As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb Game of the Year Funstravaganza Threadtacular

Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
edited December 2015 in Social Entropy++
We are less than a hour away from the event of the year; 8 grown men sitting around a table and arguing about videogames into microphones for nearly 20 hours. REMEMBER TO PUT EACH DAYS EVENTS INTO SPOILERS, PLEASE!

Let's take a look at our participants

Giant Bomb West
maxresdefault.jpg
Jeff Gerstmann
Will Jeff be able to find love in his heart for Just Cause 3? Will he be able to overlook MGSV's terrible post-release support? Or will he put everything on Super Mario Maker?

2530819-bradface.png
Brad Shoemaker
Will Brad push for Destiny: The Taken King to be on the list? Will we hear the dread filibradster to keep Super Mario Maker from #1? Will he put DOTA2 as #1 again?

prUNUx7.png
"Dirty" Dan Ryckert
Will Dan be torn between his lifelong love of Metal Gear and his new flame, Super Mario Maker? Can he choose a winner, or will he be lost to indecision?

tumblr_nu278oQEem1rtiyh2o1_500.png
Drew Scanlon
Metal Gear Scanlon's own Drew Scanlon. Has he played enough MGSV to put his chips behind it? Or will another game find his fancy?

2743263-jasappointed.jpg
Jason Oestreicher
Resident fighting game expert and newly proud father (again) this year, Jason may not have had as much time to play games has he has still put his time in the trenches and will hopefully provide a cooler head. Or at least someone to puch Dan if he gets out of line.

Giant Bomb East
73KwjSz.jpg?1
Vinny Caravella
Forever short on time, Vinny none-the-less is a valuable member in that he's probably the closest thing we have to a referee in recent years, managing to end a fillibradster last year.

2186920-alex_shop_episode_2.jpg
Alex Navarro
The Wolf himself, Alex has made a name for himself reviewing some of the worst dross in videogames, and will be a valuable resource for when the podcast turns its gaze towards the less savory entries on the battlefield.

hqdefault.jpg
Austin Walker i.e. Professor Videogames
Newcomer Austin Walker has the potential to shake things up this year, dropping knowledge and truth. But will he be able to defeat the likes of Ignorance and Obstinance? (You know who you are.)

Undead Scottsman on

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Well this is going to go fast.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Well this is going to go fast.

Hence why we got permission to put it into a separate thread rather than gunk up the podcasts thread.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Please use spoiler tags when discussing each day's results!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Guess who's back
    Back again
    Guess who's back
    Tell a friend

(It's video games. Video games is back)

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I hope Brad does try to get Taken King on the list, because it's great.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Can't wait for this, I've been wanting to see how high undertale can go.

No I don't.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    2 hours of Dan and Jeff explaining why Super Mario Maker is the better than Fallout 4 and Phantom Pain

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    2 hours of Dan and Jeff explaining why Super Mario Maker is the better than Fallout 4 and Phantom Pain

Yeah. Okay.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Don't expect to see anyone fighting too hard for Fallout 4

Austin seems to be the only one who is really enthusiastic about it, and I don't know if he's enthusiastic about the game or his dope basketball court more

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    to be fair, it's a really dope basketball court

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm fine with all the "Super Mario Maker is great" talk that will come

Because it is

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Mario Maker number one believe forever

• Options
    Over/under on undertale being in the top 5?

No I don't.
  • Options

It'll probably be in the top five.

• Options
    Definitely not top 5

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    doubtful

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They all liked it but none of them have fallen into the internet obsession around it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Of course I've never actually played it due to it refusing to launch on my computer so who know!

• Options
    Ok, so so far we have 1 to 3 on it.

No I don't.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Fringe-S3x12-Outlook-not-so-good.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    1 to 4

No I don't.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    yeah I don't think so

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    1 to 5.

No I don't.
  • Options
    I mean we have like four days till we find out here.

• Options
    More than enough time for everyone to go on record.

No I don't.
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I can see it at 5. Otherwise only thing I'm sure is at the top are MGS, Mario, and Witcher.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Reminder that this is their game of the year and is in no means ment to be objective

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I'm going to be a bit surprised with Witcher makes it on the top five considering how down everyone was on it.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I'm really doubtful on the witcher being even in the top 10. 2 to 5

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I could see undertale making number 5 between jeff, austin, and alex "napstablook" navarro

• Options
    My guess:
    10) Destiny: The Taken King
    9) Until Dawn
    8) Undertale
    7) Fallout 4
    6) Dying Light
    5) Splatoon
    4) Rise of the Tomb Raider
    3) Rocket League
    2) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    1) Super Mario Maker

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    4 to 6 if you include me

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    I'd be fine with that.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i would like to bet fifty simoleons that more than 25%--but less than 75%--of giant bomb's staff will say the word "undertale" in the first ninety minutes of the discussion

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I don't see Undertale getting higher than 8

If I had to guess, I'd put it in the #10 spot

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    My guess:
    9) Until Dawn
    8) Undertale
    7) Fallout 4
    6) Dying Light
    5) Splatoon
    3) Rocket League
    2) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    1) Super Mario Maker

Swap dying light and until dawn, I think

• Options
    i would like to bet fifty simoleons that more than 25%--but less than 75%--of giant bomb's staff will say the word "undertale" in the first ninety minutes of the discussion

Of the actual day five podcast or todays?

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    My guess:
    9) Until Dawn
    8) Undertale
    7) Fallout 4
    6) Dying Light
    5) Splatoon
    3) Rocket League