As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DOOMED! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Did a spectate quest, got golden Black Knight. Me and the guy I spectated high-fived each other for a while.

I was worried about what deck I could possibly use black knight in. Then I realized my QM paladin deck has Sylvanas, and she's always too slow. I either don't need to play her or I can play something better, or I can't play her at all.

Anyone think I'm crazy for pulling her out?
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/paladin#23:2;75:1;260:2;293:1;310:1;383:2;391:1;396:1;422:2;542:1;683:2;12182:1;12223:2;12228:1;12257:2;12280:2;22275:2;22276:1;22330:2;22362:1;

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    Did a spectate quest, got golden Black Knight. Me and the guy I spectated high-fived each other for a while.

I was worried about what deck I could possibly use black knight in. Then I realized my QM paladin deck has Sylvanas, and she's always too slow. I either don't need to play her or I can play something better, or I can't play her at all.

Anyone think I'm crazy for pulling her out?
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/paladin#23:2;75:1;260:2;293:1;310:1;383:2;391:1;396:1;422:2;542:1;683:2;12182:1;12223:2;12228:1;12257:2;12280:2;22275:2;22276:1;22330:2;22362:1;

Nah. I've disliked Sylvanas for a super long time, she's shown herself to actually be one of the slowest cards in the game, and silence is still prominent enough to neuter her in a lot of matchups. Might actually dust my golden one if I'm short on dust for the next expac.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Who the hell plays Doomguard in Renolock deck? I finally saw my opponent punished because he discarded Reno Jackson when he played Doomguard lol

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Who the hell plays Doomguard in Renolock deck? I finally saw my opponent punished because he discarded Reno Jackson when he played Doomguard lol

It's pretty common? Gives you something else to pull out of Voidcaller, because most of the time you don't want Jarraxus, Imp Gang Boss out of it is hardly a power play, and Mal'ganis isn't enough on his own to run Voidcaller. It's a bit more consistency in that package. But yeah, you very rarely want to hard cast it, that's a desperation play.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    That's a good point, and I'll keep her in my dragon priest because the more silence targets in a Ysera deck, the better, plus Dragon Priest usually isn't struggling to control around turn 6, whereas my paladin deck...well, it's my win condition. Control the board for one turn after turn 6 = win.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    trogg could also be a good midrange card what with 3 health. idk if they out and out wanted to make a good aggro card or just a good early game card which will of course influence aggro

Trogg is part of the 1/3 for 1 with ability cycle that's been secretly going on :)

Northshire Cleric
    Mana Wyrm
    Warbot
    Trogg

I think at some point we'll get one for each class

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    trogg could also be a good midrange card what with 3 health. idk if they out and out wanted to make a good aggro card or just a good early game card which will of course influence aggro

Trogg is part of the 1/3 for 1 with ability cycle that's been secretly going on :)

Northshire Cleric
    Mana Wyrm
    Warbot
    Trogg

Don't forget Finley. Which means Shaman actually got two Kappa

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Just as a heads-up, I've decided to focus mainly on a Silence Druid deck for this season. I'll switch things up to complete quests, but the primary focus is that deck. Here's the list I'll be running:

6kfquag5pwxn.png

Tech swaps include: -2 Zombie Chow, -1 Mukla, +2 Living Roots, +1 Loatheb

Let's see if I can hit rank 5!

I took that exact list to rank 5 yesterday from rank 10 or 11 I think. It's a really fun deck that has some ridiculous openers.

The one card I really didn't like was Fel Reaver and replaced him with Rag. Was not disappointed.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

It's pretty common? Gives you something else to pull out of Voidcaller, because most of the time you don't want Jarraxus, Imp Gang Boss out of it is hardly a power play, and Mal'ganis isn't enough on his own to run Voidcaller. It's a bit more consistency in that package. But yeah, you very rarely want to hard cast it, that's a desperation play.

The list I run doesn't play void caller for those reasons. I can see how Doomguard might be nice to have but it doesn't seem like it is the best value if you have to get it out with a void caller and avoid the other demons in your deck. oh well

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Roz wrote: »

Northshire Cleric
    Mana Wyrm
    Warbot
    Trogg

Rogue
    Burgy Blackheart (Legendary Pirate)
    1 mana 1/3
    While in play, all combo effects are activated.

