Options

[Deadpool] Clawing his way back to relevancy

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    That's a real shame.

I was thinking about who could step in and film it who has a nice style (Matthew Vaughn was first up but he's doing Kingsman 2), but if Reynolds has that level of control on the film they aren't going to really stand out.

The update on the website doesn't have a time stamp but
    Update: According to The Wrap, the pair parted ways because Miller wanted the second film to be more stylized, while Reynolds (a producer on both films) wanted to keep the raunchy, fourth-wall-breaking comedy approach that made the first film such a success. Their conflict reportedly came to a head with the rumored casting of Kyle Chandler as Cable. Chandler was Miller’s choice, but Reynolds didn’t want him for the part, and the studio ended up siding with the star- partially because his renegotiated contract includes casting approval.

Looks like there's no reason to be sad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Cable doesn't belong in a movie where he puts up with Deadpools shit, so hopefully they don't copy/paste the straight man act from 1.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Stephen Lang as Cable or I riot.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    That's a real shame.

I was thinking about who could step in and film it who has a nice style (Matthew Vaughn was first up but he's doing Kingsman 2), but if Reynolds has that level of control on the film they aren't going to really stand out.

Update: According to The Wrap, the pair parted ways because Miller wanted the second film to be more stylized, while Reynolds (a producer on both films) wanted to keep the raunchy, fourth-wall-breaking comedy approach that made the first film such a success. Their conflict reportedly came to a head with the rumored casting of Kyle Chandler as Cable. Chandler was Miller’s choice, but Reynolds didn’t want him for the part, and the studio ended up siding with the star- partially because his renegotiated contract includes casting approval.

Why the ever living goosefrakk would you ever want to make Deadpool 2 "stylized," for values of "stylized" that aren't "raunchy, fourth-wall-breaking comedy?" That's, like, the whole point. You want "stylized," watch the next fucking Underworld or Resident Evil flick. You want someone to discuss tacos while stabbing a room full of dudes in the junk, you watch a Deadpool flick.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    That's a real shame.

Why the ever living goosefrakk would you ever want to make Deadpool 2 "stylized," for values of "stylized" that aren't "raunchy, fourth-wall-breaking comedy?" That's, like, the whole point. You want "stylized," watch the next fucking Underworld or Resident Evil flick. You want someone to discuss tacos while stabbing a room full of dudes in the junk, you watch a Deadpool flick.

Yeah, I mean the action was fun but it wasn't the point and it's not why people saw it

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Miller wanted this guy as Cable:

kyle_chandler_a_p.jpg

Uhh...

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I just looked up Kyle Chandler and I have no idea why someone would want to cast him for the role of Cable.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    He's forever "that guy from Early Edition" to me.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I like Kyle Chandler a lot, he's done some great work. I would not have thought of him for this, though.

Not saying he couldn't do it but eh

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    More like Kyle Blandler

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Isn't that the dude from Kangaroo Jack

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I just hope they do the Cable gag from the Deadpool game of just how far Deadpool will go to make him stop talking
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZwquZqmWPk

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I know they were running with the 'leaked footage' being 'one of a few people', but this quote;
    While Deadpool was definitely Reynolds’ project, Miller was also key in making the film such a massive success, leaking CGI test footage in 2014 that lit a fire under many fans.

Seems to be saying flat out that it was Miller.

Maybe that's old news, but I don't recall anyone flat out stating it before.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I just looked up Kyle Chandler and I have no idea why someone would want to cast him for the role of Cable.

Especially when Kiera Knightly is, like, right there.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

I still say it needs to be burly dude whenever it's not Wade's POV, and Kiera every time it is Wade's POV.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »

I still say it needs to be burly dude whenever it's not Wade's POV, and Kiera every time it is Wade's POV.

I'd love for Cable to be played by a half dozen different actors throughout the movie, changing appearance when someone does something to alter the future. (I'm picturing a scene where Deadpool deliberately and slowly steps on a butterfly keeping a close eye on Cable, but is briefly distracted (and the camera jerks away from Cable) by something in the background, screeching tires, an explosion, Megasonic Twentysomething Warhead asking him why the hell he's stepping on a butterfly, whatever. When Deadpool (and the camera) turns back to Cable, it's a different actor.)
    Naturally, only Deadpool realizes that Cable is different than he just was. Everyone else is just confused when he comments on it ("Sigh...yes, Wade, Cable was always black/russian/female/that jacked...etc...why do you ask?")

• Options
    I just hope they do the Cable gag from the Deadpool game of just how far Deadpool will go to make him stop talking

Was that game any good?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Was that game any good?

