Options

You remind me of the [chat]

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    stop motion adventure time was impressive

the work that must take

poo
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Re: Trump Rally

Hiring kids / teens to sing and dance about crushing your nation's enemies is so uncomfortably fascist

worse

it's unapologetically fascist

None of you here are going to handle a Republican in the White House very well.

not if it's any of the ones at the head of the pack right now

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    VFBHKR9l.png

Today (And Tuesday)'s sketches...

Thanks to, i think, Abdhyius and "Blameless Cleric" who told me to do a stick figure then bubbles... i think It helped me a lot.

Sketching is a lot more fun than i thought.

i was pretty much 80% sure that i'd want to cut my hands off after each attempt, but nope!

(I don't want to be BotP'd)

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    The lady at the job fair said I'd be a pretty good fit at Lockheed with my experience.

She asked if I like Jets.

Yes. I like Jets. Lockheed lady.

Lockeed has one of the worst life to work ratio out there btw.

I was going to post this earlier but I got busy.

They do good stuff but I am from the home of Lockeed Martin. 60+ hour work weeks are not uncommon at times.

That might be a DC thing.

My acquaintances at LM in Orlando didn't work obsessively long hours. I mean, 40-45 was the norm, but not 60+ regularly.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I opened the apartment door and nearly fainted from the weed smell.
    Haven't they heard of using a spoof. Seriously no need to reek up the area.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    oh my god soda dungeon is dumbest thing that i can't stop playing

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    The lady at the job fair said I'd be a pretty good fit at Lockheed with my experience.

They do good stuff but I am from the home of Lockeed Martin. 60+ hour work weeks are not uncommon at times.

My acquaintances at LM in Orlando didn't work obsessively long hours. I mean, 40-45 was the norm, but not 60+ regularly.

Denver.

I don't know about here in DC.

The Martin part of Lockeed Martin is out of Denver. ULA is there too.

Also the engineers and stuff. The work life balance has always been shit. About 60% of my dad's patients worked at Lockeed and that was common. One of my best friends is at the ULA part of Lockeed and he does 50+ hour weeks a shit ton.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Kickstarter continued to grow in 2015 — especially as a destination for games, with nearly 1 million backers contributing more than $133.6 million to 2,259 successful projects, according to statistics published by Kickstarter today.

Both the funding and the number of projects were up significantly from 2014, when gaming Kickstarters raised a total of $76.1 million for 1,980 successful projects.

Interesting, the funding jumped up way more than the number of projects.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

How recent is that? Everyone I've met never does more than 40 hours, and a lot of them work from home.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    oh my god soda dungeon is dumbest thing that i can't stop playing

I played it for a bit.

My problem with all those types of games is nothing actually changes, so I get bored after a bit of progress and the grind stops being enough and since there's literally nothing else to those games, that's the end. The same thing happened with Dungeon Boss and Space Miner Wars, although I got a lot more mileage out of that last one because there's a few different things to do and attack on other players' bases allows you to employ a few different tactics.

• Options

How recent is that? Everyone I've met never does more than 40 hours, and a lot of them work from home.

See my last post.

Recent as Thanksgiving.

Maybe programmers are different but they abuse the shit out of their engineers and some of their other staff.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Denver.

Also the engineers and stuff. The work life balance has always been shit. About 60% of my dad's patients worked at Lockeed and that was common. One of my best friends is at the ULA part of Lockeed and he does 50+ hour weeks a shit ton.

Weird my brother was in Colorado Springs, worked as a software engineer (same field) and never had long hours like that.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

Denver.

In DC/MD the Lockheed people I know work in the 45-50 hour range. And they get paid Texa$.

• Options
    Probably just mechanical and electrical engineers that get fucked.

Either way, for six figures I'd do 60 hour weeks.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    oh to add on the above, in his excellent book "Egypt, Israel and Canaan in Ancient Times" Redford generally takes the view that the exodus is not based on any real event. But he does spend some time on what - if one disregards anything in the bible about dates or numbers - it could potentially be a memory of. He makes the interesting observation that there was one event where people from Canaan were forced out of Egypt. But it puts quite a different spin on the story if so.

Way back near the end of the Middle Kingdom (maybe 18th or 19th century BCE, it's hard to date) Egypt was having problems. The central government had broken down and there were multiple people ruling parts of the Nile all claiming to be the one true Pharaoh. A coalition of peoples from the eastern Mediterranean took the opportunity to invade. The later Egyptians referred to them as "Rulers of Foreign Lands" and the Egyptian for that was mangled by the Greeks into the word "Hyksos" (which later led to no end of scholars assuming this was an ethnic designation and arguing about where the "hyksos" came from and often asserting they must have been White People).