Paladin
    Field Medic
    1 mana 1/3
    When this minion takes damage, summon a Silver Hand Recruit.

Hunter
    Scouting Hawk (Beast)
    1 mana 1/3
    Deathrattle: Give a friendly Beast +1/+2

Druid
    Overcharged Wisp
    1 mana 1/3
    Deathrattle: Gain 1 Mana Crystal for this turn only

Warlock
    Cursed Soul
    1 mana 1/3
    Battlecry: Add a Dark Portal spell to your hand

Dark Portal
    2 mana
    The next Demon you summon does not activate a Battlecry

I just came up with these on the fly, so most of them are probably OP or terrabad. :)

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    -1/-1 on Imp Gang Boss for 2 less mana doesn't seem quite right.

Also I really liked the idea of the 1 mana 1/3 beast Hunter legendary with "this is always the top card in your deck".

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    @MNC Dover I have a special fondness in my heart for King Mukkla as Colma Rogue was the first deck I ever hit legendary with, so I'm always looking for an excuse to play him. Mukkla is absolutely savage in this deck, and does nasty, nasty things to priests. innervate -> Mukkla is basically game over if they don't have a shadow word death.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Just as a heads-up, I've decided to focus mainly on a Silence Druid deck for this season. I'll switch things up to complete quests, but the primary focus is that deck. Here's the list I'll be running:
    6kfquag5pwxn.png

So I don't have a king mukla or a second force of nature for this, so I am trying these swaps: +1 loatheb, +1 MCT.

Not sure if I need mct but I'm not sure what to play around with. So far I've played it 3x at rank 22 against a hunter who ignored the 2 watchers I had out till I got a wailing soul. I think he was surprised. Then played a freeze mage.

So I've got a darnasus aspirant, zombie chow out on the early turns and he plays a doomsayer by itself. I happend to have a savage roar, so I use that to clear his doomsayer. second turn after that I play eerie statue and he plays a secret and another doomsayer. So I play keeper to silence the statue, kill doom and it duplicates. Lovely. So next turn he drops BOTH doomsayers. And I'm debating on facedamage and just lose the mobs and then I realive I have druid of the claw, so I use it to charge, kill both doomsayers. I get a couple of well played emotes and a rope, next turn before I go he concedes.

I like this deck, it is pretty fun. It hurts if you get some bad starting hands but by turn 5-6 you can be set up to really start pumping out damage. I love that when eerie and watchers get played that people will not pay attention to them till a surprise activator changes that.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I would probably go for ogre brute over the MCT.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    I may try that. MCT has not really been useful techwise as most the few opponents I've played haven't had more than 3 mobs out at a time.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    6kfquag5pwxn.png

So I don't have a king mukla or a second force of nature for this, so I am trying these swaps: +1 loatheb, +1 MCT.

Not sure if I need mct but I'm not sure what to play around with. So far I've played it 3x at rank 22 against a hunter who ignored the 2 watchers I had out till I got a wailing soul. I think he was surprised. Then played a freeze mage.

So I've got a darnasus aspirant, zombie chow out on the early turns and he plays a doomsayer by itself. I happend to have a savage roar, so I use that to clear his doomsayer. second turn after that I play eerie statue and he plays a secret and another doomsayer. So I play keeper to silence the statue, kill doom and it duplicates. Lovely. So next turn he drops BOTH doomsayers. And I'm debating on facedamage and just lose the mobs and then I realive I have druid of the claw, so I use it to charge, kill both doomsayers. I get a couple of well played emotes and a rope, next turn before I go he concedes.

I like this deck, it is pretty fun. It hurts if you get some bad starting hands but by turn 5-6 you can be set up to really start pumping out damage. I love that when eerie and watchers get played that people will not pay attention to them till a surprise activator changes that.

If you plan on playing Druid in the future, craft a second Force of Nature ASAP. Double combo is silly good in any Druid deck. As for a replacement, instead of MCT, I'd swap in Starfall or Starfire. Both are great sources of direct damage (Starfire best for face hits though), although neither is a good substitute for FoN.

Good luck though, the deck sure is fun to play.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ok, so I had the best funny moment in Hearthstone in a long time. I'm playing my personal bad raptor based deathrattle rogue deck (not sure if it is the same as what is "meta" but I built it since I loved the idea of having a ton of deathrattle minions and the raptors to copy whatever is on the board). ANYWAYS, that doesn't really matter but I have this bad habit of telling people too much information like I'm doing right now...

