As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

1777879808183»

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Gritty win for Raquel
    Let's see if ddp can knock Strickland into space

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 21
    think DDP is probably up 3 rounds to 1, i think strickland needs a finish here
    ddp is really tired though

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    very close fight but DDP did enough to win
    I think if Izzy can find the motivation to come back, he can handle dricus

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea Sean really shouldn't have coasted round 3 on such a close fight.

But hopefully this leads to Izzy getting his chance to rock Du Plessis' shit.

Please oh please.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So I just randomly decided to watch some of this bareknuckle MMA shit.

My gods this is the dumbest thing.

First fight guy is cut open in the first 2 punches and the other guys hand is broken.

It's just mma with a lot more randomness from injuries to end a fight early. But I guess a lot more blood? So nothing really gained but a lot lost and I imagine everyone needs way more healing time.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

First fight guy is cut open in the first 2 punches and the other guys hand is broken.

It's just mma with a lot more randomness from injuries to end a fight early. But I guess a lot more blood? So nothing really gained but a lot lost and I imagine everyone needs way more healing time.

I imagine it's very similar to Muay Thai with boxing gloves vs. Muay Thai with hand wraps (though modern kard cheuk usually has small gloves under the wraps as opposed to pre-90s/80s style). Punches are higher risk/reward as you can't just hammer away on a person's face without protection but there's more chance of opening a cut. Kicks, elbows, knees, and grappling take on higher importance. The last one isn't going to be as big a shift for MMA style rules given the normal MMA glove obviously.

I've enjoyed watching Muay Thai sans gloves but it does change the dynamics of a fight and could see other combat sport athletes not having the benefit of drawing on decades of old fights to learn from. And someone that really likes seeing boxing exchanges is going to really be disappointed, which is a lot of viewers.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

I imagine it's very similar to Muay Thai with boxing gloves vs. Muay Thai with hand wraps (though modern kard cheuk usually has small gloves under the wraps as opposed to pre-90s/80s style). Punches are higher risk/reward as you can't just hammer away on a person's face without protection but there's more chance of opening a cut. Kicks, elbows, knees, and grappling take on higher importance. The last one isn't going to be as big a shift for MMA style rules given the normal MMA glove obviously.

I've enjoyed watching Muay Thai sans gloves but it does change the dynamics of a fight and could see other combat sport athletes not having the benefit of drawing on decades of old fights to learn from. And someone that really likes seeing boxing exchanges is going to really be disappointed, which is a lot of viewers.

Yea I can see some avenues of strategizing around the injuries.

The refs definitely took away from my enjoyment because they were truly terrible from both a fighter safety standpoint and giving in to pressure from the crowd.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The bar has Big 10 wrestling on this Iowa Penn State matchup has been good so far, but we haven't gotten to the #1 ranked wrestlers in Penn State's lineup which is half their team.

I wish I had kept wrestling after breaking my arm doing it in middle school.

• Options
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Yeah, Costa Whitaker was an absolute banger. Figuratively and literally.

Been saying all week that Volk came back too early. I'm betting he barely left the traning room since the KO. From the sound of things he's got an inability to rest.

• Options
    Holy butts. Looks like Chris Curtis had a grade 3 hamstring tear in that fight.

Muscle torn off bone.

A short notice fight just put a big dent in his career path unfortunately.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Alright this whole card was amazing.

The EARLY prelims were more stacked than some main cards.

And the whole thing was just filled with fights that lived up to or surpassed expectations. Just wow.