As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Acid and I picked up Golf It. Some other fine peeps here should too. Just do it~

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    To get usable Prague numbers I had to futz with the numbers a tiny bit. I'm going to guess there was a certain set of corners to blame for this.
    Archduke.
    This Saturday we have 17 laps of Brands Hatch and 16 laps of Le Mans Bugatti. I don't have anything else planned myself, so I should be there.
    I won't be racing Saturday. And Bugatti was one of my must races! :cry:
    Acid and I picked up Golf It. Some other fine peeps here should too. Just do it~
    That looks interesting. I would only need to play multiplayer games that aren't Forza!

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    It’s fine we probably won’t get 7 cause I don’t think I’m around

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

That would put us at 7 if everyone else that has raced in the series shows up, so yeah, wouldn't be surprised if there are some random races instead of the SBC races on Saturday.

I would, especially at only $9, but I'm working when you guys would be playing putt-putting, so what's the point?

• Options

That would put us at 7 if everyone else that has raced in the series shows up, so yeah, wouldn't be surprised if there are some random races instead of the SBC races on Saturday.

I would, especially at only $9, but I'm working when you guys would be playing putt-putting, so what's the point?

You work evenings/nights/ALL WEEKEND 7 days a week?

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Veevee wrote:

You work evenings/nights/ALL WEEKEND 7 days a week?

So, here's the thing with my schedule: It is exactly the same as someone who works M-F, 8am-4pm (7am-3pm currently due to daylight savings) in Sydney, Australia. How often are you gaming with someone from Sydney, that also works a standard office job, during the week or weekend? Also, because of my schedule I literally do not see my wife awake Monday through Thursday and it feels like I am part of a long distance relationship with the person I sleep next to because of it. We have from when she gets home from work Friday afternoon until I go to work Sunday afternoon to be together, and ironically about a third of that time is spent awake while the other sleeps due to differing sleep schedules. Add in demands of family*, and yeah, I basically have no time to play when you'd be around.

I'm actually kinda surprised at how often I've been able to make to Saturday races.

Unless you're saying you'll be around to putt-putt at noon or after midnight (central) during the week, in which case I'll definitely be buying the game after I get home from work at 12:30am.

Notice how I didn't say "family and friends"? Yeah, what friends I did have before this job weren't really friends and I haven't heard from them in years, and the few opportunities I have found to make friends only happen when I'm working. And no, my workplace is not a place to make friends. I am actively working to get a different job, but I haven't reached "take a demotion with lower pay" levels of desperation yet.

...sorry for the mini rant.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Okay, but rather than making me do any number of time zone conversions, could you just tell me your actual hours and if you sleep before or after work? :P

• Options
    MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    I know how it is Vee, I worked midnight to 8am for 5 years.

Also, I will most likely not be around for Saturday night, my wife and I are going out to dinner for her birthday. (We were in DE celebrating that and Mother's Day last Sat.)

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Forza put up the new info they announced during the most recent Inside Xbox video in yesterday's WiR:
    Race Regulations

You’ve wanted it, we’ve wanted it, and now it’s on its way. Yesterday we announced our upcoming race regulations system (colloquially known around the community as a “player penalty system”).

The new system – which is still in development and will be rolled out in several stages – is being designed not just as a tool to deal with griefers but also as a method of teaching players of all skill levels what is and what is not allowed online in a Forza race. It’s one of the reasons I’m so excited for this feature to come into the game – we want to make all Forza Motorsport players better racers.

The system starts with our new and improved track limits system. The team has gone through every track and ribbon in Forza Motorsport 7 and rebuilt track limits by hand. Our goal is to bring consistency and predictability to track limits across the board. We’re also giving players more visibility into those track limits, with a new option that illuminates track edges and will give players a color-coded warning when they’re getting close to the edge.

Admittedly we didn’t have a lot of time to explain the details of the race regulations system in yesterday’s show segment. I know that the community is hotly anticipating more details on the race regulation system and rest assured we’ll have more to share in the future. It’s a common refrain you hear from me but it fits here: stay tuned for more as we have lots to share.

So, hopefully fixed track limits and some tools to help see them, finally. No idea if that means a Leaderboard reset or not.
    Time Attack

Coming hand-in-hand with the reveal of our new track limits system is the announcement that we are bringing Time Attack (aka multi-class, multi-ribbon Rivals) into Forza Motorsport 7. This was a fan favorite feature in Forza Motorsport 6 – with every track ribbon having an associated Rivals leaderboard per car class – and we’ve heard loud and clear that players wanted it in Forza 7. Naturally, the new Time Attack mode will take advantage of the new track limits feature and we look forward to rolling the feature out in the future. Again, no details on dates yet, but we’ll keep you in the loop.

Thank god.

