM5, FM6, Horizon 2 and 3).

I can't really speak to the art community. It looks the same as it has been (helped by the import ability), but I don't partake in it that much.

Thank you both. I'm putting it off just a bit longer (even though I think $40 for the base game on Amazon.com is a good a deal as I'll find in the immediate future), but eventually I have to make the jump. This might be the first Forza title I'll buy digitally.

• Options
    Didn't get much time to figure a division for this week, so we're just going to grab one from Veevee (albeit with the default division homologation) and take the Vintage Sport Coupe Division:

Division of the Week:
    Vintage Sport Coupe
    Follow the Division Homologation restrictions.
    Homologation rules:
    Tires Street Tires
    Tire Width 235
    Power 325 HP
    Class C 450
    The following are the cars in this division, asterisks are the cars not normally available in the store:
    1964 Aston Martin DB5
    1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
    1959 BMW 507
    1960 Chevrolet Corvette [C1]
    1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT
    1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
    1957 Ferrari 250 California
    1948 Ferrari 166MM Barchetta
    1969 FIAT Dino 2.4 Coupe
    1952 FIAT 8V Supersonic
    1961 Jaguar E-type
    1959 Jaguar Mk II 3.8
    1954 Jaguar XK120 SE*
    1953 Maserati A6GCS/53 PininFarina Berlinetta
    1967 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL
    1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe
    1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster*
    1955 Porsche 550 Spyder

Also, a heads up Veevee, rolling starts do not yet work in multiplayer. I'll fiddle with running Best Lap starting grids to make sure they aren't buggy. I should be able to make it for at least the 5th and/or 6th. Any SBC plans for the Thursday crew will probably be for after that series wraps.

• Options
    Huh. The speciality dealer cars looped around. We're back on one of the first sets.

1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III
    2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20
    1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Heads up that the next #Forzathon for FM7 is up, running through January 5th or 12th:
    #Forzathon Coming to Town ends Jan. 5
    1) Complete 3 laps in Prague
    2) Complete 3 Laps in Rio de Janerio
    3) Complete a Race on the Dubai City Circuit
    Completed all challenges to win the 2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato
    39155935331_37f175698c.jpg

#Forzathon Heavy Duty Steering ends Jan. 12
    1) Complete a Race with Braking Line Only
    2) Complete a Lap on Spa at night
    3) Complete a Race in a Forza Group Rally Division car in the Rain
    Completed all challenges to win the Freezer Burn Driver Suit
    38332041494_2f577d35f2.jpg

#Forzathon Meet and Greet ends Jan. 12
    1) Change your Driver Gear
    2) Complete a Drag Race
    3) Complete 5 Laps on the Test Track Airfield
    Completed all challenges to win the 2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
    39155935161_af1d2fe95e.jpg

#Forzathon World Tour Part 1 ends Jan. 12
    1) Complete 3 laps on Brands Hatch in a British Car
    2) Got at least 120 mph at Homestead Miami in the 1957 Chevy Bel Air
    3) Complete a Race on Suzuka in the '92 Honda NSX-R
    Completed all challenges to win the 2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta
    25177004378_f8c1457e76.jpg

There's another set of holiday themed achievements showing up that aren't active so more Forzathons may be coming shortly.

Also, since I won't remember if I don't write it down here, we found Grid Ordering by Best Lap, Ascending: Yes, is the way to go for racing with qualifying and it does respect clean above dirty laps.

• Options
    Nice driver suit. All those cars have been purchasable or winnable somehow already, yeah? Or maybe the Aston hasn't yet? But the other two were specialty dealer and rivals?

• Options
    I have the night off and hope to do some racing. If anyone wants to join me, I'll be on from now until I feel like getting off.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    So my FM7 crashes on the launch splash screen 100% of the time. I reinstalled all 96 gigs of it and it's doing it again.

:-1:

edit: okay so apparently the fix is to trigger literally any install from the Microsoft Store on Win10 and cancel it. This resolves the issue.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Also, honest question - how many of you are going to be running the '73 911 in the Vintage SBC? I'm trying not to pick it for the sake of field variety, and I figure it's going to be a fairly popular choice.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Yeah I ran into that bug too, I was struck by how idiotic the bug and the fix each were. I drive 911s too much so I'm going to make myself pick something else, haha.
    Speaking of idiotic, I typed that and tried to launch FM7 to look at the vintage cars and the bug was back. Same thing fixed it. Shaking my head...

Specialty dealer selection is pretty cool, I really like the CRX and I went ahead and bought the other two as well.
    1986 BMW M635 CSi
    1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen
    2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series

Red Raevyn on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Reminder: First SBC Practice is tomorrow night. I will be on starting about 6pm Eastern and looking at officially starting at 8pm Eastern. The Second Practice will be Saturday, with a similar time frame. Next week will be Week 1 of the first SBC for Forza 7 but I haven't decided on Friday or Saturday, so the practice with the most drivers will set the day.

Valid divisions are the Vintage Sport Compact, Vintage Sport Coupe, or Vintage Sport GT (NOT Vintage GT). Race Tires and Race Roll Cage are required, Max Tire Width of 265, Max HP of 500, and Max PI is B600. Engine and Aspiration swaps are ok.

Please attend both practices if you can, and feel free to bring non-PA friends.

Veevee on
  • Options
    I picked the most muscle-car vehicle in the field, to nobody's surprise. I wonder if anyone can guess which it is.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    I picked the most muscle-car vehicle in the field, to nobody's surprise. I wonder if anyone can guess which it is.

I would assume the Ford Mustang Aston V8. I've narrowed mine to 250 GT or Skyline H/T 2000GT-R after burning through a bunch of failed test cars.

Unfortunately I won't make practice tonight, but I'll make it tomorrow night. Friday nights are bad for me right now, though if we end up doing Saturdays I'll miss week 3.

• Options
    I'm tempted to use the Porsche 356A Speedster just because I'm so chuffed I got it driveable, but I'll probably go with the Ford Escort RS1600 instead. It clicked really easily and it's fun to drive. I'm gone until a little after 8est on Fridays but I'll join when I get home.

For those of you whose ears have been bled by my mic (sorry), I finally did some reasonable troubleshooting (as opposed to forgetting about it until it's voice chat time) and figured it out. The outlets here by my PC aren't grounded and that's where the hum is coming from; USB soundcard/adapter will be here next week and solves all the issues (tested with my wife's).

• Options
    Shit came up and I'm headed home now. Will be on as soon as I can, hopefully not much past 8.

• Options
    I'll make it for the races tonight.

u4OkoEI.png