If you like Deadpool it's worth picking up during a Steam sale

The game play is nothing special but it's very loyal to it's source material

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular

This isn't 100% right Tim Miller is working on David Suarez’s Influx for Fox and couldn't direct Deadpool 2.

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    So... Ryan Reynolds still has the writers, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

I'd love for Cable to be played by a half dozen different actors throughout the movie, changing appearance when someone does something to alter the future. (I'm picturing a scene where Deadpool deliberately and slowly steps on a butterfly keeping a close eye on Cable, but is briefly distracted (and the camera jerks away from Cable) by something in the background, screeching tires, an explosion, Megasonic Twentysomething Warhead asking him why the hell he's stepping on a butterfly, whatever. When Deadpool (and the camera) turns back to Cable, it's a different actor.)
    Naturally, only Deadpool realizes that Cable is different than he just was. Everyone else is just confused when he comments on it ("Sigh...yes, Wade, Cable was always black/russian/female/that jacked...etc...why do you ask?")

I was speculating that the Cable actor would change every time Cyclops gets kicked in the nuts. Like twenty four times total.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

I was speculating that the Cable actor would change every time Cyclops gets kicked in the nuts. Like twenty four times total.

So... westworld? No wait, that one he's shot in the nuts 24 times.

• Options
    Hmmm, I can see an aged up James Marsden playing Cable and Deadpool being the only one who notices the resemblance.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Thing is, isn't Cable actually fairly young? The white hair isn't from aging.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Doesn't have to be.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular

The white hair is from aging, as a younger man he had brown hair. Also he had a son who seemed to be late 10s/early 20s at least before he started timetravelling. Cable always seemed to be late 40s/early 50s at its youngest.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Dizzy D wrote: »

The white hair is from aging, as a younger man he had brown hair. Also he had a son who seemed to be late 10s/early 20s at least before he started timetravelling. Cable always seemed to be late 40s/early 50s at its youngest.

Yeah that's the age I had him pegged at, but I stopped really following X Men after Age of Apocalypse or whatever that 90s crossover was.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    He's supposed to be older than Cyclops because lolz time travel, he just looks young in the mid-late 90's stuff and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 because of the art style of the time, with that super kewl mid 90's hair parted down the middle look.

When he first showed up he was all crotchety and old with Norman Osborn bad hair, looked more like that loser Wolverine's kid than super awesome Cyclops' kid.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    That's a real shame.

Yeah, I mean the action was fun but it wasn't the point and it's not why people saw it

Thing is, the Deadpool movie was exactly as stylish as Deadpool needs to be. The beginning credits was a beautiful work of physical comedy, and the "count the bullets" bit was fantastic. But on the whole, the style served and heightened the humor. If it was just style for the sake of style, it would have interrupted the almost non-stop funny.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    what is up with norman osborns hair though

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Ryan Reynolds is a huge contrast to all those Hollywood stars who have never read the book/comic their part is based on (lazy bastards, especially if it's short.) Love the way he's keeping the character true to the comics.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

It's just wavy hair that is slicked/combed back. There are people irl with similar hair, although pretty rare for obvious reasons heh.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

he got a skin graft from a tiger

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »

It's just wavy hair that is slicked/combed back. There are people irl with similar hair, although pretty rare for obvious reasons heh.

It's basically this
    norm.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Ryan Reynolds is a huge contrast to all those Hollywood stars who have never read the book/comic their part is based on (lazy bastards, especially if it's short.) Love the way he's keeping the character true to the comics.

This bugs me because there's not much effort involved and actors tend to have a good amount of free time to get into roles. it's not like they need to read the script and figure out what's going on in the characters mind to get into it - that's all on paper already, and fans want to see that character on paper brought to life. It's not hard to get their agent to online order them a trade paperback or two and read them in your free time.

Even if they don't want to do that research and just want to play the character however they feel, fine. But when they get into an interview, and say 'oh yeah I've been reading comics my whole life and ironically they asked me to play my super awesome most favorite character that I always liked because of the thing with the guy in the place' it just comes off terribly.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Way late to the boat here, but I just watched this today (thanks HBO). I loved all of the meta jokes (about the awful "deadpool" in Origins, Green Lantern and the dumb CHI costume, only having two X-Men because the studio was too cheap to get anymore, etc.) and how true to character that was.

• Options

show me one

steam_sig.png
  • Options

as a person who is massively drunk i just stared that facimile of norman osbourne in the eye for way oo long

like i didn't know which one of us would blink first

BUT

who the fuck would ever trust that fucker i want to use his fat as lard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Stephen Lang Keira Knightley as Cable or I riot.