(skipping a section on a new Drag Race mode, see link if interested)
    Cars & Cars & Cars

Obviously we love our vehicles here at Forza Motorsport 7 and we’ve got lots of good news on this front. First up, as with the 2018 Honda Civic Type R which debuted this month as a free car for all players, we’ve got more free cars on the way in June and beyond. If you’re a Car Pass owner, we also have two new packs arriving in the future and both will be included for all Car Pass owners. Finally, we heard from those in the community who missed out on the Hoonigan Car Pack pre-order opportunity but still want those cars in the game. Starting next month, the Hoonigan Car Pack will be available for purchase by everyone – and if you’ve got the Car Pass, the Hoonigan Cars will be included.

The car pass has been extended.

Also, not from Inside Xbox but also in WiR:
    Specialty Dealer Updates
    The Forza Motorsport 7 Specialty Dealer will undergo some changes next week. We will have three cars in the Specialty Dealer each but, starting next week, two of those cars will be completely new to the vendor. The majority of these exclusive cars have been given away in other events, but all of the new cars will be ones that have never appeared in Specialty Dealer before, so this will be a great chance to gain access to exclusive cars you might have missed the first time around.

That better include the VW Bus!

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    All of that sounds great. Even if I'm not playing much right now, I still love that I just got 3 more car packs for no extra cost~

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Yahoo time attack!! The teasing of penalty systems for griefers is interesting too, though I haven't tried pub racing in ages.

• Options
    https://watch.forzarc.com/ is going on now, if you wanted to get some cars.

2017 Chevrolet #2 Team Penske Indycar

1954 Jaguar XK120 SE

1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STI FE

Gear Good Knight

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    I'm not around to race the next two weekends. My weekend availability is pretty hit or miss from here until about late September.

• Options
    I was afraid of this happening when summer finally started.

I should still be on myself and if we can get enough to do a SBC race that's great, but otherwise we can just do some random races.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ

We were discussing this in the races.

I also lied about him being the only one on the Ring. There's guys on fucking bikes.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I was afraid of this happening when summer finally started.

I should still be on myself and if we can get enough to do a SBC race that's great, but otherwise we can just do some random races.

We discussed this last night. If we drop the minimum down to 6 we should be okay, as we seem to be able to hit that rather reliably. We hit 6 last night, but decided on it too late to start (also we were initially waiting for someone who said they'd be there).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ

We were discussing this in the races.

I also lied about him being the only one on the Ring. There's guys on fucking bikes.

Opposite lock in every corner and those poor tires sound like acid tuned it.

Bloodsheed on
  • Options
    Yeah, about yesterday. It hit 100 degrees here yesterday and my AC decided it didn't want to work anymore, so we went out to cool off and I forgot my phone at home so I couldnt make a won't be there post. Sorry about that.

As for running with only 6 races, go ahead. Especially if I'm one of the missing racers.

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    The way he is driving I feel like he should be wearing a fire suit and have a full roll cage. I was also imagining him eating it on one of the drifts and having a motorcycle come around the corner right into him. That seemed more dumb than it was awesome.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    It was dumb as fuck.

It was also the 1980s, so...

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    I might race tonight, or I might go to a bonfire and watch the hockey game tonight.

I'm not sure which will happen.

• Options
    Race happened last night with 6 racers. PI will not be updated, here's the current point total.

6b8qgd73envy.png

Next week is the final race of the series, 5 Laps on the Nordschleife.

• Options
    Race happened last night with 6 racers. PI will not be updated, here's the current point total.

6b8qgd73envy.png

Next week is the final race of the series, 5 Laps on the Nordschleife.
    Third place here I come!

Also, I won't be on tonight.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Forza update dropped, and there's some really good shit in it.

Here's the notables
    #Forzathon events are undergoing a change starting in June. Some of those changes are happening behind the scenes, others will be immediately apparent to the player. We’ve moved the #Forzathon system in Forza 7 to an internally managed service at Turn 10. This means that FM7 #Forzathon events are no longer tied to Xbox achievements. Instead, we will now manage #Forzathon events start to finish with our own systems. What this means for the players is new #Forzathon events coming into the game, with more variety, and more frequency. At the start we’ll have three events per week, each with its own reward. We’re varying the steps of events as well – each week we’ll have one 1-step, one 2-step, and one 3-step #Forzathon event to play. Naturally you’ll be able to monitor your progress as you make your way through each event. Look for those new #Forzathon events to go live this week.

