As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Texas de Brazil group dinner

• Options
    Wzagorski89Wzagorski89 Sinton, TXRegistered User regular
    Wow this is turning into a nice sized group, we might have to consider doing this again next year!

#MonsterHunterXForTheWest , #MH4U 4613-9575-9123 , HR G3 Hunter , Insect Glaive user.
  • Options
    StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    If all goes well which I'm sure it will if definitely be up to do it again.

• Options
    pragmanicpragmanic Registered User regular
    YAAAAAAS

• Options
    shimwoodshimwood Registered User regular
    I haven't seen it discussed yet, but I noticed that the website lists a smart/business casual dress code. Does anyone know if they're lax on that for the Expo? I was already planning on bringing a nice change of clothes anyway, but it would be good to know if I need to change Saturday afternoon.

khd33hubozxv.png
  • Options
    shimwood wrote: »
    I haven't seen it discussed yet, but I noticed that the website lists a smart/business casual dress code. Does anyone know if they're lax on that for the Expo? I was already planning on bringing a nice change of clothes anyway, but it would be good to know if I need to change Saturday afternoon.

Good question I did read a bit and online and it looks like casual clothes should be fine but I really should get around to calling to doublecheck that since I'll be in a T-shirt and comfortable pants.

• Options
    I think with a group of gamers who are there for an expo going to an early dinner, we should be OK. I don't think they'd kick us out, but I would probably not wear like, a plain white t-shirt and gym shorts. I'll probably wear a sweater and jeans.

• Options
    So far, the google doc (add your name if you are going if you haven't already done so!) shows 11 people. If it's ok, I'd like to get a group picture of us all either before or after the feast? If that's alright.

I'll be in San Antonio by Thursday if anyone wants to meat, err.. meet up beforehand.

#MonsterHunterXForTheWest , #MH4U 4613-9575-9123 , HR G3 Hunter , Insect Glaive user.
  • Options
    I'll be at the pre pax game night wzag if your going.

• Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    How are we all going to recognize each other to meet up? Should we all have silly hats on or something?

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    I'd say just where our pax badges and ask for the giant reservation though I do love me a good silly hat :)

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Wzagorski89 was warned for this.
    If you see me, just yell Zag.
    mod edit: removed img tags from oversized image
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/hp/42pbrqz2di14.jpg

zerzhul on
  • Options
    MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    When my husband had his birthday party at Texas de Brazil a couple of years ago, he wore a polo shirt and jeans. Pretty sure the rest of his crew (it was a guys' night out so I wasn't actually in attendance) was dressed similarly and they didn't have any problems.

• Options
    unhallowed1014unhallowed1014 Registered User regular
    I have been to the one by me in O town and have went dressed up as well as in shorts and a tshirt... don't think they care immensely as long as they get your money. On a different note, will clarify tonight with the gf whether we will be in attendance

• Options
    As long as blue jeans, tennis shoes, and sweaters are allowed, I'm "cool". Hehe, get it? 'Cause it's Winter.

• Options
    57jpeqwg4ixk.jpg
    So....looks like me and the gf are confirmed....pic from last year so you know who we are..... look forward to it

• Options
    on a different note....Wow, I look like a tool in pics lol

• Options
    edited January 2016
    ah i see the homeworld lanyards from last south :)

StinkyTurd on
  • Options
    We're on the last week here folks, if you haven't decided on coming yet or not, now's the time.

• Options
    So....have we clarified attire? Do I need to bring a change of clothes? or would a tshirt/jeans/shorts be ok?

• Options
    So....have we clarified attire? Do I need to bring a change of clothes? or would a tshirt/jeans/shorts be ok?

I would bring a long sleeve shirt, just in case.