So I'm playing in casual since this deck gets its butt kicked in Ranked but it is good enough for me to get laughs (when I need them) and I'm going up against a dragon priest. I'm guessing it is a budget dragon priest since I never saw Ysera and he only had Chromaggus as his big dragon. He's pretty much controlling the board by clearing everything I put out and even stealing my slightly buffed Nerubian Egg (which I sapped back into his hand). So he drops his Thaurissan and since I can't clear him he sits out there for every round till 10 mana. By then he's just toying with me by killing whatever I put out there with his Twilight Drake, Azure Drake, two Northshire Clerics, Nerubian Egg, and a Chromaggus. So for my last attempt to be silly, I toss out a Fan of Knives, Raptor and Cold Blood my Raptor figuring he'll kill it but it will kill one of his minions at least. Somehow this guy brilliantly casts his Holy Nova and of course it nearly kills my Raptor, then heals all 7 of his minions. His hand was already pretty full and Chromaggus fills it completely. Then the 14 card draw begins right into fatigue since he only had 3 cards left. Yep, the guy lost the match by playing way too cocky leaving me dying of laughter wishing I took a screenshot after watching the entire fiasco unfold.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @MNC Dover True, but I've only got 1k dust on me so I've been hesitant on what to craft. Mainly right now I play FoN more as board clear then actual finish lethal. Mostly I've just been building up mobs and then savage roar for lethal in plenty of cases. This is in the under 15 ranks though, so of course that can change the higher I go and how ladder reacts to the deck.

I'll look into the starfall or starfire. Right now with ogre brute in, I'm still winning more than losing. Dragon priest beat me, a freeze mage did me in, and I had a couple of zoolocks that had good answers and I couldn't deplete his pressure. Learning process engaged!

Edit: Mill Rogues can hurt though. Lost to the first one I've seen in awhile.

Jakarrd on

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Since the start of the season, I've been on a huge streak from 17 to 13 going 8-0 with the Silence Druid. One game I won on the back of the Fel Reaver causing my opponent to go mill crazy instead of playing optimally. Another win against Zoo with double Eerie Statues getting Wailing Soul and Sunfury Protector assists. Warlock died 3 turns later.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2016
    I'm continuing work on my Inner Fire Priest deck and for this season I am (likely misguidedly) trying to incorporate Shadowform. This is what I am currently running:

Inner Fire x2
    Power Word: Shield x2
    Northshire Cleric x2
    Shadowbomber x2
    Divine Spirit x2
    Garrison Commander x2
    Mind Blast x2
    Shadow Word: Pain x1
    Shadow Word: Death x1
    Shadowform x2
    Deathlord x2
    Fencing Partner x2
    Spawn of Shadows x2
    Tournament Medic x2
    Holy Nova x2
    Vol'Jin
    Holy Fire x1

The problem with every Inner Fire Deck I've found is that either your combo goes off and you win or it doesn't and you lose (like every other combo deck) or your opponent can deal with your big creatures (I'm looking at you Rogue). What I've tried to do is speed this deck up to be as fast as possible, and I think I might finally be there.

The key to this is Fencing Partner, which is replacing the Sisters in previous iterations of the deck. It allows you to set yourself up to immediately use Spawn of Shadows and Mind Shatter. Timed right, you can pull of some pretty ridiculous burst damage early in the game (11 to the face by turn 6, is the biggest output, I think).

Vanguard on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Three games in a row where I've drawn over half of my deck and haven't drawn into a Mysterious Challenger.

So incredibly frustrating.

Somehow I managed to pull it out against one of them, but the other two I was always going to lose.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Since the start of the season, I've been on a huge streak from 17 to 13 going 8-0 with the Silence Druid. One game I won on the back of the Fel Reaver causing my opponent to go mill crazy instead of playing optimally. Another win against Zoo with double Eerie Statues getting Wailing Soul and Sunfury Protector assists. Warlock died 3 turns later.

When the deck clicks, it's awesome. You get to play 4/5s 2 for 7/7s for 4, which is great value. The only problem with the deck is when it stalls out because you don't hit the Ancients or you wind up with awkward hands like innervate/sunfury/Aspirant and then your draws are second sunfury/Roar/roar.