Multiplayer Updates – Multi-Class, Tuning & More
    With this update, we’ve put a big focus on multiplayer. Starting off, we’re happy to report that multi-class racing is returning to the game, giving players the chance to race against fields of multiple classes of cars. Multi-class isn’t new to Forza Motorsport 7 but it’s now better than ever, thanks to new features we’ve added to the game, like improved scoring. For the first time in Forza Motorsport multi-class player scoring will now be grouped by the player/class bucket. For example, if you’re racing in Class C vs. Class A lobby, all players will be scored according to the bucket/class they are in. If you’re grouped in the Class C cars, your scoring will keep track of how you’re doing in that class and the end-of-race podium will show off the top three finishers within that particular class/bucket.

We’ve also introduced per-bucket timing triggers in multi-class. For example, you could set the slowest class bucket to start the end-of-race timer, as opposed to the fastest class.

You’ll be able to try out the new spin on multi-class racing for a test drive when our new “ABCS” hopper makes its debut soon.

Multiplayer Tuning
    In May, we introduced the ability for players to test drive their cars in multiplayer while waiting for a race lobby to finish. This month, we’re giving players the chance to tune their cars when in a multiplayer lobby or test driving their car. When test driving in a multiplayer lobby, you can now pause the game and choose the “Tune” option to make upgrades and adjustments to your car or download new tunes in real time. Once you apply the tune, that tune will be used in the race when you are pulled back into the lobby and set up for the next race. One other highly requested features arrives this month as well – you can now change your Assists in the middle of a multiplayer race. Simply pause the game, go to the Assists selection, and set the Assists as you’d like them before heading back into the race.

More Multiplayer Control
    Multiplayer lobby hosts now have the option to password protect their lobbies. In addition, hosts have more control over the kinds of cars players use in a lobby, including forcing players to use rental cars. When hosts set up lobbies, they’ll see new options when setting up the race event, including:

Upgrades – Stock or Any
    Tunes – Stock or Any
    Ownership – Owned, Rental, or Any

Data Out
    We’re opening up a new world for Forza Motorsport 7 players who want to expand their experience. What we colloquially refer to as a “Data Out” feature means that we now output a UDP data stream which players can take advantage of. This is the same data stream that powers the motion sleds we use at Turn 10 and now we’re putting that power in the hands of players. The possibilities here are limited only by the imagination of the developer – from motion sleds to dashboards, data logging, etc. All of the data is sent to a remote machine at 60fps but localhost streaming is not supported.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Data Out seems pretty rad... wonder if I could train an AI to draw its closest approximation of the track based on the telemetry data so I can have an excuse to hotlap at work...

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Knight had the bug where you're stuck in the car you used for the previous race. So he was in an R Class BMW X Class Indy Car in the body of a Polaris RZR in an E Class race on the Nürburgring.

https://youtu.be/QfE2oXJxgxY

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    Was actually an X class indy car!

god that looks even goofier than i imagined.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Only 5 showed tonight so we didnt do the SBC race, and I'm out of town next saturday. I will be around the following thursday if we want to try and do the race then.

And that car bug was some funny shit.

• Options
    lol that bug's the best kind of ridiculous. I got caught up at work and didn't get home until a couple hours afterward.

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/VmQNo8xtcAg

Kind of surprised this one wasn't set in Japan. That seemed to be where everyone was betting it would be.

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    england looks like it should be fun.

just fix the pi system please.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    So far the trend I'm seeing in Xbox game announcements is "LOOK AT OUR ENGINES! LOOK AT HOW PRETTY!"

Guess they're really wanting folks to get those Xbox One Xs.

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    From the official site: (See link for many pretty pictures)
    Today, during the Xbox E3 2018 briefing, we showed how seasons change everything in the worldwide debut of Forza Horizon 4, the latest entry in the award-winning Forza Horizon series. This highly anticipated follow-up to 2016’s breakout hit Forza Horizon 3 brings players dynamic seasons in a shared open-world that change every week. Experience beautiful, historic Britain in spectacular native 4K and HDR, collect over 450 cars, and become a Horizon Superstar. Forza Horizon 4 will launch worldwide on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Game Pass on October 2, 2018 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title.

The Forza franchise has a strong history of featuring industry-leading cars and Forza Horizon 4’s British automotive cover cars are no exception – the McLaren Senna and the 1997 Land Rover Defender 90. In celebration of our long-term partnership with McLaren, the McLaren Senna will make its North American debut in our Mixer booth, located in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center during a Mixer live stream on Tuesday, June 12 at 11 a.m. PDT and displayed for E3 attendees throughout the week. E3 attendees can also take the Senna for a test drive in Forza Horizon 4 at the Microsoft Theater.

Featuring a shared-world experience with dynamic seasons in stunning native 4K and HDR, Forza Horizon 4 reimagines open-world driving with new features, historic locations in Britain, and more choice and customization than ever before.

· Seasons Change Everything – Forza Horizon 4 features dynamic seasons that change gameplay, unlocking new events and routes, impacting driving conditions, and transforming open-world exploration – all in native 4K and HDR. Players will be able to master driving in dry, wet, muddy, snowy and icy conditions in a shared world where everyone experiences changes in time of day, weather and seasons together.

