As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Deadpool] Clawing his way back to relevancy

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Oh my god you are all monsters

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I have seen a considerable number of movies that claim to be the thirtieth in their respective series, but nobody can tell me where any of the previous 29 can be found.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/12/27/deadpool-producer-exits-franchise-moves-kevin-feige-marvel-studios-deadpool-3/

Unsurprising, and it looks like that particular producer has a full plate otherwise with all those Avatar sequels and such.

Here's hoping whatever Marvel/Feige do, it keeps a similar spirit and tone. Glad Reynolds is keeping the job, though!

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    dylman wrote: »
    Bear in mind that The Madness of King George was originally titled The Madness of George III, but renamed to prevent people assuming they'd missed the first two films.

I still haven't seen the first nine Malcom movies.

Common misunderstanding. X is actually a spinoff series from Malcolm Classic. Similar premise, but X has the ability to wall jump and can upgrade his armor.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Oh my god you are all monsters inc 2

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I have seen a considerable number of movies that claim to be the thirtieth in their respective series, but nobody can tell me where any of the previous 29 can be found.

Here's the first one:
    https://youtu.be/umvFBoLOOgo

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Wait, 28 Days Later isn’t a sequel to the Sandra Bullock movie 28 Days?

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

No, it's a sequel to 27 days earlier.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

No, it's a sequel to 27 days earlier.

and the prequel to 9 and a half weeks!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Bear in mind that The Madness of King George was originally titled The Madness of George III, but renamed to prevent people assuming they'd missed the first two films.

Real talk though:

Where's my History of the World Part II?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Real talk though:

Where's my History of the World Part II?

In the vault next to Spaceballs III: The Search for Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'm actually sad we aren't getting MiB23 now that I remembered that almost happened

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I've always wonder why they never released the first part of the naked gun 33 2 parter. We only got the second half.

RickRude on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I know the thread title is a joke but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a dream sequence where he meets the Disney princesses.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    I am not sure how much more meta that could be

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I absolutely love that he explains fridging as "Deadpool 2"

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    I know that Deadpool's whole thing is breaking the fourth wall but this... this is something else...

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    I know that Deadpool's whole thing is breaking the fourth wall but this... this is something else...

Yeah I'm not sure how to read his offense at hiring Ryan Reynolds to be in a movie. Is it because he thinks he should be hired instead?

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

a Meta Gazebo?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Marvel/Disney is just absolutely setting money on fire to tickle fans (they bothered to animate Deadpool's eyes!) and I, for one, welcome our new corporate overlords.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Marvel/Disney is just absolutely setting money on fire to tickle fans (they bothered to animate Deadpool's eyes!) and I, for one, welcome our new corporate overlords.

I really think Deadpool showed that they can do masked heroes and still have emotive eyes. Holland Spidey wouldn't hit the same if he didn't have the eyes getting big/small

I want more hooded characters with animated eyes! Gimme white eyed Batman!

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular

I like that, when commenting on a video featuring a giant animated rock monster, you choose to focus on the guy in the costume's eyes :D

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

I like that, when commenting on a video featuring a giant animated rock monster, you choose to focus on the guy in the costume's eyes :D

:P It's the small details. With Korg there, they could have easily has gotten away with not animating them.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

I actually think Ryan Reynolds might have payed out of pocket for this.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I want more Deadpool movies from Ryan Reynolds. Because he was born for this role.

Also it makes sense for Korg considering who voices him.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    "Ah, we call that bridging" killed me.

I'm so glad Reynolds enjoys the role.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I will be so happy if this is basically the advertising campaign for Deadpool 3. Just nothing but Deadpool shitting on other movies and Ryan Reynolds without a scrap of Deadpool 3 showing up.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Thawmus wrote: »

Yeah I'm not sure how to read his offense at hiring Ryan Reynolds to be in a movie. Is it because he thinks he should be hired instead?

Deadpool thinks Ryan Reynolds is a massive tool. He takes shitty roles because he so desperately wants to be in a superhero film, and even ruined Deadpool. He blames Ryan Reynolds for it taking so long to get a real Deadpool movie, and now the he has them, he's going to continue to take out his frustrations on that Canadian asshole.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    8uy4jlaubnf9.jpg
    greq1wtg70xy.jpg

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that's how you end up buried under the Haunted Mansion, Mr. Reynolds. God speed.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    So long as he doesn't fuck with Baskin Robbins he might be okay

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    A bunch of MCU costumes and props have gone missing from almost every movie, and the stars haven't been shy about telling late night hosts how much of it went missing in the trunk of their car. It doesn't seem to be a situation like Paramount hiring PIs to hunt down missing Star Trek uniforms.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    I mean, people run off with props all the time at the end of a shoot (Ian Mcellan bragged about stealing the keys to Bag End for example at the end of shooting for LOTR) and also leads to a really important question: what the hell is Disney going to do about it? Fire the guy who's made arguably the most profitable superhero movies of all time? Oh Noez, I guess Ryan will have to make do with the 150 million dollars he's worth and keep pimping out Aviation Gin.

• Options
    I mean he steals the suit and then uses it constantly to promote the movie I'm not sure there's anyone in the company who's gonna get in the way.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    A bunch of MCU costumes and props have gone missing from almost every movie, and the stars haven't been shy about telling late night hosts how much of it went missing in the trunk of their car. It doesn't seem to be a situation like Paramount hiring PIs to hunt down missing Star Trek uniforms.
    I do love a good 'what did you steal from the movie' bit.

I think my favorite was Marina Sirtis. At some con with other TNG actors there were reminiscing about what they stole from one of the Star Trek movies and when it came to her she was like "oh, I stole everything I could. Uniform, phaser, tricorder. I was gonna try and steal Patrick's chair but I saw him circling it like a vulture so I moved on."

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Just pay the prop department to make a few extras so the actors can walk off with them.

MCU movies print money. You might be out a couple grand for a Stormbreaker, but Thor 4 will more than make up for it.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Just pay the prop department to make a few extras so the actors can walk off with them.

MCU movies print money. You might be out a couple grand for a Stormbreaker, but Thor 4 will more than make up for it.
    I don't work in movies but I have to assume they do this. Cause how do you not expect the person playing Cap to not want a shield, or the person playing Thor to not want a hammer, or etc.

Hell most of those 'I stole stuff' stories involve said star asking 'the prop guy' for it and getting it.

• Options
    Kind of makes me wonder what they do with the props that don't get stolen.
    Does it all just get tossed in a box in storage in case they might get used in some future production (think Starship Troopers armor, or Robbie the Robot)? Holding onto everything would require a crap-ton of space, as well as the time organizing and tracking stuff so it can be found in 3 years when someone wants generic space armor but doesn't have the budget to make it themselves.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Kind of makes me wonder what they do with the props that don't get stolen.
    Does it all just get tossed in a box in storage in case they might get used in some future production (think Starship Troopers armor, or Robbie the Robot)? Holding onto everything would require a crap-ton of space, as well as the time organizing and tracking stuff so it can be found in 3 years when someone wants generic space armor but doesn't have the budget to make it themselves.

IIRC, there was an online auction for props from Pacific Rim.