As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't Detect USB Mouse?

AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a logitech G7. It has always worked peacefully with my computer, but I woke up yesterday to find out it doesn't work. I treid rebooting, un/reinstalling the setpoint drivers, to no avail. I know the USB slot is good and the mouse works fine with my laptop.

Any ideas?

Agentflit on

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I am also much interested in any possible solutions to this.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Have you tried running the "Connect Utility" in the Start menu (usually under Logitech\Mouse and Keyboard)?

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    embrik wrote: »
    Have you tried running the "Connect Utility" in the Start menu (usually under Logitech\Mouse and Keyboard)?

Yeah, it just says to plug it in and restart the program. It is plugged in though, and charging.

Agentflit on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Have you looked in device manager? Any yellow exclamations or question marks? If not, try uninstalling the mouse from the device manager and then rebooting.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    embrik wrote: »
    Have you looked in device manager? Any yellow exclamations or question marks? If not, try uninstalling the mouse from the device manager and then rebooting.

No, no marks. My computer is really not detecting this at all.

I just noticed if I try plugging it into a hub, the activity light doesn't come on, but it still charges.

...and now that I tried plugging just the reciever in my laptop again, it's not working. So I am guessing the reciever is fried.

Agentflit on