As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Super Best Friends Play] i have to arrest myself for honking my own dick

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Whoof. Liam and Pat trying to turn in the materials for a sidequest they hadn't started yet was really painful to watch. Especially since that was one of the few worthwhile sidequests in Nier.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    woolie insisting catherine takes place in Japan is the most insane shit ever

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Furu wrote: »
    woolie insisting catherine takes place in Japan is the most insane shit ever

doesn't it take place in Inaba?

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    It takes town in Japantown, USA, duh. In Phoenix Wright's universe where WWII didn't happen and Japanese-American culture wasn't suppressed. (I really wish I could live in the universe where WWII didn't happen.)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Re: podcast: If Liam's favorite Touhou song was used in a drummer rhythm game, it was probably Pristine Beat.

• Options
    he pulls a black baby out of his backpack...

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Going through some older podcasts
    I like Pat being opinionated, but hooooooly crap is he unwilling to hear dissenting opinions. It's infuriating!
    Specifically his opinion that voice actors shouldn't feel attachment to the roles they play (#138)

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    It takes town in Japantown, USA, duh. In Phoenix Wright's universe where WWII didn't happen and Japanese-American culture wasn't suppressed. (I really wish I could live in the universe where WWII didn't happen.)

I dunno if I'd make that wish. Not that WWII was necessary but, like, that event shaped SO MUCH of what became our modern world that the last 70 years without it would probably be so different we can't properly speculate on them. I'd love to SEE that world, but I'm not prepared to assume it would be a better one.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    It is hard not to assume a world without the genocides in Europe and Asia wouldn't have been better off. Or maybe we'd all be dead in nuclear hellfire. I'd be willing to roll those dice.

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    It is hard not to assume a world without the genocides in Europe and Asia wouldn't have been better off. Or maybe we'd all be dead in nuclear hellfire. I'd be willing to roll those dice.

I mean, there's a lot of hypothetical to clear (namely why didn't WWII happen). WWII was kind of a boiling over point for a lot of problems that existed long before the war started and those sorts of problems don't just go away. For WWII never to happen and NOTHING ELSE terrible happening in its place, you'd have to change a ton more about our history as well.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ww2 did nothing wrong

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I think my ideal version of the afterlife would be basically full read-only access to a multiverse worth of deterministic branches. The concept of eternity freaks me the hell out, but I can almost manage to deal with it when I think about exploring all the "What if" scenarios just involving the small snippets of history I do know. Expanding that to cover all of time and, yeah, I can kill a lot of time there.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WWII was hardly an inevitability but this isn't really the place for this.

• Options
    In any case, I think I remember the explanation for Japanifornia being less "WWII never happened", and more "the widespread racism towards and persecution of Japanese people in the US after WWII never happened"

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    For some reason I find Pat's brand of stubborn assholery endearing, when I usually don't when people are like that.

I think it might be part because both he and the rest of the crew knows he's a bit ridiculous, and it ends up being funny just how stubborn he can be.

• Options
    i mean i think that when someone says "i wish i could live in the world where Bad Thing didn't happen"

we can understand the meaning of the sentence

and not pedantically argue why it was important to live in that world

it's a way to express one's emotional feelings towards the bad thing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK_XJKiT_4U

In which everything goes to shit and Pat still doesn't know how to charge attacks.
    I really like the "choice" it gives you when you have to freeze Kaine. Because after going through like five boss battles and using up all your healing items you believe it when it says you will die fighting.

• Options
    pay?

me?

• Options
    oh my god how could I forget that link ccan use the power of Gon Freec's to beat ganon

• Options
    i mean i think that when someone says "i wish i could live in the world where Bad Thing didn't happen"

Yes, god forbid a discussion occur.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    oh my god how could I forget that link ccan use the power of Gon Freec's to beat ganon

So you're saying Hisoka is stronger than Ganon?

• Options

at this point ganon has died like 57 times, so I'm pretty sure Malo could take him

• Options

at this point ganon has died like 57 times, so I'm pretty sure Malo could take him

Something seems wrong about using Malo as a yardstick for weakness.

Talo or Colin would be better.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

do not speak of colin ever again

• Options

do not speak of colin ever again

Colin is the hero we deserve. And no more than we deserve.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It's amazing to watch someone hit the halfway point of Nier for the first time.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I've been waiting for Kaine's speech for so long, since the first episode didn't include it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

I've been waiting for Kaine's speech for so long, since the first episode didn't include it.

That opening speech 100% sold me that Nier was going to be a game worth playing.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options

Yes, god forbid a discussion occur.

i mean

you can agree that if you were talking to say, a holocaust survivor, and they said "i wish ww2 didn't happen" it'd be in poor taste to disagree, right?

and while we don't know that Gundi is that, we also don't know how many steps removed they are from that

so it's the sort of thing that it's worth thinking for a while about whether you want to spontaneously disagree in these subjects where someone may have some presence, as opposed to more frivolous matters like xbox vs ps4

like the fact that gundi tapped out as quickly as they did is an indication that they really were not looking for that discussion to occur

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I don't care at all about Street Fighter. But I get a lot of enjoyment about how much fun the guys are having nerding out over SFV's story mode.

• Options
    Starting to wonder if Necali ever does anything.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Starting to wonder if Necali ever does anything.
    Nope.

The story mode was neat but had quite a few missed opportunities.

I hope there's a part 2 that focuses more on the characters who got snubbed here, in addition to future characters.

• Options
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    they need help

they need to stop finding these games

• Options
    It's woolie, they've all found down the woolie hole.

the dankest hole

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Too bad they didn't explore the single player
    WVW69i-mHsoxverHWk

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    ok so zangief is the most powerful being in the universe now I guess

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    MUSCLE

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    ok so zangief is the most powerful being in the universe now I guess

latest?cb=20150325175541

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Wow this lumo game looks like nothing

Like if you gave the most middle of the road 3d miniclips game higher production values

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.