As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting PAX Prime tickets

CampTiffCampTiff Registered User new member
Hello,

My name is Tiffany and I am 41 years old. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2005. I married the most wonderful man in the world in 2008, and in 2009 we attended our first PAX Prime. We are moving to Seattle in June. (My husband, my self, and my 11 year old step daughter) We are moving from Tennesee, so this is an Epic Quest! In September, cognition issues associated with my MS caused me to have to go on disability. Needless to say, the fixed income nature of my situation makes me rather dependent on my husband. Plus I am not able to do as much around the house. Anyway, PAX prime is what initially prompted us to even think about Seattle as a place to live. It helps that my husband is in the tech field. All of this leads up to my question: Does anyone have any suggestions for assuring that we get PAX Prime tickets this year since it will be our first year in Seattle?

There have been years in the past when we have missed getting tickets even though we follow twitter and pay especial attention to when tickets go on sale.

I can't do much in general, but I would like to make sure that we can get tickets this year as PAX Prime is where my husband found his tribe! I owe a lot to him, and therefore a lot to Penny Arcade.

Thank you.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2016
    I don't know if there's more you can do besides follow Twitter and be ever vigilant.

Sometimes Club PA members have an opportunity to buy passes early, but keep in mind this is not a sure thing (although Club PA does have other benefits). And of course you can always look for people who can no longer attend PAX and are selling off their passes. Just be sure the price is reasonable because you really don't want to give scalpers money.

Keep in mind, however, that if even if you don't get passes, you can still hang out with convention goers since you live in the area. In many cases that can be just as fun.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    chrissie1122chrissie1122 Registered User new member
    any extra tickets that someone cant use,

My name is christina and i was hoping that you may be able to help me out. i been taking care of my boyfriend for the last 2 years ever since his car accident, he was unable to walk for about a year, and now that he is up and walking i was hoping that i might be able to take the family out my daughter is really big into the pax east , she is only 13, and she wants to become a gamer/ youtuber we are only a few hours away from boston so I will be driving, and I would love to be able to take my daughter to this event I cant even imagine what this would mean to her, this would be a big surprise for her since she hasn't really been able to do anything for the last few years, so i was trying to see if there was any type of way to get three tickets to pax east in Boston at the convention center on April 22. ithanks from the bottom of my heart,

well thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
    Sincerely,
    Christina

• Options
    BiweeklyAaronBiweeklyAaron Registered User regular
    If your husband is in the tech field and interested in buying tickets to PAX Dev, he would be guaranteed an opportunity to purchase regular PAX tickets that way as well. It only works for each person attending PAX Dev, but it would be one less set of tickets you'd have to worry about.