I'm thinking of cutting a second sunfury for a wrath or maybe even an Ancient of War. Two seems excessive and I'm never happy when i draw both.

Roz on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I always see decks I want to try when Hearthstone is down/can't edit my decks and then I forget to try them next time I'm on.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I have 1300 dust. I am debating as to if I should craft 2x Mysterious Challengers and simply reduce myself to the Secrets Paladin just so I can crack Rank 10, or if I should craft a utility neutral Legendary once I hit 1600 dust like Harrison or Justicar because I enjoy more Control oriented play. Probably going Justicar, but someone can feel free to talk me out of it.

I've played secret pal and I don't enjoy it, so I'd recommend not crafting the challengers. It depends on what other cards you have, but every other class is perfectly capable of hitting rank 10.

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I have 1300 dust. I am debating as to if I should craft 2x Mysterious Challengers and simply reduce myself to the Secrets Paladin just so I can crack Rank 10, or if I should craft a utility neutral Legendary once I hit 1600 dust like Harrison or Justicar because I enjoy more Control oriented play. Probably going Justicar, but someone can feel free to talk me out of it.

I've played secret pal and I don't enjoy it, so I'd recommend not crafting the challengers. It depends on what other cards you have, but every other class is perfectly capable of hitting rank 10.

on the other hand I played Secrets Pally and quite enjoyed it, so ymmv

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'd say craft the MCs if you need them, secret paladin is a strong deck and if you like that sort of style (midrange tempo that closes out by t6-8) then it's worth trying.

If the deck gets nerfed MC is most likely the card to get hit so chances are you lose absolutely nothing by crafting them.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19995505

Hearthstone is introducing Magic The Gathering style formats

The current Standard format will not include Naxx or GVG

This will remove Naxx and GVG for purchase from the shop.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Holy fucking shit.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Also, 9 more deck slots

I mean yay more decks, but ugh that seems the worst way to do it. Just give us 9 per class and be done with it.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Standard straight up destroys every single current Paladin deck. No Minibot, Muster for Battle, or Avenge. Anyfin Combo might scrape by but without Healbots or Belchers its life gets slightly harder.

Control Warrior without Death's Bite might be a little iffy.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    HA HA I JUST REALIZED NO MORE PILOTED SHREDDER

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT DUMPSTER CARD

BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY

• Options
    This will remove Naxx and GVG for purchase from the shop.

Hopefully they also reduce the dust cost for crafting older sets like this.

• Options
    Rotating formats are typically a good thing, however forcing you to craft old cards for Wild format using dust might be really, really shitty if they don't lower dust costs. Basically locking newer players out of the extended formats.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    3clipse wrote: »
    HA HA I JUST REALIZED NO MORE PILOTED SHREDDER

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT DUMPSTER CARD

BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY

Also Dr Boom

ObiFett on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    And Dr. Boom
    And Sludge Belcher...

I'm so glad Standard keeps the original core set. Standard would be unsustainable otherwise.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Man I'm just sitting here thinking about how all the current decks are going to see big shake-ups.

This is a very good thing for the game.

• Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    I'm so glad Standard keeps the original core set. Standard would be unsustainable otherwise.

Without Basic and Classic cards you more or less wouldn't be able to make any functional decks. The entire game has been balanced around those sets. So definitely a good decision by Blizzard.

• Options
    Eh it just saves them from having to make functional reprints in expansions

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Rotating formats are typically a good thing, however forcing you to craft old cards for Wild format using dust might be really, really shitty if they don't lower dust costs. Basically locking newer players out of the extended formats.

They were sort of locked out anyway because of how hard it is for them to get in now, which only gets worse as more expansions are released. Adding the adventures to that pile is sort of only marginally making it worse.

Besides, the epics/leggos of a lot of the expansions aren't actually that core--Scientist, Healbot, Belcher, and Creeper are the core-est of the Naxx cards, and are all Rare or below, and none of the Naxx legendaries aside from Loatheb are that big. LoE rotating out will be rough since it actually has several runnable legendaries, but eh, they're technically for more niche decks.

Also holy shit no healbot is gonna be WEIRD. Might push Shaman up to the top for control decks because of Healing Wave?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg