As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Firefox not opening straight to WMP

XenoXeno Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, I go to a website and sometimes when I click a video link, it will open the file and then once its done, will play it in Windows Media Player. This is what I want. However, sometimes it will just ask where to save it even though I just want to open it and watch it. I don't have the option of just to open it.

However, in IE, this is not a problem. Clicking any link will open WMP, start buffering, and once its done, start playing.

What is happening in Firefox that it doesn't do the same thing like IE?

Xeno on

• Options
    xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    When it asks where to save it there should be an option "Open with" then a drop down box to select an application. Select WMP. Then at the bottom there's a check box "Do this automatically from now on." Check that and you should be good to go.

xraydog on
  • Options
    XenoXeno Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Nope, no such option. Goes straight to the screen like when you select "Save to...".

Xeno on