Options

Can I get THE WITNESS (oh can I get a Witness)

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    From the middle panel? edit - ok i figure out how the middle panel works now, maybe i can get there from here

That was one of the few puzzles I made a diagram for. I saw what it was going for and went "okay time to load up ms paint."

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Played an hour and a half of this and made some progress. Finished the
    Rocky section where you had to use reflections on the water and the desert section where you had to use light

I'm not sure if I can complete this because it made me completely motion sick. No other game has ever actually done that to me, so I'll give it a second chance in case it's a fluke.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    If you're playing on PC I think Blow said they just released an update to help with motion sickness and are working on further changes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    E31F117200FD2D8038F5D3C6146E8163CEF99DEA

Dem complex +1s.

In this room, where the hell do you have to stand to get the answer to the third panel? I feel like I've tried every angle while raising / lowering the water and I'm getting nothing. Is there something different you have to do?

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Swamp question on "purple" room
    So if you turn the rotating bridge around to connect to the purple platform side after opening the first underground room there is an extra underground room there with two +1s and another tetris puzzle. I solved that puzzle but it did not seem to do anything. Anyone find out what that is for?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I thiiiiink you have to solve it to drain the water out of another area

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So if you turn the rotating bridge around to connect to the purple platform side after opening the first underground room there is an extra underground room there with two +1s and another tetris puzzle. I solved that puzzle but it did not seem to do anything. Anyone find out what that is for?
    solving all the underwater rooms you have access to will give you access to the red underwater room

Machwing on
    l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Machwing wrote: »
    solving all the underwater rooms you have access to will give you access to the red underwater room
    Where is the Red Underwater room?

MVM I see it from up here.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Got all the beams...

Uhhh...

This is a pretty long thing.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Wait no. Swamp
    Here is the underwater room I am talking about. I definitely did not have to go there the first time I did the laser and only noticed it the second time.

fb2vkr7guqg3.png

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out the rule in the Quarry.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm stumped and while I don't want answers, I'd like confirmation about some observations I made
    Okay, this is in the first challenge room, and it's the color puzzle with part of the paint stripped off, making the colors all become different things.

Now, as far as I can tell, the column on the left is explains what colors are yellow and the row on the bottom explains what are teal. (And the ones not in either are a third color, maybe?)

My issue is, using that guide, the puzzle is literally impossible. There's a section where two "yellow" blocks and two "teal" blocks are kitty corner to each other, making it impossible to section them off from each other since, no matter how you draw the lines, you can't cross the center twice, so you can't separate all four quarters from one another.

So given that, my conclusion is that the "color guide" isn't given me the full story and is either completely false or misleading. Would I be right?

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm stumped and while I don't want answers, I'd like confirmation about some observations I made
    Okay, this is in the first challenge room, and it's the color puzzle with part of the paint stripped off, making the colors all become different things.

Now, as far as I can tell, the column on the left is explains what colors are yellow and the row on the bottom explains what are teal. (And the ones not in either are a third color, maybe?)

My issue is, using that guide, the puzzle is literally impossible. There's a section where two "yellow" blocks and two "teal" blocks are kitty corner to each other, making it impossible to section them off from each other since, no matter how you draw the lines, you can't cross the center twice, so you can't separate all four quarters from one another.

So given that, my conclusion is that the "color guide" isn't given me the full story and is either completely false or misleading. Would I be right?

are you talking about the part with
    The broken screens in the "draw your floor" section?

No I don't.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Wait no. Swamp
    Here is the underwater room I am talking about. I definitely did not have to go there the first time I did the laser and only noticed it the second time.

fb2vkr7guqg3.png
    I don't think the puzzle down there does anything. The screen doesn't have any cables coming out of it.

• Options

No. I'm talking about the secret challenge room area. There's a puzzle reminiscent of the bunker colors uses that I'm stuck on.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    how is this puzzle possible:
    Vd7FBIE.jpg

HOW

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Vd7FBIE.jpg

HOW

wait nevermind

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Vd7FBIE.jpg

HOW

Worked it out from the picture alone.
    I think.

Hint:
    The 3 block doesn't interact with the blue squares

Edit: haha nope. I don't have it.

Edit 2: There we go.

discrider on
  • Options
    I figured it out! You were sorta right, tim--I couldn't ignore the rest of the field, but I had to wind through it in a particular way.

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    eYhbmHol.jpg

Can I get in the area this exit is built for before starting the endgame? I have a hunch it's where the last solution for the bunker I need is.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Finished with 435 +63

I'll dive back in tomorrow. Lots of extra things to do.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Reading through this thread a bit has made me realize that I must be missing something. I'm up to 387 +0 puzzles solved, I should probably try to figure out what the + puzzles are!

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm definitely not gonna finish this

The deeper I get into it, the more tired I am of a good number of the mechanics, and I don't need them to get MORE complex

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

No. I'm talking about the secret challenge room area. There's a puzzle reminiscent of the bunker colors uses that I'm stuck on.

Figured it out. I was right in my thought process, though I was overlooking a vital clue.

Solution was rather devious.

• Options
    Stuck on this puzzle right here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/screenshot/351647207500792206

7th in sequence in the jungle.
    Looking for advice on how to solve this / rationale behind the solution (as opposed to the easily obtainable solution from the internet with zero explanation).
    Otherwise I'm just going to stand here forever thrashing at the puzzle until it yields.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

Dem complex +1s.

