Options

The PODCAST THREAD has sinned against both Man and God.

TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
edited December 2015 in Social Entropy++
https://youtu.be/h1irjgfMC3A
(I was originally going to post the full song, but it turns out the second verse has transphobia in it. Hooray!)

Come on in, have a drink, and rest a spell.

Want to play some DnD? We've got a table where you can join right in!

Prefer something more intimate? You just play one-on-one.

Want to talk TV? How about Star Trek?

Or maybe some nostaglic kids' TV talk? How about Power Rangers?

Maybe general sci-fi is more your speed. We can do that.

Or perhaps you just want to talk videogames? That's cool, so do we.

Or you can just chill and talk about your favorite podcasts that didn't spawn from this forum. That's cool, too, I guess.

TheySlashThem on
«134567100

Posts

  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Ironically, most people who've listened to TWA have had the issue of not knowing our names.

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    So Big Macs

    Are alright. I don't really eat McDonalds. But when I do Big Macs are my jam.

  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hi!

    What the fuck are the GBEast guys playing?

    sig.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, we're recording out holiday special episode tonight, and Rugrats Chanukah won the poll.

    I need some questions and/or stories about holiday specials and/or rugrats!

  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Hi!

    What the fuck are the GBEast guys playing?

    It's called Sentient
    It's a 1997 PS1/PC title that is an adventure game in Bethesda-esque clockwork world.
    They are on a spacestation that is falling into the sun.
    They have not gotten very far in 1h30mins

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Yes SimBen, I do think Arkham Origins broke the melee combat.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If you really want to hear people awkwardly stall for a while so one of them can quickly wikipedia something, ask us Hanukkah-specific questions.

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, we're recording out holiday special episode tonight, and Rugrats Chanukah won the poll.

    I need some questions and/or stories about holiday specials and/or rugrats!

    @ThatDudeOverThere Podcast question: What family in the Rugrats most resembled your own?

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    So Big Macs

    Are alright. I don't really eat McDonalds. But when I do Big Macs are my jam.

    I'm sorry

  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Yes SimBen, I do think Arkham Origins broke the melee combat.

    Bummer.

    Not far enough in to notice any changes yet.

    sig.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i would easily take origins combat over the trainwreck of "NOW DO THIS NOW DO THIS NOW DO THIS" of knight

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I haven't played knight yet so I can't speak to it

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Man I liked Arkham Knight a lot, especially playing it through on hard mode (for the trophy) where it removes all the indicators. Not the best, but had a lot of fun.

    Cheers is my comfort food show.

  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I like both arkham origins and arkham knight

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    If you really want to hear people awkwardly stall for a while so one of them can quickly wikipedia something, ask us Hanukkah-specific questions.

    please dont do this

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Rugrats was a really weird show!

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    SanderJK wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Hi!

    What the fuck are the GBEast guys playing?

    It's called Sentient
    It's a 1997 PS1/PC title that is an adventure game in Bethesda-esque clockwork world.
    They are on a spacestation that is falling into the sun.
    They have not gotten very far in 1h30mins

    holy crap, Psygnosis made this
    I haven't thought about them since Colony Wars

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Every Arkham game was worse than the preceding one

  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If you really want to hear people awkwardly stall for a while so one of them can quickly wikipedia something, ask us Hanukkah-specific questions.

    please dont do this

    I mean, I'd love to learn more about Hanukkah. Live during a recording is probably not the best time for that to happen though.

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Rugrats was a really weird show!

    I have to say, and we will cover it

    But I thought it held up remarkably well compared to some of the other nick stuff of that era I have tried to rewatch

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I feel bad for having suggested it now.

  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I prefer this version
    https://youtu.be/o1-GMVVrtAg

  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I forget that other people don't like, incidentally know a lot about Hannukah

  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    i hate to be THAT GUY but i do need to clarify

    Party of One is a tabletop RPG podcast, not a boardgame podcast

    I specify this only because I discovered recently there's a long-running podcast I had never heard of that is 2-player BOARDGAME focused, and I don't want people thinking I'm stepping on their toes!

  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I feel bad for having suggested it now.

    Dont, it'll be fun

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I eat my mcdonalds burgers plain so big macs have nothing to offer me

  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Sometimes I forget that other people don't like, incidentally know a lot about Hannukah

    It's a real shame that that's the case.

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Almost everything I know about it I learned from that rugrats special.

    To be fair though I don't know all that much about Christmas either.

    Uriel on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Sometimes I forget that other people don't like, incidentally know a lot about Hannukah

    It gets even better with Kwanzaa

    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I eat my mcdonalds burgers plain so big macs have nothing to offer me

    They have nothing to offer anyone
    Less meat, more bread? That's not how any meal should be constructed

  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Fun Hannukah fact:
    Because I went to high school in a small town that didn't get a lot of movies, and because all of my friends when I was 15 were idiots (it's cool, I was an idiot too), I somehow got suckered into seeing 8 Crazy Nights in the theater like three fucking times

  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Fun Hannukah fact:
    Because I went to high school in a small town that didn't get a lot of movies, and because all of my friends when I was 15 were idiots (it's cool, I was an idiot too), I somehow got suckered into seeing 8 Crazy Nights in the theater like three fucking times

    did the nights get more or less crazy as you rewatched

  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Fun Hannukah fact:
    Because I went to high school in a small town that didn't get a lot of movies, and because all of my friends when I was 15 were idiots (it's cool, I was an idiot too), I somehow got suckered into seeing 8 Crazy Nights in the theater like three fucking times

    did the nights get more or less crazy as you rewatched

    The nights retained their original levels of craziness, but I began to lose my goddamn mind

  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Sometimes I forget that other people don't like, incidentally know a lot about Hannukah

    It gets even better with Kwanzaa

    I thought Kwanzaa-bot had that covered.

    Kwanza_book.png

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Fun Hannukah fact:
    Because I went to high school in a small town that didn't get a lot of movies, and because all of my friends when I was 15 were idiots (it's cool, I was an idiot too), I somehow got suckered into seeing 8 Crazy Nights in the theater like three fucking times

    did the nights get more or less crazy as you rewatched

    The nights retained their original levels of craziness, but I began to lose my goddamn mind

    but the net craziness levels still increased

    interesting...

  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Fun Hannukah fact:
    Because I went to high school in a small town that didn't get a lot of movies, and because all of my friends when I was 15 were idiots (it's cool, I was an idiot too), I somehow got suckered into seeing 8 Crazy Nights in the theater like three fucking times

    did the nights get more or less crazy as you rewatched

    The nights retained their original levels of craziness, but I began to lose my goddamn mind

    which night would you say is the craziest

  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Fun Hannukah fact:
    Because I went to high school in a small town that didn't get a lot of movies, and because all of my friends when I was 15 were idiots (it's cool, I was an idiot too), I somehow got suckered into seeing 8 Crazy Nights in the theater like three fucking times

    did the nights get more or less crazy as you rewatched

    The nights retained their original levels of craziness, but I began to lose my goddamn mind


    Sounds like you should have tried it 362 more times or so. Or maybe watching the same bad movie every day for a year is a really bad idea. We'll never know unless someone tries it!

    OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Hi!

    What the fuck are the GBEast guys playing?

    It's called Sentient
    It's a 1997 PS1/PC title that is an adventure game in Bethesda-esque clockwork world.
    They are on a spacestation that is falling into the sun.
    They have not gotten very far in 1h30mins

    holy crap, Psygnosis made this
    I haven't thought about them since Colony Wars

    Man Colony Wars was a shitty RTS.

    sig.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Psygnosis!? I miss Lemmings.

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.