As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout 4] Playstation 4 Mods have been uncancelled??????

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    jwalk wrote: »
    I do no understand how to make lights work.

sometimes I stick them on the wall or ceiling and they turn on. sometimes not. sometimes they work until I try to move them, then they stop working. forever (?)

Lights need to be within a spherical distance of a power conduit or power pole that's connected to a grid with at least 1 unit of power surplus.

Which is to say if you have a light bulb that's not lighting up, move it closer to a power conduit, or place another power conduit closer to the light.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    They have to be within a few meters of a power link. If they turn off, put them in storage then pull them back out and reapply them.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    This is all way more work than I put into my settlements.

House. Beds. Water. Mutfruit. Radio Beacon.

Next Settlement.

Repeat.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

sometimes I stick them on the wall or ceiling and they turn on. sometimes not. sometimes they work until I try to move them, then they stop working. forever (?)

the get power from the couplers or pylons. Couplers (i think im using right name) is the one that allows the power to extend the copper lines.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Each pylon and conduit provides power in a radius around it of about 2 walls. Anything with the lightning bolt, but no number,(light bulb) will be activated in that radius. Anything with the lightning bolt and a number (industrial lights) will need to be connected via wires.

Do not try to turn a lamp on and off, it's buggy. If it doesn't work after you've done the above, store it, sleep for a period to reset the area, and try to hang the light again.

• Options
    Lights are for closers, Preston.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Radius wrote: »
    This is all way more work than I put into my settlements.

House. Beds. Water. Mutfruit. Radio Beacon.

Next Settlement.

Repeat.

building unique settlements is fun.

My Starlight Drive In Mega House is built on a concrete foundation surrounding the spring. Ground floor is the Rec center. There's a big dining room with a stove a viking long table and enough benches for everyone, there's a reading corner with a couch and a couple comfy chairs with reading lights, 2 filled magazine racks, a couple overdue books and a radio on a coffee table, there's a cigarette machine and a Nuka Cola machine surrounding a pool table with a full set of balls, two cues and a rack (scavenged from the wasteland of course)

The middle floor is the market. My settlers retire here after working for food and drink, there's weapons, armour, food and general emporiums with a juke box and a bunch of bar tables and stools, again enough for everyone.

Then the top floor is the bunkhouse. Every beed gets its own little nook with a shelf for personal storage. Only safety lighting up here so the guards can patrol without waking anyone. The private bathrooms are on this level, too.

Also all of my Starlight's citizens are dressed in Harnesses with leather armor and they all carry either sub machine guns or institute rifles.

#pipe on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    right, so it works about how I figured, it's just buggy. #Bugthesda

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    My mods appear to be completely broken. Truly, it is the blurst of times.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    My mods appear to be completely broken. Truly, it is the blurst of times.

Patch kinda messed up mods. If you're using something like Nexus Mod Manager, try starting it up, then Fallout (but don't hit play), enable them back on Mod Manager, then hit Play.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    A friend helped me figure it out; had to change the plugin file to read only, and launch through the exe rather than the launcher. I'm not using any mod managers because I got used to dealing with all of Morrowind's bullshit and nothing scares me anymore.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Unarmed is a lot of fun.
    I survived the glowing sea at level 12.

Those sting wings? The flying scorpions-- are vicious. I was jumped by three of them at a time several times. I had to reload. I broke out the shotgun, but it wasn't enough.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    My problem right now is that there are all these cool talents, but so far I've had to spend all my levels on crafting perks, and local leader so I can not go crazy trying to build settlements.

@Beasteh are you using any kind of mod manager?

Radius on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Alright, after going through MacCready's quest line i've changed my mind about him.
    At first the reveal that he had a wife and kid made me question why he was even a romance option at all, but then at the very end of course the reveal is that she died a while ago. The timing of initiating a romance with him just right then after he told me that was... awkward, I kind of wish that it was possible to just be friendly there and then later on at some point talk to them about romantic feelings but that's not how it works in the game. If you don't start a romance with them in their final story conversation then too bad, you're locked out forever.

Even with all that I really like him and my character getting together. They both lost their spouses and both are fighting to save their children. I even really like that there's a dialogue option for her to confirm that yes, she'll never really stop loving her husband but that this could work despite that. He still clearly loves his wife as well, so even though neither of them can really forget they can at least move forward together. It's pretty sweet.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Alright, after going through MacCready's quest line i've changed my mind about him.
    At first the reveal that he had a wife and kid made me question why he was even a romance option at all, but then at the very end of course the reveal is that she died a while ago. The timing of initiating a romance with him just right then after he told me that was... awkward, I kind of wish that it was possible to just be friendly there and then later on at some point talk to them about romantic feelings but that's not how it works in the game. If you don't start a romance with them in their final story conversation then too bad, you're locked out forever.

Even with all that I really like him and my character getting together. They both lost their spouses and both are fighting to save their children. I even really like that there's a dialogue option for her to confirm that yes, she'll never really stop loving her husband but that this could work despite that. He still clearly loves his wife as well, so even though neither of them can really forget they can at least move forward together. It's pretty sweet.

I don't know if it works this way for every companion, but Piper and Cait repeatedly brought up how grateful they were after I'd maxed out their affinity and every time I had the option to romance them.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I really like Strong. I really do. I like how, when someone who seems even mildly hostile approaches me, he reacts by crushing their skull with the super sledge I gave him.

His job is guarding my main settlement right now, though.

Because Deacon isn't awful at sneaking and likes it when I break into places and steal shit, which has been 90% of my MO in these games since 1997, so...

(Serious Deacon spoilers)
    I'm seeing some hot man on bot action in the near future for sho

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

I don't know if it works this way for every companion, but Piper and Cait repeatedly brought up how grateful they were after I'd maxed out their affinity and every time I had the option to romance them.