In this room, where the hell do you have to stand to get the answer to the third panel? I feel like I've tried every angle while raising / lowering the water and I'm getting nothing. Is there something different you have to do?

@jaziek
    This was bullshit and had me stumped for like, 3 days. You have to stand where it is really fucking illogical to stand.
    Stand behind it.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Kochikens wrote: »

Dem complex +1s.

@jaziek
    This was bullshit and had me stumped for like, 3 days. You have to stand where it is really fucking illogical to stand.
    Stand behind it.

Thanks.

What I didn't like about this style of puzzle was that

It was never obvious where you had to stand relative to the puzzle and the light source to get the extra stuff to show up.

Maybe I'm just not very good at working out angles of reflection though.

I'm at 6 lasers now with about 300 puzzles done and I'll probably get the 7th this evening.

I've seen the number 677 floating around as the final total. Is this confirmed as being correct?

@discrider
    discrider wrote: »

Looking for advice on how to solve this / rationale behind the solution (as opposed to the easily obtainable solution from the internet with zero explanation).
    Otherwise I'm just going to stand here forever thrashing at the puzzle until it yields.

I forget how far through this is, so I don't know the exact solution, but basically the rationale is that if there is more than one bird singing, then only one of the songs actually "fits" the pattern on the panel. The song has to have the right amount of notes, and the length of the notes has to match etc...

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    God dammit I'm stuck near the end of the castle
    I've got a big old board overlooking the four pressure plate puzzles, and I assume the idea is I need a solution that combines all 4 of the previous solutions. Buuuuut that seems impossible, since the start of the puzzles don't line up with the ends of the previous puzzle, and the last one works on symmetry rules. I did what I'm pretty sure is a valid solution to the puzzle as-is and it didn't work so I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track but it's just not clicking

And on the other hand I can't figure out what the fuck to do with the fourth hedge maze

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I've got a big old board overlooking the four pressure plate puzzles, and I assume the idea is I need a solution that combines all 4 of the previous solutions. Buuuuut that seems impossible, since the start of the puzzles don't line up with the ends of the previous puzzle, and the last one works on symmetry rules. I did what I'm pretty sure is a valid solution to the puzzle as-is and it didn't work so I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track but it's just not clicking

And on the other hand I can't figure out what the fuck to do with the fourth hedge maze
    If I remember right the 4th maze and it's puzzle maze don't quite match up.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Kochikens wrote: »

Dem complex +1s.

@jaziek
    Stand behind it.

Thanks.

What I didn't like about this style of puzzle was that

It was never obvious where you had to stand relative to the puzzle and the light source to get the extra stuff to show up.

Maybe I'm just not very good at working out angles of reflection though.

I'm at 6 lasers now with about 300 puzzles done and I'll probably get the 7th this evening.

I've seen the number 677 floating around as the final total. Is this confirmed as being correct?

@discrider

I forget how far through this is, so I don't know the exact solution, but basically the rationale is that if there is more than one bird singing, then only one of the songs actually "fits" the pattern on the panel. The song has to have the right amount of notes, and the length of the notes has to match etc...
    Yep. And neither bird here is singing the right tune. And there are no other noises. The ambience isn't the sound. The birdsong reversed or upside-down isn't the sound. I can't hear any sound that matches this damn puzzle.

• Options
    I figured it out! You were sorta right, tim--I couldn't ignore the rest of the field, but I had to wind through it in a particular way.

Yeah I wrote that before noticing the guys on the lines and tried to edit it before it messed you up.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Oh. ohhh. Fuck you puzzle.
    I bet it's kicking me back to the previous puzzle for a reason.

Edit: Haha nope. It's just doing that for kicks.

discrider on
  • Options

You're essentially right, but you can't think about it in terms of one puzzle's ending going right into the next one's beginning, you have to be more flexible than that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Balefuego wrote: »

You're essentially right, but you can't think about it in terms of one puzzle's ending going right into the next one's beginning, you have to be more flexible than that.

Oh.
    Doesn't any valid solution work? Mine stayed on the board like it was correct :S

Is the laser meant to deploy for that one as well?

discrider on
  • Options

Oh.
    Doesn't any valid solution work? Mine stayed on the board like it was correct :S

That puzzle activates the laser so

..did you get the laser?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Oh.

..did you get the laser?

I already had the laser. The other puzzle activated it.

discrider on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    This city section is real brutal, but I'm getting close.

I had to walk away from the wooden building, the last one is driving me crazy...
    Where you have to outline two 1x3s AND connect every dot. L shapes lock you out of the top, a -| won't work, a |- leaves two dots at the top, separating them leaves four dots, and they can't both be horizontal!

I don't really want the answer to it, but UGH

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm definitely not gonna finish this

The deeper I get into it, the more tired I am of a good number of the mechanics, and I don't need them to get MORE complex

Yeah, I just started pushing through as much as I could (maybe 70% or until the last of 5 panels) and then looking up hints. I like the puzzles, but also hate them.

Now I'm working on the timed extra challenge and making good progess.
    I can reliably get to the triangle puzzle maze which are the puzzles 11 and 12, but can't make it through quite yet. Triangle puzzles are the worst.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Yeah I broke toward the end of the desert temple
    the raising and lowering water puzzles were a chore and for one I ended up just looking up the solution because I couldn't find the dumb spot where you could see the reflection properly

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Oh.

..did you get the laser?

I already had the laser. The other puzzle activated it.

Yeah the other one
    is just an alternate way to do it. Only need to do one. I did this too and waited around for something to happen.