As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Winter Storm Jonas

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Honestly?

Winter is the only time for ice cream.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    what is it about snowstorms that makes home-night-drinking seem so appealing?

Because I can't decide between a nice G&T, hard cider, or a couple different scotches.

what scotch?

DO YOU WANT TO BE SCOTCH BUDDIES?!

please say yes.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I had some root beer earlier.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Because I can't decide between a nice G&T, hard cider, or a couple different scotches.
    You're stuck in your house and won't be able to leave so there is no potential scenario of having to drive somewhere hanging over your head

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I am not snowed in but will join you folks, except Graham, in solidarity by drinking this Angry Orchard and watching a lot of X-Files

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    @Blankzilla how are you liking X-Files

• Options
    It is good! I'm using that Recommended list but also stopping to watch any one offs that sound interesting

Last one I watched was Die Hand Verletz and I loved it so much

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Woo, East TN!

We're supposed to get about 5 inches tonight. I definitely won't be going to work. Time to play an entire Game of Civ 5 in one sitting.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It is good! I'm using that Recommended list but also stopping to watch any one offs that sound interesting

Last one I watched was Die Hand Verletz and I loved it so much

That is a good one. Wait until you get to Jose Chung. OH! And Bad Blood.

So good.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I'm imbibing some hard cider

This is good, I am good with this

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    FortyTwo wrote: »

what scotch?

please say yes.

:+1:

Glenlivet and Highland Park, both 12

• Options
    CosCos Registered User regular
    I can no longer see the grass in my yard, and I have plans to meet up with new local friends tomorrow to bar hop in our hood and enjoy the snow. I'm loving city blizzard life so far... and I sincerely hope I'm not jinxing myself.

• Options
    FortyTwo wrote: »

what scotch?

please say yes.

:+1:

Glenlivet and Highland Park, both 12

Laphroaig 10 here in Baltimore

• Options
    Cos wrote: »
    I can no longer see the grass in my yard, and I have plans to meet up with new local friends tomorrow to bar hop in our hood and enjoy the snow. I'm loving city blizzard life so far... and I sincerely hope I'm not jinxing myself.

Oh man, City blizzard drinking is the best. Godspeed youth.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    game plan: pretend snow doesn't exist

Aw Seconds is such a good book to read in a snowstorm, too!

i'm about 3/4 through and it's really good! i've found 2 nods to scott pilgrim and a couple comicker cameos but i'm sure there are plenty more

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm drinking this Japanese whiskey over here and it is just not my favorite, going back to Ireland or Scotland with my next bottle.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    we've been getting some of snow since the start of january but it's just warm enough to keep the roads clear. funny that WNY is going to be way behind a bunch of areas in total snowfall after this.

Jars on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I am on the best coast right now

Why did you easterners steal all our snow?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    If any of you guys are in the deep deep snow dont forget to shovel your driveway as often as you can

It sucks, but shoveling it when it is anything deeper than 5 inches is infinetly worse

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have my stout.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    We got a hint of snow so far this year on the other side of the country, but I wasn't satisfied. It would make work a living hell because I work at a grocery store but man I really wanna see a good snowfall. I don't want another year where I just sit and pout in jealously that you guys get snow.

I didn't even see frost last year.

Next year is 2017 though, perhaps that once a decade storm will arrive and we'll get snowfall? 2006/2007 we had about 2 feet at most.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Kh4lZ2M.jpg

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    None of the mail trucks can get out of Harrisburg to get stuff to the post offices so my ass is staying home! Wooooo!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Forgot to get water in the storm preparation shopping. Because around here, that is normally not a thing to really worry about.
    But then. .. something happened with a water main right before the storm. And now the neighborhood's water is brown. Ours seems ok, but there has been literally no communication from anybody other than vague rumors and one gothamist article that I found. The information was, yeah it's brown, but totally ok, no we won't say why it's brown.
    Of course, bottled water around town is all sold out, and I bet the storm will make it harder to get.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Ah... jeez
    This isn't going to stop, is it

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    None of the mail trucks can get out of Harrisburg to get stuff to the post offices so my ass is staying home! Wooooo!

Yeah the capital area has about a foot right now and it isn't stopping yet.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    4 inches near Bloomsburg, PA

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    It's so weird living in New England and hearing about someplace else having a huge blizzard.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    We got flurries here down to Charleston now. So weird seeing social media of snow on palmetto trees.

• Options
    CosCos Registered User regular
    It's easily a foot in my part of Philly. I am also happy to report that my southern dog is a big, big fan of snow.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    a bit over 12" here in Southern Maryland

I'm a bit let down, but that's ok

It's still coming down, but not very hard

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    This is my deck right now

MC6xWZUh.jpg

mRt8G1hh.jpg

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Sup, Scarface

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    That makes me feel homesick in a weird way. Except I'm living at home.

Look just send us like, half that snow. I wanna go tobogganning.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    we have a sledding field trip in a few weeks, I'm pretty pumped

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    This is my deck right now

MC6xWZUh.jpg

mRt8G1hh.jpg

JESUS

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    26 inches in NoVA

ladies

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    we have a sledding field trip in a few weeks, I'm pretty pumped

Like, there's enough snow to go sledding

But we haven't had snowfall in like two weeks, so it's all pressed down and there's no convenient snowdrift to land in if you do something stupid

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    zOzQQZ5.jpg

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Probably should have picked up those new boots I've been meaning to get yesterday, huh. Wonder if there's any chance my local mall is open...

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code