• Options
    ok, yeah the ones here are kindve lax.....but it is in mouse town

• Options
    edited January 2016
    ATTN TEAM MEAT

We're getting down to the wire on signing up on the Google Doc for dinner! So far I have:

StinkyTurd
    RILMS (+2)
    wzagorski89
    level1gamer
    TNTrooper
    unhallowed1014 & girlfriend
    shimwood (Plus one)

Including myself, that's 11 folks! WOWIE! to reiterate, I will be finalizing the reservation tomorrow at 5PM eastern time, 4PM San Antonio time!

If you cannot come, please take your name off of the list - if you can come and your name is not on the list, please add yourself to the list! With a group this size, if we make a reservation for 11 and show up with 4 or 15, it makes us (as PAXers) look bad. We are not bad! PAX GOOD.

I think the consensus on attire is "smart casual," which I believe means we're all intelligent adults who know not to go to a nice dinner looking like slobs. It does look like it's going to be pretty warm on Saturday, so I will probably wear a polo-type shirt and jeans.

As mentioned, the menu is a set price (but does not include drinks, tax, tip) and is all-you-can-eat . I'm going to call the reservation in tomorrow and ask about how hard it'll be to split bills.

If you show up at the restaurant and don't know where to find us, ask for the Leroy Jenkins table, as that is the name I am making the reservation under. We can all do formal intros when we meet up.

SATURDAY AT 5PM

GO TEAM MEAT!

pragmanic on
  • Options
    pragmanic wrote: »
    If you show up at the restaurant and don't know where to find us, ask for the Leroy Jenkins table!

I love our group. XD

• Options
    TacroyTacroy Registered User new member
    I'm in! I really should have looked at the forums sooner...

• Options
    Will I be kicked out if I ask for our table in the only acceptable manner?

khd33hubozxv.png
  • Options
    Possibly. They do not understand our ways.

Also I just got into San Antonio. Heyo!

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

Pants are probably required by the dress code.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ATTN TEAM MEAT!!!

I have reserved our table, looks like we went to FIFTEEN FOLKS! HOLY SCHMOLY!

They are fine to seat all of us and she said splitting checks is no problem!

I look forward to meating you all on Saturday at 5PM at Texas de Brazil.

Until then, ENJOY THE FIRST DAY OF PAX SOUTH!!!

KEEP CALM AND BEEF ON

• Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I will have my Pirate hat on during the weekend for easy identification :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    Stinky and I met up at the Pre-PAX Game Night, so I'll be able to identify him. XD
    (Sorry we didn't get your HR up Stinky, I like to bring the lower members up to speed, and I kind of rambled about my set, whoops)

• Options
    Stinky and I met up at the Pre-PAX Game Night, so I'll be able to identify him. XD
    (Sorry we didn't get your HR up Stinky, I like to bring the lower members up to speed, and I kind of rambled about my set, whoops)

No worries I had fun :)

• Options
    so, to be clear....its at 4 pm local time and 5 eastern right? this whole time I was thinking its at 5 local(central)

• Options
    edited January 2016
    No...I made the reservation at 5PM Eastern time, *for* 5PM local time. The restaurant will not be open at 4PM so please do not arrive at 4PM.

The reservation is for 15 at 5PM central.

pragmanic on
  • Options
    nbs2nbs2 Registered User regular
    With 15 in the reservation, does that mean there is room for a couple more that never committed?

• Options
    No, sorry. There are 15 people who committed.

• Options
    Tomorrow is the big day. Remember that if you're going to Indies Need Booze afterwards, eat plenty to help slow down the effects of alchohol, and don't overdo it. If you intend to drink alchohol at Texas de Brazil, should the offer it, might be for the best to just have 1 or 2. I want everyone to be safe on the roads and make it back home safe.

• Options
    Sadly I have to miss Indies need booze now :( but the dreadnought party is apparently the same time and I LOVE that game. Also Texas Brazil does at least serve a signature cocktail if anyone's predrinking but drink in moderation guys.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Wow this is turning into a nice sized group, we might have to consider doing this again next year!

We absolutely must do this next year.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That. Was. AMAZING!
    Definitely need to do this again!

• Options
    Working on my savings plan for next year already!

khd33hubozxv.png