As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbone gamepad + PC = ???

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
Because I secretly loathe myself I've been playing Dark Souls 2 with KBAM.

But I decided it's finally time to get a gamepad, and I've always liked the Xbox ones. So, is anything special needed to hook one up to the PC? Will the play & charge kit work?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Well, that was easy - any Xbone gamepad + a micro USB cable?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Yup. I found it still needed batteries, but seems to be powered by the cable as I had the same pair for months. Maybe just needs the batteries for initial start?

I eventually got the dongle so now mine is wireless on Windows 10. Downside is batteries go much faster of course.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I got one just for my PC. The cable that came with is just a standard micro USB. I eventually got a rechargeable battery and the dongle too so I could play stuff streaming to my TV.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah I got the dongle both for lack of wires and also because I found the usb port on the pad got a bit finnicky after a while and kept loosing connection, usually right when I really didn't need it to happen.

The wireless is brilliant though, highly recommended!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO