Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I haven't really spent a lot of time playing dark side teams lately but one thing I've learned from DSTB is that Thrawn + Shoretrooper is really fun.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Yeah because of the dark side TB, I'm focusing right now on my empire squad. In fact, I want to have an all trooper squad ready (and leve my Empire squad of Palpatine, vador, Thrawn, Tarkin and Tie Fighter pilot) by themselves and work on a Imperial trooper squad with a Veers leader. That squad would be veers, snowtrooper, shoretrooper, darktrooper and stormtrooper. Hopefully they make a good team to give me more squad for TB.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    There needs to be a "pilot" tag on characters.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    Yeah because of the dark side TB, I'm focusing right now on my empire squad. In fact, I want to have an all trooper squad ready (and leve my Empire squad of Palpatine, vador, Thrawn, Tarkin and Tie Fighter pilot) by themselves and work on a Imperial trooper squad with a Veers leader. That squad would be veers, snowtrooper, shoretrooper, darktrooper and stormtrooper. Hopefully they make a good team to give me more squad for TB.
    You should probably choose either Shoretrooper or Stormtrooper, but not both. That'd be a great defense squad in TW, but two tanks really takes away from your firepower.
    mcp wrote: »
    You can filter that in the character screen

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I believe it's "Crew Member", but yeah, it's totally in there.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    You should probably choose either Shoretrooper or Stormtrooper, but not both. That'd be a great defense squad in TW, but two tanks really takes away from your firepower.

Is Magmatrooper worth pulling? I might create a trooper squad myself but don't really know where to begin. My Veers and Stormtrooper are 7*, plus I have Stormtrooper and Death and Magma close to 6*. Who should I pull for my last one?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Is Magmatrooper worth pulling? I might create a trooper squad myself but don't really know where to begin. My Veers and Stormtrooper are 7*, plus I have Stormtrooper and Death and Magma close to 6*. Who should I pull for my last one?
    I'll be honest: I don't have an Imp-Trooper squad. Those folks aren't high enough to even test out. The big things that I've seen with said squad is the TM bonus when buffs are applied. Shoretrooper and Stormtrooper could both be used if your other 3 have really heavy firepower. The buffs that both tanks put out should boost TM significantly, but their DMG output isn't going to be great (hence relying on those other 3). To me, Starck is going to be a must for that with Scan All Wavelengths and the high DMG with Imp-Troopers on Blizzard Four Barrage.

Magmatrooper will be good for splash DMG and TM reduction. Despite Death Trooper's bonus with Kendric present, I still think he'll be sick with an Imp-Trooper squad. For DS TB and TW, my dream Imp-Trooper team would be Veers (L), Shoretrooper, Snowtrooper, Death Trooper, and Starck... this team may never been realized by me, as that's just going to take forever to build up, but it would be sick with it.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My imperial dream team is: Veers leader, Tarkin, Thrawn, Shore Trooper, and Death Trooper. That's kind of what I'm building towards...slowly.

• Options
    I do wish that Gar Saxon and Imp Commando were considered Imp-Troopers.

• Options
    Shoretrooper farming seems insane

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Did anyone else just get it 2 million credit apology for any inconveniences we may have experienced?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Wow. 5 Wampa shards. Thanks.

• Options
    Wow. 5 Wampa shards. Thanks.

Yeah that was ridiculous, but the mods were actually nice.

What was total bullshit was the third tier of that mythic event. I can auto arena and GW with my rebel team (which includes a zeta'd R2, Lea, and Raid Han) and I couldn't even get a shot off.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Yeah I was unable to complete the 3rd tier of the mythic event either. I tried it a few times. On my best run I got the enemy force down to 3 dudes left before I was out of units. Totally ridiculous.

That was with my Phoenix Squad, with full 5 zetas, and pretty stacked gear and mods.

• Options
    At least tomorrow we can finally take another stab at CLS.

Which I suppose means that those of us who didn't manage to grind out/buy the Veterans can expect a 4+ month period of dealing with Jedi Rey's bullshit before she comes back as well.