Was it a conversation prompted by them or just something you could do any time? I don't think i've traveled with any companions much past maxxing their affinity. Either way that's good to know, though I got over the initial weirdness of the moment pretty easily.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I was cycling through my targets during a fight and came across this.

vrvp6g0b7lhf.jpg

[edit] okay it happens out of fights too and somehow I've never seen this before but I'M LEAVING IT UP

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Found some interesting people, calling themselves The Pillars of the Community
    it's a cult. You are given the choice to join, at the low low price of everything you got. If you refuse, you can threaten the cult leader, but most likely you'll just have to slaughter them all.

Such nice people.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular

Was it a conversation prompted by them or just something you could do any time? I don't think i've traveled with any companions much past maxxing their affinity. Either way that's good to know, though I got over the initial weirdness of the moment pretty easily.

Prompted by them.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I can't believe the decision to inform factions or not in certain storyline quests is just something your character blurts out while you're trying to initiate a conversation with a faction leader. I want to keep the Brotherhood in the dark about certain things, but I still need to talk to Maxson!

• Options
    This is why it is crucial to save often.

• Options
    Found a note that said there was a .44 pistol in the Massachusets Common House

what could go wrong?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

You don't understand. I have no choice but to tell Maxson about a secret operation if I ever want to talk to him again.

Like, I literally went and did the mission without telling him after I posted that, and returned to turn in the BoS quest I wanted to prior and before I could turn in the quest I still told him about the operation as if it hadn't already happened.

It needed to be a dialogue choice that explicitly made certain that the reason you were speaking to this character was to inform them of this thing. Instead, it takes priority over every other conversation, even when it shouldn't take priority anymore.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I am.... LAVAMAN
    pahhnkk8kw31.jpg

I dunno wtf.. I think I got hit by a flamer and then popped a Stealthboy.

jwalk on
  • Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

You don't understand. I have no choice but to tell Maxson about a secret operation if I ever want to talk to him again.

Like, I literally went and did the mission without telling him after I posted that, and returned to turn in the BoS quest I wanted to prior and before I could turn in the quest I still told him about the operation as if it hadn't already happened.

It needed to be a dialogue choice that explicitly made certain that the reason you were speaking to this character was to inform them of this thing. Instead, it takes priority over every other conversation, even when it shouldn't take priority anymore.

My previous post still stands.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I never actually picked up Strong after I found him

So he just fucked off and now I don't know where he is

That's kind of a bummer

I could use a guard at Starlight Drive In

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I banished Macready to some shitty settlement down by the swamp and the glowing sea after he kept bitching about my play style.

Strong is standing guard at hangman's alley. He's all alone there.

Everyone else is at nordhagen beach, aka "companion town"

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Strong telling me he respected my character and her strength was undercut by his immediately calling me weak for taking rad damage from irradiated water.

I miss Fawkes and Lily.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    I'd like to meet Strong, MacCready, Curie and Cait. My other character met The others

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I am.... LAVAMAN
    pahhnkk8kw31.jpg

I dunno wtf.. I think I got hit by a flamer and then popped a Stealthboy.

I had that happen to my armour for a while, and was sad to see it go when I somehow managed to clear it. Incandescent army helmet and goggles.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Whippy wrote: »
    apparenly i completely missed out on macready and i "beat" the game a couple days ago with 100+ hours played

I'll bet there's tons of stuff you completely missed

there is waaaaaay more than 100 hours worth of game here

The developers were touting over 400 hours in pre-release interviews.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    100+ hours is believable. 400+ hours? Not so much. Unless you count the radiant quests. In which case, 4 million hours would have been just as viable a claim.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm very grateful someone made a mod that makes magazines and bobbleheads glow neon green, cuz I'm terrible at noticing them among all the other clutter.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    100+ hours is believable. 400+ hours? Not so much. Unless you count the radiant quests. In which case, 4 million hours would have been just as viable a claim.

I agree with you completely. Then again, a friend of mine has 72 hours in and still hasn't entered diamond city so maybe if you're incredibly thorough and spend a lot of time base building the 400 hr claim makes sense.

• Options
    Whoa, the one Drifter in Good neighbor is totally
    Deacon

That's great

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    I think the length of the game depends hugely on how you play. (I know, obvious, but bear with me.) I put ~150 hours into my first play-through and didn't bother to do more than a handful (ten?) of the radiant quests. On my second play-through I'm finding a TON of stuff that I never ran across in the first. New companion and their story. New places. A LOT of story hooks in locations I'd visited on my first character: places that I cleaned out for some faction quest but never realized there was an attic/basement with character stories about the original occupants, etc. I'm the sort who stops and reads all those journals and computer log entries, then goes "I wonder if that place this poor soul mentioned is nearby?" and goes to find it, I think I spend a lot of time being immersed in the world without doing quests or advancing objectives beyond my own entertainment. I could easily see 200 or 300 hours if I were trying to squeeze ever last drop of content out of the world.

In summary: there are some SAD and MESSED UP motherfucking stories in the Commonwealth. :[ :[

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    Yeah, I can spend a lot of time just exploring. I love the setting.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    The funniest story I have from Fallout is when I read the World Series news to my husband, especially the part where the Red Sox hadn't been to a world series since 18-something, and that worldwide nuclear apocalypse prevented them from winning this one.

And my husband, a die hard Yankees fan, said "Oh, so the Fallout universe is one where everything goes right."

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I want a mod that recreates the "baseball" that the guy from Diamond City tells you about.

Just opens up an underground bunker someplace that turns out to be an underground 'baseball' league stadium. At each end different teams of factioned enemies spawn and beat the hell out of each other. With leagues and scores and stats.... man I can't wait for Bethesda to release the GECK, I have a mod to make!