The coalition of the Hyksos raided down the Nile at least to south of Thebes in the far south (there is a destruction level from that time at the site). But they probably only directly conquered and stayed in the Delta with a capitol at Avaris. Upper Egypt was probably reduced to city-states owning allegiance and tribute to Avaris. The descendants of the conquerors seem to have been fairly successful and prosperous for nearly 100 years. In the far south several Egyptian cities put themselves back together and started growing more independent over time. Eventually a particularly effective ruling family from Thebes starting making war on the other Egyptian cities of Upper Egypt and building up power to challenge Avaris. Although they had a rough time of it for a while (the mummy of one of their leaders shows he was hacked down in battle, though against who is unknown) the ruling family of Thebes eventually conquered the length of the Nile becoming the 18th Dynasty and starting the New Kingdom period.

The circumstances of its creation led to the ruling dynasty of the New Kingdom to have something of a persecution complex. There is a strong sense of "never again!" in their proclamations and foreign policy. When they conquered the delta and forced its rulers to flee into Canaan they insisted on following through with the war all the way across the northern Sinai into the Negev until they had wiped out the rulers of Avaris and all their holdings. From then on they had an extremely aggressive foreign policy which, as they tell it, was basically "conquer them before they can do it to us again". This led to the creation of the empire that I mentioned above. For the previous 1500 years the Pharaohs had frequently raided other lands but had never shown any interest in sticking around. The 18th dynasty (especially during the time of their military genius Thutmose III) decided the only way to secure the Nile was to conquer the land of Canaan for good.

And so we have the only time in history where a people from Canaan were forced out of Egypt by a wrathful Pharoah.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »

Denver.

In DC/MD the Lockheed people I know work in the 45-50 hour range. And they get paid Texa$.

Yeah that is true. My friend is a CPA with clearances that have a lot of letters at the end. He does work a lot. Dude also makes god damn bank.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Now, he is betting on North Korea.

James Passin, a hedge fund manager at Firebird Management, believes the nuclear-armed country sits on as much as a billion barrels of crude — enough to make it as big a producer as Oklahoma. If the oil exists, he wants to help unlock it.

“You have a country with 25 million people — young, highly disciplined, literate — and a strong military-industrial complex,” he said in an interview. “It’s possible that the early investors will be rewarded with potential for massive appreciation.”

I mean I guess that's one possible way to describe the people of North Korea....

Literate seems like a stretch. :bzz:

But uhh that is special.

The official rate is 99%. The reality isn't probably that high but still considering how backwards it is in so many other respects a 70% literacy rate would be pretty good.

• Options
    Either way, it's better than 40-50 hours now where I get fucking pico-managed with 4 phone calls a day asking me "so... is anything new?"

• Options
    I had hoped to do it silently so my boss wouldn't find out.

Then as I was walking out, the camera crew for the news station was broadcasting.

FML.

• Options

Then as I was walking out, the camera crew for the news station was broadcasting.

FML.
    Your boss isn't going to watch the local news.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

FML.

Bowen on the news

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    tomorrow I go to work for Choco

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I watched that Trump video from a few pages back and I checked. There is a black person in the audience! Just one!

Question about this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ITLuMDEgJ0

I was being weird and looking at soundtracks for stuff I've been in (In college, not in the 70s) and noticed the comments.

Every comment on that video is by the same person. Months apart!
    "And She Will Sing With Me Back And I Will Say Come On Charli Repeat After Me When I Sing It And You Sing The Second Part"

Is this a fucked up bot or what?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i watched that entire trump video

i

wh

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    This cool story on the history and failure of Bitcoin popped up in my newsfeed.

https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.l4ydfsomp

sig.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

True story: I failed my first driving test because I wasn't aggressive enough.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

FML.

Bowen on the news

It was more like this:

RNq5vAd.gif

bowen on
  • Options
    My roommates be sernaded by me at the moment. In a mood so I am singing along with my music.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.l4ydfsomp

This was a good read! And also disappointing, I thought Bitcoin was neat.

• Options

lololololol

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

now bitcoin is dead too? ;-;

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

always in threes

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    China went and ruined Bitcoin for everyone.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Isn't bitcoin misunderstood by pretty much everybody?

What I'm sayin' is, how do we know it's really dead?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I wouldn't do consistent 60 hour weeks for six figures. Or at least not the six figures range that saying "six figures" implies.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

always in threes

My question is: how did he sell all his coins??

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

Do u like sharks tho

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    milski wrote: »

I wouldn't do consistent 60 hour weeks for six figures. Or at least not the six figures range that saying "six figures" implies.

I would consider it for like two years maybe

As long as it's... yeah at least a little higher than just what's implied by six figures

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I'm a season into Person of Interest.

It is a better Burn Notice.

It gets better too

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
This discussion has been closed.