As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Nuka World out now. Better mascots than you have tried!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Just enough mods to remind them about what they don't have.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Downloaded Cross Prewar Cybernetics. Pretty neat. Finally getting chromed out like I thought I would be able once I got to the commonwealth.

With the way over time how I've built my character as a frail aging tinkerer not too attached to his humanity and patching up his weaknesses (I get knocked over by a small breeze) with power armor and more tech, I'm surprised I ended up gravitating more towards the BOS than Institute.

I'm sure they won't have a problem with me cutting off my hands and replacing them to work abit faster though. Nothing in the codex against that. Maybe. Hopefully.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Wait, PS4 mods became a thing?

I thought they'd just given up on those.

Yeah, there are a few good mods. Simple Green has been there for a while now and OverGrowth has just made it. But no body sliders, nude mods, awesome clothes mods, custom sounds, or anything you really want. And even the mods here are watered down version of what they are on the PC and Xbone. There are a few mods for cheating (basically someone puts 9999 of every piece of material in a chest next to the Workbench) and there are settlement clean ups like Clean and Smooth, and even a few Elianora house mods (which are good, but lack the Elianora coffee addiction touches).

If you play on the PS4, you'll either play in a slightly prettier vanilla game or do like I did and completely rip the game apart by turning everyone into zombies and then run around blasting mofos with a shotgun until you get bored (Pro-tip- Shotguns are terrible against the zombies. Use pistols like the 10mm or pipe).

• Options
    Also, I just learned that I can hook my PS4 controller up to Steam and play games with it AND control my PS4 at the same time.

Once I get my new computer finished, I'm going to see if I can do Fallout 4 on both the PC and PS4 AT THE SAME TIME!

• Options
    Still no holorifle mod.

Someday.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    A friend of mine got me the season pass for this for Christmas.

Now I can do the other DLC stuff besides Automotroniolio!

Now if I can just decide what new mods to download instead of being paralyzed by indecision. What are the best settlement/building mods out there? Other than the one that removes the limiter and such?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    What are the best settlement/building mods out there? Other than the one that removes the limiter and such?

I used the following:

Better Generators x3 (makes generators give 3x the power)
    Better Settlers
    BlueBeers Vendors
    Brighter Settlement Lights
    Build Your Own Pool
    Craftable Castle Walls
    Home Despot
    Homemaker
    Longer Power Lines
    Northland Diggers
    Place Anywhere
    Settlement Management Software
    Settlement Objects Expansion Pack
    Better Warning For Settlements Being Attacked
    Scrap Everything
    Signing Settler
    Snappable Junk Fences

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Stupid FO4 season pass still expensive.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    That's what the quarter annual steam sales are for

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Bethesda is notoriously bad at putting their DLC on any sort of decent sale.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    It was on sale two weeks ago.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Yeah. I said decent. DLC for a bethesda game almost never goes on sale for more than like 25%

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    It was 40% off.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    still too expensive

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Ayup. Given how much of the DLC I don't care about at all, I've vowed I'll never spend more than $25 on the pack.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    The DLC in the pass just finished being released a few months ago. You generally don't see better discounts on season passes until at least a year after DLC stopped being produced. Yeah a lot of the DLC was shit compared to the superb stuff obsidian made for new vegas, but it's a leap to be expecting a better sale price on a season pass so soon. I wouldn't expect it of any franchise or developer.

You might see something better in another six months when the summer sale comes along.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Is there anyway to take control of the raiders in Nuka World and not be...well, a raider? Run em like a small army instead of baby eaters?

I love evil playthroughs of Fallout and it's pretty cool to see Bethesda make a raider run actually viable but it doesn't make sense for the character I've been playing. He's not a goody two shoes more of a merc/bounty hunter type in it for the caps. He doesn't do slaver work or contract killings on innocent people.

I could just kill them all like the traders want but seems like you miss out on a lot of quests in the expansion by doing that.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I could just kill them all like the traders want but seems like you miss out on a lot of quests in the expansion by doing that.

Nope. The quests to make the other areas of the park safe again remain accessible after killing the raiders, and will activate as soon as you enter their respective areas.

The only thing you lose access to if you kill the raiders is being able to conquer settlements with them.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    You can play along with the raiders for a good while and then kill them all. When the settlement stuff kicks in toward the end you can then wipe them out. But it's there or never, since freaking Preston is physic and knows when you take over your own empty settlement...