· Open-World Freedom – Forza Horizon 4 allows players to choose their path to becoming a Horizon Superstar. We’re proud to introduce two of our most fan-requested features – a brand new Route Creator that lets you design and share your own custom race routes anywhere in the open world and the option to play at 60 frames per second for players on Xbox One X.

· Collect Over 450 Cars and Customize Your Horizon Life – With over 450 cars from more than 100 licensed manufacturers, Forza Horizon 4 features the largest and most diverse Horizon car roster yet with all the customization options Forza players love, like new Drift Suspension upgrades and driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes. And for the first time in the Horizon series, players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks.

· Go it Alone or Team Up – Players can choose to play alone, cooperatively or join multiplayer for casual fun or ranked teams. In addition, integrated Mixer broadcasting and spectating features add to an already fun and rewarding experience.

Available for pre-order starting on Monday, June 11 at your local Microsoft Store and on Microsoft.com, Forza Horizon 4 arrives worldwide on October 2, exclusively on Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs and Xbox Game Pass. Deluxe and Ultimate Editions will also be available for pre-order, which offer the base game, Formula Drift Car Pack and Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 28, the Day One Car Pack, two expansions and VIP Membership.

I am very in to everything they showed, both in the trailer and the stage presentation (I'll post that when it's around if someone doesn't beat me to it). The wording around the Route Creator in there gives me hope it will go further than 3's. And yes, I want to buy a house in Horizon, thank you.

Bloodsheed on
  • Options
    450 cars isn't very many. Isn't Motorsport at like 700 right now.

not that it matters, i'm gonna buy the dumb thing anyway.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018

100 more than Horizon 3 at launch, but it is lower than Motorsport, yeah.

Those videos I mentioned:
    Full Stage Presentation:
    https://youtu.be/oK8BibH8824

E3 Floor Demo:
    https://youtu.be/dGl00hItvbw

And a full, more in depth article from IGN.

Bloodsheed on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018

And 50 something of them are the same exact Formula E car, v8 super car, or Nascar. In FH3 I rarely drove any of the high end super cars because they are generally awful at anything off road.

So they added livestock to the game. I wonder if I accidentally hit a sheep will I come to a dead stop?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Has anybody been able to find the music they used for the trailer? I tried Googling the band and came up empty.

• Options
    I've heard of the UK road naming scheme here and there but never really looked it up.

4zagfbj43w9q.jpg

I thought maybe I'm being unfair in my saltiness so I looked at the demo, seems about right. Curvy two lane road along a river? Flat out at 180mph, "slow down" to 120 mph for one or two corners. Muddy rally race against motorcycles? Never below 85 mph, tiny brake tap once. Summer time? Flat out, announcer reminding you HYPERCAR HYPERCAR HYPERCAR LOOK AT OUR GRAPHICS OH WOW EYE CANDY JETS HYPERCAR. I guess the market must want to always be going triple digits in supercars all the time but it's farcical.

• Options
    edited June 2018

And 50 something of them are the same exact Formula E car, v8 super car, or Nascar. In FH3 I rarely drove any of the high end super cars because they are generally awful at anything off road.

So they added livestock to the game. I wonder if I accidentally hit a sheep will I come to a dead stop?

The a FM thing (the livery dupes), Horizon has never really done that to the same degree.

Livestock will work like the animals in Horizon 3 (aka: you can't hit them).

mRahmani wrote: »
    Has anybody been able to find the music they used for the trailer? I tried Googling the band and came up empty.

It's a cover of the Who's "I Can See For Miles" by Surfing The Apocalypse (feat. Chelsea Davis). It's not released yet, looks like it'll be up on Spotify, Apple Music, etc. on Tuesday.

Bloodsheed on
  • Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I've heard of the UK road naming scheme here and there but never really looked it up.

4zagfbj43w9q.jpg

I thought maybe I'm being unfair in my saltiness so I looked at the demo, seems about right. Curvy two lane road along a river? Flat out at 180mph, "slow down" to 120 mph for one or two corners. Muddy rally race against motorcycles? Never below 85 mph, tiny brake tap once. Summer time? Flat out, announcer reminding you HYPERCAR HYPERCAR HYPERCAR LOOK AT OUR GRAPHICS OH WOW EYE CANDY JETS HYPERCAR. I guess the market must want to always be going triple digits in supercars all the time but it's farcical.

as evidenced by when we played horizon 3 every was in a car that could go insanely fast the entire time, that seems to be about right.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

Livestock will work like the animals in Horizon 3 (aka: you can't hit them).

Hard pass, then. I was hoping for a furthest sheep punt stat, but without that why even make the game?