• Options
    So for the Luke event I need 7 star of Han Leia Ben Luke and R2 D2 but just for 7 * r2 d 2 I need five 7 * Imperials?

Maybe next time

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, that's right. To unlock 7-star R2, you need a 7-star Imperial team.

To get CLS, you need ST Han, Leia, Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, and R2 all at 7 stars.

• Options
    Forar wrote: »
    I spent 1.5 months getting prepared for the CLS event. Secured 7-star R2 during the last event and have been gearing up the other guys as well. Han and Leia have been ready for a while, but Luke, Ben, and R2 needed gear. If I can luck out, I may be able to get Ben and R2 up to G10 in the next 2 days. With 2 G11s and 3 G10s, I think I should be able to get CLS finally.

• Options
    Here's a video I found today, it's a discussion between two top players/streamers and they do a deep dive into a Rey Jedi Training analysis.

I found it pretty interesting. Even outside of the Rey discussion, you get a pretty clear insight into the end-game meta right now. I found this video well worth the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6rCSLMBTk

• Options
    I spent 1.5 months getting prepared for the CLS event. Secured 7-star R2 during the last event and have been gearing up the other guys as well. Han and Leia have been ready for a while, but Luke, Ben, and R2 needed gear. If I can luck out, I may be able to get Ben and R2 up to G10 in the next 2 days. With 2 G11s and 3 G10s, I think I should be able to get CLS finally.

I'm hoping I'm ready.

R2, STHan, and Leia are GL 11, Ben is GL 9 (with 3 slots filled... phrasing), and Luke is GL 9 with 4... pieces of gear towards 10. All are sitting on solid mods, though obviously if need be I can just steal some from higher priority teams, pain in the ass that doing so can be.

R2 himself is kind of an absurd swiss army knife, as we all know, so as long as Ben manages to complete his solo tier, I'm hoping the finale won't be too rough, and then I can finally pour in a pile of credits and gear onto "MostRecentBrokenCharacter-1" and repeat the process through months of farming up the two Vets (316 shards between them and counting, ugh).

Oh well, as noted above, having months or more to wait means it's just another long term project in a game built out of long term projects.

• Options
    I've been in a "materials saving mode" for the past few months. The only gear I've invested has been gear 10+ into my Phoenix Squad. So I've got a ton of gear on hand in case I need to make some improvements to my CLS required units. Hopefully it won't come to that. But I've got the ability to be as flexible as I need to be to pull this off.

It will be nice to own CLS, and I know that all the "meta teams" are a mish-mash of this and that, and playing straight team synergy is not usually how to win. So I'm sure I'll find a home somewhere for Luke, but right now my focus is elsewhere and I don't really have a "meta team." I don't own General Kenobi, and he seems like a staple of any top tier meta team.

Side note: My guild has it's first real attempt at HAAT scheduled for this coming Saturday I think. We're giving everyone a chance to unlock CLS and then we'll give it a run.

But anyway, I've just been investing into Phoenix, which I know isn't meta. But they're very solid for anything, so I figured they were a good investment. I can auto-battle my way through my daily GW with them. And they're solid in the Territory Battles and Wars too.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    You can filter that in the character screen

You are right and I plan to replace one of shoretrooper or stormtrooper with colonel star I but it will be a long grind to get him up to 7 Stars.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    My 7-Star empire characters are not quite strong enough to beat the last phase of the R2 event. Meaning that I miss out on CLS again, even though I have every other piece I need for him ready to go.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular

I'm hoping I'm ready.

R2, STHan, and Leia are GL 11, Ben is GL 9 (with 3 slots filled... phrasing), and Luke is GL 9 with 4... pieces of gear towards 10. All are sitting on solid mods, though obviously if need be I can just steal some from higher priority teams, pain in the ass that doing so can be.

R2 himself is kind of an absurd swiss army knife, as we all know, so as long as Ben manages to complete his solo tier, I'm hoping the finale won't be too rough, and then I can finally pour in a pile of credits and gear onto "MostRecentBrokenCharacter-1" and repeat the process through months of farming up the two Vets (316 shards between them and counting, ugh).

Oh well, as noted above, having months or more to wait means it's just another long term project in a game built out of long term projects.