• Options
    Enjoying Nuka World more than I did Far Harbor so far. Helps that its a more original setting/different kind of setting not seen in Fallout before vs one that kind of just felt a lil too reminiscent of Point Lookout.

Of course it helps that I've finally gotten melee up enough that I can run around power tripping in power armor with my rocket powered bat out.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    This year just keeps getting better!

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I'll believe it when I see it.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Don't get my hopes up.

I won't be able to handle the heartbreak

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/52I2HyPCAowWG2ye8MKGU2/fallout-4-free-updates-high-resolution-texture-pack-and-ps4-pro-support
    Official High Resolution Texture Pack for PC

Also available next week, with so many fans still actively playing Fallout 4 on Steam, we’re excited to announce the release of the game’s High-Resolution Texture Pack. Consider this free download a love letter to our amazing PC fans that have supported us – not just with Fallout 4, but across multiple decades and games.

I wonder what kind of quality they'll be? Generally the mod community has somewhat surpassed the same thing with Skyrim, although it can be tricky getting the right combination of texture pack(s) to match your tastes.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Well, if this leads to New Vegas references making their way into Fallout Shelter, I'm all for it.

A new Obsidian Fallout would be a nice bonus, too.

But for now, I think I'll remain firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp.

• Options
    I hope they don't do New Vegas 2, because I want to explore a new area.

I'd rather see Fallout London, or New Orleans.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Fallout: New Vegas 2: Now with better villains.
    Fallout: New Vegas 2: Stop or my Mormons will Shoot
    Fallout New Vegas 2: Expect to never hear the end of praise for this one
    Fallout New Vegas 2: Mojave, Mo' Cannibal Rapist Roman Cultists

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I would pay money for Mr. New Vegas radio DLC for fallout 4. Something with new bits of news mixed in with the music.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    God, New Vegas 2..or anything Fallout by Obsidian.

I have a hard and fast rule of not buying games on release anymore, but i dont know if I could weather an Obsidian Fallout..

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    *grabs Bethesda execs by the shirt tails, gets on hands and knees and begins pleading while sobbing*

Pleeaaassse! Please let them do it!

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    *grabs Bethesda execs by the shirt tails, gets on hands and knees and begins pleading while sobbing*

Pleeaaassse! Please let them do it!

Please bethesda give Obsidian perpetual rights to make fallout games, exclusively.

You can publish them and get your slice.

but god, let someone competent actually make the fucking fallout games, because until this news of obsidian you literally killed the franchise for me with your fucktacular Fallout 4.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    If Obsidian are making another one, I'm guessing theres no way it would be set in the Mojave again.

Literally nothing left to explore there. Sure, you could say "its eight years later and theres new stuff in all those dungeons and towns now! New factions! New threats! Etc" but creatively, feels like their time would be better spent on a new state that hasn't been touched before.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    On the other hand, game industry suits are stupid. I can see a bunch of idiots taking the cowadooty 3000 approach and only agreeing to fund the project if it was more of the same.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It could be a land of full of unicorns and rainbows being ridden by cacti now.

It doesn't matter where it's set, everything or nothing could have anything to do with the last game.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    If Obsidian are making another one, I'm guessing theres no way it would be set in the Mojave again.

Literally nothing left to explore there. Sure, you could say "its eight years later and theres new stuff in all those dungeons and towns now! New factions! New threats! Etc" but creatively, feels like their time would be better spent on a new state that hasn't been touched before.

Yeah... Fallout: New Vegas 2 seems like an unnecessary sequel from a narrative perspective.

That said, I still need to actually play Fallout 4, lol...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ghlinn wrote: »

yeah, was just coming to post the same thing.

Hopefully the internet freaking out with desire lust over it will at least make Bethesda reconsider and give people who can actually make a god damn game a chance again..preferably without fucking them over this time.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I like Fallout 4. I like New Vegas.

I think I like liking multiple things a lot.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Sadly I don't see that happening unless Bethesda goes out of business somehow and obsidian snaps up the IP. Bethesda just seems both spiteful and indifferent to releasing quality products. I still can't believe that they went live with that lever action rifle reload animation snafu.

3DS Friend Code: