As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] 2015 somehow had 367 days of injuries

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    New Japan suffering. Peyton standing tall. Trump in the news. HHH as champ.

Why'd we have to get sent back to the early 2000s

ed: Suzukigun's probably done in NOAH. Which means Shelton Benjamin on the main roster of a company. Yep, early 2000s is back confirmed.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    The Tanahashi news seems like an oddly appropriate way to end this thread, considering the OP and title.

sigh

• Options
    welp
    I have basically a broken neck, a pretty bad herniated disk. What makes mine a little bit difficult than most people is that I have some disk behind my vertebrae so with a lot of prayers we’re gonna pray that the doctors can get the piece behind my vertebrae with just a bone fusion.

[Had pain since July, had MRI in Oct] Right when we saw that [MRI] we knew OK no more ring work. So it’s just been a wear and tear and what we do it’s entertainment but there’s a reason why we say, ‘Don’t try this at home.'

As of now I will be in the hospital just for a day or two. But unfortunately I will be at home with a neck brace for three months, no travel. I can barely be in the car because of the spot where my injury is in, my C6 my C7, I have to try as much as I can not to move my neck so it can heal. In six months time is when I will get that final X-ray to be like, ‘Hey look you can get back in that ring and kick some ass.'

But...There is a potential that this is career-ending. We will only know that when I get out of surgery on Wednesday and then basically how the bone heals Wednesday. So that’s been tough but I truly have such hope that I will get to compete in that ring another day, I really do.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    New Japan suffering. Peyton standing tall. Trump in the news. HHH as champ.

Why'd we have to get sent back to the early 2000s

ed: Suzukigun's probably done in NOAH. Which means Shelton Benjamin on the main roster of a company. Yep, early 2000s is back confirmed.

I'm not sure what you mean by that Shelton remark. Which main roster?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The VGCW season premiere is tomorrow, at least

What could PAWSSIBLY go wrong?

• Options
    Wait all of Suzuki-gun is leaving? That's freaking 9 guys!

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Close this injury jinx of a thread.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I may not think Nikki is anything special as a performer, but I still wish the best for her and hope that she isn't forced out of doing something she loves.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

They're in a storyline right now where Suzuki has a title match and if he loses they're all gone.

At this point 9 more people in New Japan, all healthy, and even just one big name like Suzuki, would only benefit New Japan.

• Options

They're in a storyline right now where Suzuki has a title match and if he loses they're all gone.

At this point 9 more people in New Japan, all healthy, and even just one big name like Suzuki, would only benefit New Japan.

Well I don't blame New Japan for wanting 9 talents transferred over. Isn't NOAH a massive quagmire of financial ruin right now?

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    The VGCW season premiere is tomorrow, at least

What could PAWSSIBLY go wrong?

That Bubsy doesn't debut

(he won't)

but tomorrow is finally the night

for fun wres

• Options
    I mean, the other shows have been going strong but I'm excited for Drac to be Back

• Options

Well I don't blame New Japan for wanting 9 talents transferred over. Isn't NOAH a massive quagmire of financial ruin right now?

Being outed as having Yakuza ties in the former management, plus having Takeshi Morishima as your only major big draw/champ after a lot of years, tends to do that. Marufuji's there and huge now, Jado's there and helping, Suzukigun brought it a lot of attention, but none of it mattered. Damage was done, no matter how much New Japan tried to help when they took it over, it wasn't ever going to be enough.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Probably Rock

because Miami

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Why is rampant rumor breaking news?

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Probably Rock

because Miami
    I legit thought he might show up last night.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Breaking Rumor: News are running rampent

• Options
    Guess we're due for a taker appearance

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    bring back Cody and Sandow

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I am going to smack down tomorrow weeee

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ok I think I got the next OP ready to go.

As an aside, what is the image size on gifs again?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

500kb

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

500kb i think

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    What about gifv/webms?

• Options
    I don't know what those are.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options

I guess the Amell thing fell through?

• Options
    I don't know what those are.

Twitter videos/gifs are webms I believe, and gifvs are imgur gifs that you add the letter v to after copypasting the url which lets it play automatically like a regular gif but without the long loading time wait

• Options
    Maybe it's best Amell never has a singles match in WWE, I doubt he wants to jeopardize his film career if he can't train long enough to take bumps.

• Options
    So are you able to post larger size gifs using gifv?

Also why is the only video of Kevin Steen turning on Generico at Final Battle on youtube include the entire match vs the Bucks as well?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options

Being outed as having Yakuza ties in the former management, plus having Takeshi Morishima as your only major big draw/champ after a lot of years, tends to do that. Marufuji's there and huge now, Jado's there and helping, Suzukigun brought it a lot of attention, but none of it mattered. Damage was done, no matter how much New Japan tried to help when they took it over, it wasn't ever going to be enough.

So who owns it right now? Is it not practical to just fold the promotion and poach the good talent?

• Options
    So are you able to post larger size gifs using gifv?

Also why is the only video of Kevin Steen turning on Generico at Final Battle on youtube include the entire match vs the Bucks as well?

This is what I'm trying to figure out, because we are allowed to embed tweets with gifs in them, and obviously youtubes, and I was under the assumption that gifvs work in the same manner as those from a data loading standpoint. Which was why my one post had a bunch of gifvs instead of gifs.

But if they don't work like that and aren't allowed that's fine, don't want to screw anything up.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm just gonna check this gifv thing here before the thread closes.
    We'll see if that works.

Edit: jesus I am bad at this ok hold on.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    New thread for Raw, yay

• Options
    You actually have to convert the gif to a gifv using imgur to make it work, I think.

Then technically it's an embeddable video file.

...I think

• Options
    example

http://i.imgur.com/Bx7fW.gif

with v added to the end becomes

• Options
    So like

http://i.imgur.com/kIrfzSX.gif

Becomes

Ya?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The same limit applies but a gifv is about 6-10x smaller than a gif so you get away with more.
    You need a special plugin in most browsers to check gifv sizes though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Quick someone tell me if that is too big.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
This discussion has been closed.