I found phase 3 with just Luke and Han the worst. Both were GL9, and I had to swap mods to make it finally work. The rest was a cakewalk in comparison.

• Options
    Finally got CLS! two questions now:

how do I mod him? I'm using him for raids, and maybe arena.

I only have 2 zetas. what abilities should take priority?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Well, I totally over-prepared for the CLS event. Breezed through that shit like it was nothing. Now I can help out with the special event in LS TB.
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Finally got CLS! two questions now:

how do I mod him? I'm using him for raids, and maybe arena.

I only have 2 zetas. what abilities should take priority?
    This may help? I'm not going to pretend that I know. It's claiming that Speed around 220 is key, but also potency and survivability. It also states to stray from any Crit mods, as his abilities give him CC anyways.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    If only my Imps could get R2....might have to shuffle some mods and try Sheev in the lead.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    So I accidentally spent a Zeta on CLS right after I got him. The Zeta was designated to go to Kylo since I'm wanting to work on my First Order team, just for general Dark Side roster strength, for the DS TB.

Not a big deal because CLS is undeniably the best character in the game so putting a zeta on him isn't a bad thing. But I'm still sort of miffed that it happened. I was just clicking through really fast upgrading him, and I spent the zeta without even meaning to.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Aww yiss

nmkfthxopily.png

• Options
    PS your cantina energy is full.

>.>

• Options
    Got R2 down to a couple bars, along with Chewie...then the rest of my squad get so blowed up.

If the odds are in my favor...the final battle for CLS awaits...

• Options
    AI controlled R2 and AI controlled Yoda are just about the two worst enemies I've faced in any event. I remember that final T7 R2 fight and it was a real bitch. It seems like he goes about 2-3 times per every one time you get to go, and it also seems as if every one of his auto attacks has a 100% stun chance.

Yoda on that Jedi Battles is the absolute worst tho.

• Options
    Yeah, I always try and have Nihilus ready to take out Yoda.

For this R2 battle, though, it seems like taking out Han/Luke/Leia first is better?

God, I wish I could poke R2 with Nihilus.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Yeah, I always try and have Nihilus ready to take out Yoda.

For this R2 battle, though, it seems like taking out Han/Luke/Leia first is better?

God, I wish I could poke R2 with Nihilus.

Han first, then Leia if she's visible. Luke then clean up. It takes a lot of luck if your team is on the edge. Han has to auto stun the 1 guy you can afford to have in time out, damage needs to be spread just right so your team can absorb the first round without losses. I would get creamed over and over with glimpses of hope here and there.

• Options
    The light side starter pack seemed like the first decent real$ deal I've come across. Considering $20 for 80 STHan in the journey begins pack., getting 50 for $5 seemed decent. Plus have a nice little push for cw Chewie and councillor closer to 7*

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    The light side starter pack seemed like the first decent real$ deal I've come across. Considering $20 for 80 STHan in the journey begins pack., getting 50 for $5 seemed decent. Plus have a nice little push for cw Chewie and councillor closer to 7*

Yeah the starter packs are the least offensive offers. It's still a lot of cash for not much though.
    Worst they have done was to remove the Daily 100 Crystals Pack..that was actually decent value.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    Don't worry, they're totally bringing it back! Any day now...

Just about the time that they figure the community won't lose its mind when they do the math and see that the deal is now _00 crystals worse per time period for a comparable amount of money.

• Options
    Couldn’t quite finish off R2. By the time he comes back, I should have GAT and TFP. And maybe I can push the gear past 8 on all of them.

• Options
    Well, my guild made another HAAT raid attempt this weekend, after giving everyone a chance to unlock and gear CLS. Didn't help. We just don't have the manpower to get this one done. We've even managed to increase our number of active members. We have about 25 active members now. But even that doesn't seem to be enough. I'm never going to get General Kenobi.

We can clear the heroic Pit in like 30 minutes (we have a 24h no-damage rule) but this HAAT eludes us.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    The key to HAAT is BB8 (and zeta Finn, or CLS/zetaHan/Akbar/Thrawn)

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta