The world's a shambles. Two great Crashes have left us in a bad way. Eighty percent of people now only exist as wageslaves, signing away their freedoms for a lousy paycheck and meager security. The last twenty are split. Ten percent enforce the system as it is, and reap plenty from it.
Then there's us. We live by our own means. We were either left out by design, through not having a legitimate System Identification Number. Or we left by choice, rejecting the deal the corps gave us. Either way, we make our money in the shadows. Where we do the jobs that others can't or won't. Where trust is valuable, but not as much as a good payday. Where you need to shoot straight and watch your back. And where everything has a price.
Are you game, chummer?
This is a recruitment thread for a PbP game of Shadowrun 5th edition, aka Neuromancer, the RPG! Come be a person trying to live their own lives in a time where doing so is deadly. Preference is given to new players, both because it's always fun to get new players involved, and because I'm also new-ish to the setting and the blind leading the blind always ends well, right? Right now you can grab the Core Rulebook off of DrivethruRPG.com for $20, otherwise I'll be happy to assist people in generating a character with the basics.
Roll up a character using either the standard or new runner table given in the core rulebook. The more background info you give in your submission, the better it'll sound, and also the more likely I'll choose it! Also include in your submission your preferences for the following:
- Setting of either Seattle (the de-facto setting for a Shadowrun game, brimming with opportunities), Chicago (Large quarantine zone of bug spirits, what's not in there is either controlled by the mob or really racist. Your life is bleak if it's not 30+ miles west of Downtown) or San Francisco (Controlled by a Japanese Dictator until ~6 years before game start) - I'll provide a more in-depth rundown of the settings shortly
- Choice of one splatbook you would like to use to upgrade from in the future
- Whether or not you know other runners in this group, or if you're meeting them fresh. If you want to start out knowing each other, you don't have to just be the standard group of Shadowrunners if you don't want to! There's tons of different angles to take; your group can be a squad on a LoneStar / Knight Errant High Threat Response Team, or a new private investigation agency. You could be a Paranormal investigation squad, a group of wageslaves just now breaking out of the system, or an elite cadre of Yakuza operators! CHOICES!
- Above all, you need to submit a private goal that your character is working towards. Do they want to corner a piece of the stock market? Open their own pawn shop? Or just be the most famous runner that ever lived? Tell me!
Submissions will be open for the next couple of weeks, the game will probably start not long after the new year. PM me with any questions.
"Bauta", human Adept - Egos
Remaining Money: 260 nuyen
Remaining Karma: 3
*note replace Cat mentor with Wolf
"Blackfish", Troll Shaman - Brody
"Blackfish" Orcinus is slowly drowning.
Current Edge: 0
Ritual Spellcasting 1+
Talismongers (Seattle) 2
Local Spirits (Seattle) 2
Magic Theory 2
Cascade Orks 2
Local Diners 1
Shamanic Totems 2
-80 Rounds Hollow Point
Meta Link (Commlink Rating 1)
Fake SIN (Rating 1)
Fake Licence [Weapons] (Rating 1)
20 Drams of Reagents
Qualities and a big ass wall of text
Mentor Spirit (Sea) -5
Spirit Affinity (Beasts) -7
Focused Concentration [Rank 3] -12
Addiction [Alcohol][Severe] +20
Distinctive Style +5
"Tantrum", Troll Street Samurai - Maclay
"Breach", a human face/operator - Steelhawk
For Your Consideration...
Simon "Breach" Wilkins
Male Human Karma; 3
BOD:4(6) AGI:5 REA:5 STR:4 WIL:3 LOG: 3 INT:4 CHA:4 EDG:5 ESS:4.5 INIT:9
PHYSICAL:7 MENTAL:5 SOCIAL:6
Influence Group (Ettiquete, Leadership, Negotiation): 5
Automatics:2, Blades:2, Longarms:5, Pistols:6, Sneaking:2, Unarmed:2, Ground Pilot:1, Con:5, Perception:4, First Aid:2, Survival:3, Thrown:3
Runner Hangouts:1, Fixers:1, Mr J's:1, Street Knowledge [starting city]:3, Criminal Orgs/Gangs: 3, Law/Policing:3, HTR Tactics: 2
Ambidextrous, Quick Healer (+2 Pool vs. healing tests), Toughness (+1 BOD vs, damage tests), Will to Live(2) (+2 Dmg overflow)
Fixer (3/3), Street Doctor (3/3), KE Police Decker (Victoria 3/4), Mr. J (2/3)
(2) Combat Knives (7P, Acc 6, AP -3)
(2) Predator V's w/ 4 extra clips (8P, Acc 7, AP -1, Ammo 15)
Enfield AS-7 w/ 1 extra drum (13P, Acc 5, AP -1, Ammo 24)
(2) Flash Bangs (10S, AP -4)
Lined Coat (9) - Everyday Wear or Armor Jacket w/ Helmet (14) - Special Mission Wear
Aluminum Bone Lacing (+2)
Cybereyes 2 w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink, Low Light & Thermo
Cyberears 1 w/ Damper & Enhancement (1)
Low Lifestyle (1 year prepaid)
(2) Fake SIN's 2
(2) Concealable Holsters
(4) Thermite Burning Bars
"Frost", a human rigger - NotoriusBEN
here's my character finally done. As much as I'd ''love'' to go back and check out things in Rigger 5.0, I'll let you parse them out when we all have shopping trips...
Michael Khross aka Frost.
"Dumah", an ork adept decker - JohnnyCache
Gear listing for the group
Part 1, Job 1 - A Beatnik's Last Hurrah
For post edging rolls, use xd6h5. Everything else is xd6t5. For pre-edging, just use xd6t5, count the 6's and roll those again.